PDA

View Full Version : Leith against seagulls

Treadstone
22-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Cracking new Facebook page, worth a read for the comments alone.

https://www.facebook.com/LeithAgainstSeagulls/posts/488765417874619

This is an open letter to Edinburgh City Council – The current situation with seagulls in Leith is intolerable. I along with my fellow Leithers are now suffering from sleep deprivation from these flying car alarms. I would honestly have more chance having a kip at Cape Canaveral during a space shuttle launch. The squawking is simply ****ing brutal.

Today is the 20th July 2013. It is 4.35am. The Council Seagull division has exactly one week to respond and take action or I will instruct the people of Leith to dowse bread in bicarbonate of soda and feed it to the seagulls. This will leads to expansion of the stomach and lead to near instant death of the greedy *******s. To put it simply a large scale cull is required immediately. I fully accept that there may be outcry from animal rights and welfare groups but in all honesty they can go **** themselves. I would welcome them to try and stay a night at my flat just to experience how loud and relentless these ****ers are.

The seagulls contribute nothing to our society. I can tolerate rats, at least they just come out at night and scurry about quietly, yet the seagulls fly about all day and night, opening bins, eating chips and throwing the rubbish all over the street. I have seen a seagull chase a Labrador down the street. A Labrador is not a wee dog and it was completely ****ting itself. I have witnessed on the news a seagull shoplifting a bag of crisps up North. Next they will be stealing cars.

I am honestly trying to be as reasonable as possible but will not be drawn into your politics regarding this issue. I think the people of Leith have put up with quite a lot of your ***** over the past ten years. I won’t mention the ****ing trams that caused so much disruption and closed local businesses. This is your opportunity to redeem yourselves, in which you have a week to do so. First thing Monday get your crew round a table and find a solution. Do not leave that room until you come out with a plan. Knowing the incompetence of you lot you will probably take 3 years to hire an Apache gun ship to pick them off one by one. That’s not going to work. Get a hawk man or something or else we will blow them up ourselves.

If my neighbor made this kind of noise day and night they would be evicted. That’s a human being. These are ****ing birds and let’s be honest with ourselves, no one, no one even likes them.

I have no doubt that this issue will have the full support of Leith and further afield. This is your opportunity to respond, and deal with the problem and take swift action as I will urge local shops to start stocking up on bicarbonate of soda.

This is a public issue that effects everyone in Leith so do not attempt to contact me personally, this will be played out in public and I welcome your response on this page. Action will be taken on the 27th July 2013 by the people of Leith if you are unwilling to help.

Just Alf
22-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Great find!..... Some of those comments are class :-)

hibsbollah
23-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Saw it yesterday, very funny :greengrin

Sylar
23-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Bears with jetpacks :greengrin

NOLA
23-07-2013, 08:36 PM
so funny but true, f****ing hate they seagulls, bold as brass, :gun:

s.a.m
23-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I was sitting in Princes St Gardens a few months ago, when I felt the wing of a gull against the back of my head....milliseconds before it seized half a steak roll out of my mouth, quickly followed by its friends and relatives setting about me for the other half. Humungous, aggressive b*****s.:gun: