PDA

View Full Version : Big fat eck at it again!

vuefrom1875
14-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Coming to terms with the embarrassment of last Sunday's performance from' King Eck' at Wimbledon....(didn't someone tell him Andy Murray has Hibs leanings) he sure did surpass himself today after Phil Michelson won the scot.open..almost bust his enormous gut to get his big mush in for the television/cameras...the man is a complete and utter publicity fan#y..GGTTH!

allmodcons
14-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Coming to terms with the embarrassment of last Sunday's performance from' King Eck' at Wimbledon....(didn't someone tell him Andy Murray has Hibs leanings) he sure did surpass himself today after Phil Michelson won the scot.open..almost bust his enormous gut to get his big mush in for the television/cameras...the man is a complete and utter publicity fan#y..GGTTH!

Only thing embarrassing is your venom and hatred. Why so?

monktonharp
14-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Coming to terms with the embarrassment of last Sunday's performance from' King Eck' at Wimbledon....(didn't someone tell him Andy Murray has Hibs leanings) he sure did surpass himself today after Phil Michelson won the scot.open..almost bust his enormous gut to get his big mush in for the television/cameras...the man is a complete and utter publicity fan#y..GGTTH!:confused: why so angry? what's he done to you? :rolleyes:

gringojoe
14-07-2013, 07:23 PM

:taxi

BSEJVT
14-07-2013, 07:24 PM
The guy is the ultimate freeloader and an absolute embarassment to Scotland.

Interesting to note that he played with Mickleson in the pro-am on Wednesday.

With this, his performance at the last Ryder Cup closing ceremony, Wimbledon and the recent panaroma programme on his aquiescence in the Trump International debacle its about time someone was asking questions regarding his actions.

There is no way he would get away with all this freeloading as a company employee or I suspect normal civil servant.

The only saving grace is more and more people are recognising him for what he truly is and his lustre is fast fading.

Why is it not a surprise he's a Jambo?

Frazerbob
I'm pretty sure he was invited to be a part of the presentation and not just taking it upon himself.

However, my mate has been working the Scottish Open and was there for the pro-am. Apparently Eck was playing with Mickelson and proudly boasted on the 1st tee that he would out drive Phil. Eck the proceeded to take a run at the ball Happy Gilmour style and ended up on his arse, at which point his security demanded that no photos be taken and any that had were deleted. I have a lot of time for the man and think he's done a great job as First Minister however he is in danger of becoming our very own version of Boris Johnson!

CropleyWasGod

He's a politician. It's part of his job to get publicity.

Waxy
14-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Had a bet on Mickelson but i was also delighted for him.
Great player and always comes across a great guy.

Then i was horrified to see big fat Eck try to give him a BJ straight after winning.

Will he ever go away?

Bostonhibby
14-07-2013, 07:26 PM

With this, his performance at the last Ryder Cup closing ceremony, Wimbledon and the recent panaroma programme on his aquiescence in the Trump International debacle its about time someone was asking questions regarding his actions.

There is no way he would get away with all this freeloading as a company employee or I suspect normal civil servant.

The only saving grace is more and more people are recognising him for what he truly is and his lustre is fast fading.

:top marks

Roll on the pantomome season.

vuefrom1875
14-07-2013, 07:26 PM
he's a politician. It's part of his job to get publicity......freeloader!

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2013, 07:27 PM
.....freeloader!

Me?

Frazerbob
14-07-2013, 07:28 PM

He's doing his job, just like when he was guest of honour at the Ryder Cup as the next host, just like when he attends Tartan Week in NYC every year etc. PM Cameron is also found at these types of event, I know who I'd rather have running my country!

monktonharp
14-07-2013, 07:29 PM

Why is it not a surprise he's a Jambo? you remind me of my brother-in-law. he's a jambo and hates Andy Murray. wonder why?

SkintHibby
14-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Wish the Salmond haters would give it a rest.:rolleyes:

He is a very intelligent politician who has turned the SNP around.

Like me, he's proud be be Scottish. Get over it!:agree:

truehibernian
14-07-2013, 07:33 PM
He's a politician. It's part of his job to get publicity.

Whilst that is true CWG, AS for me has started to take the SNP backwards (and Sturgeon) this last few months - he has gone from being a very astute, articulate and clever politician, being a supremely good speaker in public, to one that is very quickly having his credibility undermined by his own actions in public - Wimbledon was simply embarrassing in my opinion. By all accounts he was a bit sharp with the media this weekend after facing criticism as well. Even his exchanges in parliament (I'm sad, I do watch it) have been poor, off the mark and not up to his usual causticity.

In other words he is starting to come across as very undignified and supercilious (just my opinion mind).

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Whilst that is true CWG, AS for me has started to take the SNP backwards (and Sturgeon) this last few months - he has gone from being a very astute, articulate and clever politician, being a supremely good speaker in public, to one that is very quickly having his credibility undermined by his own actions in public - Wimbledon was simply embarrassing in my opinion. By all accounts he was a bit sharp with the media this weekend after facing criticism as well. Even his exchanges in parliament (I'm sad, I do watch it) have been poor, off the mark and not up to his usual causticity.

In other words he is starting to come across as very undignified and supercilious (just my opinion mind).

Your opinion is valid, of course, and I agree with some of what you say.

However, that's not really what the OP is arguing. He seems to be railing against the fact that AS (who is, like it or not, Citizen No.1) is actually seeking publicity for himself, his party, his cause, his country. Heaven forfend. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
14-07-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm delighted he'll not be at Muirfield next week but he's even tried to make political capital out of that one.

BSEJVT
14-07-2013, 07:40 PM
He's doing his job, just like when he was guest of honour at the Ryder Cup as the next host, just like when he attends Tartan Week in NYC every year etc. PM Cameron is also found at these types of event, I know who I'd rather have running my country!

I can concede by attending he is doing part of his job.

I suppose it depends on what you consider his job to be, I would consider it to promote Scotland with some dignity, not to be nosing all the smaller piglets out the trough.

He is so transparent that event sponsors must be wetting themselves at the prospect of what he can do to help them (a la Trump International) for the sake of a cuddle with the winner and resultant photo opportunity for him that they cant wait to invite him.

I doubt even his staunchest ally would argue that he isnt abusing his position by his actions.

He is meant to be promoting Scotland not Alex Salmond.

What next, a starring role on the wing at Wembley?

Lead singer at the Proclaimers next gig?

Oscar nomination as best supporting actor in Gerard Butler's next film?

Its embarassing and I know other senior people across Scotland in various sectors who attend the types of events he gets to who would never embarass themselves or their organisations by behaving as he does, they simply turn up network, make contacts, promote their organisations and obtain business.

WHUHibs
14-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Me too Cameron!!!

BSEJVT
14-07-2013, 07:44 PM
you remind me of my brother-in-law. he's a jambo and hates Andy Murray. wonder why?

I dont hate Salmond, but I dislike intensly the way is he is misusing his position as Scotland's First Minister for personal advantage.

The jambo bit was a joke, nothing more.

I have nothing but admiration for for example Sir Chris Hoy and Stephen Hendry for the way they conducted themselves both professionally and publicly. Their sporting allegiances are inconsequential as is Alex Salmond's

Do you think his behaviour is appropriate?

There was a time I would have said he was the SNP's greatest weapon, IMO he has diminshed his effectiveness in that role substantially by his behaviour.

Its not good that our First Minister behaves like a star struck teenager at every sporting event.

Someone in his position needs to exhibit some gravitas, he increasingly portrays himself as a giggling teenager crashing a photo shoot.

The fact that this debate is happening and widening, see last weeks papers as an example, should have rained him in as until recently he was the consumate political operator, I now happen to think he sees himself as untouchable, which is poor for the SNP and far poorer for Scotland.

WHUHibs
14-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm delighted he'll not be at Muirfield next week but he's even tried to make political capital out of that one.

I'm there on Sunday,,can't wait,,only 2 miles from my house!!! Was told today to head for he MasterCard tent,,show you have one, register and be supplied with copious mount of drink in nice surroundings...

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Salmond would be dangerous if he had half a brain.

Had he not tried to align ourselves with a business link with China (a country with a horrific record on human rights), not been caught lying about his non-consultation of lawyers about if an independent Scotland would need to reapply to the EU, stating that we could be like Iceland weeks before they were plunged into economic disaster or many of his other gaffes I might have had a shred of respect for him.

He's a man whose ego has been left to grow out of control. As a proud Scotsman I want to see the best for my country and that, without an iota of doubt, will mean voting 'No' in the referendum.

WHUHibs
14-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Had he not tried to align ourselves with a business link with China (a country with a horrific record on human rights), not been caught lying about his non-consultation of lawyers about if an independent Scotland would need to reapply to the EU, stating that we could be like Iceland weeks before they were plunged into economic disaster or many of his other gaffes I might have had a shred of respect for him.

He's a man whose ego has been left to grow out of control. As a proud Scotsman I want to see the best for my country and that, without an iota of doubt, will mean voting 'No' in the referendum.

:top marks

Newhaven
14-07-2013, 08:58 PM

Great post.

I'm quite a level headed person but when I see his coupon on the tv I could easily put my foot through the box.

I have every faith his breakaway plans will fail, hopefully spectacularly.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 09:27 PM

And as a just as proud Scotsman as you I totally disagree with you. We are continually governed by political parties we did not vote for and that will never change until we are self governed. The English Tories can't sand us and the English Labour party tolerate us as we guarantee them 50 seats in any election.

marinello59
14-07-2013, 09:30 PM
And as a just as proud Scotsman as you I totally disagree with you. We are continually governed by political parties we did not vote for and that will never change until we are self governed. The English Tories can't sand us and the English Labour party tolerate us as we guarantee them 50 seats in any election.

So we are continually governed by parties we don't vote for ..... Apart from Labour who we vote for in large numbers? :greengrin

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 09:34 PM

...we do vote in the general election of the United Kingdom.

I really wish that the nationalists would stop trying to make out that Scotland is caught in some kind of undemocratic process - the whole of the UK votes for the Westminster parliament and we also have the added bonus (which England do not have) of voting for our own parliament in Holyrood.

We have the best of both worlds and seeing as how Scotland would still be sharing a currency, pension system and many other things with England and the rest of the UK I fail to see how the SNPs proposals differ from what we have now apart from the ability to vote in the UK elections for a parliament which has some control over the pound, pensions and other things that will STILL affect Scotland as a nation?

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 09:39 PM
So we are continually governed by parties we don't vote for ..... Apart from Labour who we vote for in large numbers? :greengrin
Read it again, I mention Labour and I am well aware that unfortunately we in this country have a misguided love affair with them for some reason. In my lifetime we have been mostly governed by Tories (unelected in Scotland)and Tony Blairs party of almost Tories ( not really what Scotland wanted form a Labour government). None of these have been good for Scotland in any way.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 09:46 PM
...we do vote in the general election of the United Kingdom.

I really wish that the nationalists would stop trying to make out that Scotland is caught in some kind of undemocratic process - the whole of the UK votes for the Westminster parliament and we also have the added bonus (which England do not have) of voting for our own parliament in Holyrood.

We have the best of both worlds and seeing as how Scotland would still be sharing a currency, pension system and many other things with England and the rest of the UK I fail to see how the SNPs proposals differ from what we have now apart from the ability to vote in the UK elections for a parliament which has some control over the pound, pensions and other things that will STILL affect Scotland as a nation?
I never said it was undemocratic. But it is tragically unfair. England does not need to have it's own election as by default the party who wins the battles in England will become the party of government, therefore they get a government that they voted for while we do not.. You only have to look at the last 40 years when Scotland continues to return 50ish Labour seats. It was only when they became more attractive to England that they got in power

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Read it again, I mention Labour and I am well aware that unfortunately we in this country have a misguided love affair with them for some reason. In my lifetime we have been mostly governed by Tories (unelected in Scotland)and Tony Blairs party of almost Tories ( not really what Scotland wanted form a Labour government). None of these have been good for Scotland in any way.

However the SNP would like to see us go independant where we would have to rely more heavily on our banking sector than nearly any other EU country. This is the strategy that left Ireland and Iceland in huge trouble.

You may not like Labour but the SNP would put hundreds of thousands of jobs at risk in a catastrophic way.

marinello59
14-07-2013, 09:49 PM

You read your own post again. You said we were continually governed by parties we didn't vote for then moaned about us voting for Labour. How many years were they in power for again?
Some of us dinosaurs still believe that the Labour movement wasn't a bad ideal to follow despite the Blair years.
As an aside though if Salmond had the guts to offer us proper Independence I would vote for it. He hasn't though, an open goal and he looks like kicking it over the bar.

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I never said it was undemocratic. But it is tragically unfair. England does not need to have it's own election as by default the party who wins the battles in England will become the party of government, therefore they get a government that they voted for while we do not.. You only have to look at the last 40 years when Scotland continues to return 50ish Labour seats. It was only when they became more attractive to England that they got in power

And yet you'd have us move to the SNPs vision of independence where we still rely on the UK government for currency, pensions, possibly military amongst many other things yet we surrender any power that we do have within the UK government.

Madness.

Treadstone
14-07-2013, 09:55 PM
And yet you'd have us move to the SNPs vision of independence where we still rely on the UK government for currency, pensions, possibly military amongst many other things yet we surrender any power that we do have within the UK government.

Madness.

Why would we want any power in the 'UK' government if we became an independent nation ?

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 09:57 PM
However the SNP would like to see us go independant where we would have to rely more heavily on our banking sector than nearly any other EU country. This is the strategy that left Ireland and Iceland in huge trouble.

You may not like Labour but the SNP would put hundreds of thousands of jobs at risk in a catastrophic way.

Two things. 1. I never said I dislike Labour. In an independent Scotland I would most likely vote for a Socialist party, something like the way Labour used to be. 2. I don't know where you get figures like hundreds of thousands of jobs at risk, that is the kind of scare mongering I would expect from the unionist parties and really has no foundation. The banking sector is hugely important to Scotland and should be controlled better than it has been since Labours deregulation to curry favour with the get rich quick south of England.The only people who have Scotlands interest at heart are Scottish people. If a Westminster government has a choice between a Scottish job or an English job to be lost it will be the Scots who are on the dole first.

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Two things. 1. I never said I dislike Labour. In an independent Scotland I would most likely vote for a Socialist party, something like the way Labour used to be. 2. I don't know where you get figures like hundreds of thousands of jobs at risk, that is the kind of scare mongering I would expect from the unionist parties and really has no foundation. The banking sector is hugely important to Scotland and should be controlled better than it has been since Labours deregulation to curry favour with the get rich quick south of England.The only people who have Scotlands interest at heart are Scottish people. If a Westminster government has a choice between a Scottish job or an English job to be lost it will be the Scots who are on the dole first.

If you look at the affect that a recession has on any country with a large banking sector, however much regulation is in place, the result is utterly catastrophic.

The best people to run Scotland are those with the best policies. That is in no way the SNP who want to run Scotland to boost Fat Eck's out of control ego.

jabis
14-07-2013, 10:01 PM

unlike yourself.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 10:01 PM
You read your own post again. You said we were continually governed by parties we didn't vote for then moaned about us voting for Labour. How many years were they in power for again?
Some of us dinosaurs still believe that the Labour movement wasn't a bad ideal to follow despite the Blair years.
As an aside though if Salmond had the guts to offer us proper Independence I would vote for it. He hasn't though, an open goal and he looks like kicking it over the bar.

I too believe in the Labour ethos and always have done. I just want it to be in an independent Scotland so that when I vote Labour I know that if in Scotland they get the most votes they will be in power. Right now they get the most votes and are powerless. What would you see as proper independence?

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Why would we want any power in the 'UK' government if we became an independent nation ?

Because we'd still be sharing the pound (and have no say in policies that would affect it), pensions (and have no say in policies affecting that) and all the other things that the SNP would still want to share with the UK in an "independent" Scotland.

Fat Eck is more and more resembling the protagonist in the movie Network.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 10:05 PM
If you look at the affect that a recession has on any country with a large banking sector, however much regulation is in place, the result is utterly catastrophic.

The best people to run Scotland are those with the best policies. That is in no way the SNP who want to run Scotland to boost Fat Eck's out of control ego.

That's just nonsense and you know it. Does he have an ego? Yes. Do I wish sometimes he didn't? Yes. Does the SNP run as a party just to boost that ego.Of course it doesn't!! What utter utter nonsense.

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:07 PM
That's just nonsense and you know it. Does he have an ego? Yes. Do I wish sometimes he didn't? Yes. Does the SNP run as a party just to boost that ego.Of course it doesn't!! What utter utter nonsense.

I don't see why else they'd be running with such ridiculous half baked "policies"...

Treadstone
14-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Because we'd still be sharing the pound (and have no say in policies that would affect it), pensions (and have no say in policies affecting that) and all the other things that the SNP would still want to share with the UK in an "independent" Scotland.

What say in the £ and pensions do they currently get ?

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:11 PM
What say in the £ and pensions do they currently get ?

As it stands Scotland votes MPs into the house of commons who can then vote on all proposals.

If we go "independent" we lose that ability to do so.

So your answer is 100% more than if we voted "Yes" in the referendum.

marinello59
14-07-2013, 10:11 PM

I will agree with you there. The SNP has a lot of talented members. Salmond had become overly dominate though. Sturgeon must secretly despair at some of his recent actions.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't see why else they'd be running with such ridiculous half baked "policies"...
Good comeback! You are almost sounding like the unionist politicians. Labour and Tories are all Yah boo sucks politics. They have no real positives but will decry the policies of others. They all ran negative campaigns in the last Scottish elections while the SNP were positive and outlined what they were going to do that would be good rather than what the others did and just criticised every one elses opinions and policies. And look what happened.

Treadstone
14-07-2013, 10:16 PM
As it stands Scotland votes MPs into the house of commons who can then vote on all proposals.

If we go "independent" we lose that ability to do so.

So your answer is 100% more than if we voted "Yes" in the referendum.

Last part doesn't make sense. 100% more ?

90% of Scottish MPs voted against the 'bedroom tax'.

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:16 PM
What saddens me is that the Commonwealth Games next year is something that Scotland may well have been proud of.

With the timing of the referendum being right after that there is little doubt in my mind that Fat Eck will turn a great sporting event into a several week long manifesto to support his half baked views, desparately hoping to ride on the coattails of our athletes, irrelevant to their views on independence. Any event where we look as if we could win gold I'll bet he's there presenting the medals, waving flags about in a desperate attempt to get a similar reaction that the Olympics received.

The Commonwealth Games in Glasgow is set to go down as a total embarrasment IMO and I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

jabis
14-07-2013, 10:17 PM

was going to give a reasoned response to this ,until I read the last sentence,so in the spirit of the post.......

......PEE.

it's a scottish word..........means PISH !

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 10:18 PM

Then what would be wrong with the propsals of "devolution plus" where would have the ability to overturn the bedroom tax within the Scottish parliament and yet still have a say in the proposals within the UK parliament that affect us?

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 10:22 PM

And that is the big issue. These Scottish MP are not members of the governing party are unlikely to be so whenever it is any other party than Labour. We have decisions being made in our country by people whose party are an irrelevance in Scotland but by sheer weight of numbers they govern us

Treadstone
14-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Then what would be wrong with the propsals of "devolution plus" where would have the ability to overturn the bedroom tax within the Scottish parliament and yet still have a say in the proposals within the UK parliament that affect us?

Why not independence then ? Control over all policies by members voted for by people of Scotland. Accountability to electorate of Scotland.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 10:26 PM
What saddens me is that the Commonwealth Games next year is something that Scotland may well have been proud of.

With the timing of the referendum being right after that there is little doubt in my mind that Fat Eck will turn a great sporting event into a several week long manifesto to support his half baked views, desparately hoping to ride on the coattails of our athletes, irrelevant to their views on independence. Any event where we look as if we could win gold I'll bet he's there presenting the medals, waving flags about in a desperate attempt to get a similar reaction that the Olympics received.

The Commonwealth Games in Glasgow is set to go down as a total embarrasment IMO and I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.
So David Cameron was an embarrassment to England/Britain at the Olympics, Wimbledon etc? You are talking rubbish again. You have a hatred for AS as we can all see by your cute little nickname for him. politicians will get involved with anything they feel is positive and a good news story and that is why they want to be seen with gold medal winners and successful sportsmen and women

Frazerbob
17-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Salmond has turned down his invite to the Open this week due to Muirfield's men only policy. Attention seeking bam! 😉

Peevemor
17-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Salmond has turned down his invite to the Open this week due to Muirfield's men only policy. Attention seeking bam! 

Good on him! If the club had an official White only or Protestant only policy would you still say he was only seeking attention?

marinello59
17-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Salmond has turned down his invite to the Open this week due to Muirfield's men only policy. Attention seeking bam! 

Well done Eck.
If he would take an equally hard line stance against Golf fashion then he would have my full support.

Frazerbob
17-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Good on him! If the club had an official White only or Protestant only policy would you still say he was only seeking attention?

The attention seeking bam bit was sarcasm. Just getting in before the haters did.

allmodcons
17-07-2013, 12:01 PM
The attention seeking bam bit was sarcasm. Just getting in before the haters did.

There are a number

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/7736-if-you-hate-alex-salmond-clap-your-hands-or-phone-call-kaye