PDA

View Full Version : Family Holidays abroad on a Budget

sleeping giant
14-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi ,

Looking to take the tribe abroad for the the first time next year but not sure where to start.

Anyone know roughly how much i should be looking at for a family of 5 flying (HOPEFULLY) from Scotland in mid june 2014 to somewhere with nice weather. Spain , Portugal etc.
Not really after loads of culture. Happy to have a thriving all inclusive hotel with leisure pool near the beach.
3 kids going aged 14,12 and 5.
This will be their first time abroad and we are reallly just looking to play on the beach and swim in warm seas (for a change).

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on areas i would be grateful. The travel sites are a nightmare to choose from.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Cheers

Billy Whizz
14-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi ,

Looking to take the tribe abroad for the the first time next year but not sure where to start.

Anyone know roughly how much i should be looking at for a family of 5 flying (HOPEFULLY) from Scotland in mid june 2014 to somewhere with nice weather. Spain , Portugal etc.
Not really after loads of culture. Happy to have a thriving all inclusive hotel with leisure pool near the beach.
3 kids going aged 14,12 and 5.
This will be their first time abroad and we are reallly just looking to play on the beach and swim in warm seas (for a change).

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on areas i would be grateful. The travel sites are a nightmare to choose from.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Cheers
I go down to the costa del sol every June, and the weather is fantastic. Just booked for next year again into Malaga, and the flights have rocketed verses this year. Paid £228 this year, and £270 for next year. The flight price includes Bags at £35 and seats at £12. Give you an indication on cost

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2013, 06:28 PM
There was a slight chance i could have made a week away about a month ago, so looked at this site that emailed me.

Mamaris was coming up at £170 all inclusive at the time, we didnt go but at that price its a steal.

http://www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk/

dp00
14-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I would suggest turkey, just back from icemeler and was eating out at night with a few drinks for as little as 20quid

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jack
14-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I have 3 kids and trying to get abroad, or indeed anywhere, with 5 isn't easy as you probably already know.

We found a 'cheap' all inclusive in Salou. The Villamarina.

Bad. Its about 10/15 minutes walk from the beach.

Good. All the kids clubs. Entertainment every night is reasonable. Food is very decent. Staff are great.

The hotel has apartments in a block about 2 minutes from the main blocks. A family of 5 fit in these apartments perfectly. There's a fridge freezer in the kitchen too and a huge balcony, great for sitting on when the kids are in bed and you and the misses can have a quiet drink - there's also an exclusive pool for the apartments and a mini supermarket across the road.

I've been there about 4 or 5 times, was there a couple of weeks ago with the kids, they've holiday grown up there.

Portaventura is there.