PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone insurance

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Looking for a decent insurance for a new phone as the provider (3) doesn't offer any.

HibbyAndy
08-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Awrite Stoney, Member you used tae be barry at ma quizzys oan here yonks ago :aok:

HH81
08-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Looking for a decent insurance for a new phone as the provider (3) doesn't offer any.

What phone is it?

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2013, 08:22 PM

My mobile insurance is one of the benefits of my bank account with Lloyds Tsb.

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Awrite Stoney, Member you used tae be barry at ma quizzys oan here yonks ago :aok:

Think it's mistaken identity Andy

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 08:37 PM
What phone is it?

Sony Xperia Z, got it for the Laddies 15th birthday. He has a terrible history with phones, so I'm not too confident without insurance in place very soon.

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Did look into that Scouse but it would mean changing my account with my bank, reluctant to do that.

HH81
08-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Did look into that Scouse but it would mean changing my account with my bank, reluctant to do that.

Which bank you with?

HibeeSince85
08-07-2013, 08:51 PM

Ever tried claiming on it? Heard they are a disaster(all banks not just Lloyds) no personal experience though.

OP - Only independent that springs to mind is protectmybubble.com

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I insure mine with Protect Your Bubble.

I have had 2 claims, which ultimately were settled, but for which I had to jump through interminable hoops. It's the nature of the beast, though, to be so difficult, otherwise the scams would be endless.

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Ever tried claiming on it? Heard they are a disaster(all banks not just Lloyds) no personal experience though.

OP - Only independent that springs to mind is protectmybubble.com

Fortunately I have never had to, I have used the free AA breakdown that is another one of the benefits though with no problem.

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Which bank you with?

Bank of Scotland

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 09:12 PM
I insure mine with Protect Your Bubble.

I have had 2 claims, which ultimately were settled, but for which I had to jump through interminable hoops. It's the nature of the beast, though, to be so difficult, otherwise the scams would be endless.

Protect Your Bubble seems to be popular, I'm gonna see if I can maybe add it to my home insurance.

greenlex
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Bank of Scotland

I have just changed to Halifax an they do it. It costs £10 a month for the account but it has the mobile insurance and AA cover as well as other benefits. You would have thought BOS being part of the group would do likewise. ( also got £100 for changing to them too)

stoneyburn hibs
08-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I have just changed to Halifax an they do it. It costs £10 a month for the account but it has the mobile insurance and AA cover as well as other benefits. You would have thought BOS being part of the group would do likewise. ( also got £100 for changing to them too)

I was offered that account months ago, wasn't aware it was still available.
Might change my mind regarding the bank account if you get other benefits as well.

Speedy
09-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I was offered that account months ago, wasn't aware it was still available.
Might change my mind regarding the bank account if you get other benefits as well.

Worth looking into but the phone insurance probably won't be as good as individual phone cover.

I get the RBS Gold account, through work, which is their equivalent but I wouldn't pay for it. The nationwide version looks pretty good for a tenner a month but it all depends whether you get anything from the benefits. £120 plus at £50 excess is a lot just for phone insurance.

HH81
09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Bank of Scotland

I work within the brand, an account change (to an added value account with mob insurance) shouldn't be too hard to sort out and would only take about 5 mins.

.Sean.
09-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm insured through Lloyds aswell... anyone aware as to the procedure for making a claim? I'm with Vodafone, cracked my screen but it's not a bad one and the phone still functions fine, though how would I go about getting it fixed?

H18sry
10-07-2013, 07:50 AM
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-mobile-phone-insurance?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=09-Jul-13&utm_campaign=insurance&utm_content=200 :thumbsup:

HH81
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm insured through Lloyds aswell... anyone aware as to the procedure for making a claim? I'm with Vodafone, cracked my screen but it's not a bad one and the phone still functions fine, though how would I go about getting it fixed?

Yes pm me which account you have and i will send you the number to call them directly.

.Sean.
14-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Yes pm me which account you have and i will send you the number to call them directly.

:aok:

.Sean.
20-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Hi mate, I have the premier account with Lloyds, phone not recognising my sim as of this morning, says I can make a claim via internet banking though can't find the option and there's no help online?! Cheeeeers :aok:

easty
21-08-2013, 06:34 AM
I've got the BoS Ultimate Reward account and they made it really difficult to make a claim for phone insurance for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Absolutely *****.

This isn't particularly short, but that's just how bad they were!

Phone was stolen, and reported to the police.
Phoned insurance, reported it and they said they'd send out paperwork.
Got the paperwork, filled it out, sent it back.
Week passed, heard nothing, so called them. "Oh yeah we tried to call you but couldn't get you so left you a message twice". No they didn't. I'd given them my work number, the answer machine works fine. "Because you didn't get back to us we've sent out a letter". Still hasn't turned up, its been months now. "We require a copy of the police incident report, you need to contact the police for it, then send it to us". The forms I'd filled in asked for the police incident number, didn't mention the incident report at all.
Phoned the police who told me that is was the insurance company who should contact them to request this.
Called back the insurance "no that's not correct, for data privacy issues we can't get that from the police".
Quick check in google suggests that's not correct, so I call the insurer back, again they say they "absolutely cannot get the report themselves"
Phone police again, the person I speak to tells me it's simply the case that they don't want to pay for the incident report.
Call insurers, they tell me the same nonsense, so I ask for a manager. Manager concedes that it is because they don't pay for the incident reports. Tells me if I can't get it, then I could get them a letter from the place my phone was stolen, saying there was a break in, police were called, heres the incident number. I ask why it's my job to do all the work, what exactly am I paying them for. Only answer I get to that is "we'll leave your claim open until you get back to us".
At this point I make my second official complaint about the poor service.
So I get what they need, send it to them, call then up. "The letter isn't exactly what we were looking for". I'm getting nowhere, totally lost my patience and hung up. Then I get a call about my complaint. Tell the person whats happened, they say tthey'll see what they can do.
A few hours later "hi, we've spoken with meh police and everything appears to be in order, your phone will be out tomorrow, that'll be £100 excess please".
So they could contact the police after all.
Got my phone, recirved a call to ask if I'd got it, I tell them I have, they ask if that's the matter resolved, I said that it looks like it. Turns out they were asking if my complaint was resolved, by this point I'd had enough of them so didn't bother getting back in contact. Ill be moving my mortgage when the fixed rate is up next month though.

Allant1981
21-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Ive also got phone insurane through BOS and ive claimed a few times and had no issues what so ever