PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fish: Edinburgh Gig at Tynecastle (cancelled)

Jamesie
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/07/02/edinburgh-gig-wednesday-august-7th-away-at-tynecastle/

No doubt this will be a topical gesture from the big man! :greengrin

SteveHFC
02-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Can you get cakes on the night?

Frazerbob
02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm a big Fish fan but think I'll give this gig a miss!

hibs0666
02-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Wonder if the plaice will be soled out? Prawn crackers if any yam misses this one.

Jamesie
02-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Can you get cakes on the night?

No cakes but maybe a few buns! (Fish fans ken what's goan oan :greengrin)

leemel
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
splitter

Frazerbob
02-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Haha very good James! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Will Alex Salmon be there?

adhibs
02-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Even gets in a mcraes battalion mention, what an absolute arse licker. No longer a hibee as far as im concerned

lord bunberry
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I can't understand why he would do such a thing

marinello59
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Even gets in a mcraes battalion mention, what an absolute arse licker. No longer a hibee as far as im concerned

Fish is very much a Hibby . He is of an age where football rivalry does not mean hatred and vitriol has to be the norm and I fully understand that. His mention of the Mcraes thing is respectful and dignified. He won't be the only Hibs fan who would mourn the loss of the Derby fixture. Just because that's not a popular view on here doesn't make him any less of a Hibs fan.
It's a classy gesture from the big guy. I hope it raises very little cash though.:greengrin

adhibs
02-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Fish is very much a Hibby . He is of an age where football rivalry does not mean hatred and vitriol has to be the norm and I fully understand that. His mention of the Mcraes thing is respectful and dignified. He won't be the only Hibs fan who would mourn the loss of the Derby fixture. Just because that's not a popular view on here doesn't make him any less of a Hibs fan.
It's a classy gesture from the big guy. I hope it raises very little cash though.:greengrin

See where you're coming from a bit but id miss the derby yet wouldnt donate a penny to them. If they die their absolute ******** fans deserve it. Cant see why any hibs fan would want to help that lot after the arrogance and delusion weve heard from their fans, and still do

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I wonder if he asked Rod if he could do a fundraiser for Hibs?

stormchild
02-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Gies a bun gies a bun gies a bun.... C'mon big man what you thinking about

Frazerbob
02-07-2013, 07:48 PM
I wonder if he asked Rod if he could do a fundraiser for Hibs?

He's already done a fundraiser for Hibs. A few years ago he brought his Return to Childhood tour, which was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album, to the Hibs Club. All proceeds went towards Hibs youth fund.

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I can't understand why he would do such a thing

You don't surprise me!

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2013, 07:51 PM

:agree: Spot on IMO

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
He's already done a fundraiser for Hibs. A few years ago he brought his Return to Childhood tour, which was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album, to the Hibs Club. All proceeds went towards Hibs youth fund.

I wish I could say thats alright then Frazer, but, I still think this latest gesture is a load of pish on his part.

Frazerbob
02-07-2013, 08:05 PM
I wish I could say thats alright then Frazer, but, I still think this latest gesture is a load of pish on his part.

I think it's nice gesture from somebody who doesn't hate Hearts like I (and I suspect you) do. Fair enough but I hope the night's flop. Also suspect there may be an alternative motive, he's going to get a lot of publicity and he's about to release a new album. Just saying :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 08:18 PM
That had crossed my mind. Just as well the shoes not on the other foot, just imagine Cicero in BTG!

skankomcphee
02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
It's not like he's just doing a charity gig for Hearts - he's done charity gigs for Hibs, Somalia, and the local Masonic Lodge in the past so not a big issue IMHO.

FranckSuzy
02-07-2013, 09:20 PM
One of our famous fans has agreed to play a benefit gig for Hearts next month??

Anyone fancy it??

http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/07/02/edinburgh-gig-wednesday-august-7th-away-at-tynecastle/

IMHO, that is actually quite a good interview. Fish manages to get over various valid points, without falling into the 'bitter hobo' category, but he also points out that they are the architects of their own downfall :agree:

rcarter1
02-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Im glad to hear that an 'emminent' Hibee is willing to offer a gesture to the Yams. Fish has got a good balance between - they deserve what they get/we're fed up with their nonsense and the Ill miss the derby/I know how crap it feels to lose our club.
I wont lose sleep if they wake up in the third division, but would hate to see them wiped from the map.

Waxy
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Fish.Do something for Hibs.

rcarter1
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Fish.Do something for Hibs.

Crackin idea! Would be great to have a concert with the Proclaimers, Fish and others (?). The 'Lets get Leigh back to where he belongs festival.'

Haddington Fish
02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Ok I decided to come up here and post this myself before the roar.

I'm doing a gig for the Jambos to help raise funds to keep them in the game. (pause for chorus of jeering to subside from many)

I'm a Hibby, always have been, always will be. Been through it all seen it all like most of us on here over the years, cried buckets and sang loud. I've been green since around 67. I'm 55. My grandad supported both teams and had 2 season tickets, one for each club. I never, I was , like my dad always on the green. I followed the "Tornadoes" after years of waiting for it to be, I was at Tynie on the great 7-0 and saw many more derbies of joy and of deep grief. I swallowed the 5-1 after years of gloating and nose being ground in the *****. They cheated, I know, for years. Now they pay the price as Tik Tok came and is! They're in danger of disappearing. TBH I don't want that myself.

They lorded over us for years with money they didn't have, were arrogant, loud and brash. Now they are humbled and staring at years of recovery, a vastly diminished team and relegation a near certainty. What do you want? Our neighbours in the city disappearing and left to look forward to derbies against East Fife which with no disrespect to East Fife isn't exactly bragging rights! Those 4 games (+) a season getting wound up tighter and tighter before another explosion ( or not) of nerve shredding adrenalin over 90 ,mins that leaves you in the Royal, singing pissed on a lamppost in Easter Road or mumbling in your 10th pint in your local? I chose to play a gig for them to raise funds.

I, like many of you have Jambo buddies who are all feeling what we felt like in 90. A lot of them were against Mercer and the takeover and said so. There's always a minority who feel the other way and i know I won't be turning some opinions on this forum whatever I type here. It's not going to recompense the small businesses and the staff who lost out through all this Gorgie fallout but if the club survives then maybe the jobs come back and the businesses get something. I don't feel guilty, I'm not gloating, they deserve what they are taking just now. I'd like to think we have more class than to drive it deep and keen and take a more benevolent approach to this mess they are in.

I don't expect any of you to come along. I'm doing this for my own reasons, I won't be taking a season ticket to Tynie and never will. I'm doing it, I just wanted you to know from me direct before the media grabs hold of it

GGTTH

Fish

This is the press release-

" Rock legend Fish is to play a benefit gig for Hearts next month. Although a huge Hibs man, the former front man of Marillion is keen to see the Gorgie club survive so he can continue to enjoy the cut and thrust of the Edinburgh derby. He has agreed to play an acoustic set in the Gorgie Suite on Wednesday, August 7, with all funds raised going towards Heart of Midlothian FC.

"I’ve followed the Hibees through thick and thin, witnessed the ‘Turnbull Tornadoes’ (including the 1973 New Year’s day 7-0 win at Tynecastle) and followed them down divisions, seen cup wins and cup defeats and can’t forget the near demise of our club in 1990 after we ourselves had suffered from years of financial mismanagement," said the lead singer of The Fisheads Club. "At the time I was helpless on tour in Germany and felt the pain of nearly losing the club I’d followed since I was a boy. A lot of my Hearts supporter friends at the time were vocal in their support for saving Hibs and didn’t want to see the club disappear. The situation has now reversed.

"Throughout the years the derbies have raised my blood pressure more than any other game in the fixture calendar, no matter what the league position. I don’t want to lose the local derby!" Now a hugely popular solo artist in his own right, Fish’s latest album "A Feast of Consequences" focus strongly on the Battle of the Somme, his grandfather having fought on the opening day of battle. And he has the utmost respect for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on the opening-day exchanges.

"My grandfather William Dick had season tickets for both Hearts and Hibs and watched the alternate home matches," he added. "I have been reading a lot about him recently after I visited the Somme battlefield in 2011 and walked the fields there. I also laid a poppy at the McCrae’s Battalion memorial in Contalmaison. "My other grandfather William Paterson was on the Somme field that day in the 18th Royal Scots. Both my grandfathers thankfully survived the war. That visit to France inspired me to write five songs on my new album "A Feast of Consequences" about the Somme battlefield in 1916. "It’s a strange coincidence that after recently rediscovering my grandfathers and their history in the Great War and with HMFC’s plight, that I should find myself in a position to help out in a small way. I’m sure my granddads would both approve." Fish appreciates he may receive some criticism from fellow-Hibees for his gesture.

However, he believes it is going to be worth it. "I know there will be a few fellow Hibs fans who disagree with me offering a gig in support of HMFC and who are still sore (as I am) from last year’s cup final defeat which they feel was "bought" and in the long term has resulted in the current situation," he said. "We had to swallow a lot of pride and take a lot of suffering over that defeat but as far as I am concerned the result is now moving into the past and losing your club is a very heavy price to pay, no matter what anyone says. "I’m sure the recovery process will be a struggle and will most probably involve a lot more anguish and pain. As far as I am concerned, that is just punishment. But I don’t want to see Heart of Midlothian disappear, although I want to see a return to a level playing field again! "I think everyone knew that the clock had to tick down and the whistle had to blow on the recent regime but the current reality is a shock to many Hearts fans. I am genuinely sorry for the players and staff who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and who are going to be struggling to find work. "The previous regime should hold their heads in shame at what they have allowed to happen."

The gig will be an acoustic show of songs from his solo career and from the Marillion catalogue and Fish added: "The Fishheads Club is a trio featuring me on vocals, Frank Usher on guitar (no football persuasion) and Foss Paterson, my long-serving keyboard player and a Jambo from Bonnyrigg with whom I have had many tense days on tour while dealing with derbies and who is agreed with me that we would like more in the future! "If you are agreed with me then please come along and support the show and be a small part of keeping Heart of Midlothian Football Club in existence." Ticketing information will be announced as soon as possible."

Mr White
02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Will there be cakes for sale?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Ltyf.

stormchild
Apparently only buns

Speedway
I understand what's you're doing Fish and fair play. Some yams were there for us in '90 without question.

When you weigh up the yams predicament and our signing policy though, the one question I'm left with is...what made you use a drum machine on 'Jack and Jill'?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Amazing said the gruffalo.

The_Horde
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I've never even heard of fish. Surely a big club like hearts can get someone better to attract the 400 000? Maybe they should get in touch with bono?

:greengrin

Haddington Fish
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I understand what's you're doing Fish and fair play. Some yams were there for us in '90 without question.

When you weigh up the yams predicament and our signing policy though, the one question I'm left with is...what made you use a drum machine on 'Jack and Jill'?

Gordon Rae suggested it :-)

Speedway
02-07-2013, 10:24 PM

:greengrin The only time up to that point apart from Lady Nina, right?

The_Horde
02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Ps. Quite optimistic if you think they'll still be there by August 7th. I'm sure cala homes will let you play your gig on their land though..

FranckSuzy
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Fair play to you Derek :aok: I think you're striking the right balance between reminding them that they have brought it ALL on themselves and being the better person. Hibs class :agree:

Capt Mainwaring
02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Fair play Fish - each to their own. I think you've made a decent case why it feels right for you

Coco Bryce
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Please get the Proclaimers as support act.

scuttle
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Fair play to you and well done for coming on here to explain it you dont have to justify yourself to anyone. The only thing I disagree with in your post is are they really humble if they are then they are hiding it well?

monktonharp
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
right then mr Fish, don't bother drinking down ER way again, find solace in Robertsons or the Diggers ya jambo lovin' dog.

Prof. Shaggy
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I hear we're meant to be "seething" about this...

Spike Mandela
02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Pass me the sick bag.:rolleyes:

If you were raising money for the creditors they are shafting maybe but for god's sake man what are you thinking? Desperate stuff.

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Two words, one begins with F, the other with O

​**** h****s

DC_Hibs
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Suggested by Gary Locke perhaps? Heard he wants to be a "recipient" of your next single Fish.

Lockey is a happy chappy just now by all accounts despite being faced with fielding a team of youngsters as he reckons he will soon have the next golden generation on his hands and has been showering them with praise.

Cabbage East
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Thought he was meant to be Hibs? ****** him.

snooky
02-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Ltyf .

^
:faf:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you DD. I agree with what you're doing and the sentiment behind it.
BTW, are they paying you scale? :wink:

c31
02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
All I see is an old rock star still wants to be in the limelight so any publicity is good publicity so they use to say but for **** sake Fish you really need to take a good ****ing look at your self and stop this ****, you ****in turncoat...

jacomo
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
right then mr Fish, don't bother drinking down ER way again, find solace in Robertsons or the Diggers ya jambo lovin' dog.

:hilarious

Fair play Mr Fish. They clearly can't save themselves, so probably need help from a Hibby.

If the crowd make 1-5 signs to you, though, don't say you weren't warned.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-07-2013, 10:45 PM
This is akin to me buying a season ticket for Tynecastle. That's how severe this is, Fish.

That's how severe this is.

stage2
02-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Each to their own I suppose
you gonna wear our home or away top?

KeithTheHibby
02-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Will Ronnie Corbett be warming up the crowd followed by Cicero as support?

matty_f
02-07-2013, 10:47 PM
If it helps, the thought that they needed Hibs' help to survive is something that we can patronise them about for years to come in the unfortunate event of them surviving, so fair play to you, Mr Fish.

Saved by a Hibby,
Oh you were saved by a Hibby
Saved by a hiiiiibby
Etc.

Can we give you requests to play at the gig? :greengrin

hibees 7062
02-07-2013, 10:47 PM

Tell him tae sing tae then :greengrin

easty
02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
All I see is an old rock star still wants to be in the limelight so any publicity is good publicity so they use to say but for **** sake Fish you really need to take a good ****ing look at your self and stop this ****, you ****in turncoat...

more or less sums up my thoughts on this too.

they knew their club was run like **** for years, they were happy to buy into it and sing along, they're happy (delighted even) to rub their success in our face, they deserve to suffer and they're not suffering at all yet. I don't want to see them dead and gone, just on life support for a good while, where all and sundry can **** them and there's nothing they can do about it.

SaulGoodman
02-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Sorry but a Hibs fan tries to help them and all they can say 'H1b5 fans must be seething' and 'still hurting'

They can get to **** for all I care, to start with I wasn't too bothered and felt sorry for them but they just seem to be getting more and more arrogant.

**** the Hearts. Hibs fans should be doing nothing to help those *****

trev the hat
02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Being on tour in 1990 has clouded your judgement big fella :-)
Shall I inform Hibs kicks for kids to expect half the takings ?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
There were some Jambos in the away end at the ER Rally and at the Usher Hall Robbo (who I respect to this day for his actions) spoke out against Mercer. It's a pity for the Jambos folks didn't have the balls Robbo had then to speak out against Vlad before rather took the money and the gagging clause...

Fair do's tho' Fish. I won't be putting my hand in my pocket to save them but am not so sure that at the end of the day extinction is what I want it wasn't a good career move for the dodo - or was that Doddie ;)

Coco Bryce
02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Why don't you make it £15 a ticket.

rcarter1
02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
All good. There may well be peace in our time.. :rockin:

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Sorry but a Hibs fan tries to help them and all they can say 'H1b5 fans must be seething' and 'still hurting'

They can get to **** for all I care, to start with I wasn't too bothered and felt sorry for them but they just seem to be getting more and more arrogant.

**** the Hearts. Hibs fans should be doing nothing to help those *****and everything tae bury them. I'll never understand or agree with a Hibs fan who thinks otherwise, in fact we'll be as far apart as I am with any yam.

**** h****s

Haddington Fish
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Each to their own I suppose
you gonna wear our home or away top?

70's strip, damned if I do, damned if I don't :-)

Emerald
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
My dads a Jambo too and I also much prefer Thin Lizzy :greengrin, although I do have one of your albums. Everyone to their own but I would have only done it for them if they were in some real hardship outwith their control. This is self inflicted arrogance and they will not wait one minute to ram it down our throats when they survive this (not that they've stopped anyway). If they had any kind of humility I may have taken a different view. Transfer embargo, sign Scotland international during it, make him captain and plaster a massive poster on Tynecastle. If thats not GIRUY and we don't care I don't know what is. As I said though, its your call but it wouldn't be me in this case.

silverhibee
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Why would any Hibby want to help these mutants, they have rammed it down our throat for years and even now they are being so smug, 5-1 1902, **** them, and the quicker they die the better for the Capital.

**** the h*****

:yw::yw:

Mr Fish, hope you lose your voice round about the 7th August. :aok:

GGTTH

Haddington Fish
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Being on tour in 1990 has clouded your judgement big fella :-)
Shall I inform Hibs kicks for kids to expect half the takings ?

have done fund raising gigs for Hibs Kids in the past and will do them again :-)

Spike Mandela
02-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Well don't then.:cb

Sir David Gray
02-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Personally I would rather hold a fundraising gig for Hibs, rather than doing anything to aid their recovery but whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Considering that we're hardly flush with cash either at the moment, I would see that as the priority rather than trying to raise money for a club that wouldn't know the meaning of the word 'humility'.

I would gouge my eyes out before I would raise funds to support them.

FranckSuzy
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
have done fund raising gigs for Hibs Kids in the past and will do them again :-)

Did you get my PM? :wink: :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
02-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Sorry mate but I wouldn't plsh on they ***** if they were on fire

Stinkin Hertz munts

Emerald
02-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Sorry mate but I wouldn't plsh on they ****s if they were on fire

Stinkin Hertz munts

Not even one single 'Fish'? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
02-07-2013, 11:05 PM
5-:1: will never EVER beat :0:-:7: or :6:-:2: (unless in yamamathics land) good luck looking at all those mutants with unsightly pink tops on tho :lolyam:

SaulGoodman
02-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Aye and the specky twins are his undercard

Might upset a few H1b5 fans

Fair play to him, but the very little music I've heard of his made my ears bleed.

Cue another dose of hobo seethe on .net! Great stuff.

Who?

Nice wee bitter dig on his shan website.

No thanks. I'll pass on that particular 'event'.

I've really got to laugh at this like.

He basically agrees to a bit publicity for his shan career while using the opportunity to fling another hibs myth at the general public & some Hearts fans think it's great.

Fish - GTF pal.

Hope you realise you're wanting to help these *****.

A long think is needed before deciding to do a gig for them.

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Stinkin Hertz muntswould you like some petrol tae chuck on them?

Haddington Fish
02-07-2013, 11:13 PM

Yep! Old Rock star! Sorry to disappoint but I gave up on Scottish/ Edinburgh record sales keeping me alive a long long time ago and the publicity fix ain't what this is about.

It's the neighbours, the long term neighbours, we couldn't exist without bitching about/ slagging off/ putting down bickering with.
Like an old marriage that thrives on arguments and moaning if they die a part of us would die with them.

I don't "hate" them outside derby build ups and the games. After that it's "next time"! I'd like there to be more next times.

And as far as a "turncoat" goes! Sorry to disappoint you on that as well. I hope we gub them well and truly to the point of torture next season , rub it in good and proper. If they ain't there, we can't do that :-)

GGTTH

stoneyburn hibs
02-07-2013, 11:13 PM

Damned if you do indeed. That club has cheated for years and their fans have happily went along with it. A club that will have cheated the taxpayer out of a lot of money. They don't deserve even a little sympathy.

trev the hat
02-07-2013, 11:15 PM

I don't doubt it & i,m sure the kids appreciate it very much. So matching what goes to PBS is your preferred option ?

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM

I'm doing a gig for the Jambos to help raise funds to keep them in the game. (pause for chorus of jeering to subside from many)If yer looking tae raise funds, this club could still dae with some, if you're looking tae raise funds for that shower of cheating *******s yer nae Hibby that I'd want tae ken.

Speedway
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Personally I find Fish playing ''Feast Of Consequences' to the yams very amusing and high in ironic content.

FranckSuzy
02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't doubt it & i,m sure the kids appreciate it very much. So matching what goes to PBS is your preferred option ?

:greengrin I know of a fund which is about to be launched where children will benefit. In fact, a scheme already exists on this forum :agree: :whistle: :wink:

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Yep! Old Rock star! Sorry to disappoint but I gave up on Scottish/ Edinburgh record sales keeping me alive a long long time ago and the publicity fix ain't what this is about.

It's the neighbours, the long term neighbours, we couldn't exist without bitching about/ slagging off/ putting down bickering with.
Like an old marriage that thrives on arguments and moaning if they die a part of us would die with them.

I don't "hate" them outside derby build ups and the games. After that it's "next time"! I'd like there to be more next times.

And as far as a "turncoat" goes! Sorry to disappoint you on that as well. I hope we gub them well and truly to the point of torture next season , rub it in good and proper. If they ain't there, we can't do that :-)

GGTTH If they ain't there, who gives a ****?

Speedway
02-07-2013, 11:19 PM
If they ain't there, who gives a ****?

Scottish Football Economics? :dunno:

Emerald
02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Scottish Football Economics? :dunno:

Spend what you've not got and cheat everyone else, that is economics? :confused:

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Scottish Football Economics? :dunno:Spend other peoples money? Is that your idea of economics? They're getting what's coming tae them, too bad a lot of other people winnae get what's theirs because it's been flushed doon the pan by these cheating, thieving *****.

Speedway
02-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Spend what you've not got and cheat everyone else, that is economics? :confused:

That's not what I'm thinking.

Yams liquidate and bye bye another portion of tv viewers, sponsorship, league saleability, and ticket sales.

That's got to be factored in to the thinking. No point delighting in teams going bust (any team) if there's reduced interest in the product that's left standing.

silverhibee
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM

GGTTH

Then Happy Days.

**** the h*****

GGTTH

7 Hills
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
A sentimental mercenary, parading a Hollywood conscience. :wink:

BigKev
02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Fish man - what you thinking?

Not only have you left yourself open to abuse on here but they cretins will see this as an opportunity to fire 5-1's and all their other pish at you all night.

Have you thought this through? Ticket sales could be grim and you ostracize yourself from fellow Hibbies.

This is the mob who tried to kill us remember. The ones who said they backed Hibs in their hour of need? Well from memory lucky if 50 were there at Easter Road for the Hands Off Hibs rally.

They deserve no sympathy and certainty no help.

Administration is just a kick in the stanes to them. They're already giving it billy big time believing all is ok.

By all means do a gig but proceeds to that lot? Poor show big felly.

They deserve comeuppance. Liquidation would be the ideal scenario. They tried to kill us - they never succeeded. Let them find out what payback is really about.

Ozyhibby
02-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I've no problem with Fish doing a gig for them in 2013.
If it was 1985, I'd be raging. :-)
Fair play for explaining reasons, not the decision I would have made but each to their own.

frazeHFC
02-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Hope you realise you're wanting to help these *****.

A long think is needed before deciding to do a gig for them.

They really do like overusing the word 'seethe' over there don't they? They think this annoying Hibs fans gives them some sort of 'upper hand' on the current slagging match, despite the fact that this gig is to help save them from extinction? Deluded ****wits.

Stuff them, let the club burn to the ground.

hibees 7062
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
If they ain't there, who gives a ****?

:top marks

Ozyhibby
02-07-2013, 11:36 PM
A benefit gig to help set them up as a newco at Saughton park I could understand better. I might even chick in a pound but not now. Not till they have lost the stadium.

SaulGoodman
02-07-2013, 11:37 PM

Not only have you left yourself open to abuse on here but they cretins will see this as an opportunity to fire 5-1's and all their other pish at you all night.

Have you thought this through? Ticket sales could be grim and you ostracize yourself from fellow Hibbies.

This is the mob who tried to kill us remember. The ones who said they backed Hibs in their hour of need? Well from memory lucky if 50 were there at Easter Road for the Hands Off Hibs rally.

Administration is just a kick in the stanes to them. They're already giving it billy big time believing all is ok.

They deserve comeuppance. Liquidation would be the ideal scenario. They tried to kill us - they never succeeded. Let them find out what payback is really about.

Saorsa
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM

They deserve comeuppance. Liquidation would be the ideal scenario. They tried to kill us - they never succeeded. Let them find out what payback is really about.Nail, Hammer, Heid.

FranckSuzy
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm sure he is more than capable of speaking for himself but I just wanted to say thanks to Fish for saying he'd like to get involved with Kicks for Kids :thumbsup: Hibs class indeed :agree: Watch this space for more details :wink:

Yes Edinburgh Evening News, Hibernian (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853083,00.html) have run a scheme to help local children since 2002 :rolleyes:

silverhibee
02-07-2013, 11:51 PM

stage2
02-07-2013, 11:51 PM
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b503/Goldenacre/disasterarea_zpsc8b1c3f8.jpg

Gonnae use one of these.
You will, however , need toi stuff a right few 50p's in the meter
See if you can get the Shambos Wongadome Roof to land in Fife

hibbypostie
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Fish why not read the "remember when hibs nearly died " thread on jambos bareback and tell us you want to still help them you're a fantastic musician/singer but this is a very silly idea
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/129880-remember-when-hibs-almost-died/

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm a lot happier reading the responses on here than I was on the original thread.

JohnStephens91
03-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Growing up in Tollcross and going to primary school and secondary school surrounded by Yams I all but gave up any hope on their supporters. I am friends with a lot of them, but come derby day or any discussion on Scottish football they lose the plot and go on rants.

Vile creatures lurk over on Kickback, Craigieboy, Kirkwood69, I.J, iantjambo, Jezza, Le Chat and any of the other registered users, all ****ing ****. Then in person you've got *****bags like Alex Salmond, Pishy Breeks Foulkes, Ian Murray 'MP' and Carclownie all backing these mutants and their overspending habits.

I am a fan of Fish and Marillion, but this is a step way too far. I see the reasons posted, but I do not understand them. **** Hearts and **** their supporters. **** Mercer and **** Skacel and **** every single person associated with that rotten maroon mess over on the other side of the city. They made their own bed and were happy enough to sleep in it for a few years, but only know have they realised that it was a bed made full of ***** and scalpels, yet they continue to deny it. **** them.

All they care about is getting one over us and by Fish bending over to help save them then they play on that too. **** helping them. Pull the plug and let that rotten institution decay into a Sunday League team. It's what they ****ing deserve. Arrogant fannies, I wouldn't give them the stink of my next curry *****.

7 Hills
03-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Fish - I've loved you since the Assassing days! Let them wallow in their own pish, and let their own musical "idols" save them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3TC582lvYU

NOLA
03-07-2013, 02:21 AM
The £1 fish guy?

Pete
03-07-2013, 03:22 AM
To be honest, I don't think there are right or wrong ways for hibs fans to feel about the hearts situation. I totally understand guys wanting them dead but there are others, who love hibs just as much, who want them to suffer but would miss the derby should they fold.
I think it's a noble gesture by fish and one that the majority of hearts fans will appreciate. People say a lot of controversial stuff on internet forums because anonymity allows them to do so and unfortunately they are heard because they shout the loudest. Their fans might be arrogant when it comes to our rivalry but the vast majority aren't as nasty and spiteful as these kickback "characters".
It will be 100 odd hearts fans listening to some music and having a bit of banter. It will raise a few grand and will be a win/win situation for hearts and fish. I don't see the problem as it has nothing to do with hibs (a club he had helped a lot more) and how we will progress.
This concert won't make or break them!
Don't get me wrong I want hearts to suffer for their years of overspending and wouldn't give them a penny. However, I wouldn't judge someone who was to help in the way fish has offered to.

As Rod says, it's time to focus on hibs. Let them get on with it I say.

Steve20
03-07-2013, 05:56 AM
What do you want? Our neighbours in the city disappearing and left to look forward to derbies against East Fife which with no disrespect to East Fife isn't exactly bragging rights!

Yes. This is exactly what I want.

Hibrandenburg
03-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Each to their own fish dude but looking at the response on "we'resoobnoxiousback.com", not only will it be a hard gig for you but it also confirms all that is wrong with HoMFC 2013 and why I want them confined to the history books.

I understand your melancholy towards the values of your grandparents but would argue that the club they held in high esteem is long gone and in their place is a ghoulish monster that needs exorcised.

Good luck and GGTTH

Treadstone
03-07-2013, 07:51 AM

GGTTH

Is this not the same bullshot that Sevco came out with ?:confused:

Berwickhibby
03-07-2013, 07:58 AM
I spoke with Fish on Saturday after the Dumbarton friendly and he told me about this upcoming gig and explained his reasons behind it. I can fully understand HIS reasons and respect HIS decision to try and assist the Yams. I personally would not attend such a gig. That said I do agree with his class and sense of trying to help a club many of his fiends and fans support.

However, the big mans loyalty of Hibernian is not open to question, we have travelled (like most on here) all over the country supporting the club and he kept his season ticket running even though he was only getting to 2 or 3 games a season. He has played a benifit gig for the Youth acadamy, played the Usher Hall anniversary night and attended many Berwick and District Hibs Supporters Club events, providing raffle prizes etc where the profit was again shared by the youth Acadamy.

Fish assured me that he will NOT be wearing a Yam top on the night.

GGTTH

Saorsa
03-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Maybe you should have a benefit concert for all the people and businesses that have been and are going tae get bumped out of tens of millions by these tax dodging, thieving cheating ****bags.

Raising money for a club that's already stolen tens of millions of other peoples money, an absolute disgrace as far as I'm concerned.

KeithTheHibby
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM

GGTTH

Everything you say is true big man, I don't want them to die either but they deserve to suffer, they cheated and have to pay the price.
Fair play to you doing this gig, you won't win many fans on here mind you and will be interesting to see the attendance at your gig.

easty
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Maybe you should have a benefit concert for all the people and businesses that have been and are going tae get bumped out of tens of millions by these tax dodging, thieving cheating ****bags.

Raising money for a club that's already stolen tens of millions of other peoples money, an absolute disgrace as far as I'm concerned.

Great point DD.

marinello59
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM

GGTTH
Fair points and ones that many will agree with despite the uproar on here.
One question though. When we had Zibbi in goal did you ever think of asking Fulchester Rovers for a transfer to Hibs?

Coco Bryce
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM

:agree:

Dunderhall
03-07-2013, 09:26 AM

If you change your mind a certain Mr locke will seriously consider it.

Geo_1875
03-07-2013, 09:27 AM
That's not what I'm thinking.

Yams liquidate and bye bye another portion of tv viewers, sponsorship, league saleability, and ticket sales.

That's got to be factored in to the thinking. No point delighting in teams going bust (any team) if there's reduced interest in the product that's left standing.

So basically, we should worry about the saleability of the league to the extent that we pull them out of their own *****?

No way. Let them disappear and allow Scottish football to find its own sustainable level.

jacomo
03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I spoke with Fish on Saturday after the Dumbarton friendly and he told me about this upcoming gig and explained his reasons behind it. I can fully understand HIS reasons and respect HIS decision to try and assist the Yams. I personally would not attend such a gig. That said I do agree with his class and sense of trying to help a club many of his fiends and fans support.

However, the big mans loyalty of Hibernian is not open to question, we have travelled (like most on here) all over the country supporting the club and he kept his season ticket running even though he was only getting to 2 or 3 games a season. He has played a benifit gig for the Youth acadamy, played the Usher Hall anniversary night and attended many Berwick and District Hibs Supporters Club events, providing raffle prizes etc where the profit was again shared by the youth Acadamy.

Fish assured me that he will NOT be wearing a Yam top on the night.

GGTTH

There's a few hysterical responses on here. If any Hibby wants to help the Yams in their hour of need, then let them do what they want.

Wouldn't be my choice, mind you...

Andy74
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM

I'm doing a gig for the Jambos to help raise funds to keep them in the game. (pause for chorus of jeering to subside from many)

I'm a Hibby, always have been, always will be. Been through it all seen it all like most of us on here over the years, cried buckets and sang loud. I've been green since around 67. I'm 55. My grandad supported both teams and had 2 season tickets, one for each club. I never, I was , like my dad always on the green. I followed the "Tornadoes" after years of waiting for it to be, I was at Tynie on the great 7-0 and saw many more derbies of joy and of deep grief. I swallowed the 5-1 after years of gloating and nose being ground in the *****. They cheated, I know, for years. Now they pay the price as Tik Tok came and is! They're in danger of disappearing. TBH I don't want that myself.

They lorded over us for years with money they didn't have, were arrogant, loud and brash. Now they are humbled and staring at years of recovery, a vastly diminished team and relegation a near certainty. What do you want? Our neighbours in the city disappearing and left to look forward to derbies against East Fife which with no disrespect to East Fife isn't exactly bragging rights! Those 4 games (+) a season getting wound up tighter and tighter before another explosion ( or not) of nerve shredding adrenalin over 90 ,mins that leaves you in the Royal, singing pissed on a lamppost in Easter Road or mumbling in your 10th pint in your local? I chose to play a gig for them to raise funds.

I, like many of you have Jambo buddies who are all feeling what we felt like in 90. A lot of them were against Mercer and the takeover and said so. There's always a minority who feel the other way and i know I won't be turning some opinions on this forum whatever I type here. It's not going to recompense the small businesses and the staff who lost out through all this Gorgie fallout but if the club survives then maybe the jobs come back and the businesses get something. I don't feel guilty, I'm not gloating, they deserve what they are taking just now. I'd like to think we have more class than to drive it deep and keen and take a more benevolent approach to this mess they are in.

I don't expect any of you to come along. I'm doing this for my own reasons, I won't be taking a season ticket to Tynie and never will. I'm doing it, I just wanted you to know from me direct before the media grabs hold of it

GGTTH

Fish

This is the press release-

" Rock legend Fish is to play a benefit gig for Hearts next month. Although a huge Hibs man, the former front man of Marillion is keen to see the Gorgie club survive so he can continue to enjoy the cut and thrust of the Edinburgh derby. He has agreed to play an acoustic set in the Gorgie Suite on Wednesday, August 7, with all funds raised going towards Heart of Midlothian FC.

"I’ve followed the Hibees through thick and thin, witnessed the ‘Turnbull Tornadoes’ (including the 1973 New Year’s day 7-0 win at Tynecastle) and followed them down divisions, seen cup wins and cup defeats and can’t forget the near demise of our club in 1990 after we ourselves had suffered from years of financial mismanagement," said the lead singer of The Fisheads Club. "At the time I was helpless on tour in Germany and felt the pain of nearly losing the club I’d followed since I was a boy. A lot of my Hearts supporter friends at the time were vocal in their support for saving Hibs and didn’t want to see the club disappear. The situation has now reversed.

"Throughout the years the derbies have raised my blood pressure more than any other game in the fixture calendar, no matter what the league position. I don’t want to lose the local derby!" Now a hugely popular solo artist in his own right, Fish’s latest album "A Feast of Consequences" focus strongly on the Battle of the Somme, his grandfather having fought on the opening day of battle. And he has the utmost respect for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on the opening-day exchanges.

"My grandfather William Dick had season tickets for both Hearts and Hibs and watched the alternate home matches," he added. "I have been reading a lot about him recently after I visited the Somme battlefield in 2011 and walked the fields there. I also laid a poppy at the McCrae’s Battalion memorial in Contalmaison. "My other grandfather William Paterson was on the Somme field that day in the 18th Royal Scots. Both my grandfathers thankfully survived the war. That visit to France inspired me to write five songs on my new album "A Feast of Consequences" about the Somme battlefield in 1916. "It’s a strange coincidence that after recently rediscovering my grandfathers and their history in the Great War and with HMFC’s plight, that I should find myself in a position to help out in a small way. I’m sure my granddads would both approve." Fish appreciates he may receive some criticism from fellow-Hibees for his gesture.

However, he believes it is going to be worth it. "I know there will be a few fellow Hibs fans who disagree with me offering a gig in support of HMFC and who are still sore (as I am) from last year’s cup final defeat which they feel was "bought" and in the long term has resulted in the current situation," he said. "We had to swallow a lot of pride and take a lot of suffering over that defeat but as far as I am concerned the result is now moving into the past and losing your club is a very heavy price to pay, no matter what anyone says. "I’m sure the recovery process will be a struggle and will most probably involve a lot more anguish and pain. As far as I am concerned, that is just punishment. But I don’t want to see Heart of Midlothian disappear, although I want to see a return to a level playing field again! "I think everyone knew that the clock had to tick down and the whistle had to blow on the recent regime but the current reality is a shock to many Hearts fans. I am genuinely sorry for the players and staff who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and who are going to be struggling to find work. "The previous regime should hold their heads in shame at what they have allowed to happen."

The gig will be an acoustic show of songs from his solo career and from the Marillion catalogue and Fish added: "The Fishheads Club is a trio featuring me on vocals, Frank Usher on guitar (no football persuasion) and Foss Paterson, my long-serving keyboard player and a Jambo from Bonnyrigg with whom I have had many tense days on tour while dealing with derbies and who is agreed with me that we would like more in the future! "If you are agreed with me then please come along and support the show and be a small part of keeping Heart of Midlothian Football Club in existence." Ticketing information will be announced as soon as possible."

The thing is, they aren't humbled, and they don't appear to be feeling or acting like we did in 90 so I'm surprised any Hibby would go out their way to try and help.

Perhaps the cash could go to the local businesses and the likes of Herriot Watt that have been screwed over and will suffer whilst Hearts try and get back to being the Big Team again.

The Green Goblin
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
The thing is, they aren't humbled, and they don't appear to be feeling or acting like we did in 90 so I'm surprised any Hibby would go out their way to try and help.

Perhaps the cash could go to the local businesses and the likes of Herriot Watt that have been screwed over and will suffer whilst Hearts try and get back to being the Big Team again.

Sums up my feelings too. Not a shred of humility in sight, and not a thought for all the millions of other peoples' money which bought them a couple of cups....it's still "5-1", "forever in our shadow". FFS, even the journos and "mps" are publicly saying it was worth it. I agree with the poster who said that the club now is not the one previous generations may have supported: it's a bitter, arrogant shadow of it. I think your gesture to play is one which shows an admirable quality in you, but I think your reasons are (imho) misguided and your help will generally be not appreciated by many of them and scorned by most of them: they still think they are a big team, you see. They are "amazing" because they raised 30k baking cakes, and they are going to magically float out of admin with a new rich owner and sign expensive players and (as Andy said) get back to being the "big team". Nothing has changed. As other posters have said, do a gig for a Hibs charity, or show them up by playing and donating the proceeds to one of the many many groups/people they owe money to, but somehow seem to be so happy to bump without a second thought while they cream themselves silly because they signed Danny Wilson and "won 5-1". A disgrace of a club which doesn't deserve your help.

Liberal Hibby
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
The only positive thing I can see in this is that it gets a mention of 7-0 on the front page of the Hearts website...

Fife-Hibee
03-07-2013, 11:28 AM

Spot on DD , just dont understand why anyone in their right mind would want to help these criminals !!

Hiber-nation
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Pathetic gesture but remember he was always in favour of a merged Edinburgh team.

Phil MaGlass
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Fish wants tae hold a benefit for them, cannae believe it masel,

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hearts-administration-hibby-fish-in-benefit-gig-1-2987038

p.s theres a poll on the right hand side if you wish to take part

greengnome
03-07-2013, 03:36 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hearts-administration-hibby-fish-in-benefit-gig-1-2987038

Be better holding a benefit for his own club I would think...! Just my opinion.

SaulGoodman
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Nothing more than a publicity stunt by Fish IMO.

Unfortunately he'll end up with less fans if he does this gig than he did to start with.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2013, 04:13 PM

Surprised its not been mentioned before!

connerg
03-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Be better holding a benefit for his own club I would think...! Just my opinion.

Exactly, with the proceeds going to the managers fund or youth development. Does Fish have a season ticket at ER? Just a thought like!

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Spot on J. I have to say though, in simple terms and in my view :greengrin what he's doing smacks of him condoning what's gone before and that's exactly why they are in the mess they are in. Nothing to do with tribal rivalry ........... it's all about sporting integrity :wink:

H18sry
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
From Fish:-

"My demeanour today isn't being helped by the flak I am taking from BOTH sides over this planned Hearts Benefit show.The feedback so far on both fan forums isn't inspiring and we can only hope that the Edinburgh Evening News article tonight generates some positivity. I'm no idiot and I knew I was going to take hits but it appears I may have misjudged the animosity between both sets of fans and I am currently acting as a lightning rod. Not a great feeling when a genuine offer is being spun with accusations of betrayal/ gloating/ publicity seeking etc and mixed in with a lot of personal abuse. A big dark cloud hovers over that subject and sucked a lot of my energies away today."

SaulGoodman
03-07-2013, 11:21 PM

"My demeanour today isn't being helped by the flak I am taking from BOTH sides over this planned Hearts Benefit show.The feedback so far on both fan forums isn't inspiring and we can only hope that the Edinburgh Evening News article tonight generates some positivity. I'm no idiot and I knew I was going to take hits but it appears I may have misjudged the animosity between both sets of fans and I am currently acting as a lightning rod. Not a great feeling when a genuine offer is being spun with accusations of betrayal/ gloating/ publicity seeking etc and mixed in with a lot of personal abuse. A big dark cloud hovers over that subject and sucked a lot of my energies away today."

No offence to him and I'm sure he meant well but what exactly did he expect?

Treadstone
04-07-2013, 08:24 AM
No offence to him and I'm sure he meant well but what exactly did he expect?

Publicity.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2013, 10:05 AM

"it appears I may have misjudged the animosity between both sets of fans."

You certainly got that right, it was naivety in the extreme to expect anything else.

SaulGoodman
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Publicity.

Bad publicity?

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Bad publicity?There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

marinello59
04-07-2013, 12:19 PM
You certainly got that right, it was naivety in the extreme to expect anything else.

Maybe he believed that we were better than the Old Firm fans. He made it clear that he expected a hard time from many fans but finding himself subjected to personal abuse from Hibs fans may well have shocked him. Disagreeing with his actions is one thing, attacking him personally is another.
Hearts should always be the target, not a fellow Hibby who wants to carry out a decent act amidst the animosity. I wouldn't lift a finger to help them out but surely we can at least respect the right of other Hibs fans to see things differently.

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Maybe he believed that we were better than the Old Firm fans. He made it clear that he expected a hard time from many fans but finding himself subjected to personal abuse from Hibs fans may well have shocked him. Disagreeing with his actions is one thing, attacking him personally is another.
Hearts should always be the target, not a fellow Hibby who wants to carry out a decent act amidst the animosity. I wouldn't lift a finger to help them out but surely we can at least respect the right of other Hibs fans to see things differently.He'd be better helping the people they've ripped off, that I could understand, surely they are mair deserving? Helping out that shower of ***** who dinnae give a **** about the tens of millions they have stolen from other people (5-1, 1902, big team, it was worth it :blah: )? Nah.

A foolish act, a cheap publicity stunt or baith

Jamesie
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
This gig would have been a sell out. Curious why it's been cancelled.

grunt
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
From Fish FB
I received a call last night from a representative of Heart of Midlothian FC a few hours after the article was published in the Edinburgh Evening News and 24 hours after it was announced on electronic media. This is the resulting agreed statement.

“After discussion with HMFC we have decided to cancel the intended benefit gig for the club on August 7th. Despite our good intentions, it swiftly became very obvious from comments from both sets of fans, that we had underestimated the animosity that exists between the sets of supporters.

“There are a lot of genuine fans out there from both clubs and beyond who understood my gesture and the reasons behind my offer of support but there was also a number of fans who had a more negative and cynical take on the event and who didn't want it to happen.
“With the level of disagreement on both sides and a potential struggle with ticket sales, HMFC and I decided it was wiser to cancel the gig rather than add to the existing animosity.

“As a Scottish football supporter I am saddened by the outcome and embarrassed by some of the bitter animosity on display from vocal minorities on both sides.

“It appears from the announcements from the HMFC administrators that the club will be taking the field in August and I'm glad that fans of Edinburgh football will be seeing derby games this season.

“I'd just like to thank the people at HMFC who were involved in organising the show and for all their efforts which, like mine, were sincere and genuine at all times and also I'd like to thank the fans who saw beyond the bitter rivalry and who wrote in support of the event which sadly is not now happening.”

A Hearts spokesperson said: “The offer from Fish to stage a concert to raise funds for the football club was admirable and well meaning. However, due to a lack of support in the city for the event, it was decided that a cancellation was in the best interests of all concerned.”

I sincerely hope this dramatic turnaround has not caused any of my fans who were thinking about traveling up to Edinburgh any inconvenience or financial loss as that would be a bitter irony given the circumstances.

I wanted to announce this as soon as possible to avoid any further inconveniences and asked Hearts for an agreed statement to be issued now rather than later.

Most of my thoughts are contained within the statement.

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
With the level of disagreement on both sides and a potential struggle with ticket sales

It was only opposed by a vocal minority? Yet it was cancelled because of a lack of support in the city?

And he can stick his genuine fans comment where the sun disnae shine.

marinello59
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
High fives all round for the angry mob on here and Kickback who presented a united front against this evil musician. It was heart warming to see fans of both Edinburgh clubs put their rivalry aside to speak with a single voice against this wicked man.

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2013, 04:21 PM
i feel sorry for the guy i really do, but as some have pointed out, why should hertz get any benefit from extra dosh when they have spent the last few seasons basically cheating...and not paying debts, he should maybe have held a concert to help the employees that have lost their jobs at that horrible football club, maybe lord foulkes of p@shy breeks could offer a few months of expenses to help they former employees...it was that big buffoon that was instrumental in getting cowboy romanov into his Amateur little club in the first place :agree: go on foulkes...do something decent for a change you drunken old oaf

SaulGoodman
04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Bitter animosity?

**** those Hearts ***** :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
05-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I feel nothing for them or anyone who supports them. Fish was only a colaborator in my eyes. Any cash from any hibby to them, in any format other than to watch them play hibs lessens your claim as a hibs supporter. After all the pish they have spouted and the cheating before they deserve EVERYTHING and more of what they are going through.

Fish can piss right off with his genuine fans comments. Genuine fans from both sides would have told him what would happen. Could you imagine craig and charlie reid pulling this stunt? Even if in private they want them to survive they'd never say it.

Hearts should die. The quicker the better and any hibs fan who tries to slow that is only hurting hibs in the long run. Play a gig and give pat the money to get 2 strikers in if it matters that much. Im sure hibs and hibs fans would rally. Not sit on our arse doing nothing for 8 years.

JohnStephens91
05-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Genuine fans? Sorry but I am a genuine fan, what I don't agree with is helping out the mange-ridden ***** over in Gorgie. Sorry Fish, I'm so sorry I don't want to help them out after hearing all of their deluded statements for the past 8 years and for them showing no remorse for anything happening, whether it was bumping office staff out of a job or for lying to secure their place in the top league next season at the expense of Dundee. They even wanted to play the paedophile Craig Thomson again! They are the club with no shame and their reaction to you wanting to help them is worse than the one from us. Can't believe some of the tripe you have come out with Fish, very disappointed.

Why would you be embarrassed of our rivalry? Everyone knows we aren't friends and tubes like Mercer, Romanov, Foulkes, Zaliukas etc have done nothing other than to really fan the flames of our rivalry. I hate them and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

JohnStephens91
05-07-2013, 12:11 AM
I feel nothing for them or anyone who supports them. Fish was only a colaborator in my eyes. Any cash from any hibby to them, in any format other than to watch them play hibs lessens your claim as a hibs supporter. After all the pish they have spouted and the cheating before they deserve EVERYTHING and more of what they are going through.

Fish can piss right off with his genuine fans comments. Genuine fans from both sides would have told him what would happen. Could you imagine craig and charlie reid pulling this stunt? Even if in private they want them to survive they'd never say it.

Hearts should die. The quicker the better and any hibs fan who tries to slow that is only hurting hibs in the long run. Play a gig and give pat the money to get 2 strikers in if it matters that much. Im sure hibs and hibs fans would rally. Not sit on our arse doing nothing for 8 years.

Exactly, even now when Fish offered them a way of raising money for them they told him to bolt and were very abusive towards him. If I was a Yam (and thank **** I am not) then I'd be snapping the hand off of anyone trying to help out the club, not driving them away.

Pete
05-07-2013, 01:16 AM
With the level of disagreement on both sides and a potential struggle with ticket sales

It was only opposed by a vocal minority? Yet it was cancelled because of a lack of support in the city?

And he can stick his genuine fans comment where the sun disnae shine.

Genuine fans? Sorry but I am a genuine fan, what I don't agree with is helping out the mange-ridden ***** over in Gorgie. Sorry Fish, I'm so sorry I don't want to help them out after hearing all of their deluded statements for the past 8 years and for them showing no remorse for anything happening, whether it was bumping office staff out of a job or for lying to secure their place in the top league next season at the expense of Dundee. They even wanted to play the paedophile Craig Thomson again! They are the club with no shame and their reaction to you wanting to help them is worse than the one from us. Can't believe some of the tripe you have come out with Fish, very disappointed.

Why would you be embarrassed of our rivalry? Everyone knows we aren't friends and tubes like Mercer, Romanov, Foulkes, Zaliukas etc have done nothing other than to really fan the flames of our rivalry. I hate them and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I think you are misinterpreting that.

He isn't saying that fans that don't agree with him aren't somehow "genuine". He's only saying that there are genuine fans that do actually agree. He knows the default position is not to agree to this, hence the need to highlight.

Pete
05-07-2013, 02:26 AM
High fives all round for the angry mob on here and Kickback who presented a united front against this evil musician. It was heart warming to see fans of both Edinburgh clubs put their rivalry aside to speak with a single voice against this wicked man.

I feel similar sentiments and it's come to a pretty sad conclusion. I don't believe there was ever the real need to cancel and it's depressing that he felt he had to after basically laying all his cards on the table.

One thing he did do wrong in my opinion was justify himself to his fellow hibbys as he had no real need to do so. The whole of Scottish football thinks the same way as he does (they basically cheated), so it's probably natural for him to come out with these comments amongst fellow fans. However, you can't ignore the impact this type of talk will have on a lot of the hearts support. The truth hurts big time and when it comes from a public figure he will be the last person you want down your manor. Even if the facts regarding their "cheating" are debatable, the fact remains that he disrespected their club. They are a wounded animal just now.

That aside, I still believe this was a genuine offer of help. I totally understand hibs fans not agreeing to this and I'm sure Fish even understood them before making the offer. We've been there before and have survived Mercer almost killing us so there are bound to be boys who will gladly spit on their grave and therefore have dim views on anyone "helping" them. Even if hearts go in and out of liquidation and suffer years of abuse from hibs fans they won't get near the feeling of 20 odd years ago.

It's the internet loudmouth hearts fans who are responsible for this gig failing, which is tragic.
OK, Fish's comments might not have gone down well with all at Tynecastle but there would have been a fair number of hearts fans willing to go because they were fans of Fish/Marillion. No doubt a lot of fans of the musicians would have attended just to hear the music regardless of the cause.

That's all not happening now because the same half a dozen internet mouths on kickback have posted enough vitriol and personal abuse to put the man off. They are defenders of their football club and have principles that won't allow such fund-raising at their club. They don't care for fish, his music and wouldn't have attended the gig anyway but that small band of internet hard men have ensured their "principles" have stopped anyone who would have considered going even getting the chance.
If it was about principles, all they had to do was not attend.
It's simply been an opportunity for the nameless and faceless to go on the offensive and cancelling the gig is giving them all far too much credit. They really aren't that important, and growing up in the west of Edinburgh I can tell you that they are certainly not a true representation of the hearts support and maybe that's another misjudgment fish has made. Before these message boards people wouldn't have had these platforms and the gig would have went ahead.

All this aside, Fish has went up in my estimation. It takes a big man with a big heart to make that offer.

Saorsa
05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I think you are misinterpreting that.

He isn't saying that fans that don't agree with him aren't somehow "genuine". He's only saying that there are genuine fans that do actually agree. He knows the default position is not to agree to this, hence the need to highlight.I dinnae. Why the need tae mention genuine at all then? What are those who disagree? IMO it's suggesting exactly that they are something other than genuine. Fans who agree would have done, IMO it is clearly a dig at those who disagree and he can **** right off.

marinello59
05-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Two words, one begins with F, the other with O

​**** h****s

and everything tae bury them. I'll never understand or agree with a Hibs fan who thinks otherwise, in fact we'll be as far apart as I am with any yam.

**** h****s

If yer looking tae raise funds, this club could still dae with some, if you're looking tae raise funds for that shower of cheating *******s yer nae Hibby that I'd want tae ken.

A few of the comments you made in response to a dignified statement from a fellow Hibs fan.

I dinnae. Why the need tae mention genuine at all then? What are those who disagree? IMO it's suggesting exactly that they are something other than genuine. Fans who agree would have done, IMO it is clearly a dig at those who disagree and he can **** right off.

Given what you and others have thrown at the guy are you not being a bit precious jumping all over the 'Genuine fans' comment? I actually thought his response was restrained. If you are prepared to dish it out surely you should be prepared to accept some back in return?

Part/Time Supporter
05-07-2013, 08:12 AM
A depressing episode all round, really.

Saorsa
05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
A few of the comments you made in response to a dignified statement from a fellow Hibs fan.

Given what you and others have thrown at the guy are you not being a bit precious jumping all over the 'Genuine fans' comment? I actually thought his response was restrained. If you are prepared to dish it out surely you should be prepared to accept some back in return?Did I question whether he was a genuine Hibs fan? Mind you efter reading a post on the MB if it's true saying he was in favour of a merged Edinburgh team, I might. I said he was nae Hibs fan I'd want tae ken, I said I disagree with raising money for that shower of *****.

Who the **** is he tae suggest who or what makes a genuine Hibs fan and who disnae just because they dinnae agree with his ****in' ***** idea. I'm a genuine fan of my club (and it costs me plenty every year), I couldnae give a **** about theirs.

IMO it was met with the response it merited and now it's binned and good riddance.

marinello59
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Did I question whether he was a genuine Hibs fan? Mind you efter reading a post on the MB if it's true saying he was in favour of a merged Edinburgh team, I might. I said he was nae Hibs fan I'd want tae ken, I said I disagree with raising money for that shower of *****.

Who the **** is he tae decide who is a genuine Hibs fan and who isnae just because they dinnae agree with his ****in' ***** idea.

IMO it was met with the response it deserved and now it's binned and good riddance.

Did I say you did?

Saorsa
05-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Did I say you did?No but he did and you suggested it's ok, I suggested otherwise.

Anyway I winnae be going round and round on this with you J. I've got other things tae dae. It's now where it belongs IMO.

marinello59
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
No but he did and you suggested it's ok, I suggested otherwise.

Anyway I winnae be going round and round on this with you J. I've got other things tae dae. It's now where it belongs IMO.
Again you are putting words in my mouth and totally missing or evading the point I was making.

easty
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear this has been cancelled. It was a ***** idea.

If Fish still wants his wee bit of publicity, how about a fund raiser to make money for the bankers who aren't getting big enough bonuses this year. Another well deserving cause.

matty_f
05-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Just read the EEN article, that tool Foulkes can't help himself "Hibs will be in trouble themselves".
F*** off ya clown.

kdhibees1
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Fish has cancelled his gig though!

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibby-fish-pulls-out-of-hearts-gig-over-fan-abuse-1-2990462

Treadstone
05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Just read the EEN article, that tool Foulkes can't help himself "Hibs will be in trouble themselves".
F*** off ya clown.

Think he would have learned after Sevcos attempt to spin this line.

DaveF
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Can't really see how Fish ever thought this was going to fly? Sure, not every single Hibs \ Hearts fan hates each other but given the circumstances surrounding Hearts troubles, he has to be lving in cloud cuckoo land to think any Hibs fan would shell out to give them money when they *****ed millions and millions to lord it over us and others clubs in recent years.

Besides, there are thousands of others who think his music is rank rotten anyway, and he'd have to pay me before I'd go to his gig's.

Has anyone contacted Ronnie Corbett to see if he'll bring his chair to ER and tell some 'funnies' for free?

The Green Goblin
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I think this was always going to be the outcome. As I said in my previous post on here, I think it does Fish credit that he was prepared to make this offer, but again, I still think it was misguided, given the specific reasons behind why Hearts find themselves in this situation. They are definitely not the victims in any way, but they will have left some behind them who were perhaps more deserving of a gesture like this: the staff they had to sack, the very long list of creditors they are openly looking to shaft to maintain their big team status etc. etc. Fish seems to have made saving the derbies his main reason, as far as I can tell from his statements anyway, but there are prices that are too high to pay for doing that, and this was one of them.

Waxy
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Link won't work for me. Fish has cancelled his gig though!
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibby-fish-pulls-out-of-hearts-gig-over-fan-abuse-1-2990462
Great. I can start feeding my fish again. They will be pleased.

Judas Iscariot
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Has Fish ever done anything for the Hibs cause in the last few years?!

Hibbyradge
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Great. I can start feeding my fish again. They will be pleased.

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Nothing more than a publicity stunt by Fish IMO.

Unfortunately he'll end up with less fans if he does this gig than he did to start with.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
How dare Fish try and bridge the divide between sensible people and football fans.

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 12:18 PM

If he wants to still help them then maybe he should just make a donation to them with his own money. :cb

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 12:46 PM
How dare Fish try and bridge the divide between sensible people and football fans.

Things have changed in the Edinburgh Derby since the failed taleover bid by "he's deid", Hibs fans will never forget that and this is when the hatred started and it will never go away as long as the yams are here, FFS they tried to kill us off, and since that time we have seen the mad one take over them and they have lorded it over us for years with there cheating, **** paying bills we will sign players on silly wages instead.

Why the **** would anyone with a connection to Hibs want to help them out, they don't deserve it, simple as that.

If Fish wants to do a gig and help folk then the Sick Kids is a more deserving cause, but maybe he wouldn't get the same kind of publicity for that, wouldn't surprise me if he is about to bring out a new CD sometime soon and he new he would get some publicity from the stunt he has pulled here.

**** the H*****

marinello59
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
If he wants to still help them then maybe he should just make a donation to them with his own money. :cb

I think you have missed my point there as well. However I said previously I understand and respect what he wanted to do but hope it raised nowt.:greengrin
As for using his own money I guess he could have. I wonder if Geldof considered doing that instead of Live Aid.

HibeeMG
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Having read the whole thread, it strikes me that the concert was more than likely cancelled due to Fish growing a conscience.

There have been a few posts that have hit the nail on the head and very few that have actually been abusive.

But to blame Internet 'trolls', as the EEN puts it, is very easy.

Future17
05-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Things have changed in the Edinburgh Derby since the failed taleover bid by "he's deid", Hibs fans will never forget that and this is when the hatred started and it will never go away as long as the yams are here, FFS they tried to kill us off, and since that time we have seen the mad one take over them and they have lorded it over us for years with there cheating, **** paying bills we will sign players on silly wages instead.

Why the **** would anyone with a connection to Hibs want to help them out, they don't deserve it, simple as that.

If Fish wants to do a gig and help folk then the Sick Kids is a more deserving cause, but maybe he wouldn't get the same kind of publicity for that, wouldn't surprise me if he is about to bring out a new CD sometime soon and he new he would get some publicity from the stunt he has pulled here.

**** the H*****

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but there were plenty of Hearts fans at Easter Road for Hands Off Hibs and many more who spoke out against it at the time.

I think the Fish offer was misguided as the Hearts fans have to bear some responsibility for their predicament and take their punishment accordingly. If the administrators can afford to reject offers for the business assets (the players), they don't need charity. However, it's wrong to say that Hearts tried to kill Hibs as it simply isn't true.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:14 PM

**** the H*****

I know the reason behind it SH, I think sometimes people forget that the "They" who tried to kill us off are not actually the same "they" as the jambo supporter in the street who the bitter hatred is often directed at.

Anyway I'll step aside and let the "real Hibs fans" continue with their ongoing and never changing hatred of all things maroon. As a blow in/convert or whatever else I am, I suppose I can never really feel the hatred that others do!( thought it does come close sometimes with their constant baiting) That's not be being smart by the way,just the reality of how it really is I suppose.

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I think you have missed my point there as well. However I said previously I understand and respect what he wanted to do but hope it raised nowt.:greengrin
As for using his oen money I guess he could have. I wonder if Geldof considered doing that instead of Live Aid.

Let us just be happy that they are now getting F all to keep them alive.

Geldof done it for a good cause.

Beefster
05-07-2013, 01:26 PM
High fives all round for the angry mob on here and Kickback who presented a united front against this evil musician.

It's been like a repeat of the 'outrage' at HWU for not throwing Hearts out of Riccarton. The first self-employed plumber or electrician that helps them out with some free repairs is going to be in a whole world of pain.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
If this concert goes on at any time in the future, i can guarantee here and now that i wont download a single Fish or Marillion album from torrent sites every again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2013, 04:01 PM
The first self-employed plumber or electrician that helps them out with some free repairs is going to be in a whole world of pain.

Surely only a self-employed Yam would get involved with such benevolence.

Saorsa
05-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Link won't work for me. Fish has cancelled his gig though!
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibby-fish-pulls-out-of-hearts-gig-over-fan-abuse-1-2990462See auld pishy breeks is slaverin' ***** again.

Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes described the concert’s cancellation as a 
“terrible pity”.
He said: “Fish should be getting thanks from Hibbies because if they don’t have Hearts as a club to play against every year, they’re going to be in trouble themselves.:faf: :faf:

**** off ya pish stained jakey

GIRFUY roaster :jamboclow

A Foundation of Hearts spokesman said: “It is disappointing that this gig won’t take place, but there are a huge number of other events planned and supporters of both clubs have and will continue to back Hearts during this 
difficult time.”Anybody on here (apart from Fish :devil: ) want tae admit their part in this? :dunno: :greengrin

Treadstone
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
See auld pishy breeks is slaverin' ***** again.

:faf: :faf:

**** off ya pish stained jakey roaster :jamboclow

I'd love to be a fly on the wa' when that drunken auld gobsh*** talks to the Lithuanian ambassador. Poor woman, suspect she tells her security detail to release the safety catches on their shooters when the senile auld soak is nearby.:panic:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Anybody on here (apart from Fish :devil: ) want tae admit their part in this? :dunno: :greengrin

Must be all these genuine Hibbie pledges to FoH.

lord bunberry
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but there were plenty of Hearts fans at Easter Road for Hands Off Hibs and many more who spoke out against it at the time.

I think the Fish offer was misguided as the Hearts fans have to bear some responsibility for their predicament and take their punishment accordingly. If the administrators can afford to reject offers for the business assets (the players), they don't need charity. However, it's wrong to say that Hearts tried to kill Hibs as it simply isn't true.

I don't remember there being many jambos at the hands of hibs rally

Saorsa
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't remember there being many jambos at the hands of hibs rallyThere were a handful and nae mair than that, the number seems tae get exaggerated by some folk for whatever reason. I actually worked as a steward :greengrin at the HOH rally and had a fair idea of the number of people entering wearing yam gear and there weren't that many, unless they were hiding that they were yams.

**** h****s

lord bunberry
05-07-2013, 07:51 PM
There were a handful and nae mair than that, the number seems tae get exaggerated by some folk for whatever reason. I actually worked as a steward :greengrin at the HOH rally and had a fair idea of the number of people entering wearing yam gear and there weren't that many, unless they were hiding that they were yams.

**** h****s

That's how I remember it, the rest of them were quite happy for us to disappear,.well the boots on the other foot now and I hope they go tits up and we never hear from them again.

Treadstone
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
There were a handful and nae mair than that, the number seems tae get exaggerated by some folk for whatever reason. I actually worked as a steward :greengrin at the HOH rally and had a fair idea of the number of people entering wearing yam gear and there weren't that many, unless they were hiding that they were yams.

**** h****s

Most of the Yams I knew didn't want it to happen...but only when it looked like we would be saved. Their silence was deafening when it was first mooted.

Roasters.

The Green Goblin
06-07-2013, 12:35 AM

Anybody on here (apart from Fish :devil: ) want tae admit their part in this? :dunno: :greengrin

I'm NOT Spartacus! :greengrin Maybe he's talking about all those generous pledges on the FoH website from the likes of Ivor Bigone and Hugh Jarse and their ilk.

Sergey
06-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe not the correct thread - but I read that Fish has had his benevolent concert at Tynecastle cancelled, seemingly due to comment made by Mr. Murray?

Anyone shed any light on this?

LeighLoyal
07-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Big Fish offered them a benefit concert but they turned up their bitter wee noses, XXXX em now and always. Ungrateful wee scrotes. Bulldozer a comin.

s.a.m
07-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Big Fish offered them a benefit concert but they turned up their bitter wee noses, XXXX em now and always. Ungrateful wee scrotes. Bulldozer a comin.

It's a comin'
It's a comin'
It's a comin' down the road
There's a great big, yellow
bu-il-do-o-zer
comin' down the Gorgie Road.

N.B. Scansion (and poetic impact) may be improved by the addition of sweary words....

Moon unit
10-07-2013, 05:54 PM
What's happening about Fish's sell out gig for them?..maybe Cicero(was that the name of the Jambo popstar?) would help out to make it a massive 'sell- out'!:rolleyes:

H18sry
10-07-2013, 09:33 PM

**** the H*****

cocopops1875
11-07-2013, 03:57 PM
What's happening about Fish's sell out gig for them?..maybe Cicero(was that the name of the Jambo popstar?) would help out to make it a massive 'sell- out'!:rolleyes:

Na they sacked it as Guitar Jambo is getting his "Clients" the Foo Fighters, The Charlatans and Primal Scream to play Fact End Of