PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Morton asked to replace Hearts in SPL

Jack
20-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Well not quite yet but heard from a decent source that Morton have been told they should prepare themselves to take hearts place in the SPL.

HH81
20-06-2013, 08:47 AM
What:confused:

I thought Hearts were debt free and ready to sign some international players for the title march. :greengrin

robinp
20-06-2013, 08:49 AM
What:confused:

I thought Hearts were debt free and ready to sign some international players for the title march. :greengrin

"We owe it to ourselves, #allisbarry"

Purple & Green
20-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Debacle.

They don't have a compliant stadium - how can you expect them to sell season tickets to their fans not knowing what league they will be in, and also where their games will be played.

As I understand it, they will share with St Mirren whilst works are carried out to Cappielowe - if they had won the first division these works would now be taking place to be ready for August.

Utterly ridiculous, and demeaning to our game that the fiasco over the road is impacting on other clubs.

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Feel sorry for Dundee, being thrown into the SPL unprepared and ought to have stayed up as Hearts clearly done all they could to stumble through to the end of season.

gorgie greens
20-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Does that make Hearts go straight to the 3rd division,or the fact they will be a newco,would then be too late to register with the SPFL,mean they won't be playing at all next season,well not in a professional manner,
East of Scotland league ?

Keith_M
20-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I think Morton are better off where they are. They'd have to play all their home games elsewhere and not have enough time to sign SPL level players. They'd be in an even worse position than Dundee were last season.

IMHO, they'd be better off letting Dundee back into the SPL, because they could at least play at home.

Purple & Green
20-06-2013, 08:57 AM
And there's 6 home fixture clashes with Hearts/St Mirren before January. Now some will be fixed with TV, but jeesus.

gorgie greens
20-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Debacle.

They don't have a compliant stadium - how can you expect them to sell season tickets to their fans not knowing what league they will be in, and also where their games will be played.

As I understand it, they will share with St Mirren whilst works are carried out to Cappielowe - if they had won the first division these works would now be taking place to be ready for August.

Utterly ridiculous, and demeaning to our game that the fiasco over the road is impacting on other clubs.

Surely could get special dispensation to allow them to use Cappielowe ,with the understanding that ground works start either straight away or at the end of next season

Purple & Green
20-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I think Morton are better off where they are. They'd have to play all their home games elsewhere and not have enough time to sign SPL level players. They'd be in an even worse position than Dundee were last season.

IMHO, they'd be better off letting Dundee back into the SPL, because they could at least play at home.

I tend to agree, and I think most Morton fans do now - fine if they could have prepared in May, but it's a recipe for disaster now.

I've not checked, but I guess there's as many fixture clashes with Dundee/Dundee United at home if Hearts are replaced. The SPL are hopeless.

Purple & Green
20-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Surely could get special dispensation to allow them to use Cappielowe ,with the understanding that ground works start either straight away or at the end of next season

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but yes that would be a reasonable approach if it comes to pass.

Keith_M
20-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Surely clubs must be able to guarantee that they can complete their fixtures for the up-coming season? I can't see how Hearts/BDO can possibly state this for certain.

IMHO, they should be brought before the SPL now and made to state that they can do so. If not, they should be replaced straight away.

DC_Hibs
20-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Well not quite yet but heard from a decent source that Morton have been told they should prepare themselves to take hearts place in the SPL.

Sounds a lot of nonsense.

Jones28
20-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I'd be very surprised if this was to happen (no disrespect to the OP & his source), particularly after what happened to Dundee last season.

1two
20-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Surely clubs must be able to guarantee that they can complete their fixtures for the up-coming season? I can't see how Hearts/BDO can possibly state this for certain.

IMHO, they should be brought before the SPL now and made to state that they can do so. If not, they should be replaced straight away.

Yes, or at the very least make a deadline for this announcement.

Posh Swanny
20-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Does that make Hearts go straight to the 3rd division,or the fact they will be a newco,would then be too late to register with the SPFL,mean they won't be playing at all next season,well not in a professional manner,
East of Scotland league ?

At least there would be a derby!

Newcastlehibby
20-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Top-flight rules state any club suffering an insolvency event will be stripped of 10 points or a third of their previous season's tally, whichever is the greater. Hearts finished the last campaign in 10th place with 44 points.
Hearts avoided a points deduction and possible relegation in May after the SPL decided the club's financial problems had not breached its rules before the end of the season.
(extract from BBC Sports)

Hence hearts will stay in the SPL and start the season with a 15 points deduction.

NRW_Hibbie
20-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Given the possibility of Hearts' liquidation, this seems a sensible precaution. It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone.

Spike Mandela
20-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Debacle.

At least they have a stadium.:wink:

Baw187
20-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Top-flight rules state any club suffering an insolvency event will be stripped of 10 points or a third of their previous season's tally, whichever is the greater. Hearts finished the last campaign in 10th place with 44 points.
Hearts avoided a points deduction and possible relegation in May after the SPL decided the club's financial problems had not breached its rules before the end of the season.
(extract from BBC Sports)

Hence hearts will stay in the SPL and start the season with a 15 points deduction.

Not if they are liquidated before. That comment assumes BDO can keep them running, which going by initial comments from them seems at jeopardy.

The_Exile
20-06-2013, 10:11 AM
They can't prepare to be in the SPL, say they stick their ST prices up, bring in a couple of SPL level players, then they get told "eh sorry, winnae be happening now, you're still in division 1", boom, another club f*****.

--------
20-06-2013, 10:45 AM
I'd be very surprised if this was to happen (no disrespect to the OP & his source), particularly after what happened to Dundee last season.

It my be that the SPL have tentatively sounded Morton out regarding their readiness to step up in a worst (BEST!) case scenario of Hearts being liquidated before the beginning of next season.

Like, SPL: "If the worst (BEST) comes to the worst (BEST), could you take the spare place in the SPL?" Morton: "Erm, not unless you ditch the rule-book." SPL: "No problem, we do that all the time." (Or, "Rule-book? What rule-book?")

Then the rumour-mill kicks in.

Jones28
20-06-2013, 11:07 AM
It my be that the SPL have tentatively sounded Morton out regarding their readiness to step up in a worst (BEST!) case scenario of Hearts being liquidated before the beginning of next season.

Like, SPL: "If the worst (BEST) comes to the worst (BEST), could you take the spare place in the SPL?" Morton: "Erm, not unless you ditch the rule-book." SPL: "No problem, we do that all the time." (Or, "Rule-book? What rule-book?")

:agree: good point

StevieC
20-06-2013, 11:19 AM

I would be sceptical that they have actually been told to prepare, but it would make sense to "sound out" potential replacements as a back-up plan.

If the Morton directors feel that they wouldn't be in a position to accept an SPL place then the SPFL could always fall back on the UBIG insolvency issue and re-instate Dundee. If I remember correctly they left the insolvency door open after the disciplinary meeting with something like "we have insufficient evidence at present"?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Talk about setting the cat amongst the pigeons - more like a cat with a machine gun ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2013, 11:32 AM
It's a good thing to have in the back pocket and make sure the yams and whoever are wrapped up with them don't try to prolong things to seek any potential advantage by holding the league to Ransom I got a feeling rangers played that game of brinkmanship...

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to invite Rangers instead?

:cb

Treadstone
20-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Alright Sandy K ! Whats yer thinking ?:brokenyam:

Keith_M
20-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Alright Sandy K ! Whats yer thinking ?:brokenyam:

Wow, he's back!

I would have thought he'd never show his face on here again after his previous boo-boo

:not worth

Treadstone
20-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Wow, he's back!

I would have thought he'd never show his face on here again after his precious boo-boo :not worth

Aye noticed on his profile he was here same time yesterday. Roaster.

Just Alf
20-06-2013, 08:17 PM

You must know same peeps I do!

I will add that there's a meeting at Hampden tomorrow and this is an agenda item for a "break out" session whatever that is.

Vault Boy
20-06-2013, 08:26 PM
One long season for them full of derby defeats and humpings from the like of St Mirren, followed by relegation sounds a lot more fun to me.:thumbsup:

PatHead
21-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Not fishing or at the wind up but I heard today from a reliable source that it is up for discussion within the SPL as clubs have severe doubts about Hearts completing the season. They are worried they would lose a gate with having a blank week (no home game or income for 2-3 weeks) and about some clubs gaining an unfair advantage in the event of Hearts collapsing half way through the season. Imagine us with no game on New Year's Day, loss of tickets, corporate etc when we could have a meaningful game against Morton at a time when attendances are usually good. Watch this space.

patlowe
21-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Not fishing or at the wind up but I heard today from a reliable source that it is up for discussion within the SPL as clubs have severe doubts about Hearts completing the season. They are worried they would lose a gate with having a blank week (no home game or income for 2-3 weeks) and about some clubs gaining an unfair advantage in the event of Hearts collapsing half way through the season. Imagine us with no game on New Year's Day, loss of tickets, corporate etc when we could have a meaningful game against Morton at a time when attendances are usually good. Watch this space.

You'd have to say that the SPL would not be doing its job if it wasn't seriously considering Hearts' ability to honour their fixtures given the prognosis from the administrators. This is not looking good for the jambos.

Personally I'm hoping they are allowed to stay in the league.

Gerard
21-06-2013, 05:11 PM
You'd have to say that the SPL would not be doing its job if it wasn't seriously considering Hearts' ability to honour their fixtures given the prognosis from the administrators. This is not looking good for the jambos.

Personally I'm hoping they are allowed to stay in the league.

Hearts are lucky they were not relegated given their administration event being now. They have financial massive problems and could still be liquidated and start in the 3rd division like old Rangers. Their fans enjoyed winning the Scottish Cup and telling us it was 5-1. They now have to eat an s sandwich. Enjoy::devil:

Sergey
23-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Nice 'scoop' with this story, Jack :wink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/10136440/Greenock-Morton-could-be-promoted-to-Scottish-Premier-League-if-Hearts-go-to-the-wall.html

LancsHibs
23-06-2013, 06:09 PM
A good read:thumbsup:

Jack
23-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Nice 'scoop' with this story, Jack :wink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/10136440/Greenock-Morton-could-be-promoted-to-Scottish-Premier-League-if-Hearts-go-to-the-wall.html

Indeed, its good to be first with a story!

ManBearPig
23-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Cam someone explain who or what Sandy K is?

soupy
23-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Cam someone explain who or what Sandy K is?

He's just a yam roaster of the highest order..... Who posted comedy on here last week....