PDA

View Full Version : Cup final dreams

nonshinyfinish
23-05-2013, 07:56 PM
We're all having them.

Now normally, somebody starting a conversation with 'I had SUCH a weird dream last night' will have me feigning a stroke in order to escape. To quote Nigel Blackwell:

"Your weird dreams don’t impress in any way
In dreams, weird things are mundane and everyday
Strange to me would be
Buying a loaf
And coming straight home"

But those anxious cup final dreams are part of the adventure for me, so let's hear them: the weird, the optimistic, the banal, the disastrous.

nonshinyfinish
23-05-2013, 08:00 PM
My first one involved arriving at Hampden absurdly early (quarter past 1), but thinking 'may as well just go in'. To my surprise, the players ran out into the half empty stadium almost immediately, and on checking my ticket I saw that the kick off time wasn't 3, but half 1 instead. I remember feeling a deep and genuine concern for those who were going to miss the game.

Hampden was entirely indoors and massive, and there was a Celtc fan in my seat.

Albanian Hibs
23-05-2013, 08:10 PM
My most recent cup final dream was that we slept in and didnt wake up until 9.30am which resulted in us missing our bus to hampden. I dont know if we made it to hampden or not as I woke up.

hibee_girl
23-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I had one where we won 3-2 but we were playing Dundee for some reason!

Another one where we missed our bus so ended up watching it at home on tv, we won in that one too.

And another where Griffiths scored a screamer like the one against Falkirk but Celtic equalised, then I woke up!

David_D
23-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I had one that we win 3-1. No idea who scored our first but Claros scored the second and mcgivern scored the 3rd after a goal mouth scramble. Here's hoping

Manxhibs
23-05-2013, 10:04 PM
My latest dream involved us winning 1-0 with sparky scoring after 30 seconds and then holding on for 90 odd mins. It was a painful dream but I would certainly take the result!

7 Hills
23-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I had one where we won 3-2 but we were playing Dundee for some reason!

Another one where we missed our bus so ended up watching it at home on tv, we won in that one too.

And another where Griffiths scored a screamer like the one against Falkirk but Celtic equalised, then I woke up!

I had one 2 weeks ago where we won 3-2 as well! :thumbsup: Unfortunately - I was the scorer of the winner, and I'm 44 and 3 stone overweight. :boo hoo:

pacorosssco
23-05-2013, 10:12 PM
After the last few days where I started to get excited Ive moved to a calmness and I think its a good thing.

AJHibby
23-05-2013, 10:18 PM
My latest one was us winning 2-1, Sparky scoring in the 1st minute then Mulgrew equalising just before half time. Then, last kick of the ball, Maybury pops up 25 yards out and hammers it into the top bag. Woke myself up by celebrating so much after that

lyonhibs
23-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I had one where we won 3-1. It was that convincing that my betting slip, newly resident in my pocket, backs it up :greengrin:greengrin

davidw
23-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I had one 2 weeks ago where we won 3-2 as well! :thumbsup: Unfortunately - I was the scorer of the winner, and I'm 44 and 3 stone overweight. :boo hoo:

Perhaps your time has finally come, Shefki!