PDA

View Full Version : This could reduce the crowd dramatically on Sunday

down-the-slope
23-05-2013, 06:16 PM
If it was rigorously enforced :wink:

Part of police message regarding Cup Final

' I would remind people that it is not permissible to drink alcohol on supporters' buses, trains or any form of public transport. It is also an offence in Glasgow to drink alcohol in streets and public places and anyone arriving at the turnstiles drunk will not be allowed entry into the stadium.'

Gatecrasher
23-05-2013, 06:17 PM

' I would remind people that it is not permissible to drink alcohol on supporters' buses, trains or any form of public transport. It is also an offence in Glasgow to drink alcohol in streets and public places and anyone arriving at the turnstiles drunk will not be allowed entry into the stadium.'
isn't that the terms for entry at all games?

Hibercelona
23-05-2013, 06:24 PM
There's being drunk and there's being absolutely plastered.

Perhaps the latter is more acceptable? :cb

Cabbage East
23-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Please note football fans are vermin, all fun hereby banned

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Like a pint before the game right enough but see the erses that were sounding off at half time in the semi and in the later parts of last year's final? Well almost to a man, they were pashed. If it keeps them out then double-good.

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Ah the old chestnut of the definition of drunk :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Like a pint before the game right enough but see the erses that were sounding off at half time in the semi and in the later parts of last year's final? Well almost to a man, they were pashed. If it keeps them out then double-good.

:agree:

marinello59
23-05-2013, 07:02 PM

It's merely a repetition of the standard terms and conditions. We can still all have a decent drink beforehand and then go to the game.

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 07:07 PM

There's a big difference between being 'merry' and being legless. If you're the former and not the latter, I can't imagine there being any problems.

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2013, 07:12 PM
It's simple ,every turnstile has a breathalyser with disposable attachments, your ticket will be scanned and then you will be asked to blow continuously for 10 seconds, those who are over the limit will be refused entry.

StevieInReverse
23-05-2013, 07:30 PM
i understand that people want to drink before the game. even i do, heck i cant wait. but i wouldn't go out my way to get completely and utterly wasted i dont know why anyone would? you would think paying all that money to get there and for the ticket you would wanna appreciate hibs in the final... Unless mcpake is playing though its totally understandable :wink::cb

cad
23-05-2013, 07:31 PM

They will only see what they want to see Scouse you know the script , all the polis must have been wearing shades at that U17`s Sevco Celtic match a few weeks ago ,

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2013, 07:35 PM
They will only see what they want to see Scouse you know the script , all the polis must have been wearing shades at that U17`s Sevco Celtic match a few weeks ago ,

:agree: All the more reason to try and give them nothing to pick on, I will walk in a straight line and not slur my words, that should do the trick :greengrin

GreenCastle
23-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Remember seeing a few buses pulled over on the M8 last year being searched by the police.

I am hoping those fans who turn up hammered for semi finals and finals don't get let in.

If they do I hope they behave and don't fight their own fans or throw their scarf away - national TV again and broadcast to the world - get behind the team and don't ruin it for others! :agree:

Dinkydoo
23-05-2013, 07:43 PM
It's not illegal to drink alcohol on trains.

Scotrail even had little flyers a while ago with details on a new rule that you couldn't drink alcohol on their trains from 9pm to 9am.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2013, 07:49 PM

One clown was sticking the boot into one of the poor rubbish bins (on his way out) when the third went in. Makes you wonder who or what would have been on the end of his boot if he had been watching it from the comfort of his sofa. Couple of pints and maybe a wee vodka is enough for me.

neil7908
23-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Remember seeing a few buses pulled over on the M8 last year being searched by the police.

I am hoping those fans who turn up hammered for semi finals and finals don't get let in.

If they do I hope they behave and don't fight their own fans or throw their scarf away - national TV again and broadcast to the world - get behind the team and don't ruin it for others! :agree:

Absolutely, same rules should apply with alcohol and football as with booze in general - if u can't handle a couple drinks then don't bother. The vast majority of folk having a drink before the game will be fine but in 2/3 trips to Hampden in the last year we've had idiots near us who had clearly had one too many and have not made the 90 mins particularly pleasant.

If your desperate to get smashed to watch a game of football there's a place for that, it's called a pub.

wearethehibs
23-05-2013, 07:51 PM
It's not illegal to drink alcohol on trains.

Scotrail even had little flyers a while ago with details on a new rule that you couldn't drink alcohol on their trains from 9pm to 9am.

Theres a ban on trains between Edinburgh and Glasgow on Sunday though.

Although I dont think it would be to hard to have a we disguised drink.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2013, 07:55 PM
:agree: All the more reason to try and give them nothing to pick on, I will walk in a straight line and not slur my words, that should do the trick :greengrin

Don't overdo it. Nobody in Glasgow walks in the straight line. You'll stand out out like a sore thumb. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 07:57 PM

The police are not doctors how can they tell if we are drunk ;)

Dinkydoo
23-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Theres a ban on trains between Edinburgh and Glasgow on Sunday though.

Although I dont think it would be to hard to have a we disguised drink.

Didn't realise that.

I presume that's because they don't want big groups of fans drinking together (and being rowdy?) on the trains?

A group of four of us were fine drinking on the Dumfries to Glasgow train last year and I think (hope) me and one other will be ok to have a few on the Lockerbie to Glasgow Central train on Sunday - it's a Virgin train so not sure if that makes a difference.

I'll chance it anyway.

pontius pilate
23-05-2013, 08:24 PM
One clown was sticking the boot into one of the poor rubbish bins (on his way out) when the third went in. Makes you wonder who or what would have been on the end of his boot if he had been watching it from the comfort of his sofa. Couple of pints and maybe a wee vodka is enough for me.

I was late for the second half coming back in with my old boy and saw that he decided to then mouth off at the catering staff in the burger vans

pacorosssco
23-05-2013, 11:08 PM

Unbelievable. Our plod put up the welcome to Edinburgh please get trashed don't worry about stewards in away end and deposit your buckfast carry oot anywhere you feel necessary.

Or...

The message is for the Glaswegian imposters coming from all over tomorrow to support the Tic

Jones28
23-05-2013, 11:16 PM
If the guy I had an altercation with at the semi can get in then anyone can, absolutely plastered. On something as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Didn't realise that.

I presume that's because they don't want big groups of fans drinking together (and being rowdy?) on the trains?

A group of four of us were fine drinking on the Dumfries to Glasgow train last year and I think (hope) me and one other will be ok to have a few on the Lockerbie to Glasgow Central train on Sunday - it's a Virgin train so not sure if that makes a difference.

I'll chance it anyway.

You should be fine on a Virgin train.

Dinkydoo
24-05-2013, 06:20 AM
You should be fine on a Virgin train.

Cheers. Usually just head up on the scotrail service from Dumfries to Glasgow for any trips to Hampden but with it being a Sunday I'm forced to depart from elsewhere.

In the spirit of the thread, no, I won't be getting wasted before KO. Don't have time for pub before the game in Glasgow so a little 6 pack on the train will help settle the nerves and get me even more in the mood for a potentially, legendary day out.

Geo_1875
24-05-2013, 07:15 AM
It's simple ,every turnstile has a breathalyser with disposable attachments, your ticket will be scanned and then you will be asked to blow continuously for 10 seconds, those who are over the limit will be refused entry.

So then you don't get in if you are drunk or suffering from emphysema.

Bill Milne
24-05-2013, 07:40 AM
This is Weegie policespeak for "Celtic fans can do what they want, we will only hammer these Edinburgh *******s!!". The same happened in 1979 when all Hibs buses were stopped while Hun buses sailed past with the morons therein waving their bevy to all and sundry.

wearethehibs
24-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I think the NWA (think thats their name) could sum up my feelings on this thread :)

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Nobody on the Hibs.net buses will be pissed, the mobile bar i am setting up on bus 3 will be limiting each person to 2 drinks max.

proud_and_green
24-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Like others, I quite like a pint or two before a game, but I really don't see the point in getting plastered - I want to see the game and I cant do that if i'm out of my face!

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2013, 08:31 AM
So then you don't get in if you are drunk or suffering from emphysema.

No just if you are drunk, emphsyema sufferers are still welcome. :wink:

Keith_M
24-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Apparently, the police will be using the same breathalyzers as the traffic cops on Sunday at each turnstyle.

If you aren't over the limit, you don't get in!

silverhibee
24-05-2013, 10:11 AM

What will be the limit.?

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2013, 10:17 AM
What will be the limit.?

It wont affect a hardened drinker like you so no need to worry. :greengrin

silverhibee
24-05-2013, 10:25 AM
It wont affect a hardened drinker like you so no need to worry. :greengrin

I will float in to Hampden on Sunday. :greengrin