PDA

View Full Version : Alan Sneddon Testimonial- Kenny Dalglish

pacorosssco
21-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Any images out there of KD in Hibs strip from above game?

Thanks in advance

Bobo
21-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Any images out there of KD in Hibs strip from above game?

Thanks in advance

There you go.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2013, 04:43 PM
There you go.

Excellent, when was the testimonial, think I was there, but can't remember when

pacorosssco
21-05-2013, 04:47 PM
There you go.

good man thanks

pacorosssco
21-05-2013, 04:49 PM

think just before or after skol cup win?

Hibby cal
21-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Back when hearts won sc against rangers my last fare that night(taxi driver) was robbo and wife plus Neil pointon and wife. I slagged him all the way up the road and told him how much I hated him. He invited me in to his house.. He had a double garage with pool table in it ,and on the walls was his memorabilia.his favourite piece he said was a framed top that Kenny dalgleish wore at allan sneddons testimonial. Make of that what you will.can anyone back this up if they know him
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

pacorosssco
21-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Back when hearts won sc against rangers my last fare that night(taxi driver) was robbo and wife plus Neil pointon and wife. I slagged him all the way up the road and told him how much I hated him. He invited me in to his house.. He had a double garage with pool table in it ,and on the walls was his memorabilia.his favourite piece he said was a framed top that Kenny dalgleish wore at allan sneddons testimonial. Make of that what you will.can anyone back this up if they know him
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Was the double garage for his wife(or her secret lovers to park their car):greengrin to get in or his backside?

Could be true though an interesting piece of memrobillia.

Story I have heard is KD drove from Southport played had a fish supper in Easter Road(apparently what he missed most from scotland) and drove home.

YehButNoBut
21-05-2013, 06:24 PM
15 Oct 1991

Hibernian 4, Aston Villa 2

KENNY Dalglish stamped his class on a testimonial match for Hibs defender Alan Sneddon which attracted a crowd of some 6000 to Easter Road last night.

Blackburn's new manager showed he had not lost his touch. Playing at centre of midfield, he laid on two goals for Keith Wright in the first half as the Hibs striker claimed a hat trick within eight minutes.

Dalglish played for 68 minutes before leaving the field to warm applause, to be replaced by Dave Fellinger and receiving a pat on the back from Hibs manager Alex Miller as he left the field.

It was Aston Villa who looked the livelier side in the opening stages with Tony Daley, back from injury, tormenting the Hibs defence. Daley put Villa ahead in seven minutes when he accepted a knock down from Atkinson before placing the ball behind Burridge.

Dalglish then took a grip on things. After 20 minutes he split the Villa defence and Wright responded with the perfect finish by finding the top corner of the net from 16 yards.

Seven minutes later Dalglish robbed Mountfield on the byeline and cut the ball back for Wright to shoot into an empty net from six yards. Within a minute Wright claimed his hat trick when he was rewarded for his perseverance after Spink saved his initial header. The striker shot home the rebound.

Aston Villa made three changes at half-time and one of the newcomers, Steve Froggett pulled a goal back after 60 minutes. Unguarded at the back post, he had time to control the ball before beating Burridge with an angled drive.

It was entertaining stuff and minutes earlier Burridge pulled off a diving save to keep out a downward header from Yorke.

Wright capped a memorable night five minutes later when he beat Spink with a precise header from a Mitchell cross.

HIBERNIAN -- Burridge, Sneddon, Mitchell, Hunter, Orr, Dalglish, Weir, Hamilton, Wright, Evans, McGinlay. Substitutes - Fellinger, Lennon, Tweed, Reid.

ASTON VILLA -- Spink, Cox, Small, Mountfield, Nielson, Richardson, Daley, Yorke, Regis, Atkinson, Mortimer. Substitutes - Cowans, Callaghan, Penrice, Froggett.

Referee - W Crombie (Edinburgh).

Peevemor
21-05-2013, 06:40 PM
4 goals for Keith Wright in a match that Dalglish controlled from the centre circle.

Treadstone
21-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Was the double garage for his wife(or her secret lovers to park their car):greengrin to get in or his backside?

Could be true though an interesting piece of memrobillia.

Story I have heard is KD drove from Southport played had a fish supper in Easter Road(apparently what he missed most from scotland) and drove home.

And a single white pudding, apparently sent a trainee out to get it. :aok:

Barman Stanton
21-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Remember Daley having good banter with the Hibs fans all game. I was in awe seeing Dalglish in a Hibs strip, my hero as a wee boy (before Steve Cowan took his place!).

We had a decent record against the English teams at that time.

Bad Martini
24-05-2013, 04:44 PM
The King playing for Hibs. Couldn't get any better fitba wise. Lifting the cup on Sunday would make me about as happy mind you :D

Saorsa
24-05-2013, 05:40 PM

think just before or after skol cup win?

http://i42.tinypic.com/9a3iwp.jpg