PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-05-2013, 04:43 PM
@STVkeith: Leigh Griffiths calls on Wolves to strike a deal to sell him to Hibs. See the 28-goal forward's interview on STV News at Six tonight.

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 04:45 PM
He's just been on SSN saying he wants to stay. He's certainly doing his best to force the move. :not worth

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Here's hoping they listen. :aok:

There's no benefit to Wolves holding onto a player who wouldn't be happy there.

FromTheCapital
20-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Here's hoping they listen. :aok:

There's no benefit to Wolves holding onto a player who wouldn't be happy there.
This.

Leigh clearly wants to stay at Hibs and despite scoring lots of goals, I can't see the Wolves fans being too happy with some of his recent comments.

Fingers crossed that Wolves and Hibs make this happen and that it's not just a loan deal.

:thumbsup:

hibee_girl
20-05-2013, 05:07 PM
He's trying everything he can apparently

http://bit.ly/19VMAXS

Pretty Boy
20-05-2013, 05:09 PM
PF certainly has players wanting to play for him, Claros in the paper earlier and now Leigh.

Would love it if those 2 stay.

brydekirk
20-05-2013, 05:09 PM
You cant get more commited than that.

hibee_girl
20-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Coming up on STV in a minute

down-the-slope
20-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Mrs DTS asked that if he stayed would that mean he would keep his 'bits' in his trousers.....:eek:

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Mrs DTS asked that if he stayed would that mean he would keep his 'bits' in his trousers.....:eek:

I'd be installing those hidden house cameras for when you're at work. :greengrin

Nice to see Reagan spouting the same old *****. :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
20-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Short of saying "Wolves is a ******g dump full of 4 fingered, one eyed mutants and I never want to even look at again on a map", his reaction when asked how he would feel if they played him next year was pretty unequivocal.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Notice Tom Taiwo saying he had 25 tickets. Not even a ST holder I believe!

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2013, 05:30 PM
i liked wolves for 180 mins in 1970-71, when they beat hertz in the Texaco cup :)

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Part timer. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Farmer/Petrie....make it happen!

givescotlandfreedom
20-05-2013, 05:33 PM
He's trying everything he can apparently

http://bit.ly/19VMAXS

Great news he's trying all he can and loves to play for his boyhood heroes. :flag:

easty
20-05-2013, 05:33 PM

I sold him 2 for £250 each...

Flynn
20-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Really get the impression from that interview that he'd be happy to play for us for the rest of his career. He is a genuine fan and his kids are here. Maybe that means more to him that getting a big bucks contract elsewhere (fingers crossed - hope hope). I reckon the worst case scenario is that he sees out the rest of his contract at Wolves and we get him for free in a year. I'd rather our board got the finger out and sign him in time for for next season though.

Hibs7
20-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Nothing on BBC ... They really are a bunch of a amateurs up here ... A total waste if licence money !!!

Onceinawhile
20-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Really get the impression from that interview that he'd be happy to play for us for the rest of his career. He is a genuine fan and his kids are here. Maybe that means more to him that getting a big bucks contract elsewhere (fingers crossed - hope hope). I reckon the worst case scenario is that he sees out the rest of his contract at Wolves and we get him for free in a year. I'd rather our board got the finger out and sign him in time for for next season though.

Not convinced that it would be for the rest of his career but certainly a good while yet. Someone said we broke the bank for Mcpake, if that's true get the construction lot in so we can break it again for Leigh.

greengnome
20-05-2013, 06:07 PM

Listening to him, I believe that he truly enjoys being at Hibs, he is a Hibby fan, and knows that he is well appreciated by the fans.
Surely Rod must look at the investment in Leigh as money in the bank at a later date, when he is ready to move on.
He has (Single handedly on a few occasions), saved our ar"%s in games..... We have a gem here, we all know it.... C'mon Rod, you know it makes sense!!!

If all else fails... Bang in a couple in the final Leigh, hold aloft the cup, and leave Hibs a legend in your own lifetime. :not worth...:flag:GGTTH

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Listening to this interview you really can't see Leigh playing anywhere else in the near future, worst case scenario is he remains at Wolves for next season, signs a pre contract with us in January and is back the following season.

However, can't really see them keeping a player that does not want to be there, so surely an offer of between 100 to 200k from us will tempt Wolves rather than lose him for nothing at the end of his contract. :thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
20-05-2013, 06:25 PM
He's the player you dreamt that any of the golden generation would've been and some. He wants to stay as much as we want him to. We are truly lucky he was born in Leith.

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Surely a few well chosen tweets after the cup final can encourage Wolves to part company :-)

I'm sure we could think up a few :-)

Leishy1995
20-05-2013, 06:29 PM
#petriesignhimup is now trending on twitter

mmmmhibby
20-05-2013, 06:40 PM
how could we pay his wages? 1000 fans pay £5 per week isnt beyond the realms of possibility.

rcarter1
20-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Two of our best players in "I want to stay at Hibs" shocker!! :party::pray:

Ive been a progress sceptic for most of the season, but with some young guns, and happy noises from Claros and Leigh, Im happy to join the progress gang. We have a much better balance now, and looking forward to Sunday! :flag:

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 07:08 PM
I actually love that man, but for the risk of him taking me up on the offer, I won't say I want his babies :greengrin

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Short of saying "Wolves is a ******g dump full of 4 fingered, one eyed mutants and I never want to even look at again on a map", his reaction when asked how he would feel if they played him next year was pretty unequivocal.

Maybe that is what he should be saying then Wolves will get rid of sharpish. :wink:

Leishy1995
20-05-2013, 08:03 PM
#noSparkynoParty trending in Edinburgh

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Good interview with Sparky just up on BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22604102

MyJo
20-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I actually love that man, but for the risk of him taking me up on the offer, I won't say I want his babies :greengrin

Im afraid Sparky's fertility is so potent just thinking about it is enough..............congratulations on expecting a wee leigh soon!

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Im afraid Sparky's fertility is so potent just thinking about it is enough..............congratulations on expecting a wee leigh soon!

Well with my footballing inability, and Sparky's special talent, I think we might have just created a First Division footballer :thumbsup:

TomoHFC
20-05-2013, 08:41 PM
can he no do a odemwingle and force the move

number9dream
20-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Nothing on BBC ... They really are a bunch of a amateurs up here ... A total waste if licence money !!!

STV news is basically 20 minutes of violent crime and 10 minutes of football, while BBC Scotland TV feels obliged to squeeze in Holyrood politics, fish quotas, Donald trump's wig, wind farms and give air time to diddy sports, like bowls the other night.

Beeb website does have interviews with Hanlon & Griffiths from today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22602844

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22604102

NorthRoadHibee
20-05-2013, 08:58 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hibernian/226129-leigh-griffiths-wants-to-stay-at-hibs-not-return-to-wolves/ :aok:

hibsbollah
20-05-2013, 09:01 PM
He really needs to do another offensive tweet to dissuade any potential buyers :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-05-2013, 10:28 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8725090/Leigh-Griffiths-tells-Wolves-he-would-prefer-at-Hibs

Fergus52
20-05-2013, 11:29 PM
From the BBC article:

"The Midlands club, relegated to League One and without a manager, have taken up the option of a further year on his contract (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22570515) ."I'll be going back down, but I'm doing everything I can to stay," he explains.
"I just need to bide my time. If it happens, it happens - I'll be absolutely delighted."

Come on Petrie, work your magic!

silverhibee
20-05-2013, 11:40 PM
From the BBC article:

"The Midlands club, relegated to League One and without a manager, have taken up the option of a further year on his contract (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22570515) ."I'll be going back down, but I'm doing everything I can to stay," he explains.
"I just need to bide my time. If it happens, it happens - I'll be absolutely delighted."

Come on Petrie, work your magic!

Think if we keep Leigh it will be down to STF, reckon Wolves will want £500k for him with a sell on clause too, Hibs offer him a 3 year deal on £4kp/w, can Hibs afford it. ?

Peevemor
21-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Think if we keep Leigh it will be down to STF, reckon Wolves will want £500k for him with a sell on clause too, Hibs offer him a 3 year deal on £4kp/w, can Hibs afford it. ?

LG and Hibs must already have come to some sort of agreement re wages or else he wouldn't be making all these statements. As for a transfer fee, hopefully the 'tache can work his magic. :cb

Pete
21-05-2013, 01:25 AM
LG and Hibs must already have come to some sort of agreement re wages or else he wouldn't be making all these statements. As for a transfer fee, hopefully the 'tache can work his magic. :cb

I can't see the Wolves fans taking to him at all after those comments. If I was one of them I would be telling the board to get rid of him and be done with it.

This is a prime example of modern day player power. I'm just so happy that we are going to benefit and aren't the club getting the brush-off.

steakbake
21-05-2013, 02:20 AM
how could we pay his wages? 1000 fans pay £5 per week isnt beyond the realms of possibility.

How about a bake sale?

Onion
21-05-2013, 05:30 AM
How about a bake sale?

or maybe set up a bank in Lithuania, lend ourselves some money, claim its really our own money, put the bank into Admin and then say its nothing to do with us. Can't see the SPL swallowing that, but worth a try :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
21-05-2013, 05:42 AM
or maybe set up a bank in Lithuania, lend ourselves some money, claim its really our own money, put the bank into Admin and then say its nothing to do with us. Can't see the SPL swallowing that, but worth a try :wink:

:thumbsup: cracking idea

Can't see any problems with that

rcarter1
21-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Option 1

Pay the 500,000 and sign him up on a ten year deal. In 5 years when we have won the league, a few scottish and league cups, and just after winning the Champions league, sell him for 100 million. Retire from the Scottish league, and take a year out for all season ticket holders (now up to at least 50,000) on a year long all expenses paid exhibition world tour. Become the Leith Globe trotters and chill for eternity.. :rockin::coolhib:

Option 2

Wait to see what happens.. :pray:

edinburghhibee
21-05-2013, 06:15 AM
My opinion on this is that Petrie and sparky already have an agreement in place re wages signing on fee and its just down to hibs and wolves.

You know what oor petries like though he won't be paying a fee for Leigh until the very last minute of the window and only if he really has too.

I just hope nobody comes in and turns Leigh's head with a much better offer before that happens.

YehButNoBut
21-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Interview with Leigh added today on Hibs youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CksLEKjTXg

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2013, 06:21 PM
My opinion on this is that Petrie and sparky already have an agreement in place re wages signing on fee and its just down to hibs and wolves.

You know what oor petries like though he won't be paying a fee for Leigh until the very last minute of the window and only if he really has too.

I just hope nobody comes in and turns Leigh's head with a much better offer before that happens.

Already a done deal so I'm told, Petrie keeping it under wraps until after the cup final apparently :cb

Gerard
21-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Already a done deal so I'm told, Petrie keeping it under wraps until after the cup final apparently :cb

:top marks:top marks

Barman Stanton
21-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Had a look at a Wolves forum and they don't want him either. They think he is a thug and is only playing in Scotland therefore can't be great! Irony lost on them that Fletcher started at Hibs. Fingers crossed we can work out a deal and keep him where he belongs.

NOLA
21-05-2013, 08:09 PM
anyone see sparky on the crabbies bus? :faf:

zosohibee
21-05-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/05/21/wolves-insists-leigh-griffiths-will-return/

Hibs7
21-05-2013, 10:07 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/05/21/wolves-insists-leigh-griffiths-will-return/

Hey Leigh a bit of sound advice .... Tell them you signed up for a team in a more senior division ... Not for a team that was relegated hence your contract extension is questionable due to them being relegated ... If that doesn't work tell them to F *** off !

Heisenberg
21-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Obviously wants more money out of us then...

Vault Boy
21-05-2013, 10:12 PM

Meh, luckily not much to this really.