PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Scooter
20-05-2013, 08:23 AM
In the metro he's quoted as saying he wants to stay and he's had called his parent club to tell them he doesn't want to go back

matty_f
20-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I love Claros. Just putting that out there.

Hibby70
20-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Pat must be doing something right. Players actually wanting to stay at the club, whatever next.

Suppose they do get paid every month.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Claros on a 4 year deal would be a daffy duck moment. :pray:

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 08:30 AM
In the metro he's quoted as saying he wants to stay and he's had called his parent club to tell them he doesn't want to go backWhat a guy:thumbsup:

MB62
20-05-2013, 08:33 AM
In the metro he's quoted as saying he wants to stay and he's had called his parent club to tell them he doesn't want to go back

His club are looking for a transfer fee for him though. So with Wolves playing the same cards, can't see us getting both Jorge and Leigh back for next season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Hopefully the same message applies to Griffiths and McGivern.

hibsbollah
20-05-2013, 08:35 AM

Hands off, i love him too :grr:

J-C
20-05-2013, 08:36 AM
His club are looking for a transfer fee for him though. So with Wolves playing the same cards, can't see us getting both Jorge and Leigh back for next season.

:agree: You have a choice of either Claros or Griffiths, I know who I'd want signed up.

hibsbollah
20-05-2013, 08:37 AM
:agree: You have a choice of either Claros or Griffiths, I know who I'd want signed up.

Do you? A close thing as far as i'm concerned.

Scooter
20-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Agreed

Leighonel
20-05-2013, 08:40 AM

This could turn into the royal rumble-esque scrap because I love him too.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2013, 08:41 AM
A turnaround from this time last year that is quite unbelievable.

Some of us always said he would come good of course. Still waiting on the apologies from those who said I was talking nonsense.

Waxy
20-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Get off.He's my Jorge

J-C
20-05-2013, 08:48 AM

Not from where I'm sitting, Griffiths is a cert for me, nearly 30 goals in a season is a must buy, Claros is good but not pure class.

Thecat23
20-05-2013, 08:54 AM
He will be here next season guys trust me ;)

Oh and just to rub it in, I'm getting a signed top he wore. Na, Na, Na, Na, Na!!!!

jeffers
20-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Oh and just to rub it in, I'm getting a signed top he wore. Na, Na, Na, Na, Na!!!!

Brilliant news. Now if we can keep Sparky, sign someone to play alongside him, a couple of overlapping fullbacks in the Murphy/Whittaker mould... Oh and win the cup on Sunday please.

kentao
20-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Sparky or claros

hibee_girl
20-05-2013, 09:07 AM

Me too. He lives in same street as me, how I've refrained from stalking him I'll never know! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Not from where I'm sitting, Griffiths is a cert for me, nearly 30 goals in a season is a must buy, Claros is good but not pure class.

Was about to post the same, Claros is playing well these days though.

Thecat23
20-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Sparky or claros

Claros mate.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I was one who thought he should have been sent back to his parent club after the final last season, but what a difference he has been since then.

I think he's a superb player, one i'd love to see stay at the club for the rest of his career. I know Griffiths gets all the plaudits for his goals, and if it was a choice of one or the other, Leigh would just shave it for me.

Keeping both would be just superb. :pray:

Hibby Gav
20-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Maybe Sir Rod is planning to surprise us and get us even more fired up for Sunday by announcing a double signing on Friday....

I can dream ! :pray:

EH6 Hibby
20-05-2013, 09:43 AM
I've got a Honduras Flag for the final because I love him more than all of you.

MassHibsteria
20-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Re the Claros/Griffiths debate: it's a bit like choosing between an Audi or a Rolex. They're different beasts, the only common theme being that they're doing a grand job for us in their respective roles. If push came to shove I'd take Griffiths, but only because goals win games and Leigh has them in abundance. Claros is a great wee player, and a thoroughly decent gadgie by all accounts.

Big Frank
20-05-2013, 10:00 AM

:top marks

Me too.

He's a footballer.

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 10:13 AM

This could turn into the royal rumble-esque scrap because I love him too.

Get off.He's my Jorge

Me too. He lives in same street as me, how I've refrained from stalking him I'll never know! :greengrin

I also have a Honduras flag for the final.. does that mean it's me vs. you in a fight to the death for Claros' love? :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
20-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I also have a Honduras flag for the final.. does that mean it's me vs. you in a fight to the death for Claros' love? :greengrin

My flag is bigger than yours. :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 10:29 AM
My flag is bigger than yours. :greengrin

Yeah well my Flag is stronger than your flag :na na:

Sir David Gray
20-05-2013, 10:34 AM
The transformation he has made in the past 12 months is really remarkable.

When he was subbed early in THAT game this time last year, I really didn't expect to see him play for us again, even although he still had 6 months left on his original loan deal. I really thought we would announce over the coming days that he had returned to Honduras and his loan deal had been ended by mutual consent.

He really struggled in the first few months to get up to speed with Scottish football and he looked out of place, even in a team as bad ours last year.

However this year he has been first class and one of the first names on the teamsheet.

If he's available and he doesn't want too much money then his signature has to be a priority for the Hibs board.

EH6 Hibby
20-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Yeah well my Flag is stronger than your flag :na na:

What stand are you in? Maybe we could join flags so Jorge will see us. :greengrin

hibee_girl
20-05-2013, 10:41 AM
The transformation he has made in the past 12 months is really remarkable.

When he was subbed early in THAT game this time last year, I really didn't expect to see him play for us again, even although he still had 6 months left on his original loan deal. I really thought we would announce over the coming days that he had returned to Honduras and his loan deal had been ended by mutual consent.

He really struggled in the first few months to get up to speed with Scottish football and he looked out of place, even in a team as bad ours last year.

However this year he has been first class and one of the first names on the teamsheet.

If he's available and he doesn't want too much money then his signature has to be a priority for the Hibs board.

It didn't help that he couldn't speak English when he arrived plus he didn't have his wife with him.

Now he has his family here and they are settled plus he's learnt English. Really hope he stays!

It was pretty obvious from day one that he was a special player though.

hibby rae
20-05-2013, 10:46 AM
It didn't help that he couldn't speak English when he arrived plus he didn't have his wife with him.

Now he has his family here and they are settled plus he's learnt English. Really hope he stays!

It was pretty obvious from day one that he was a special player though.

Did he not miss the birth of his wee boy as well? No wonder his head wasn't in the game that season. I can happily say I always thought he would come good. Like Robertson next season! Viva Hibs!

LioNeilMessi
20-05-2013, 10:53 AM
I think, with all the hype surrounding Leigh and the young guys more recently, that Jorge's excellent season has gone largely unnoticed. Hopefully that works in our favour and bigger clubs aren't sniffing around him.

It took a few solid performances earlier this season for me to change my mind, but he is an absolute star now :not worth

The MYB have a Honduras flag ready for him should we do it on Sunday :pray:

MyJo
20-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Only 1 year left on his contract with Motagua and desperate to stay in Edinburgh, hopefully something can be worked out to keep him

HibeeSince85
20-05-2013, 11:25 AM

This.

After Sparky he is easily my favourite player.

Hibby70
20-05-2013, 11:31 AM
If he signs I'm getting his face tattooed on my face, a gap put in my teeth and a bullet wound to the heid.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I've got a cracking photo of him and his family draped in a Hibs scarf at the semi final just before I took the photo of him and the wee man. Claros looked genuinly happy and proved to me he loves it here at Hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Said it many a time before, far and away our most important player in my opinion.

patlowe
20-05-2013, 12:16 PM
He's an absolutely class act, not only in his play but in the way he carries himself on and off the park. He is exactly the type of character I like to see at Easter Road - quietly assured and confident in his ability but without the big-time charlie swagger or arrogance that appears to befall many of the players that develop in the UK.

As for his performances on the park - he is what makes us tick. He gives 100%, he's consistent, he can read the game, he can tackle, he can keep it short and tidy, he can play it over the top for a quick counter. If he added goals he'd be just about the complete player. Maybe he's leaving that for next week!

I'd love to think we could keep him - he seems to have developed a love for the city, club and fans and I hope that's enough to persuade him/Petrie to get the deal done.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan!

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 12:20 PM
What stand are you in? Maybe we could join flags so Jorge will see us. :greengrin

I'm not sure actually.. Which ever stand was the cheapest? The east? or west? whichever one we got out of those two. Will PM you when I know 100% :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2013, 12:28 PM
If he signs I'm getting his face tattooed on my face, a gap put in my teeth and a bullet wound to the heid.

:faf::faf: :top marks

LioNeilMessi
20-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure actually.. Which ever stand was the cheapest? The east? or west? whichever one we got out of those two. Will PM you when I know 100% :thumbsup:

PH, we're all in West B6 :aok:

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 12:33 PM
PH, we're all in West B6 :aok:

Glad I finally know :aok:

DH1875
20-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Well I hate to say it but our Honduras flag beats all yours hand down. Got the hibs badge on it an a lovely little message in Spanisn for Jorge. Problem is it's a two man job and I'm sitting on my own :greengrin. Guys sitting next to me better be up for holding it :flag:. Hope the games on Honduran TV. Confuse the heck out of them as no doubt the smellies will have a few in their end too. They'll think their watching an Honduras match.

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2013, 12:59 PM
:agree: You have a choice of either Claros or Griffiths, I know who I'd want signed up.As much as I love Leigh it certainly isn't a simple choice. What Claros does and how easily he seems to do it is probably irreplaceable, players him are rarer for Hibs than goalscorers.

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Said it many a time before, far and away our most important player in my opinion.This, when teams sit on him we lose, simple.

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Well I hate to say it but our Honduras flag beats all yours hand down. Got the hibs badge on it an a lovely little message in Spanisn for Jorge. Problem is it's a two man job and I'm sitting on my own :greengrin. Guys sitting next to me better be up for holding it :flag:. Hope the games on Honduran TV. Confuse the heck out of them as no doubt the smellies will have a few in their end too. They'll think their watching an Honduras match.

In an ideal world we should have all clumped together to just buy one massive Honduras flag, then Claros and Honduran TV would definitely see it :greengrin