PDA

View Full Version : Scott Smith signs for Dumbarton

AustinHibee
15-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Scott Smith has signed a pre contract with Dumbarton.Good luck to the boy.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Scott Smith has signed a pre contract with Dumbarton.Good luck to the boy.

Best of luck Scotty.

Brooster
15-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Good luck Scott. Good player with a good left peg but I think his fate was sealed when he returned for pre season a stone overweight.

oconnors_strip
15-05-2013, 02:56 PM
good luck smithy, he is loving his football at dumarton and i think murray is bringing the best out of him:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
15-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Good luck Scott. Good player with a good left peg but I think his fate was sealed when he returned for pre season a stone overweight.

I can't begin to say how disappointed I am to learn this of Scott. I really thought he had a chance of making it at ER as he is a good player but turning up in that state shows a lack of professionalism IMO.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22544681?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

oconnors_strip
15-05-2013, 03:08 PM

I can't begin to say how disappointed I am to learn this of Scott. I really thought he had a chance of making it at ER as he is a good player but turning up in that state shows a lack of professionalism IMO.

john i wouldnt believe the stone comment, its amazing how things get exaggerated!

brooster can i ask who told you this?

Billy Whizz
15-05-2013, 03:39 PM
john i wouldnt believe the stone comment, its amazing how things get exaggerated!

brooster can i ask who told you this?

I don't know about the stone overweight thing, but I remember he was to play in the 1st pre season game at East Fife, and he was omitted from the pool due to coming back to pre season, not in the best possible shape I heard!

SMAXXA
15-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I posted something like this the other day, Booth will be next I believe.

oconnors_strip
15-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't know about the stone overweight thing, but I remember he was to play in the 1st pre season game at East Fife, and he was omitted from the pool due to coming back to pre season, not in the best possible shape I heard!

yes he wasnt as in good a shape as he should have been but it certainly wasnt a stone. he is fitter now than ive ever seen him!

Leighonel
15-05-2013, 04:07 PM

I hope you are wrong.

Really wanted to see booth get a chance in a settled defence

matty_f
15-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Good player, hope he does well at Dumbarton.

superfurryhibby
15-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I hope you are wrong.

Really wanted to see booth get a chance in a settled defence

If so then it will cost us. Booth had a long contract.

DaveF
15-05-2013, 04:54 PM
If so then it will cost us. Booth had a long contract.

It won't cost us if he wants to go in order to grab a opportunity elsewhere. (assuming the rumour about him 'being next' is correct)

TomoHFC
15-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Good luck to him

basehibby
15-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Good luck to Smith - stay off the pies Scott and you could be back to haunt us some day :wink:

Hope the same ain't true of Booth as he is a player with real talent IMO who has hopefully honed the physical side of his game somewhat over the last year playing in Div1.

scoopyboy
15-05-2013, 05:13 PM
yes he wasnt as in good a shape as he should have been but it certainly wasnt a stone. he is fitter now than ive ever seen him!

That's the whole point though Nikki, he turned up for pre season overweight after he had just signed a 1 year deal. That is not the right way to go about it, a one year deal doesn't give a long time to impress and the first act was an epic fail.

He was going on the pre season tour but was omitted because of his weight.

He may well now be fitter than he's ever been but it's too little too late. He should have turned up for pre season fitter than he's ever been.

The real shame is he's a bloody good player and should still be at Hibs.

BEEJ
15-05-2013, 06:22 PM
good luck smithy, he is loving his football at dumbarton and i think murray is bringing the best out of him:thumbsup:
:agree: I've been a fan of this lad since watching him in the U-19 double winning side. I'm glad that Smithy is remaining under Ian Murray's watchful eye. Hope his career flourishes from here on in. :aok:

I hope you are wrong. Really wanted to see booth get a chance in a settled defence
:no way: If it's a young defender you wanted to see established in the side, then Smith was the better of the two in that regard.

Booth currently under contract at Hibs until June 2015.

DH1875
15-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Are Dumbarton not a part time club?

Stevie Reid
15-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Are Dumbarton not a part time club?

Yes. I was speaking to Ian's Dad last week, and we were talking about Dumbarton. He said that IM only got two 2 hour training sessions with the players every week. Amazing what he's achieved so far.

jdships
15-05-2013, 06:42 PM
That's the whole point though Nikki, he turned up for pre season overweight after he had just signed a 1 year deal. That is not the right way to go about it, a one year deal doesn't give a long time to impress and the first act was an epic fail.

He was going on the pre season tour but was omitted because of his weight.

He may well now be fitter than he's ever been but it's too little too late. He should have turned up for pre season fitter than he's ever been.

The real shame is he's a bloody good player and should still be at Hibs.

I remember watching him in pre season matches a couple of years ago and was really impressed .
However it appears he is one of these unfortunate people who if he doesn't train properly and regularly he has problems keeping his weight down .
I am really disappointed to see him leave and genuinely believe we will see him in the SPL sometime in the future