PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Targets

Pages : [1] 2

Speedway
15-05-2013, 08:20 AM
With the ceremonial opening of the transfer window being mere weeks away, I thought I'd get the .net illuminati opinon of those players linked with us so far and who you'd like to see join us at the theatre of objective judgement.

So far we have:

Liam Craig - St Johnstone
Kris Doolan - Partick Thistle
Ryan O'Leary - Kilmarnock
James Dayton - Kilmarnock
William Gros - Kilmarnock
Kevin Thomson - Free Agent
Leigh Griffiths - Wolves
Jorge Claros - Montagua
Ryan McGivern - Man City
Matt Done - Free Agent
Liam Boyce - Cliftonville
Lee Novak - Huddersfield
Scott Arfield - Free Agent

Who would you welcome?

Fergus52
15-05-2013, 10:43 AM
With the ceremonial opening of the transfer window being mere weeks away, I thought I'd get the .net illuminati opinon of those players linked with us so far and who you'd like to see join us at the theatre of objective judgement.

So far we have:

Liam Craig - St Johnstone
Kris Doolan - Partick Thistle
Ryan O'Leary - Kilmarnock
James Dayton - Kilmarnock
William Gros - Kilmarnock
Kevin Thomson - Free Agent
Leigh Griffiths - Wolves
Jorge Claros - Montagua
Ryan McGivern - Man City
Matt Done - Free Agent
Liam Boyce - Cliftonville
Lee Novak - Huddersfield
Scott Arfield - Free Agent

Who would you welcome?

Have we genuinely been linked with William gros?

Please no.

hibby rae
15-05-2013, 10:49 AM
James Dayton on condition that he grows another spectacular beard.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Only one player in that list that I REALLY want to see at Easter Road next season.

Leigh Griffiths.

Not sure why Liam Craig's been included in that list of transfer targets since he's actually signed for us already.

danhibees1875
15-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Going by the what PF said about youth next season I'd be happy with getting Griffiths, Claros, McGivern & Craig.

While looking to see more of Forster, Harris, Caldwell & Handling. With Stanton and Donaldson coming into the frame also.

:aok:

Oh, and Thomson.

Hibby Gav
15-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Thomson, Griffiths and Claros and I'd be delighted !

GreenOnions
15-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Chris Humphrey
Paul McGowan
Lyle Taylor

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Adam Rooney

Hibee87
15-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Well Liam Craig is a cert :na na:

Leigh,
Jorge,
Thomson would like to see staying,

I dont belive mcgivern wil stay

So a new LB and a new RB priority.

Forster, handling and caldwell on longer deals, if not already done so.

Iguess murdoch as back up keeper

Kris Doolan :wink:

I belive Dayton has signed a new contract at killi so would rule him out.

Not sure about anyone else on the list.

I suspect it will be rather quiet window should we keep leigh, claros and thomson.

A new striker LB and RB and I think that would be it for us

Speedway
15-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Have we genuinely been linked with William gros?

Please no.

You think that's bad, we've been linked with a return for Nish, which I chose not to include.

Aldo
15-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Adam Rooney

Think he's agreed to sign permanently for Swindon. Would be good though.

LG - top target and an absolute must.
Claros - after LG
KT - after JC
McGivern
Williams on an extended contract (only a year left)

Would like a wide player
Another couple of Strikers - Novak/Taylor

How long did Taiwo sign for?? If 2 years I'd like to get him another year extension at least.

I am sure a few will leave. Not looking for numbers but a but if quality. Lose 4 or 5 bring in 1 or 2 players if a better quality.

Think the likes of Harris/Caldwell/handling will be pushing for starts next season so if we get LG Claros KT then we have a spine if a team (add Williams and Hanlon etc)

Big Sexy Dave
15-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Only one player in that list that I REALLY want to see at Easter Road next season.

Leigh Griffiths.

We'll be a bit short on numbers if he gets injured.

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Matt Done aas ballboy

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Matt Done aas ballboy

Along with that other ball boy who got kicked by the Chelsea player!

JMac
15-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Would rather we just kept our current team, barring Matt Done, and perhaps got in one more defender

hibee92
15-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Paddy Madden

Speedway
15-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Well Liam Craig is a cert :na na:

Not sure why Liam Craig's been included in that list of transfer targets since he's actually signed for us already.

Because the question is who would you be excited to see at Hibs?

Craig may or may not be a popular choice.

Franck Stanton
15-05-2013, 02:43 PM
In an ideal world would love to keep Leigh,Jorge and Ryan and sign Paddy McCourt[believe we were close to a deal for him in Jan window], and McManus [no not Tom but the ex Celtic c/half]. Along with the young lads that are on verge of breaking into the team would be more than happy.

leithsansiro
15-05-2013, 03:08 PM
James Dayton on condition that he grows another spectacular beard.

Oh God, yeeeeesssss!

MyJo
15-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Just seen on BBC Gossip page that John Daly has apparently turned down an offer from Hibs to sign for Rangers.

If true it looks like Pat is in the market for a target man to go alongside Leigh next season :greengrin

Aldo
15-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Just seen on BBC Gossip page that John Daly has apparently turned down an offer from Hibs to sign for Rangers.

If true it looks like Pat is in the market for a target man to go alongside Leigh next season :greengrin

Sorry but I would prefer Caldwell playing than him. Knees are shot. Taylor from Falkirk/Higdon or the boy Novak released by Huddersfield please.

frazeHFC
15-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Novak and Griffiths with Caldwell and Handling seems decent to me!

Ps yams been on here obviously, 3 of them.

Pat 0-7
15-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Thomson, Griffiths and Claros and I'd be delighted !

Me too............need another striker though....... :agree:

DH1875
15-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Has Chris Humphrey signed with anyone yet? Imagine a midfield off: Humphrey, Taiwo, Claros, Thomson, Harris :hyper::hyper::hyper:. Add Leigh up front :pray: and we'd be ducking awesome.

nribs
15-05-2013, 06:12 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/128050-fraser-mullen-being-released/#entry3589797 Fraser Mullen released by Hearts good young player.

YehButNoBut
16-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Paddy McCourt available in the summer, wages may be too much for us though.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/paddy-mccourt-to-leave-celtic-after-cup-final-1-2932218

Paddy McCourt looks set to leave Celtic after five years with the club, as his contract expires after the Scottish Cup Final.
The winger’s deal is up at the end of May, and it is thought he will explore his options as a free agent, with speculation ranging from clubs in England, Europe, and even the US.

The 29-year-old has started just three games for Celtic this season, despite being able to count manager Neil Lennon among his admirers.
The Northern Ireland star, nicknamed the ‘Derry Pele’, has only featured for Celtic on 18 occasions this year, and looks unlikely to make the Cup Final squad against Hibs at Hampden this weekend.

McCourt first joined the Hoops in 2008, arriving from Derry City, and quickly became a fan favourite with some superb. But he failed to make the squad (http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/celtic-cut-paddy-mccourt-from-champions-league-squad-1-2776916) for Celtic’s Champions’ League ties against Juventus in February.

With his departure McCourt is thought to be in search of an opportunity to land more regular playing time.

greenlex
16-05-2013, 08:48 AM
A cheeky bid to a cash strapped Killie for Chris Johnston might dothe trick. Him and Harris marauding SPL defences has me salivating.

Ozyhibby
16-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Paddy McCourt available in the summer, wages may be too much for us though.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/paddy-mccourt-to-leave-celtic-after-cup-final-1-2932218

Paddy McCourt looks set to leave Celtic after five years with the club, as his contract expires after the Scottish Cup Final.
The winger’s deal is up at the end of May, and it is thought he will explore his options as a free agent, with speculation ranging from clubs in England, Europe, and even the US.

The 29-year-old has started just three games for Celtic this season, despite being able to count manager Neil Lennon among his admirers.
The Northern Ireland star, nicknamed the ‘Derry Pele’, has only featured for Celtic on 18 occasions this year, and looks unlikely to make the Cup Final squad against Hibs at Hampden this weekend.

McCourt first joined the Hoops in 2008, arriving from Derry City, and quickly became a fan favourite with some superb. But he failed to make the squad (http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/celtic-cut-paddy-mccourt-from-champions-league-squad-1-2776916) for Celtic’s Champions’ League ties against Juventus in February.

With his departure McCourt is thought to be in search of an opportunity to land more regular playing time.

McCourt should have moved two years ago to get playing time. Now he's an untried 29 year old. Not much call for them and I hope we stay well clear.

We still need to improve our defence for next season. 2 full backs and a centre half needed at least.

jonny
16-05-2013, 08:57 AM
A cheeky bid to a cash strapped Killie for Chris Johnston might dothe trick. Him and Harris marauding SPL defences has me salivating.

This.

number9dream
16-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Not enthused by any of the names on that list, other than the guys we already have on loan and Craig, who is on his way.

If McGivern moves on, two new full-backs are essential.
Someone to play wide left in midfield would also be handy, not sure we'd get the best out of Craig in that position (Could Stanton be the answer?).
Can't bring myself to contemplate life without Griffiths...

Aaron Doran (not signed deal on offer at ICT) and Harris switching wings sounds exciting. Think Humphrey will get a club down south and Dayton is nowhere near as tidy a player as Doran.
Iain Vigurs has also had a good season and is left-sided - or we could go after Gregg Wylde again since he hasn't kicked a ball at Bolton.
Lots of decent full-backs out of contract with SPL rivals. Douglas (Dundee Utd), Hateley (Well), Kovacevic and Oikonomou (Ross Co), Easton (Dundee). Also Toshney (on loan at Dundee from Celtic) has looked impressive since bad-ass Bomber switched him to a right wing-back. Danny Wilson could do a job at left-back - or has he been tainted by his period at the PBS?

FifeHibernian
16-05-2013, 10:40 AM
A cheeky bid to a cash strapped Killie for Chris Johnston might dothe trick. Him and Harris marauding SPL defences has me salivating.That would be sooo good.

Big Sexy Dave
18-05-2013, 06:02 PM
James Dayton's tweeted he's left Kilmarnock.

Speedway
20-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Some new rumours to add to the pile.

Deegan to be released

Dayton off back to England

Swanson to sign instead

Thommo not signing

McGivern signing

Claros signing

Deegan's replacement to be 6ft 3in

Billy Whizz
20-05-2013, 09:05 AM

Deegan to be released

Swanson to sign instead

Thommo not signing

McGivern signing

Claros signing

Thought Thommo wanted to be offered a contract?

DaveF
20-05-2013, 09:05 AM

Deegan to be released

Swanson to sign instead

Thommo not signing

McGivern signing

Claros signing

Excellent. No more midgets :agree:

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 09:17 AM
I've said it before (a few times) in the last couple of months, but Stevie May from St Johnstone, on loan at Hamilton last season, would be a perfect fit for us. Especially if we still have Leigh here.

His hold up play is better than most SPL players and in my eyes is a better all round player than Lyle Taylor.

Oh, and he's out of contract as far as I'm aware but would probably require a payment because he came up through St. Johnstone's youth ranks.

Speedway
20-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Thought Thommo wanted to be offered a contract?

Just rumours not facts.

I would imagine that he does want to be offered a contract and has been offered a very nice one...just not by Hibs.

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Just rumours not facts.

I would imagine that he does want to be offered a contract and has been offered a very nice one...just not by Hibs.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at Rangers.

DanHFC1875
20-05-2013, 09:54 AM
The players we already have on the list, on long term deals. Higdon would be a great signing from Motherwell, I believe he is out of contract. Add that to the young guys coming through and another solid defender. I feel that would set us up for a really good season (Euro qual and a cup?!)

Cocaine&Caviar
20-05-2013, 10:29 AM
James Dayton just signed for Oldham, shame, very good player.

hibby rae
20-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Deegan to be released

Dayton off back to EnglandSwanson to sign instead

Thommo not signing

McGivern signing

Claros signing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22595654

Oldham apparently.

hibby rae
20-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Who's the 2.2% that doesn't want to see Sparky at Hibs? Come on, own up!

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Not sure where the Yann Kermorgant rumour came from - but this article suggests he still has a year to go on his contract at Charlton with an option for a further year.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/7933142/Addicks-striker-signs-new-deal

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Higdon would be a good acquisition for us. Motherwell need to cut back further in the close season and I would bet that they won't be able to increase his wages by much.

500miles
20-05-2013, 11:42 AM
George Francomb has been released by Norwich. I thought he was one of the few players you could rely on to put in a good shift, and was exciting going forward from right back when Fenlon first arrived.

DH1875
20-05-2013, 12:34 PM
IMO a LB and 2 strikers are a must before we do anything else.

neilmartinrocks
20-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I've said it before (a few times) in the last couple of months, but Stevie May from St Johnstone, on loan at Hamilton last season, would be a perfect fit for us. Especially if we still have Leigh here.

His hold up play is better than most SPL players and in my eyes is a better all round player than Lyle Taylor.

Oh, and he's out of contract as far as I'm aware but would probably require a payment because he came up through St. Johnstone's youth ranks.

I wuild love tae see him at ER but iiirc he has another 6-7 months with the saints.

he signed a new one year deal when he came back from alloa then went to Accies .

Godsahibby
20-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Not sure where the Yann Kermorgant rumour came from - but this article suggests he still has a year to go on his contract at Charlton with an option for a further year.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/7933142/Addicks-striker-signs-new-deal

The Yann Kermorgant chat just reminded me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

"when the stupid ****** chipped it!" class

jacomo
20-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Doyle going, Kuqi presumably going as well (not that he's been much help), hopefully Caldwell will kick on but it's clear we need more up front.

If Leigh somehow does stay next season I'd welcome Kenny Miller back here. Rumours are he's maybe going back to Rangers, which is disappointing.

neilmartinrocks
20-05-2013, 12:58 PM
The Yann Kermorgant chat just reminded me of this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

"when the stupid ****** chipped it!" class

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

hfc rd
20-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Personally think we need a LB, winger & 2 strikers signed up this summer. Get Claros & Thomson signed up as well and we are shaping up pretty nicely.

Islanderhibee
20-05-2013, 01:18 PM
:wink:
Personally think we need a LB, winger & 2 strikers signed up this summer. Get Claros & Thomson signed up as well and we are shaping up pretty nicely.
:thumbsup::wink: Supposed to be looking at rene Howe ,big striker from Torquay utd.not bad scoring record.big,pacy.striker.out of contract now also.?.:cb:pfgwa

hfc rd
20-05-2013, 01:36 PM
:thumbsup::wink: Supposed to be looking at rene Howe ,big striker from Torquay utd.not bad scoring record.big,pacy.striker.out of contract now also.?.:cb:pfgwa

Never heard of him. But then again the players that you don't know that great deal about can be the ones that surprise you the most.

Speedway
20-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Do you remember that song for Mortiz Volz a few years back?

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Didn't he do a celebrity big brother type thing??

Speedway
20-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Is Kuqi still alive?

Has anyone actually seen him?

Islanderhibee
20-05-2013, 07:38 PM
:wink:.rene Howe.yes he was on living tv program,dating in the dark?.:greengrin.he's 6ft.26yrs old?.scored a few goals this season too?..maybe lyle Taylor of Falkirk will be our target?.:pfgwa

McPake6
21-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Danny Swanson? Coming on loan according to The Bounce :greengrin

number9dream
21-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Doolan has signed new deal at Jags, so cross him off the list...

DH1875
21-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Kovacevic from Ross County is available on a free and would be a great option at full back.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Scrub Lee Novack from the list, just signed for Birmingham.

hfc rd
21-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Scrub Lee Novack from the list, just signed for Birmingham.

Same with Dayton who has signed for Oldham and Doolan has signed a new deal with Partick.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Maybe add Chris McCann to the list? Just left Burnley, 25 year old centre mid 6'1". Made over 230 appearences for them! Maybe an ideal replacement for Deegan as i heard he will be released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCann

bingo70
21-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe add Chris McCann to the list? Just left Burnley, 25 year old centre mid 6'1". Made over 230 appearences for them! Maybe an ideal replacement for Deegan as i heard he will be released.

Is he a target though or is he someone you've just seen has been released and would like us to sign?

weehibee19
21-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Count Lee Novak out aswell he's just signed a three year contract with Birmingham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8726358/Transfer-News-Lee-Novak-leaves-Huddersfield-Town-for-Birmingham-City

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Is he a target though or is he someone you've just seen has been released and would like us to sign?

He may be a target, no one knows. I was just putting gis name out there as i realised he left Burnley today via SSN.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Typical Hibs, missing out on so many of our targets.

New ownership needed, they won't be getting season ticket money from me next year. Raging.

Speedway
21-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Typical Hibs, missing out on so many of our targets.

New ownership needed, they won't be getting season ticket money from me next year. Raging.

Come off it.

Take it easy, the metro has linked us with MLS defender Kenneth Tukki, from the US. He could sell a lot of strips.

hibs4thecup1988
21-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Come off it.

Take it easy, the metro has linked us with MLS defender Kenneth Tukki, from the US. He could sell a lot of strips.

Whoooosh moment I think? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
21-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Whoooosh moment I think? :greengrin

I think the Whoosher just got Whooshed!

Speedway
22-05-2013, 08:20 AM
I think the Whoosher just got Whooshed!

:greengrin

Squealing pig
23-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Clairney to Falkirk? Just seen a jag private reg cairney in Falkirk ?

MrRobot
23-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Sparky, Thomson, McGivern and Claros for a start.

eastmainsmsh
24-05-2013, 01:25 PM
i thought i saw michael gardyne driving out of east mains lol what a fool i am :wink:

but perhaps it might have been Mark Wilson

Hibercelona
24-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Nearly 3% didn't vote for LG? :dizzy:

hugo boss
27-05-2013, 10:07 AM
who do we go for?

Centre Hawf
27-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Paddy McCourt, we need a natural winger with some experience.
Barry Douglas (UTD Left back), if we can't keep McGivern and Pat Fenlon has no interest in Booth.
Ross Draper, 5 league goals from Midfield since signing for Inverness and could provide us with a goal threat.
James Dayton, see McCourt.
Tom Hateley, good young Right back that we desperately need.
Scott Arfield, If Claros goes and i don't particularly want to keep Thomson any way we need to sign someone with the Ability to get forward.

All players contracts were up at the end of this season so i'm not sure how many of them have signed extension's (mainly Hateley, Draper and Douglas.)

I'd like to obviously keep Griffiths Claros and McGivern but we have to really be lining up replacements.

neilmartinrocks
27-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Stevie May from Saints ( on loan at Hamilton )

hugo boss
27-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Barry Douglas (UTD Left back), if we can't keep McGivern and Pat Fenlon has no interest in Booth.
Ross Draper, 5 league goals from Midfield since signing for Inverness and could provide us with a goal threat.
Scott Arfield, If Claros goes and i don't particularly want to keep Thomson any way we need to sign someone with the Ability to get forward.

All players contracts were up at the end of this season so i'm not sure how many of them have signed extension's (mainly Hateley, Draper and Douglas.)

I'd like to obviously keep Griffiths Claros and McGivern but we have to really be lining up replacements. Tom Hateley would be great for right back clancy never fit

dar
27-05-2013, 10:38 AM
James Dayton signed for Oldham

Billychaotic182
27-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Sparky and Higdon. Both are realistic targets as sparky wants to be here and Higdon's contract is up
up

also we need more wide players so McCourt and Gregg Wylde would be on the list

HibbyAndy
27-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Hately RB

Billy Mckay ST

Willow Flood MF

All realistic targets.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2013, 10:42 AM
James Dayton signed for Oldham

Not sure if this was lack of action by the club or a players desire to go back down south, either way... PETRIE!!!:grr::grr:

Gregg Wylde is better any way:greengrin

bingo70
27-05-2013, 10:42 AM
who do we go for?

Attack minded players and a left back that preferably one that can cover at right back if needed, a younger alan maybury for example.

Defensively we have Mcpake, Hanlon, Forster and Clancy that can play in the middle, that's enough for a squad on a budget our side. Midfield we've got Taiwo, Stevenson, Robertson and rumours of Tudor-Jones, that's too many defensive midfielders for our budget and it'll mean Claros, Deegan and Thompson will have to go IMO.

Attack minded players we've only got Harris, Craig, Caldwell and Handling i think. Caldwell and Handling have yet to convince Fenlon he can rely on them IMO so i reckon we will be looking at one or two wingers, that can possibly play through the middle as well and possibly at least two strikers.

number9dream
27-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Hately RB

Billy Mckay ST

Willow Flood MF

All realistic targets.

Hateley may be off to Ibrox, McKay is under contract at ICT (the only player we'd pay a fee for is Griffiths, surely) and Flood is another central midfielder - although he used to play wide (Aberdeen also after the wee chap).

Need another wide player to compliment Harris. I like Doran at ICT and Vigurs at County but he's been strongly linked with Oldham. Two new full-backs also on Pat's shopping list. At least one new striker is absolutely essential, whether we can land LG over the summer or not.

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2013, 11:17 AM

I'd like to obviously keep Griffiths Claros and McGivern but we have to really be lining up replacements.

Douglas is terrible, Im sure every United fan would be happy for him to go. He makes so many mistakes that lead to goals (including a cracker earlier in the season where he basically ran the ball across the 6 yard box for the opposition striker to finish!). His only real attribute is that he has a decent delivery on set pieces, but I dont think thats enough to have such a bad defender in the team.

West hamBERNIAN
27-05-2013, 11:44 AM
St- riordan
st- o'conner

both cheap and good options when fit. They might not be what they used to be but neither is the spl.

Mid- already going to have taiwo craig robertson central and i think probably kt, not sure what the situation is with cairney but hopefully we'll get him fit again because he was quality at first.

Wing- would loved mccourt but i cant see it at all. I think just one winger needed though as getting the younsters through should be a priority.

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Owain Tudor Jones will be signing.

Billychaotic182
27-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Tell us more

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Has a good shot on him but isn't he a central midfielder? Not needed if so IMO.

Diclonius
27-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Another defensive midfielder.

Aldo
27-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Another defensive midfielder.

But we could be losing a few from MF- Claros/KT/Spoony.

Don't know enough about him OTJ to say what kind of player he is??

Diclonius
27-05-2013, 12:45 PM
But we could be losing a few from MF- Claros/KT/Spoony.

Don't know enough about him OTJ to say what kind of player he is??

In that case I'd suggest that his signing is an indication we'll definitely - rather than could - be losing Claros, if not more.

StevieInReverse
27-05-2013, 12:49 PM
St- [B]riordan
st- o'conner[\b]
both cheap and good options when fit. They might not be what they used to be but neither is the spl.

Mid- already going to have taiwo craig robertson central and i think probably kt, not sure what the situation is with cairney but hopefully we'll get him fit again because he was quality at first.

Wing- would loved mccourt but i cant see it at all. I think just one winger needed though as getting the younsters through should be a priority.

Riordan? O'connor?! Jesus. Do people on here get paid to promote them or something?! They are done, finished.. Focus on handling, Caldwell and the other younger players not a washed up traiting rat boy and a fat junkie

27-05-2013, 12:49 PM
St- riordan
st- o'conner

No. After last years disaster final he went up partying on George Street, showing so little respect for the club and fans. Sorry, good player but the guy has got issues that he hasn't grown out of as he's gotten older, made the front pages more than the back and we don't need someone like that in our dressing room. The guys ego is too inflated.

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 12:53 PM
No. After last years disaster final he went up partying on George Street, showing so little respect for the club and fans. Sorry, good player but the guy has got issues that he hasn't grown out of as he's gotten older, made the front pages more than the back and we don't need someone like that in our dressing room. The guys ego is too inflated.

:agree: Caldwell a much better option IMO, absolutely no way for Gary.

Aldo
27-05-2013, 12:56 PM
In that case I'd suggest that his signing is an indication we'll definitely - rather than could - be losing Claros, if not more.

Could well be. If this is the case then PF has been busy and getting his targets in early. RR we need something and PF knows this. 3 strikers minimum if you ask me as well as a winger, I know we have Harris but we need someone else to help him out.

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 01:02 PM
A right back, attacking winger and striker please. (assuming we keep the loan players and KT which is quite a big ask).

Zazu62
27-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Source?

I dont think we need to many new players. Big change from the last 2 years where we have basically needed a new team each transfer window. Remember where we were a year ago with Stephens, O'Hanlon etc ......

Stringer
27-05-2013, 01:17 PM
We need a roaming number 10. Someone who can play behind the striker and link well with Harris on the wing.

Billychaotic182
27-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Stephen McManus in talks too. Or so twitter says

KdyHby
27-05-2013, 01:23 PM

Have heard this too from a reliable "sauce".

bingo70
27-05-2013, 01:25 PM
We need a roaming number 10. Someone who can play behind the striker and link well with Harris on the wing.

Definately, i think if Griffiths leaves then we need a big physical striker as well, we won't replace griffiths with another striker that scores 28 goals in a season so we need to get one that can hold the ball up and bring midfielders into the game to try and get a better spread of goals throughout the team.

bingo70
27-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Twitter doesn't say it, the person who's twitter account it is is saying it, is that person reliable or just a mate that's heard something?

J-C
27-05-2013, 01:30 PM

IIRC Forster also plays at RB, so bringing in an experienced CH would be a good idea.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 02:36 PM
The Mcmanus talk is coming from that Agent Scotland on Twitter, most unreliable source.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 02:47 PM
IIRC Forster also plays at RB, so bringing in an experienced CH would be a good idea.

Forster has looked good at CH in all the games he has played including yesterday - prefer to keep him there.
Getting tired of seeing players played out of position or trying to make them fit into that position.

J-C
27-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Forster has looked good at CH in all the games he has played including yesterday - prefer to keep him there.
Getting tired of seeing players played out of position or trying to make them fit into that position.

I never said to actually move him there but if Fenlon think he wants another CH with experience then Forster has played at RB before, he's a player that can play in 2 positions, all I was meaning was it gives us extra options due to this.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm of the belief we need Experience in all the key areas defence midfield and up front particularly up front.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Im led to believe we are interested in ICT midfielder Owain Tudor Jones, he any good? Are we still in for Lyle Taylor, or is that a no go as Falkirk wanted 300k?

juniorhibbee
27-05-2013, 04:06 PM
All efforts should go in to signing Leigh but if we are made to wait until the last day of the transfer window then hopefully we don't end up with another Kuqi

anon1875
27-05-2013, 04:07 PM

thats cairneys natural position but he was out left most of this year. i trust who ever fenlon brings in will be up to the job, most of his signings have been good considering what he was left with last year.

J-C
27-05-2013, 04:12 PM
thats cairneys natural position but he was out left most of this year. i trust who ever fenlon brings in will be up to the job, most of his signings have been good considering what he was left with last year.

Cairney is a left sided attacking midfielder, so out left or through the middle, he wasn't too shoddy playing out wide first half of the season, with Harris coming into the squad, he'll put pressure on Cairney for that starting wide left position, also Craig will pressure him for the no.10 slot in the team.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Tudor Jones has signed apparently, its just not been announced yet.

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 04:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6qm-xuKeY

My only memory of the guy, but it's a good one. :greengrin

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Probably reading way too much into it, but McGivern said in a post match interview yesterday that 'we'll try go again next year.' I wonder if he's wanting to stick around.

PISTOL1875
27-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I would like to think His were looking at Lyle Taylor. ???

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Thank for that. Do you know anything else regarding transfers?

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Thank for that. Do you know anything else regarding transfers?

Yes, some cost a fee and others dont. :greengrin No matey, thats the only one i have been told about.

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 05:01 PM
That is correct.

patch1875
27-05-2013, 05:06 PM

That would be wunderbar

Heisenberg
27-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Is Toshney not a Celtc player?

HoboHarry
27-05-2013, 05:22 PM
That would be wunderbar
And we get 1000 free swords too.....:greengrin

anon1875
27-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Cairney is a left sided attacking midfielder, so out left or through the middle, he wasn't too shoddy playing out wide first half of the season, with Harris coming into the squad, he'll put pressure on Cairney for that starting wide left position, also Craig will pressure him for the no.10 slot in the team.

he played through the center for thistle

Heisenberg
27-05-2013, 05:24 PM
On loan at Dundee from Celtic but they will not be offering him a new contract.

Cheers! Can't say I've really noticed him, he's a defender eh? What position is his best?

J-C
27-05-2013, 05:26 PM
he played through the center for thistle

I never questioned that, just saying he's an attacking left sided midfielder, similar to Harris and also Craig when he arrives, so plenty competition for him, if he doesn't show his potential soon, he'll be left behind.

dhmf
27-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Would love to see Paul McGowan from St Midden.

J-C
27-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Would love to see Paul McGowan from St Midden.

:agree:

jeffers
27-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Can't say I've heard of Toshney, so googled him. Could only find a Lewis Toshney, take it that's him and Ryan was a typo ? Says he's a centre half ?

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Have heard this too from a reliable "sauce".

Believe he has a crisp shot!...ged'it!(Tudor crisps- one for the older viewers)!.....

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I never said to actually move him there but if Fenlon think he wants another CH with experience then Forster has played at RB before, he's a player that can play in 2 positions, all I was meaning was it gives us extra options due to this.

sorry jc wasnt a dig at you.
We have a few versatile players in the squad - Clancy, Lewis, Handling - would just like to see players signed who play in a certain position and then played in that position in a settled formation.

S4uzee
27-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Would be happy with Tudor Jones but don't really see how Toshney would improve us from what I've seen of him.

Would rather someone else than Taylor aswell as his comment about not really taking much of an interest in football prior to the semi-final was a bit off puting

J-C
27-05-2013, 05:42 PM
sorry jc wasnt a dig at you.
We have a few versatile players in the squad - Clancy, Lewis, Handling - would just like to see players signed who play in a certain position and then played in that position in a settled formation.

I never understood why Fenlon never tried him in the hole behind Griffiths, playing a 4-2-3-1 would've been spot on for the squad we have, plus he's not the quickest I've ever seen.

TAHibby
27-05-2013, 06:01 PM
We're not messing about, great to see!

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Just as a matter of interest surely we must have some money available to buy 3-4 quality players I know we all want to keep sparky and Jorge add in Craig then 1-2 more players if what has been said about tuder-jones is to believed then that only leaves 1 player???
The only reason I'm asking about funds is if we have let kujabi kuqi and whoever else around the peripherals coupled with a higher league finish and the cup final. Surely we should be in a position to strengthen substantially.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 06:25 PM
We'll be 'cutting' from the 'roster'

McPake
Kujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

We're looking for a squad of 25.

So far it's looking like

GK:
Williams
Murdoch
Grant

Def:
Clancy
McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Toshney
Donaldson

Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Craig
OTJ

Att:
Griffiths
Caldwell
Handling

So a defender and a striker to come in on top of the (what I believe to be) accurate reports of OTJ, Craig, McGivern, Claros, Griffiths and Toshney signings.

McManus rumour then becomes a possibility as does Kuqi as striking coach.

HH81
27-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Who ever comes in can we do sort it early this summer? Please.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 06:28 PM
So there could be some room for manoeuvre and bring in some quality players I'd probably leave the midfield for now though or is paddy going for a 4-6-0 next year (joking) concentrate on defence and up front

Billy Whizz
27-05-2013, 06:28 PM

McPake
Kujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

So far it's looking like

GK:
Williams
Murdoch
Grant

Def:
Clancy
McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Toshney
Donaldson

Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Taiwo
Craig
OTJ

Att:
Griffiths
Caldwell
Handling

So a defender and a striker to come in on top of the (what I believe to be) accurate reports of OTJ, Craig, McGivern, Claros, Griffiths and Toshney signings.

McPake and Deegan are under contract I think?

Speedway
27-05-2013, 06:29 PM
McPake and Deegan are under contract I think?

Deegan is out of contract and McPake's injury is very serious.

Heisenberg
27-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Deegan isn't. Mcpake is and the only way I could see him leaving would be if his injuries are judged to be career ending.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Deegan is out of contract and McPake's injury is very serious.

Did Deegan only get a year? Mcpake got 2 with a 3rd year as an option dependent on games. We need to help him, not cut him loose

Speedway
27-05-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19126940

Billy Whizz
27-05-2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19126940

Thanks

Wotherspiniesta
27-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Good to see us sign a tough tackling central midfielder in Deegan. Would definately play him V Hearts. Tell him to half Templeton early doors and let them know who's boss.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Good to see us sign a tough tackling central midfielder in Deegan. Would definately play him V Hearts. Tell him to half Templeton early doors and let them know who's boss.

I just entered a time warp.

Heisenberg
27-05-2013, 06:51 PM
For the first time in ages I actually felt like we werent going to get bullied by Hearts when Deegan made his debut. They didnt like it back :agree:

J-C

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Pretty Boy
Who ever comes in can we do sort it early this summer? Please.

Don't think we have any choice if we want to have a half decent go at getting through the Europa 2nd round.

MSK
27-05-2013, 06:52 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19126940 :wink:

J-C
27-05-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19126940 :wink:

I seen all that, just curious why to post his post at this moment in time.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 07:08 PM

McPake
Kujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

So far it's looking like

GK:
Williams
Murdoch
Grant

Def:
Clancy
McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Toshney
Donaldson

Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Taiwo
Craig
OTJ

Att:
Griffiths
Caldwell
Handling

Apart from Harris - there's not much creativity there

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 07:08 PM
I seen all that, just curious why to post his post at this moment in time.

Somebody asked if Deegan was on a longer contract he was providing the link stating it was a year with a potential extension. More so in the fact Deegan could be released to free up more funds

Vault Boy
27-05-2013, 07:37 PM

I agree that Harris is the most exciting, but Craig, Robertson, Stanton and Handling have some creative qualities and OTJ has a good shot. We could do with another attacking winger mind, doesn't matter which flank as Harris is good on both.

scoopyboy
27-05-2013, 07:45 PM

McPake
Kujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

So far it's looking like

GK:
Williams
Murdoch
Grant

Def:
Clancy
McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Toshney
Donaldson

Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Taiwo
Craig
OTJ

Att:
Griffiths
Caldwell
Handling

McPake, Scott and Cairney are all under contract for next season.

yeezus.
27-05-2013, 07:47 PM
St- riordan
st- o'conner

I really don't want O'Connor back, we need sensible professionals. Bring in Willo Flood :wink:

bingo70
27-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Is Scott still under contract? Wonder if he's now had a year's SPL experience we might bring him back and give him another chance.

Without wanting to re-write history and claim he was something he wasn't I thought he had something to offer, he was obviously raw and needed to channel his energy better but I wonder if he might be ok in a better hibs team, the team he played in before was chaotic.

Brightside
27-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Harris is the number 10 we've been crying out. He's wasted out on the wing all the time. Give him the freedom to really create and Caldwell / Handling will get plenty goals next season. 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Harris is the number 10 we've been crying out. He's wasted out on the wing all the time. Give him the freedom to really create and Caldwell / Handling will get plenty goals next season. 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

He could become a full Scottish international within a couple of years, what do you think? :wink:

number9dream
27-05-2013, 08:02 PM
And KT wisnae gettin' paid...

Toshney is a big unit - Scotland U21 centre half used as right wing back a few times at Dundee. OTJ is another big lad but Draper looks the better player in centre mid for ICT and do we really need another water carrier? I guess we might if Deegan, KT & Claros move on.

Lmc2105
27-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Would think that a target man would be a must!

More width but with Harris & Craig we might have something good!!

fife hfc
27-05-2013, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=Speedway;3624039]We'll be 'cutting' from the 'roster'

McPakeKujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

I would keep the players in bold. In the first half of the season when we were playing well cairney and Wotherspoon were the key. both are good squad players to have around. Greg Wylde is a player I would like to see us go for and a strong centre forward, something we have missed badly this season.

shetlandhibee
27-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I heard something about us being interested in Lewis toshney, Stephen McManus and that we were close to signing owain tudor jones on Facebook I'm not sure if its true or if it's been spoken about already though. IMO the team for next year should be;

Williams

Clancy/toshney
mcpake
hanlon/foster
stevenson

Craig/wotherspoon
tawio
claros/Tudor jones
harris

Griffiths
lyle Taylor

Subs
mcgivern
mcmanus
deegan
Caldwell
handling
??golie??
Thompson

bingo70
27-05-2013, 08:19 PM
That toshney was absolutely honking against us for Dundee a couple of weeks ago.

Leighonel
27-05-2013, 08:21 PM

McPake
Kujabi
Scott
Smith
Maybury
Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon
Done
Thomson
Doyle
Kuqi

That's 12 wages gone.

So far it's looking like

GK:
Williams
Murdoch
Grant

Def:
Clancy
McGivern
Hanlon
Forster
Toshney
Donaldson

Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Taiwo
Craig
OTJ

Att:
Griffiths
Caldwell
Handling

Is Cairney leaving? And is there no chance of thomson staying? Booth gone too?

Brightside
27-05-2013, 08:21 PM
He could become a full Scottish international within a couple of years, what do you think? :wink:

Aye - him Hanlon Forster. all stars for the next world cup

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Aye - him Hanlon Forster. all stars for the next world cup

You have more chance of biting your own erse than all 3 playing for Scotland, 2 maybe but as much as you rate Hanlon, and i have him as one of the first names on our team sheet every week these days.

He will never play for Scotland at full level, i'm happy with him at Hibs even after yesterdays poor display, but i feel you should pay out now on our bet, paddy power would. :greengrin

hibeequinn
27-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Lyle Taylor, Nicky Reilly and a new CH.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 08:35 PM

Is that a tease or just you're guess?
Or who you would like in?

Speedway
27-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Robertson, Craig and Stanton, non?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I think Robertson will be key next year.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 08:39 PM

That doesn't mean they will be here.

And KT wisnae gettin' paid...

Toshney is a big unit - Scotland U21 centre half used as right wing back a few times at Dundee. OTJ is another big lad but Draper looks the better player in centre mid for ICT and do we really need another water carrier? I guess we might if Deegan, KT & Claros move on.

Not in basic salary, no.

hibeequinn
27-05-2013, 08:42 PM

That's who we should sign Taylor could hold the ball up and bring others into play. Reilly is a good winger who can also cross a ball, and we need to get rid of mcstake and hanlon.

Up The Bracket
27-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Forgetting Callum Booth again are we?

hibeequinn
27-05-2013, 08:45 PM

I heard hes signing permanent deal at livi.

Leighonel
27-05-2013, 08:46 PM

I hope not. Harris and booth on the left would guarantee goals, not all for hibs, but they could form a very good partnership on the left.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I hope not. Harris and booth on the left would guarantee goals, not all for hibs, but they could form a very good partnership on the left.

Unless we were ever required to defend.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Robertson, Craig and Stanton, non?

Not seen anything yet from Robertson to suggest he is the creative midfielder we need, not seen enough of Craig to judge him and Stanton is untested at SPL level so yes he maybe but then again maybe not.

Leighonel
27-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Unless we were ever required to defend.

:greengrin

Thats why I said not all the goals would be for hibs. It was a half hearted attempt at sarcasm.

Seriously though the defensive areas of booths game can be coached to make a more rounded full back. I do hope an effort is made to do this not only from Fenlon but also, most importantly, Booth, it would be a shame to waste his ability.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Not seen anything yet from Robertson to suggest he is the creative midfielder we need, not seen enough of Craig to judge him and Stanton is untested at SPL level so yes he maybe but then again maybe not.

Have you seen Craig's goals and assists stats at St J.?

Robertson will do it for us.

Stanton is untested but with Harris and those two above, we at least have some creativity.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Stanton is untested but with Harris and those two above, we at least have some creativity.

To be honest no - been too lazy to check :greengrin

Hiber-nation
27-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Same Nicky Riley who can't get a game for Dundee?

3pm
27-05-2013, 09:15 PM

What makes you sure on Robertson?!

Speedway
27-05-2013, 09:19 PM
What makes you sure on Robertson?!

Like what I saw against Killie and Hearts.

Liked him at the Arabs.

Blackpool's signing record isn't bad over recent times. They can spot a player.

Stringer
27-05-2013, 09:24 PM
What is Stanton like?

You don't need that much pace to play number 10, Harris would be wasted there. Handling maybe.

hibeequinn
27-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Same Nicky Riley who can't get a game for Dundee?

Ok Humphrey then we need a winger who can beat a man then deliver a decent cross and can chip in with some goals too.

Speedway
27-05-2013, 09:29 PM
To be honest no - been too lazy to check :greengrin

:greengrin Me Neither.

Matty_Jack04
27-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Tom hall tweeting about us and Tudor jones from ICT surely if we sign him then Claros looks a doubt for next year

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Tom hall tweeting about us and Tudor jones from ICT surely if we sign him then Claros looks a doubt for next year

I heard he was a replacement for Deegan. Dont give up hope on Claros yet, bud.

GGTTH

shetlandhibee
27-05-2013, 09:48 PM
That toshney was absolutely honking against us for Dundee a couple of weeks ago.
Oh I've not seen him but surely hed be a better back up right back than maybury

hfc rd
27-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd prefer to see Liam Craig playing in the centre rather than out wide as I think that is where he is most effective.

Matty_Jack04
27-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I heard he was a replacement for Deegan. Dont give up hope on Claros yet, bud.

GGTTH

Good I'd hate to loose claros

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 10:15 PM
I'd prefer to see Liam Craig playing in the centre rather than out wide as I think that is where he is most effective.

Me too.

scoopyboy
28-05-2013, 05:52 AM
[QUOTE=Speedway;3624330]That doesn't mean they will be here.

Agreed mate but we both know it isn't as easy as just saying cheerio to players who have a year left on their contract.

Can you honestly see any club wanting to take McPake (only because of fitness), Cairney and Scott off our hands?

At best we will get them loaned out and only have to pay a percentage of their wages.

FWIW I agree regarding Scott Robertson but think Dean Horribine has a better chance of making the breakthrough before Sammy Stanton next season.

Barney McGrew
28-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Mid:
Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Horribine
Stanton
Taiwo
Craig
OTJ

There's only two Tom Taiwo's :singing:

Speedway
28-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Agreed mate but we both know it isn't as easy as just saying cheerio to players who have a year left on their contract.

Can you honestly see any club wanting to take McPake (only because of fitness), Cairney and Scott off our hands?

At best we will get them loaned out and only have to pay a percentage of their wages.

FWIW I agree regarding Scott Robertson but think Dean Horribine has a better chance of making the breakthrough before Sammy Stanton next season.

Which is likely with Scott and possible with Cairney. You've got to wonder how bad McPake's injury is.

There's only two Tom Taiwo's :singing:

No, we're signing his brother Tim.

truehibernian
28-05-2013, 07:06 AM

I spoke with a very close family member of Dean's recently scoopy and Dean is apparently champing at the bit for next season and is desperate to break into the side. Different player from Sam in my eyes - Sam is more nimble and fleet footed, I'd say the more technically gifted. Dean is quick, tenacious and combative - and has a drive about his play. Both can score goals however.

I still think that we need real pace and creativity out wide - I'm concerned that as good as Alex Harris is (and will be), the pressure on the young lad to do all the wide work and creating will eventually take it's toll during the season. We must have pace and strength up top next season. And right back area is fast turning into a 'Hibs goalie' type affair - we've been short of quality in that area for at least 6 seasons in my opinion. Maybury did an admirable job I admit, but age has caught up with him and he stands off wide men far too much for me. I'd love to keep him on in a playher/coaching capacity as he is a superb pro to have about Hibernian and for his contacts in the game here and down south.

GlenrothesHibee
28-05-2013, 02:59 PM
So OTJ is a done deal? How do people find these things out? Would be a pretty decent signing if true. Taylor from Falkirk and young Caldwell up front is quite an exciting thought

number9dream
28-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Barry Douglas off to Poland, Aaron Doran signed new deal at ICT. Scratch them off your lists...

Cocaine&Caviar
28-05-2013, 04:32 PM
I've been very impressed from Stefan Scougall from what I have seen, and have read even better things (from John Collins amongst others).

He's an ex-academy lad that was released for being too small, now at Livi.

A front 3 of Harris - Griffiths - Scougall

Would be super agile and attackingly intelligent; with a middle solid trio, it could really excel. In addition they are 19-22-20 respectively, it could set us up for the next 5 years.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-05-2013, 04:43 PM
GK: Williams / Murdoch

RB: Clancy / Donaldson
CB: McPake / Forster
CB: Hanlon /
LB: McGivern / Stevenson / Booth

CM: Taiwo / Claros***
CM: Thomson*** / Tudur-Jones***
No 10: Craig / Wotherspoon / Robertson

LW: Harris / Cairney
ST: Griffiths / Caldwell / May***
RW: Scougall*** / Handling

In: Claros, Thomson, Scougall, May, OTJ
Out: Maybury, Deegan, Doyle

Gordy M
28-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Nicky clark(qots) signed a pre contract with sevco as of sept.

MrRobot
28-05-2013, 05:40 PM
McManus would be a great signing as would McCourt.

If we could get them, keep KT, Claros, McGivern and Sparky, sign Danny Swanson, a new striker and a LM then we could be okay.

pontius pilate
28-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Mcgivern signing a 2 year deal so that's good. I also agree with McManus and McCourt are these 2 just rumours or could there be substance in them. Along with Taylor and Craig and hopefully OTJ we are getting there.

Williams
New R/B
Forster
McManus
Mcgivern
Taiwo
Jorge/OTJ
Harris
Craig
McCourt
Taylor

I'll get my jacket now

Chris.igoe
28-05-2013, 06:04 PM
This page is worth a look
http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Unattached

PeterboroHibee
28-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Mcgivern signing a 2 year deal so that's good. I also agree with McManus and McCourt are these 2 just rumours or could there be substance in them. Along with Taylor and Craig and hopefully OTJ we are getting there.

Williams
New R/B
Forster
McManus
Mcgivern
Taiwo
Jorge/OTJ
Harris
Craig
McCourt
Taylor

I'll get my jacket now

I cant see us signing McManus (or any CB) if McGivern has signed. Whatever anyone thinks of the players we have, we have Hanlon, Forster, McPake, McGivern and Clancy who can play there, while Donaldson seems to be on the fringes of the team. Thats 6 options for CB!

Heisenberg
28-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Need a decent RB next as Clancy isn't very good. Much better centre half.

pontius pilate
28-05-2013, 06:24 PM
I cant see us signing McManus (or any CB) if McGivern has signed. Whatever anyone thinks of the players we have, we have Hanlon, Forster, McPake, McGivern and Clancy who can play there, while Donaldson seems to be on the fringes of the team. Thats 6 options for CB!

Whilst I agree with you're point about having 6 CB but I've heard James is going in for an operation in the summer so god knows how long he could be out for. Clancy is not even a decent Rb so god knows what he would be like at CH and Donaldson I don't knowing about to be honest.
So that's 3 CB who have been tried and tested so I'd be tempted to bring in McManus

MontrealHibs
28-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Robert Douglas in as player coach in place of Thomson and Murdoch

pontius pilate
28-05-2013, 06:44 PM
SPL transfer rumour page on FB reckons the rumour at the moment is McCourt and miller to us on 1year deals Any truth ????

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2013, 06:52 PM
SPL transfer rumour page on FB reckons the rumour at the moment is McCourt and miller to us on 1year deals Any truth ????

A lot of people saying this on Twitter too. Would be decent signings imo.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Miller? :confused:

Leighonel
28-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Im assuming it is the kennington milleratron

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Kenny, i think.

weecounty hibby
28-05-2013, 07:02 PM

If its Kenny, its been widely rumoured that he was going back to the hun. Hope not, could be awesome for us as a player and influence on the youngsters

adhibs
28-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Would be interesting to see if we do go for mcourt nows he actually available. Would add a bit attackin flair that were missing

3pm
28-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Agent Scotland says Miller is off to The Huns.

JohnStephens91
28-05-2013, 07:05 PM
I've heard Adebayo Akinfenwa has been offered a trial.

adhibs
28-05-2013, 07:12 PM

no idea if your being serious but just looked at his wiki and hes played for the most uninspiring list of clubs you could ever put together

Leighonel
28-05-2013, 07:12 PM

I heard he turned it down cause we dont have enough weights in the gym.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Agent Scotland says Miller is off to The Huns.

Wouldny believe anything that gob***** posts.

Aldo
28-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Thatll be the entire summer budget gone on training gear then?? :wink: Tell you what though the guy has a no bad scoring record 100 or so goals in about 10 years?? albeit in the lower regions of English football. I watch abit of the Football league show and he always seems to score.

pontius pilate
28-05-2013, 07:16 PM
On the subject of Kenny Miller I'm sure I heard an interview or comments made by chick hehe young about 7-10 days ago saying from the horses mouth that Kenny miller was not signing and had not been offered a contract from them.

GavinHarris 10
28-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Scougall looks like some player. Excellent technical ability. Very small and pacey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ5QxO4Lr6M

Stringer
28-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Scougall looks like some player. Excellent technical ability. Very small and pacey

You can never judge a player on youtube highlights BUT he looks exactly the type of player we need. A proper number 10 who plays with his head up.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2013, 07:29 PM
You can never judge a player on youtube highlights BUT he looks exactly the type of player we need. A proper number 10 who plays with his head up.

Do we need him when we have Alex Harris, who will turn into our No 10

iwasthere1972
28-05-2013, 07:30 PM

Aye me too. Greggs are doing a two week trial on their new jumbo sausage rolls and Akinfenwa has agreed to take a supply. Eddie Stobart are currently driving to his hoose with the delivery.

Vault Boy
28-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Aye me too. Greggs are doing a two week trial on their new jumbo sausage rolls and Akinfenwa has agreed to take a supply. Eddie Stobart are currently driving to his hoose with the delivery.

:not worth

Stringer
28-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Do we need him when we have Alex Harris, who will turn into our No 10

Its about adding quality and getting bodies in. I would love a front attacking three of:

Handling Scougall Harris

With a bit of experience like Taiwo and Claros behind them.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Like the look of Scougal. Pretty nippy and has a real turn of pace.

SMAXXA
28-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Wheres the target man featuring in some of these 3 player forward line some are mentioning. We defo need one IMO

dhmf
28-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Would be suprised if we got Scougall,he has been watched by a host of Premiership teams.

GavinHarris 10
28-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I was just trying to show people what kind of player he was.

Joe
28-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Just putting the name out there but what about Mark Wilson? We need to strengthen our right back position and Wilson has both a huge amount of experience with Celtic but also is only 28. He will want to put himself about again, get some first team football to kick start the career, if he can put his injuries behind him and with a full pre season he could be a cracking addition.

Sylar
28-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Seen Scougall quite a bit this year and he's an exceptional young player. Hard to compare him to Harris as they obviously ply their trade at different levels and against different opposition but I'd contest Scougall is the better of the two!

As above though, if he goes anywhere it'll most likely be down south - his list of suitors is extensive and he's had scouts from some big name clubs watch him this season.

Personally, I hope he stays at Livingston for another season but that's a selfish perspective :greengrin

Fergus52
28-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Have we actually been linked to Scougal?

poolman
28-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Hmmmm ? He might be quite a signing

JohnStephens91
28-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Just putting the name out there but what about Mark Wilson? We need to strengthen our right back position and Wilson has both a huge amount of experience with Celtic but also is only 28. He will want to put himself about again, get some first team football to kick start the career, if he can put his injuries behind him and with a full pre season he could be a cracking addition.

He is actually wanting to retire from football very soon, he wants to become a teacher and is studying to do so, I doubt he'd want to come to Hibs which is a long-term project of rebuilding. Likewise I doubt he'd want to play and put himself in the shop window for other clubs as well as he wants to change careers. Source is his cousin.

number9dream
29-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Kenny Miller is under contract and picking up about $1m a year at Vancouver! Can only see him returning for family reasons.
Scougall is also under contract and Livi will be looking for a decent fee. Same applies to Lyle Taylor at Falkirk.
The only player I can see us stumping up a fee for is Griffiths, if Wolves are open to offers...

McCourt may be looking for a last pay day in England and he's hardly kicked a ball for Celtic in three years, largely due to his lifestyle choices.
Gutted that Doran has signed new deal at ICT - surely we could have offered much better terms.
Maybe we could go after Wylde on a season loan? He's out of the picture at Bolton.

JimBHibees
29-05-2013, 10:19 AM

A big if IMO, good player though.

davhibby
29-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Article in the Scotsman saying that we're going to get Tudor Jones from Inverness. Would be a great signing if true

The Toun Hibee
29-05-2013, 11:34 AM

Good shout, I'd have thought he was older that 28 as he's been around for ages. I would prefer to go for someone that's younger so we can build a team that's in place for more than 2 seasons.

Joe
29-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Kujabi, Doyle, Kuqi, Maybury and Done are definitely going. Can't say I'll miss any of them.

McGivern has/is about to sign permanently along with Tudor Jones.

Wotherspoon and Deegan are out of contract while Griffith, Thomson and Claros's deals have all come to an end.

Wotherspoon is a bit of a youtube player, there's a highlight reel of him out there that would make Barca want him, but sometimes he just isn't there. Deegan I think has been a bit hard done by, he was cracking at the start of the season but after that idiot broke his jaw he was playing catch up. The problem is that we had to deal with his injury which gave Taiwo the chance, then Robertson came in so where does he fit now?

Claros is really good but it would take a transfer fee, also whats the resale value? He's 28, can we afford to be signing players that aren't gonna accumulate value? Same with Thomson, whats the resale value? I'd like to see Iain Vigurs, has a bit of magic in central mid and having just turned 25 will get better as a player, also he's a free agent.

Heisenberg
29-05-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-to-sign-owain-tudur-jones-from-inverness-1-2947173?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Would maybe point to not keeping Claros/Thomson.

Up The Bracket
29-05-2013, 12:09 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-to-sign-owain-tudur-jones-from-inverness-1-2947173?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Would maybe point to not keeping Claros/Thomson.

More to replace Deegan, I think, Tudur-Jones is similar to Deegan but he tends to do a bit more attacking and less slowing down play.

Macaroon
29-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Harris - Taylor - Scougall as a front three makes me salivate. Never going to happen like, but still :greengrin

Heisenberg
29-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Harris - Taylor - Scougall as a front three makes me salivate. Never going to happen like, but still :greengrin

Would be most fantastic. Too expensive for us though unfortunately.

Speedway
29-05-2013, 12:39 PM
I think we could see a new back 4 next season as well.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I think we could see a new back 4 next season as well.

We certainly got through plenty this season: -

Clancy-Stephens-McPake-Hanlon

Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-Maybury

Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern

Maybury-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern

Maybury-Hanlon-McGivern-Stevenson

Maybury-McPake-McGivern-Stevenson

Maybury-Forster-Hanlon-Stevenson

Maybury-Forster-Hanlon-McGivern

Kaff
29-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Kujabi, Doyle, Kuqi, Maybury and Done are definitely going. Can't say I'll miss any of them.

McGivern has/is about to sign permanently along with Tudor Jones.

Wotherspoon and Deegan are out of contract while Griffith, Thomson and Claros's deals have all come to an end.

Wotherspoon is a bit of a youtube player, there's a highlight reel of him out there that would make Barca want him, but sometimes he just isn't there. Deegan I think has been a bit hard done by, he was cracking at the start of the season but after that idiot broke his jaw he was playing catch up. The problem is that we had to deal with his injury which gave Taiwo the chance, then Robertson came in so where does he fit now?

Claros is really good but it would take a transfer fee, also whats the resale value? He's 28, can we afford to be signing players that aren't gonna accumulate value? Same with Thomson, whats the resale value? I'd like to see Iain Vigurs, has a bit of magic in central mid and having just turned 25 will get better as a player, also he's a free agent.

I agree that your list of players leaving won't be a miss on the pitch but Maybury and Kuqi have both been attributed with adding more professionalism to the squad, that is still a work in progress and I wouldn't be too quick to lose that influence