PDA

View Full Version : Alan Maybury

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2013, 01:58 PM
The guy has had dogs abuse on here since he signed, including from me, very solid performance today, credit where its due, well played mate!

cleanyman
12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Solid professional

Franck Stanton
12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
The guy has had dogs abuse on here since he signed, including from me, very solid performance today, credit where its due, well played mate!
Well said, he was only employed by them, doesn't support them. Just my opinion but a handy squad player to have around.

LioNeilMessi
12-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Alan has been one of best defenders this season! :thumbsup:

Monts
@Teddymaybs If carlsberg did weeks...I've just had it!

Hes loving it

Stevie Reid
Have always been pleased with him, has been harshly punished for his mistakes at times, but is the best right back that we've had in a long time IMO.

Clancy's recent form has been worrying, delighted to see Maybury do so well today.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Played very well.

hibee_girl
12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I actually prefer him playing to Clancy, hope he stays on next season.

green.and.white
12-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Steady, which is better than what we have had at RB for a couple of seasons now :agree:

Billy Whizz
12-05-2013, 02:04 PM
I wonder if Jamie Walker has been let out his pocket yet, as the poor little boy has to go home

shamo9
12-05-2013, 02:05 PM
He's had a much better season for me than Clancy who is almost perpetually in a state of 'coming back to match fitness'. I'd be very tempted to start him in the final because against Falkirk Clancy looked scared. If we're gonna have a chance we need every player to give it a go with no fear like today.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Its easy to focus on the scorers, but, the defence as a whole, if I had a hat on I would be taking it off, well played lads, Jordan especially!

PJ IronHIbee
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Good shout mate - always gives 100%

bigwheel
12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Its easy to focus on the scorers, but, the defence as a whole, if I had a hat on I would be taking it off, well played lads, Jordan especially!

Maybury was strong for the full 90 mins...He is a great professional who has added a lot around the club, especially with the youngsters....and a special mention for the two central defenders - solid debut for Foster and good leaders performance from Paul Hanlon.

Time For Heroes
12-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Spot On:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Solid professional and gives his all, when selected....

Bostonhibby
12-05-2013, 02:45 PM

:agree: not from me he hasn't, another good shift today.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Always backed him and defended him :smug:

Andy74
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd give him another year no problem. Knows his position. Great experience.

Jones28
12-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Delighted for him today, terrific performance. Ive been a big critic this season but today he was tremendous

gobragh1875
12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
As one who has given him pelters id just like to say yir still murder. ......naw creditbwhere creditsvdue he did a great job today with the young guys in the team

GGTTH

Seveno
12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
His best game for us but then he was playing up against a pretty poor team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2013, 03:22 PM
No question that some of the criticism of Maybury has been over the top, but if anyone wants to claim that the shift that he put in today has been the same as the level that he has played at all season, that is over-cooking it a bit surely?

down-the-slope
12-05-2013, 03:23 PM
He has been a really solid signing and was brought in as much for his old pro head in and around the club as much as for his RB play. Good having an experienced player outside Jordan today.

Lets not forget he is part of the U20's coaching and they are looking non too shabby - I think keeping him signed as well as his coaching role is the way to continue

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 03:24 PM
He has been a really solid signing and was brought in as much for his old pro head in and around the club as much as for his RB play. Good having an experienced player outside Jordan today.

Lets not forget he is part of the U20's coaching and they are looking non too shabby - I think keeping him signed as well as his coaching role is the way to continue

Good point. Pat said in pre-season that he was the type of character that was good to have at the club.

lucky
12-05-2013, 03:25 PM

Agree with this and play him in the cup final

JollyGreenGiant
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Always thought he was one of these guys who thought, professional game is a professional game!!

Golden Bear
12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

:agree:

From what I hear he's also been helping out with the youth teams. He seems like a good solid pro and others will benefit from the experience he's gathered.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
No question that some of the criticism of Maybury has been over the top, but if anyone wants to claim that the shift that he put in today has been the same as the level that he has played at all season, that is over-cooking it a bit surely?Not really, Maybury has had few poor games this season, been better than Clancy IMO but he has been injured a lot I suppose.

Dinkydoo
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Really pleased with his performance today. Deserves another chance against Killie to prove that he's the RB for our cup final starting 11.

Baader
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Had a good game. I'd definitely keep him on for another season

Smartie
12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
He has been really unfortunate in that when he's made mistakes, they have been ruthlessly punished with goals, when other players have gotten away more lightly (McPake!) He's had a number of really solid performances and deserves immense credit for continuing to be as dedicated and professional, knowing that he's never going to be a fans' favourite. A number of our best defensive performances have had a dogged Alan Maybury playing at right-back, and bearing in mind his previous employers, he's certainly been happy to stand up and be counted in the derbies. Unlike Matt Doherty etc

A better reserve right-back than we've had as a first choice for a few seasons now. Not too sure if I'm overly keen on the idea of James Forrest running at him in the cup final though.

If Alan Maybury were to do nothing more this season then leave Hibs in the summer, it should be with the best wishes of all Hibs fans, having done far more than expected and he's largely been given credit for.

Cheers Alan.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Our record with Maybury this season (including 4 sub appearances): -

P 29 W 12 D 7 L 10

iwasthere1972
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Went up in my estimation when he kicked the ball out the Yam supporter's hand. :aok: Shame the guys head was overhanging the wall.

Speedy
12-05-2013, 03:59 PM
No question that some of the criticism of Maybury has been over the top, but if anyone wants to claim that the shift that he put in today has been the same as the level that he has played at all season, that is over-cooking it a bit surely?

Maybury is solid enough but he's very slow so when he gets up against a quick player on his game he gets ripped apart (Vine for St Johnstone for example).

I'd be happy with him staying for another year.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Our record with Maybury this season (including 4 sub appearances): -

P 29 W 12 D 7 L 10

Without him: -

P 12 W 3 D 5 L 4

hibs4thecup1988
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Wonder what he means by "weeks"? Wonder if he has signed on for another year?

"Cafu" has been steady this season. Gets dogs abuse around me in the FF Lower. But in my view he has been good this season. Reliable when needed. :agree:

JimBHibees
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I would give him another year was solid and composed today and given he is helping out with the under 20s is a good influence in the dressing room especially for the younger players.

col02
12-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I would give him another year was solid and composed today and given he is helping out with the under 20s is a good influence in the dressing room especially for the younger players.

I would agree with this sentiment. Alan is quite similar to Lewis Stevenson in being steady and adaptable to play a couple positions if required with no fuss.

J-C
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
He made a few wee mistakes in a couple of games, this was due mainly to trying to cover 2 positions while McPake went AWOL at times. Alan's lost a fair bit of pace due to age but his auld heid helps him through the game, bring in a younger RB and let him learn from him next season.

Fergus52
12-05-2013, 05:10 PM

There's been quite a few games where he's played as good if not better