10-05-2013, 12:47 PM
On ESPN classic Now.

Falkirk Hibby
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
My Namesake (partly) and the reason Villa is my English team!!! :greengrin

gringojoe
10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
My Namesake (partly) and the reason Villa is my English team!!! :greengrin

Des is reason Villa are my English team too, could probably still do a job for us now.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Can't believe how much Bayern were on top in that game. What a team they were, Karl Heinz Rumenigge and Klaus Augenthaler played brilliantly but still lost.

Tony Morley was brilliant for Villa.

Falkirk Hibby
10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Des is reason Villa are my English team too, could probably still do a job for us now.

Hibs and Villa. Well, nobody can call us Glory Hunters certainly! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Des Bremner rates very highly in my all time list of Hibee heroes.

Hamish
10-05-2013, 06:51 PM

:agree: great player. would be worth an absolute fortune these days.

Hiber-nation
10-05-2013, 07:38 PM

:agree:

Fantastic player. When he left we went into freefall and relagation followed quickly.

tamig
10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
:agree:

Fantastic player. When he left we went into freefall and relagation followed quickly.

And we got the great Joe Ward into the bargain!

IWasThere2016
10-05-2013, 08:22 PM
His brother stays near me, and I met him in BHS in Kirkcaldy in 1977 - he signed my school photo :greengrin

IberianHibernian
10-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Fantastic player for us . Took a while for fans to realise he was more than Brownlie`s sub and was at ER at a time when things were starting to go downhill ( partly because of his departure ) but was a great Hibernian player and deserves far more recognition than he got . Seem to remember him scoring a double at Tynecastle ( his only goals for us perhaps ) in a midweek match which finished 2v2 ( in those days a draw in a Derby was as bad as a defeat but fact he got 2 made it special ) .

Jonnyboy
10-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Fantastic player for us . Took a while for fans to realise he was more than Brownlie`s sub and was at ER at a time when things were starting to go downhill ( partly because of his departure ) but was a great Hibernian player and deserves far more recognition than he got . Seem to remember him scoring a double at Tynecastle ( his only goals for us perhaps ) in a midweek match which finished 2v2 ( in those days a draw in a Derby was as bad as a defeat but fact he got 2 made it special ) .

Agree with that 100%

Des played 285 times for us but you've forgotten 22 of the 24 goals he scored for us :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=778

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I thought I would have been the only one on here who followed Villa-great to see there's a couple more! :-) I was on a cruise a few years back and there was a sports auction one night, one of the lots was a Villa top from the '82 final. Was convinced it was mine but the bird(ex now) stopped me in my tracks when it went over £300 :-(

IberianHibernian
10-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Agree with that 100%

Des played 285 times for us but you've forgotten 22 of the 24 goals he scored for us :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=77824 goals ! Amazing and depressing for me since I must have been at almost all the matches where he scored but only goal I remember is one at Tynecastle ( fantastic left footer from corner of box ) . Are yellow card stats correct ? He was never a dirty player but with present refs would have got far more .

Jonnyboy
10-05-2013, 09:00 PM
24 goals ! Amazing and depressing for me since I must have been at almost all the matches where he scored but only goal I remember is one at Tynecastle ( fantastic left footer from corner of box ) . Are yellow card stats correct ? He was never a dirty player but with present refs would have got far more .

I think the cards info is still being compiled by the site owners IH. Des was never a dirty player but got a few cards in his days at ER

Hiber-nation
10-05-2013, 09:07 PM
And we got the great Joe Ward into the bargain!

:boo hoo:

Purple & Green
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
24 goals ! Amazing and depressing for me since I must have been at almost all the matches where he scored but only goal I remember is one at Tynecastle ( fantastic left footer from corner of box ) . Are yellow card stats correct ? He was never a dirty player but with present refs would have got far more .

As JC says we're still working on them, post 1997 is accurate but we've not compiled everything before then. Not as much yellows going back in time, though, with the odd exception.