PDA

View Full Version : How much is Leigh worth?

AngusHibby
10-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Say we were to sign him on a two-year contract this summer and some one came knocking the following January, how much does everyone reckon realistically we could sell him on for?

Not that i'd want to sell him...

hugo boss
10-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Say we were to sign him on a two-year contract this summer and some one came knocking the following January, how much does everyone reckon realistically we could sell him on for?

Not that i'd want to sell him... How much is it worth to win the cup thats how much

Judas Iscariot
10-05-2013, 12:13 PM
£70.62

bingo70
10-05-2013, 12:14 PM

Not much, he'd only be worth what someone was willing to pay and if there's not much interest in him this summer when he'd be available on the cheap or free then nobody would be willing to pay a decent fee a few months later.

I'd guess about £500k tops, obviously we'd think he'd be worth more but i don't think anyone would pay much more than that.

WestEndHibee
10-05-2013, 12:16 PM
£70.62

I was thinking more £7062.??

(?? being our winning scoreline on the 26th)

calumhibee1
10-05-2013, 12:18 PM
A striker that looks set to hit 30 goals in a season for the team 3rd bottom to me has to be worth a fortune.

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Quite a lot, and here's Mick McCarthy to tell us why:

"Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs," he smiled. "When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee? The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack!"

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 12:39 PM
A striker that looks set to hit 30 goals in a season for the team 3rd bottom to me has to be worth a fortune.

You'd think but, unless football is being unusually discreet, there's not much interest in him. If he is worth a fortune, he won't be with us next year. I don't know how wolves's 1yr option works, but he'll be either forced to see tha through, or with someone who can pay better wages than us.

Time For Heroes
10-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm sure a fertilty clinic would pay mega bucks :D

Keith_M
10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
The value of anything is what someone else is currently willing to pay.

That's my philosophical thought for today :wink:

yekimevol
10-05-2013, 01:21 PM
How much is leigh worth, well if Steven Fletcher was worth three million i would say that leigh is worth four million if not more.

offshorehibby
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
It would probably all depend if he continued to bang in goals next season as well. I f we were to sign him i'd rather tie him up on a 3 year deal so if somebody did come in we'd have a better bargaining tool.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2013, 01:28 PM
It would probably all depend if he continued to bang in goals next season as well. I f we were to sign him i'd rather tie him up on a 3 year deal so if somebody did come in we'd have a better bargaining tool.

It will also depend on whether he's seen to have screwed the nut. I think he's made progress in staying out of trouble on the pitch but we've still had twittergate and tescos. The fact that he's a perceived risk might be signicantly enhancing our chances of keeping him.

superfurryhibby
10-05-2013, 01:53 PM
It will also depend on whether he's seen to have screwed the nut. I think he's made progress in staying out of trouble on the pitch but we've still had twittergate and tescos. The fact that he's a perceived risk might be signicantly enhancing our chances of keeping him.

It's a fair point but it didn't stop the smellies from paying a million for Stokes whose "lifestyle" issues were well known.

neilmartinrocks
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
How much is he worth to US?

How much does he weigh?:greengrin

LeighLoyal
10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
We could get that new league one side to waive a fee if we gave them say... a 20% sell on. :top marks

AngusHibby
10-05-2013, 03:52 PM
I was thinking more £7062.??

(?? being our winning scoreline on the 26th)

Perhaps this could be his wage

Jones28
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
He's *****. Can't see why anyone would want him...oh well, I guess we're stuck with him for a few years...what a shame, I wanted to get Kuqi more involved too :greengrin

rcarter1
10-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Quite a lot, and here's Mick McCarthy to tell us why:

"Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs," he smiled. "When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee? The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack!"

might explain why so many clubs down south have a knack of giving us duffers..

Matt92
10-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Playing for Celtic: £5,000,000

Playing for us: £1,250,000

West hamBERNIAN
10-05-2013, 07:03 PM
D

If we were to sign Leigh permanently it would be a miracle, if he was to replicate the season he's had it would be a miracle. That's two too many miracles than I'm used too. A wild guess, about 1.5 mill with a 30% sell on.

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 07:30 PM
D

If we were to sign Leigh permanently it would be a miracle, if he was to replicate the season he's had it would be a miracle. That's two too many miracles than I'm used too. A wild guess, about 1.5 mill with a 30% sell on.

How about we make it a hat trick and pump Celtic in the final as well?

West hamBERNIAN
10-05-2013, 07:47 PM
How about we make it a hat trick and pump Celtic in the final as well?

Im up for it if you are :greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-05-2013, 07:55 PM
To us, he's priceless.

Woody70x2
10-05-2013, 09:50 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is about. He isn't that good anyway... Poor control, touch of an elephant, can barely go past a man, ball greedy, too small, too light weight, etc, etc. He's worth very little.

Woody70x2
10-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about. He isn't that good anyway... Poor control, touch of an elephant, can barely go past a man, ball greedy, too small, too light weight, etc, etc. He's worth very little.

Not to mention the baggage that comes along with him.

Wolves should simply wash their hands with him.

Signed: Rod Petrie

Purehibee_MYB
10-05-2013, 10:27 PM

Not to mention the baggage that comes along with him.

Wolves should simply wash their hands with him.

Signed: Rod Petrie

Not to mention he's a striker who just can't seem to find the net :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
10-05-2013, 11:03 PM

Not to mention he's a striker who just can't seem to find the net :greengrin

I've heard it.

hibee92
10-05-2013, 11:24 PM

:agree:

Also the difference between 2 and 42 Scotland caps.

VPHIBEE
10-05-2013, 11:40 PM

If he wins the scottish cup in the way that only he can do, he is priceless to me. As I keep saying to soap dodgers, "as we say in Leith, he may be a wee radge, but he is our wee radge".

I have always said I would give anything to be able to score against them, then get sent off for celebrating punching the unwashed at the away end. Which just goes to prove anyone can get carried away.

Leigh is living the dream every one of us are not good enough to do. Any player that can score the goals he has out of nothing deserves every accolade he gets.

I for one am going to Hampden to win it.

Sparky is a Hibee through and through, and there is no other player in the SPL with his ability. If Sparky turns up on the day, and the rest of the boys believe, we can bring the scottish cup home from wedgie land!

VPHIBEE
10-05-2013, 11:46 PM

If he wins the scottish cup in the way that only he can do, he is priceless to me. As I keep saying to soap dodgers, "as we say in Leith, he may be a wee radge, but he is our wee radge".

I have always said I would give anything to be able to score against them, then get sent off for celebrating punching the unwashed at the away end. Which just goes to prove anyone can get carried away.

Leigh is living the dream every one of us are not good enough to do. Any player that can score the goals he has out of nothing deserves every accolade he gets.

I for one am going to Hampden to win it.

Sparky is a Hibee through and through, and there is no other player in the SPL with his ability. If Sparky turns up on the day, and the rest of the boys believe, we can bring the scottish cup home from wedgie land!

mikewynne
11-05-2013, 12:01 AM

I'd say £1.25m is pretty close but maybe a little short, I'd think somewhere in the £1.5 to £2m range.

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2013, 01:38 AM

At Hearts he'd be valued at 10 mill, but would probably be encouraged to leave on a free transfer.

Hibercelona
11-05-2013, 05:18 AM
40 Billion.

marinello59
11-05-2013, 05:33 AM
His value will surely rocket after his playing career is over and he is put out to stud.