PDA

View Full Version : CoerverŪ Coaching

hibsbollah
09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have experience of this coaching programme for kids aged 4-12? Would you recommend it? Thanks in advance :aok:

Jay
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
My boy went for a year or so. It was quite expensive but in the beginning it was worth it. The actual training was very good but as the months went on they squeezed in more and more kids til they ended up spending 80% of their time waiting for their turn at the exercise they were on.

The other thing was that there was really no end product, no games as such and no team.

That was about 5 years ago though so things may well have changed.

Haymaker
09-05-2013, 06:51 PM
I would recommend them, great set up but as Mrs. S has said, some may try to get as many kids in as possible, they shouldnt because their philosophy is small groups.

Twa Cairpets
09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Cant recommend them highly enough.
We've worked with them at our club for the past few years and the impact has been excellent.

Bottom line is it is developing technical expertise at a young age, providing confidence on the ball and constantly challenging the kids, within the structure of the session, to push their boundaries often without them being aware this is what they are doing!

If you want any more info pm me.

hibsbollah
10-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Cant recommend them highly enough.
We've worked with them at our club for the past few years and the impact has been excellent.

Bottom line is it is developing technical expertise at a young age, providing confidence on the ball and constantly challenging the kids, within the structure of the session, to push their boundaries often without them being aware this is what they are doing!

If you want any more info pm me.

Thanks. Would you say its more appropriate for kids that are fairly decent already or is it for all levels and abilities?

Twa Cairpets
10-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks. Would you say its more appropriate for kids that are fairly decent already or is it for all levels and abilities?

Certainly when they are working with a club it is for all levels of abilities, and the out-of clubs sessions they've run here have been very successful for kids of all standards. The thing I particularly like about the method is that it stretches kids whatever their start point - technical touch, decision making, 1v1s and 2v2s, SSG's.

I also went on their coaches course run by John Collins last year - if its good enough for JC, its good enough for me...

JimBHibees
10-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Would definitely recommend it very good for developing kids touch, technique and also using both feet and different parts of the foot.

hibsbollah
10-05-2013, 03:15 PM
That sounds good enough for me, Bollah Junior starts on Sunday :aok:

matty_f
14-05-2013, 11:11 PM
I thought it was excellent.

hibsbollah
24-05-2013, 04:35 PM
He's now in week three and not asked to leave yet to play on the Wii instead, thanks for the recommendations :aok:

Twa Cairpets
24-05-2013, 04:39 PM
He's now in week three and not asked to leave yet to play on the Wii instead, thanks for the recommendations :aok:

Excellent - good luck to your boy!

Haymaker
24-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Good stuff, hopefully picking up all the skills to play the game!

Mister P
24-05-2013, 10:54 PM
i have the dvd, very inspirational!

H18sry
25-05-2013, 08:28 AM
i have the dvd, very inspirational!

You should try learning from it then :wink: