PDA

View Full Version : SW England Hibs - Final (Hibs Pub)

persevere1875
09-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Assuming I'm not succesful in getting a ticket for the final and I have a funny feeling for the first time ever Im not going to get one, I own a pub in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, How many if any SW England based Hibs supporters would be interested in meeting up and turning the pub into a sea of Hibees green for the day, I will be showing the game anyway for my own enjoyment (hopefully) if nothing else and im sure a fair few of my regulars who are not hibs fans but take an interest in their results due to getting it pounded into them by me will be in to see the match but if there's enough interest Im more than happy to open early and arrange breakfasts etc for anyone who wants to enjoy the match in the company of other Hibs fans. Just an idea ?

Admin, Hope this isnt wrongly interpreted as an illicit advert for the pub, just trying to get a few Hibbys without tickets together, strength in numbers etc.

lord bunberry
09-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Assuming I'm not succesful in getting a ticket for the final and I have a funny feeling for the first time ever Im not going to get one, I own a pub in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, How many if any SW England based Hibs supporters would be interested in meeting up and turning the pub into a sea of Hibees green for the day, I will be showing the game anyway for my own enjoyment (hopefully) if nothing else and im sure a fair few of my regulars who are not hibs fans but take an interest in their results due to getting it pounded into them by me will be in to see the match but if there's enough interest Im more than happy to open early and arrange breakfasts etc for anyone who wants to enjoy the match in the company of other Hibs fans. Just an idea ?

Admin, Hope this isnt wrongly interpreted as an illicit advert for the pub, just trying to get a few Hibbys without tickets together, strength in numbers etc.

What's your pub called I'm down there every year for the festival

persevere1875
09-05-2013, 10:38 AM
What's your pub called I'm down there every year for the festival

The Adam & Eve, Townsend Street, was until recently run by an 80yr old woman but has been revamped and opened up into one bar since I took over, now has all you'd expect from a pub where as before it had no sky and a 14" portable on the wall, we got quite a few Scottish lads in for this years festival so your more than welcome next time your down

lord bunberry
09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
The Adam & Eve, Townsend Street, was until recently run by an 80yr old woman but has been revamped and opened up into one bar since I took over, now has all you'd expect from a pub where as before it had no sky and a 14" portable on the wall, we got quite a few Scottish lads in for this years festival so your more than welcome next time your down

I will pop in for a drink or ten next year

Radar67
09-05-2013, 12:16 PM
I am in Trowbridge, Wilts, not sure about cup final day, but may pop to your pub if I am in the area, just for a pint and chat!

green glory
09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Jackpot!

I'm at a wedding in Stow in the Wold on the Saturday, and won't make it back for the final which I was obviously sick about, being an ST holder etc.

This is starting to sound like a plan.

gorgie greens
09-05-2013, 10:38 PM
would have loved to nip over the border,but ive got myself a ticket,will keep you in mind and pop in the next time im in town GGTTH

monktonharp
09-05-2013, 11:06 PM
my eldest son, fellow Hibby lives in Monmouth, just over the border. don't know if he can get over to watch with fellow Hibbies(he's the local aa.man, not alcoholics anon I might add) but I am down his way now and again, so will take note of your boozer.:thumbsup:

persevere1875
10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
would have loved to nip over the border,but ive got myself a ticket,will keep you in mind and pop in the next time im in town GGTTH

Enjoy it mate, still didnt get the chance to meet up last time and unless there's a miraculous general sale, which I doubt, wont be meeting up this time either, hope we batter them for all the Hibby's everywhere especially those like us who personally endured the pain and indignity of THAT day, still haunts me GGTTH

persevere1875
10-05-2013, 10:34 AM
my eldest son, fellow Hibby lives in Monmouth, just over the border. don't know if he can get over to watch with fellow Hibbies(he's the local aa.man, not alcoholics anon I might add) but I am down his way now and again, so will take note of your boozer.:thumbsup:

Well If he gets the chance he's more than welcome as are all Hibbys whether that be for the final or the festival next year, slowly sneaking the memorabilia in, had to start with the Cheltenham Races and Gloucester Rugby memorabilia first just so it didnt alianate the locals but the Hibs stuff is sitting waiting to make an appearance and the night before Cup Final day seems an appropriate excuse to get it on the walls

persevere1875
15-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Well my gut feeling was right, as of this moment I dont have a ticket so i'll be watching and celebrating Hibs finally ending the hoodoo :wink: in my pub in Cheltenham, anyone who's in the area will be made more than welcome, at the minute Im looking for square sausage for the breakfasts and trying to teach the wife how to make Stovies for half time, personally Im intending serving until 2pm and then getting my arse the other side of the bar to get on the lash in style, in the meantime were getting ready to dress the pub in a sea of green and white as soon as were shut Saturday night and show the locals what it really means to follow my beloved Hibs, if your lucky enough to have a ticket, enjoy it, no matter what happens it cant be as bad as last year GGTTH

green glory
19-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm hoping to get along as I'm staying in Burford the night before. Might manage to bring a neutral or 2 as well.

Nailsea Hibby
19-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Would loved to have come but got a ticket :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:flag:.Will be passing you about 3 ish on Sat. morning on the way up, coming back down Tues during day,might pop in then depending on the state i'm in.Have a great day.

persevere1875
20-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm hoping to get along as I'm staying in Burford the night before. Might manage to bring a neutral or 2 as well.

More the merrier mate

jakeshibs
21-05-2013, 05:20 PM
I am a Hibs supporter unable to get to Hampden, but would love to be surrounded by other Hibs supporters, for what could be our finest day, do you have any plans for after party, etc. very interested in making my way to Cheltenham to least soak up some atmosphere, as beats watching it in the house. 'Hi-Bees, Hi-Bees

jakeshibs
21-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I just wanted to confirm I live 40 mins south of Cheltenham, so far been unable to get a ticket, although my Dad is a ST holder, I am going to try get up there as rather be surrounded with other mad Hi-Bees and enjoying the day, Yes I was there last year and spent the remainder of the night in the Four in Hand with Kano. Stovies sounds fantastic when are you opening and what is the score on accommodation available?? Hi-Bees! Hi-Bees! Hi-Bees!

persevere1875
22-05-2013, 07:41 AM
I just wanted to confirm I live 40 mins south of Cheltenham, so far been unable to get a ticket, although my Dad is a ST holder, I am going to try get up there as rather be surrounded with other mad Hi-Bees and enjoying the day, Yes I was there last year and spent the remainder of the night in the Four in Hand with Kano. Stovies sounds fantastic when are you opening and what is the score on accommodation available?? Hi-Bees! Hi-Bees! Hi-Bees!

Hi, we open at 12 although if your getting there earlier Im sure I could arrange to open the door :wink: think the stovies have now been replaced with scotch pies as nobody could be arsed to make the stovies, the pub doesnt have accom but fairly sure that the local travel lodges are only 19.99 on that night if you book online now, assuming your coming by train, the station is a 10 minute walk away, one straight rd, also Im assuming your coming from Bristol way with that distance, you might even manage to get a train back on the evening ? Look forward to seeing you if you manage to get there, I'll be the one wearing a hibs top, looking nervous and biting ma nails, again :wink:

jakeshibs
23-05-2013, 06:43 AM
if I can make it there and Hibs win I certainly wont be travelling anywhere except up the road to join in the massive celebration. trying to sort accommodation now and would be driving as from the Malbourgh direction, south of Swindon , lets hope its our time. mon the Hibs:pfgwa

PatHead
23-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi, we open at 12 although if your getting there earlier Im sure I could arrange to open the door :wink: think the stovies have now been replaced with scotch pies as nobody could be arsed to make the stovies, the pub doesnt have accom but fairly sure that the local travel lodges are only 19.99 on that night if you book online now, assuming your coming by train, the station is a 10 minute walk away, one straight rd, also Im assuming your coming from Bristol way with that distance, you might even manage to get a train back on the evening ? Look forward to seeing you if you manage to get there, I'll be the one wearing a hibs top, looking nervous and biting ma nails, again :wink:

Bugger that..............not giving up my ticket and coming down to Gloucestershire now if you aren't making stovies. Just do them in the slow cooker a piece of p...... Dead easy if you get them on early enough.

swindonhibs
25-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Bump
Me and my brother getting the train up tomorrow will be there for 12, look forward to watching the famous Edinburgh Hibs lift the cup with some fellow hibees!
GGTTH