PDA

View Full Version : Tickets from Touts

shezer
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
I have looked around and I haven't found any on ebay or gumtree yet. There are a few (Soccer Ticket) websites that are selling them.

shezer
02-05-2013, 07:59 PM
And it has begun.Gumtree 6 tickets Hibs end......****my ST holder selling them for 180 pounds each

VickMackie
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Jambi I know is selling two for 100 each. Fat prick.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
And it has begun.Gumtree 6 tickets Hibs end......****my ST holder selling them for 180 pounds each

Seeing as no-one knows yet how big the general sale will be it would be madness to spend that amount of dosh.

shezer
02-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Is it possible the seller could be a Hearts fan? Do they normally buy season tickets for Easter road to guarantee seats for derbies?

Aldo
02-05-2013, 08:14 PM

****. That's taking the piss. Name and shame

PerfectlyFranck
02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
The gumtree chap has been reported. :wink: They let slip their name and the numbers, row, section of the seats.

I must've been bidding with someone here as they went from £140 per ticket to £200!
They seem to believe I'm going to pay £1200 in cash for tickets they've paid £168 for.

Sadly, it looks like they've acquired these off a ST holder or the person is an ST holder themselves.
They should be banned, stripped of their ST and prevented from going to the cup final. Touters do my head in! :grr:

Aldo
02-05-2013, 08:17 PM
The gumtree chap has been reported. :wink: They let slip their name and the numbers, row, section of the seats.

I must've been bidding with someone here as they went from £140 per ticket to £200!
They seem to believe I'm going to pay £1200 in cash for tickets they've paid £168 for.

Sadly, it looks like they've acquired these off a ST holder or the person is an ST holder themselves.
They should be banned, stripped of their ST and prevented from going to the cup final. Touters do my head in! :grr:

Excellent.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:19 PM

Hope Hibs come down like a tonne of bricks on this.......

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:20 PM

How did a merrick come by two tickets?

Twiglet
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM

Report them. Goes against Gumtree selling rules:

"Football tickets
It is illegal to resell any tickets to professional football matches occurring in England and Wales or involving English or Welsh teams playing outside England or Wales. Gumtree does not allow tickets for Scottish, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland football matches to be sold either. Contact the FA or the relevant football club directly for information on exchange options available to you."

Taken from the Gumtree posting rules.

NOLA
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
dunno why anyone would pay 180 notes for a game on the tv, seems daft to me.:dunno:

Hermit Crab
02-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Wind up. Cert

Hermit Crab
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
dunno why anyone would pay 180 notes for a game on the tv, seems daft to me.:dunno:

Nobody will and they will be lumbered with them.

iwasthere1972
02-05-2013, 08:31 PM
6 seats together as well. What a disgrace if it's a hibby ripping off fellow fans.

Hopefully named and shamed and banned from Easter Road.

Touts. They really are the pits.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
6 seats together as well. What a disgrace if it's a hibby ripping off fellow fans.

Hopefully named and shamed and banned from Easter Road.

Touts. They really are the pits.

A yam mate of mine was charged £100 outside tynecastle for a ticket for the Liverpool game and this was from a fellow yam. Shocking.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
A yam mate of mine was charged £100 outside tynecastle for a ticket for the Liverpool game and this was from a fellow yam. Shocking.

£100, jeez, think how many shares he could have bought instead:greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM

Or how many bags of plain flour and cake cases.

lEXO
02-05-2013, 08:44 PM
If you can get the seat and row number of any tout ticket, report it to Hibs and the sfa. Every seat sold is allocated to a client reference number, and they are rumbled. Any Hibs fan doing this is a parasite, name and shame them.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Or how many bags of plain flour and cake cases.

This sounds like a maths question:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I have bought tickets from touts before, wembley 96 springs to mind :rolleyes:, and the Britannia stadium for a Bon Jovi concert. :greengrin

3pm
02-05-2013, 08:51 PM

Looking for a new team to support, and scooped the tickets.

PerfectlyFranck
02-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Excellent.

Hope Hibs come down like a tonne of bricks on this.......

They want the money in cash by this weekend or they're selling to a higher bidder!

http://www.ballsofsteelorfull******.com/images/166.gif

Hermit Crab
02-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Ooh that's nasty. No wait....... It isn't. :D

VickMackie
02-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Dunno, could be at the wind up.

Thecat23
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM

Tubby by any chance? Brother of Keith?

silverhibee
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM

I really find it hard to believe that 6 ST holders have all decided to give up there tickets for the biggest game of this season and the chance to see there club win that cup for say £100+, it just doesn't make sense, not unless they have all booked a holiday on the same date as the game and are looking to sell the tickets to pay for the holiday, but i can't see it myself imo, i would be cancelling the holiday and going to the game if it was me.

Could it be another scam by the nice folk from G4S or the tickets could be coming from another source who are able to purchase amounts of tickets at a time.

Aldo
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I contacted the club last nite after seeing the ad. They contacted me this morning and told me they had been removed.

If its true and the numbers of the tickets had been obtained then surely the club ( should they get these numbers) should take action against the tout??

Makaveli
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
It's not always as straightforward as "ban the guy who used his ST to buy them." What if he passed them on and someone else is touting? Unlikely at this early stage (TBH highly unlikely) but you get the idea.

Last year I had an extra ticket and sold it at face value to someone on here. What if they'd then put it on gumtree and someone reported the row/seat to Hibs?

Aldo
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
It's not always as straightforward as "ban the guy who used his ST to buy them." What if he passed them on and someone else is touting? Unlikely at this early stage (TBH highly unlikely) but you get the idea.

Last year I had an extra ticket and sold it at face value to someone on here. What if they'd then put it on gumtree and someone reported the row/seat to Hibs?

Yip could happen however on Gumtree the day after (or day) they were bought. 6. they've queued bought them and wanged them up for sale at the earliest opportunity if you ask me.

My opinion mind.

DH1875
03-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Maybe if it were one or two but six of them :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Then I believe under Hib's terms you are responsible

cocopops1875
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Not saying its right, but lets say its a father and his 2 kids who have season tickets and are going away for the final, he has decided to use (his right) to buy 6 tickets and try and make some money off it, is that any more unethical than someone selling a freebie or corporate ticket ?
As I have said before everyone who is "entitled" will get one and those willing to do their bit in a line will get one in the public sale.
In essence the boy has provided a service and is reaping the rewards

shezer
07-05-2013, 02:07 PM
More of it

Sean1875
07-05-2013, 02:14 PM
More of it

Really dont understand why a ST holder would wait 6 hours in a queue to then go and deny other Hibs fans a ticket by selling them online. Sickening to think decent fans who have been waiting their whole lives to see a Hibs captain lift the SC might miss out because **** like this choose to sell on tickets at a profit to the highest bidder.

PerfectlyFranck
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
More of it

Can admin not delete these links please?

You've effectively just advertised their ad before they get removed! :bitchy:

sidjames
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I have bought tickets from touts before, wembley 96 springs to mind :rolleyes:, and the Britannia stadium for a Bon Jovi concert. :greengrin

You have to pay to get in:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
More of it

Just replied to him and also reported it.

Total joke.

PerfectlyFranck
07-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Just replied to him and also reported it.

Total joke.

I thought I would join in. Told him and said I was reporting - he said he didn't know etc. everyone is doing it, etc. he'll remove it immediately.

Using a work email, he has continued trying to sell me the tickets.
ST holders are not, I hope the original touter and this chap lose their tickets without refund.

The club should come down harder on them when emailed links, in my opinion.

heretoday
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM

Someone must have felt incredibly sorry for him.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm really pleased with this thread.

I was going to sell all my extras on Gumtree, but I'll just stick to eBay. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I really find it hard to believe that 6 ST holders have all decided to give up there tickets for the biggest game of this season and the chance to see there club win that cup for say £100+, it just doesn't make sense, not unless they have all booked a holiday on the same date as the game and are looking to sell the tickets to pay for the holiday, but i can't see it myself imo, i would be cancelling the holiday and going to the game if it was me.

Could it be another scam by the nice folk from G4S or the tickets could be coming from another source who are able to purchase amounts of tickets at a time.

Maybe 6 ST holders renewed and bought 12 tickets. As we all know they can only use 6 of them so thought "I'm entitled to the so i'm having them" and now they're hawking them to the highest bidder.

What's wrong with that? The club didn't specify that if you buy more tickets than you can use that you should ensure these are passed onto someone worthy. Did they?

H18sry
07-05-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm really pleased with this thread.

I was going to sell all my extras on Gumtree, but I'll just stick to eBay. :agree:

:fishin:

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
[/B]

You have to pay to get in:greengrin

The daft bit about this was, we were driving down to Stoke and i asked my girlfriend at the time to check what time the doors opened.

She got the tickets out of her bag and looked at them, she then asked me why it said Gateshead on the tickets not Stoke Britannia stadium? :confused: We'd only bought tickets for the wrong gig, and that gig was the night before. :greengrin

What we did though, was we managed to sell those tickets to a tout who never looked at them. We walked off very quickly and disappeared into the crowds. We then bought 2 new tickets from another tout and got in, it cost us an extra £10 instead of £50 if my memory is correct. :greengrin

silverhibee
07-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Maybe 6 ST holders renewed and bought 12 tickets. As we all know they can only use 6 of them so thought "I'm entitled to the so i'm having them" and now they're hawking them to the highest bidder.

What's wrong with that? The club didn't specify that if you buy more tickets than you can use that you should ensure these are passed onto someone worthy. Did they?

Never thought of them getting 12, but they will still be going to the game and have decided to punt the other 6, it's up to them what they do with them i suppose, if someone wants to pay over the top and can afford it it's up to them, i would probably pay over the top to get a ticket if i wasn't a ST holder and missed out if there was a public sale, as a Hibs fan it is not a game you want to miss.

Beefster
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Can you guys stop doing crazy bids on eBay and reporting cup final tickets to Gumtree please? I've got a family holiday to pay for.

PerfectlyFranck
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Never thought of them getting 12, but they will still be going to the game and have decided to punt the other 6, it's up to them what they do with them i suppose, if someone wants to pay over the top and can afford it it's up to them, i would probably pay over the top to get a ticket if i wasn't a ST holder and missed out if there was a public sale, as a Hibs fan it is not a game you want to miss.

I'd have stripped the ST holders of all of their tickets for the final without a refund.

It's illegal and I think the club should be coming down hard on online touters. Removing ads is hardly going to stop touters.
Taking away touters cup final tickets without refund will sort them out good and proper. :cb

I hope they all get banned from the final at the very least.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Ticket touts are very useful when you're looking for that much sought after ticket for what ever event it may be. Supply and demand, if people are happy to use them then so be it. As for it being illegal, so is smoking at a football match and driving whilst using a mobile but I bet plenty of folk on here do both.

DH1875
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Ticket touts are very useful when you're looking for that much sought after ticket for what ever event it may be. Supply and demand, if people are happy to use them then so be it. As for it being illegal, so is smoking at a football match and driving whilst using a mobile but I bet plenty of folk on here do both.

Smoking at a football match isn't illegal :confused:. Hampden park and at least 5 other SPL grounds have an area within their grounds where you are allowed a smoke.

lEXO
07-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Charging other Hibs fans a ridiculous price or even worse selling them to celtic fans is a disgrace. A season ticket holder was trying to sell 6 west stand tickets for£1200 on gumtree. It makes a mockery of the system and will ruin it for those of us who do renew early regardless and take a walk up mate who is struggling for a ticket. That is what I and many others will be doing. The Hibs family eh!

Hermit Crab
07-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Just seen a gumtree add. Someone selling 4 tickets for 60 bar each.

hibee
07-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Is there really that much of a demand this year for some of these prices to be achieved, I could have bought 10 tickets but only bought 8 and nobody has asked me if I have any spare this time around, last season everyone was asking and talking about the game.

shezer
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Edinburgh or Glasgow?

DH1875
07-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Charging other Hibs fans a ridiculous price or even worse selling them to celtic fans is a disgrace. A season ticket holder was trying to sell 6 west stand tickets for£1200 on gumtree. It makes a mockery of the system and will ruin it for those of us who do renew early regardless and take a walk up mate who is struggling for a ticket. That is what I and many others will be doing. The Hibs family eh!

I'll tell you what's worse though. The guy who gives a ticket to his jambo mate/family member just so that they can enjoy the day out.

NOLA
08-05-2013, 12:50 AM

That's not a bad price, as long as its sensible, no harm in selling a ticket which otherwise might go to waste

Bahrain Hibee
08-05-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm coming back from Australia for the final and I would snap up a couple of final tickets for 60 pounds each.
I had a look on gumtree but could not see the seller! :confused:
Anyone got a link?
If I have no luck with this I'll just have to try my luck in the public sale.
If anyone has tickets (2) for sale I would be happy to pay their asking price so long as it is reasonable :wink:

Pete
08-05-2013, 03:13 AM
Selling tickets for above face value is bang out of order in my opinion. It's part of the conditions of sale for a good reason. If you are entitled to a spare but don't need it then why take it? If people have let you down then pass it on for face vale!

I understand people will be desperate to see the match and will offer silly money but that's only encouraging the touting.

The Hibees Bounce have got their teeth into this and quite right too. There is a thread for naming and shaming the touts who post these tickets on gumtree and ebay. There is also a facility for reporting details via email and the club will eventually be told. It will no doubt go mad once the general sale is finished but the more we do to stop it the better.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-05-2013, 05:21 AM

Well that would have been quite ironic given your username ;)

Onion
08-05-2013, 06:04 AM
That's not a bad price, as long as its sensible, no harm in selling a ticket which otherwise might go to waste

If you don't need it don't buy it. If you buy and don't need it return it to the club to put on sale at FV.

marinello59
08-05-2013, 06:09 AM
I'm coming back from Australia for the final and I would snap up a couple of final tickets for 60 pounds each.
Anyone got a link?
If anyone has tickets (2) for sale I would be happy to pay their asking price so long as it is reasonable :wink:

If anybody contacts you through here offering you tickets it should be for face value or less.

Onion
08-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Selling tickets for above face value is bang out of order in my opinion. It's part of the conditions of sale for a good reason. If you are entitled to a spare but don't need it then why take it? If people have let you down then pass it on for face vale!

I understand people will be desperate to see the match and will offer silly money but that's only encouraging the touting.

The Hibees Bounce have got their teeth into this and quite right too. There is a thread for naming and shaming the touts who post these tickets on gumtree and ebay. There is also a facility for reporting details via email and the club will eventually be told. It will no doubt go mad once the general sale is finished but the more we do to stop it the better.

Agree with this. Another real problem is that there will be many more Celtic fans looking for tickets than Hibs fans. If the touts (Hibs fans?) cannot shift them, they will find there way across the M8 to Celtic fans who will pay the price. If/when Celtic score you'll see pockets of Celtic fans popping up in Hibs sections, because of these greedy people. They put us all at risk of trouble and probably won't be at the match themselves. Makes a complete mockery of Hibs' attempts to ensure that tickets end up in Hibs fans hands.

The polis should be interested in these people !

patch1875
08-05-2013, 06:21 AM
I paid over the odds last year ain't doing it again if I can't get one happy enough to watch it on the telly.

Onion
08-05-2013, 06:22 AM
If anybody contacts you through here offering you tickets it should be for face value or less.

Hibs should have registered the names of all ticket holders (not just STs on the system) and banned the re-sale of CF tickets. A return/buy-back scheme should have been put in place, so spares could have been recycled to named fans. If any Celtic fans get these tickets, the seat numbers should be taken, club informed and the Hibs fans who bought them - banned from ER and future games. Simple, hammer them.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Anyone got a link?

I typed in cup final and that's what cane up. On gumtree Edinburgh I think

lucky
08-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Ripping fans off on cup final tickets happens every year its what these parasites do. But that's what happens in a capitalist society profit before people. If tickets fall into Celtic fans hands it has the potential to lead to serious trouble as a lot of the Hibs support will have been drinking

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Smoking at a football match isn't illegal :confused:. Hampden park and at least 5 other SPL grounds have an area within their grounds where you are allowed a smoke.

In the stands!

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone got a link?

I reported it to the HibeesBounce 'stopthetouts' email which is then reported to Hibs.

I then reported the ad on Gumtree and sent Gumtree an email complaining that they weren't reacting quickly enough.
They removed it soon after I got a reply! :aok:

If you can't purchase a ticket for face value, they shouldn't be selling and people shouldn't be buying.
It just encourages people to tout in the future. So far, it has been dealt with decently.

I don't know if .net has a 'need a ticket' list but the Bounce has a thread for people to put their name down.
Then people with spares come on the site and give them to people on the list and as many tickets are found for the people as possible!
It worked very well last season.

Bahrain Hibee
08-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Cheers mon dieu, i'll Get on the bounce thread!

Onion
08-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Ripping fans off on cup final tickets happens every year its what these parasites do. But that's what happens in a capitalist society profit before people. If tickets fall into Celtic fans hands it has the potential to lead to serious trouble as a lot of the Hibs support will have been drinking

Agreed. Segregation at this match is essential. God help any Celtic fans who buy tickets in Hibs end as there will be a lot of drunken loonies looking for a fight. Touts and Hibs fans who pass their tickets onto unknowns will be the route cause.

DH1875
08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
In the stands!

In your seat NO. Within the stadium grounds, Yes. Take Hampden for example, you are allowed to smoke at the back of the whole of the East stand.

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 10:23 AM
In your seat NO. Within the stadium grounds, Yes. Take Hampden for example, you are allowed to smoke at the back of the whole of the East stand.

But not the West South or the North.

DH1875
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM

But not the West South or the North.

Never said you could. I just said areas/sections :wink:.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Equally sad, are the replies once they are told that they've been reported to the club...

'I didn't know what a touter was until yesterday' - most common

'I can do what I like, they're my tickets' - the first answer, replaced by the one above when reported.

and my personal favourite...

'All of the money was going to go to a local charity'

If the club needed someone to monitor and rescind all of the touters' tickets, I'd do the job for free.
Something really irks me about people that do this - even if it wasn't illegal, I'd still be as irritated.

yeezus.
08-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Equally sad, are the replies once they are told that they've been reported to the club...

'I didn't know what a touter was until yesterday' - most common

'I can do what I like, they're my tickets' - the first answer, replaced by the one above when reported.

and my personal favourite...

'All of the money was going to go to a local charity'

If the club needed someone to monitor and rescind all of the touters' tickets, I'd do the job for free.
Something really irks me about people that do this - even if it wasn't illegal, I'd still be as irritated.

Your spot on! :agree: My mate couldn't make the Cup final last year and I advertised his ticket on here (face value) and it was a breath of fresh air to see other Hibby's doing the same.

Ross4356
08-05-2013, 12:22 PM
I paid £100 last year for mine and was delighted when I got it, hold no grudge against the guy and thank him for what he did. Will do the same this year if I need to

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
I paid £100 last year for mine and was delighted when I got it, hold no grudge against the guy and thank him for what he did. Will do the same this year if I need to

PM me his details please.

I need a… erm… ticket. :wink:

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I find eBay and gumtree far too easy for hoax bids, however putting the word out at the golf club you have spares works wonders

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I find eBay and gumtree far too easy for hoax bids, however putting the word out at the golf club you have spares works wonders

I need a ticket… What are your details?! :thumbsup:

All the club need to start doing is issuing statements or actually hitting someone with a ban or take their tickets off a touter and it'll help kill a lot of touters afraid of losing their own tickets. If you're serious, I hope you lose your tickets too. :aok:

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

All the club need to start doing is issuing statements or actually hitting someone with a ban or take their tickets off a touter and it'll help kill a lot of touters afraid of losing their own tickets. If you're serious, I hope you lose your tickets too. :aok:

Why haven't the club issued a statement so far. ?

hibIBZ
08-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Was thinking if you bought a ticket from a pod then got drawn in the ballot, presented your winning ticket and bought 2 for the final, you could do tho without a client reference number, leaving the club with no idea who has them

Aldo
08-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Agree with this. Another real problem is that there will be many more Celtic fans looking for tickets than Hibs fans. If the touts (Hibs fans?) cannot shift them, they will find there way across the M8 to Celtic fans who will pay the price. If/when Celtic score you'll see pockets of Celtic fans popping up in Hibs sections, because of these greedy people. They put us all at risk of trouble and probably won't be at the match themselves. Makes a complete mockery of Hibs' attempts to ensure that tickets end up in Hibs fans hands.

The polis should be interested in these people !

This happened in 2001 and let's just say there were a few sore faces hitting about. Guys wearing Scotland tops at an all green final.

Polis were told and we were told to DO ONE. A bit later they had to go in and pick up the pieces.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Someone whose ad I replied to has been sending pretty abusive texts and won't stop calling so...

If that's anyone reading this, you're number is with the club now as well as the police.

:aok:

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if you hope I lose them, And whether I'm at the noise up or not fact is fact I'm entitled to 2 tickets as could anyone be. There are a few ways to ensure a ticket even for overseas Hibees, so all this mock outrage and fake bids crap and phoning the club wasting staff who could be doing something useful's time seems a bit daft. Enjoy the crusade

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Someone whose ad I replied to has been sending pretty abusive texts and won't stop calling so...

If that's anyone reading this, you're number is with the club now as well as the police.

What are the club and Police saying about this. :aok:

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if you hope I lose them, And whether I'm at the noise up or not fact is fact I'm entitled to 2 tickets as could anyone be. There are a few ways to ensure a ticket even for overseas Hibees, so all this mock outrage and fake bids crap and phoning the club wasting staff who could be doing something useful's time seems a bit daft. Enjoy the crusade

What are the club and Police saying about this. :aok:

You two seem to like going against the grain in the threads I've read on here.
I don't understand why you would openly admit and be fine with breaking the law and ripping off fans but so be it.
At least don't reply to every other post that is trying to stop the illegal activity taking place.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2013, 01:40 PM

I know all of that, I was making a point about it being illegal to smoke but ignored.

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't understand why you would openly admit and be fine with breaking the law and ripping off fans but so be it.
At least don't reply to every other post that is trying to stop the illegal activity taking place.

I look forward to the reports of you and the police's 1st bust in the Evening News, "After a few days of moaning to the Police and Ticket Office Mon Dieu Gets his man".
I would like to think it will get put below serious crimes and incidents that warrant my tax £££s being used.

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I look forward to the reports of you and the police's 1st bust in the Evening News, "After a few days of moaning to the Police and Ticket Office Mon Dieu Gets arrested for wasting Police time.
I would like to think it will get put below serious crimes and incidents that warrant my tax £££s being used.

Fixed that for you. :aok:

Pete
08-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think touting is illegal. You're just breaching some terms. Either way you make the ticket null and void in the eyes of the body who issued the ticket.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2013, 02:33 PM
I do have to say, if i did not have a ticket and could not get one through the official ways, i'd buy one from a tout.

Thats not to say i agree with paying over the odds, but if this was the only way i could get to Hampden on the 26th of may, then i'd be paying a tout.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't think touting is illegal. You're just breaching some terms. Either way you make the ticket null and void in the eyes of the body who issued the ticket.

It is for football tickets in the UK. :agree:

Aldo
08-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Look it happens at every major event. I'm no happy with it and reported a twat on Gumtree within a few hours of them going on sale.

What I will say is that if they want to do it and get caught them so be it. There are websites selling some of the tickets for £150. This will never ever change.

Your getting too caught up in it all. Chill before you give yursel a heart attack??

Problem you have is unless its dozens upon dozens of tickets the police wouldn't do much as it won't be in the interest of public justice to carry out that sort of enquiry. (Loads and loads of hours and resources that for me will never get sorted)

The club would be your best bet but would need the details of the tickets etc??

Let it go... Report to club if you wish but at this time I would be very surprised if the police took an interest.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2013, 02:38 PM

Is it against the law to re-sell concert tickets on the secondary market?
Under UK law, it is not illegal to re-sell tickets for concerts, although a street-trading license is required by law in order to sell items on a street corner. In addition, it is sometimes possible for a concert promoter to bring civil proceedings against someone reselling a ticket, but this does not often happen in practice.
Ticket touting and football
Touts will often try to sell tickets outside football grounds at inflated prices. However, resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.
However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket. Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.

If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

Aldo
08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Is it against the law to re-sell concert tickets on the secondary market?
Under UK law, it is not illegal to re-sell tickets for concerts, although a street-trading license is required by law in order to sell items on a street corner. In addition, it is sometimes possible for a concert promoter to bring civil proceedings against someone reselling a ticket, but this does not often happen in practice.
Ticket touting and football
Touts will often try to sell tickets outside football grounds at inflated prices. However, resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.
However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket. Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.

If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

Good bit of work there Scouse however just thought of this

Section 55 of the Civic Governent (Scotland) Act 1982

(1)Any person who—

(a)in a public place—

(i)touts for the purpose of selling or advertising anything or otherwise obtaining custom so as to give any other person reasonable cause for annoyance; or

(ii)importunes any other person for that purpose so as to give that, or any other, person reasonable cause for annoyance; and

(b)fails to desist when required to do so by a constable in uniform,

shall be guilty of an offence and liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding [F1level 2 on the standard scale].
Annotations:

The main part being annoyance and fails to desist (ie stop) even if caught he/she gets warned to disappear but if caught again they get detained/arrested

Onion
08-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Couple of us could have bought 2 tickets each, but just stuck to the one as that's how many we need, expecting the other 2 to get added to the general sale. Now with people trying to flog them above FV for pure profit, I wished we'd just picked up the extras tickets and offered them at FV to suppress the price and help a Hibby or two. Frankly, the thought of Hibs ST holders profiteering from other Hibbies predicament makes me sick to the stomach.

Part of the problem is the delay in getting to the general sale and the uncertainty of how many will be available, so people are panicking.

Could still go back and buy the 2 extras, but we wouldn't trust anyone not to sell them on. Double whammy !

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Couple of us could have bought 2 tickets each, but just stuck to the one as that's how many we need, expecting the other 2 to get added to the general sale. Now with people trying to flog them above FV for pure profit, I wished we'd just picked up the extras tickets and offered them at FV to suppress the price and help a Hibby or two. Frankly, the thought of Hibs ST holders profiteering from other Hibbies predicament makes me sick to the stomach.

Part of the problem is the delay in getting to the general sale and the uncertainty of how many will be available, so people are panicking.

Could still go back and buy the 2 extras, but we wouldn't trust anyone not to sell them on. Double whammy !

As I pointed out to someone else, the Bounce have a ticket scheme that is trying to get ST holders' spares to regulars or people on the 'need a ticket' list. I don't know if .net have one too but either one might find a good Hibbie! :not worth

Pete
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
As I pointed out to someone else, the Bounce have a ticket scheme that is trying to get ST holders' spares to regulars or people on the 'need a ticket' list. I don't know if .net have one too but either one might find a good Hibbie! :not worth

One will appear after the general sale surely.

I don't really see the need for one before that.

marinello59
08-05-2013, 03:15 PM

:agree:
That's generally what happens here and it has worked well in the past.

pontius pilate
08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I will wait and see if there is a general sale and then panic. I am not going to pay over inflated prices just to line another persons pocket

Beefster
08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
It is for football tickets in the UK. :agree:

So, technically, is selling a cup final ticket, at face value, to other Hibees. I presume you object to that too?

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Who say's that these tickets are coming from ST holders.

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM

They could also just buy a ST and that will get them a ticket for the final. :aok:

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Who say's that these tickets are coming from ST holders.

The touters themselves! :aok:

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 03:28 PM
They could also just buy a ST and that will get them a ticket for the final. :aok:

That they could, it's still a great scheme for people unable/unwilling to pay for STs.

Despite being sorted, I'll be trying to purchase tickets specifically for the scheme as a form of thanks for their work last year.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 03:31 PM

Apologies then. Sorry, I didn't know how it was worked on .net

I think it worked very well last season and I hope it goes just as well.

Pete
08-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Just thinking...

One might work at this stage in the PM forum though.

The element of trust would certainly be there.

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
That they could, it's still a great scheme for people unable/unwilling to pay for STs.

Despite being sorted, I'll be trying to purchase tickets specifically for the scheme as a form of thanks for their work last year.
So rather than let fans stand in line and get a ticket themselves you will go down buy a couple and hand them over so someone can decide someone is worthy of it on a forum ? Baffling

Beefster
08-05-2013, 04:06 PM

I'd argue that if someone is 'unwilling' to pay for a ST, they don't deserve a cup final ticket.

Pete
08-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Apologies then. Sorry, I didn't know how it was worked on .net
I think it worked very well last season and I hope it goes just as well.

I think the bounce is a bit different in that a lot of people know each other or have met before.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
The club were offering hospitality packages including travel and a meal for £200 if anyone desperately wants to go but can't spend £400 on an ST. As far as I'm aware they're still available.

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 04:33 PM

And you think folk unwilling to buy a ST deserve a ticket for the final. :rolleyes: :aok:

hibeemikey21
08-05-2013, 04:54 PM
On my way into hampden last year, I saw one guy get really aggressive and up in the face of a guy who was in the middle of selling a ticket to another hibee for over the odds!

I know touting is a bit low, but I had never realised how angry it makes some folk! Certainly won't be trying it any time soon!

lEXO
08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll tell you what's worse though. The guy who gives a ticket to his jambo mate/family member just so that they can enjoy the day out.Without a doubt. Surely most of us know someone who is struggling for a ticket and can help them out rather than give it to a non Hibs fan. I cannae get my head round that

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 05:33 PM
So rather than let fans stand in line and get a ticket themselves you will go down buy a couple and hand them over so someone can decide someone is worthy of it on a forum ? Baffling
I didn't say that, that's a load of rubbish. It's more a case of what peter douglas has pointed out in the post below.

I'd argue that if someone is 'unwilling' to pay for a ST, they don't deserve a cup final ticket.
I suppose a lot of factors can come into play. Only free on particular days being a major one.
I wouldn't say they don't deserve a cup final ticket at all if that's what you're suggesting.

I think the bounce is a bit different in that a lot of people know each other or have met before.
Fair point, that's where I intend any extra tickets to go to.

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I didn't say that, that's a load of rubbish. It's more a case of what peter douglas has pointed out in the post below.

I suppose a lot of factors can come into play. Only free on particular days being a major one.
I wouldn't say they don't deserve a cup final ticket at all if that's what you're suggesting.

Fair point, that's where I intend any extra tickets to go to.
So again why won't you leave it to people who are willing to stand in line to get tickets ? Why are you getting involved ?

Sect43
08-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Some boy named RyanB trying to flog one on our forum for the West abd wants £50. Disgusting asking a fellow Hibby for more than face value.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
So again why won't you leave it to people who are willing to stand in line to get tickets ? Why are you getting involved ?
As I have already said, it's one of the few ways I thought of thanking the Bounce for what they did last year.
I'd rather help get tickets to the fans that the scheme intends to get them to than others anyways.

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 06:12 PM
As I have already said, it's one of the few ways I thought of thanking the Bounce for what they did last year.
I'd rather help get tickets to the fans that the scheme intends to get them to than others anyways.

By doing folk that are willing to stand in line out of tickets ? No very Hibs class that

silverhibee
08-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Is that folk unwilling to buy a ST or even stand in the queue themselfs, you really are a night in shining armour so you are, wonder why. :hmmm: :aok:

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Is that folk unwilling to buy a ST or even stand in the queue themselfs, you really are a night in shining armour so you are, wonder why. :hmmm: :aok:

Fans abroad too, relocated Hibs fans, fans that work away or are unable to queue or get tickets otherwise with their schedule, etc.

Be an arse about it though. That's always a great way to go - you've done it in every post I've seen from you so why stop now! :aok:

lEXO
08-05-2013, 06:25 PM
By doing folk that are willing to stand in line out of tickets ? No very Hibs class that I would say the opposite to be honest. An admin on the bounce sorted me out with a spare for my mate who is a walk up and might struggle. At least they are going to Hibs fans and folk they know rather than stick them up on gumtree to some random.

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 06:26 PM
By doing folk that are willing to stand in line out of tickets ? No very Hibs class that

As opposed to your reference to ticket touting.

I know that they'll be going to people that 'deserve' a ticket. The scheme is 100% Hibs Class. As with the other chap, why stop now etc. etc. with your posts! :aok:

Beefster
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Kicks for Kids. Give money to Hibs, donate STs to kids who couldn't get to Easter Road otherwise and be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

The Hibernians. Give money to Hibs youth and be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

There are plenty of ways to help the club out and get priority for a cup final ticket. There are more ways to not give money to the club and then moan about how unfair it is that they can't get a cup final ticket though.

cocopops1875
08-05-2013, 06:58 PM
As opposed to your reference to ticket touting.

I know that they'll be going to people that 'deserve' a ticket. The scheme is 100% Hibs Class. As with the other chap, why stop now etc. etc. with your posts! :aok:
In what way do they deserve them ? And on your overseas point kicks for kids would get them a ticket

shezer
08-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Someone is getting a bargain :greengrin
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Ticket/130904504073?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=68328&cmd=ViewItem

Pete
08-05-2013, 08:48 PM
B8 row ZZ seat 195.

That's not worth any more than £1000

Aldo
08-05-2013, 08:51 PM
B8 row ZZ seat 195.

Mmmmm £30 quid or £1020 and there's still a bit to go.... Bargain defo to be had. Mon folk get bidding

shezer
08-05-2013, 08:53 PM
B8 row ZZ seat 195.

:tee hee:

I disagree.There is a toilet within 500 metres...Location location location

VickMackie
08-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Tubby by any chance? Brother of Keith?

Haha aye. Big Liddell.

PerfectlyFranck
14-05-2013, 01:34 PM
From the Bounce:

Someone on Twitter called Stevenhfc1875 or hibernianfans is apparently selling tickets above face value.

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 01:37 PM
From the Bounce:

Someone on Twitter called Stevenhfc1875 or hibernianfans is apparently selling tickets above face value.

I just posted this. Absolute joke! Get them banned.

wearethehibs
14-05-2013, 01:41 PM
"I have a spare ticket for Hampden. Will sell to the highest bidder, I think this is a fair way to do it. Bidding starts at £30 which is what I paid (+ booking fee). It's an adult ticket in section B8, row JJ, seat 200."

Post from that tread that was deleted. Nice of the guy to post his seat number. A wee report to Hibs might see him banned from the final

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Haha aye. Big Liddell.

Aye thought so. He's on my twitter know them well. I told him he was bang out of order. Never heard back :greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
14-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Nice one, the club will no doubt be inundated with messages but they reply quickly to touting links.

14-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I thinks its an absolute disgrace that people try to rip off fellow fans. Was the same last year as well, I mind there was a ticket on ebay (don't know if it was for the hearts end or hibs end) that was going for nearly £800!!! Its ****ing ridiculous and disgusting ripping off good honest supporters who just want to go and support the team.

Pete
14-05-2013, 01:48 PM
"I have a spare ticket for Hampden. Will sell to the highest bidder, I think this is a fair way to do it. Bidding starts at £30 which is what I paid (+ booking fee). It's an adult ticket in section B8, row JJ, seat 200."

Post from that tread that was deleted. Nice of the guy to post his seat number. A wee report to Hibs might see him banned from the final

Sounded like a wind up.

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I thinks its an absolute disgrace that people try to rip off fellow fans. Was the same last year as well, I mind there was a ticket on ebay (don't know if it was for the hearts end or hibs end) that was going for nearly £800!!! Its ****ing ridiculous and disgusting ripping off good honest supporters who just want to go and support the team.

It wasn't.

PerfectlyFranck
14-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Sounded like a wind up.

They posted a picture of the tickets in the online basket, with the confirmation email being sent at the bottom.
Sounds like they got rattled and are trying to make excuses.

Club has their ticket references now anyways! :aok:

iwasthere1972
14-05-2013, 01:56 PM

It's an absolute disgrace. A couple of youngsters were trying to sell two tickets outside the east stand at the final last year for a hundred pounds each. This was about 10 minutes before kick off. We had our tickets but I took the opportu ity of telling them exactly what I thought of them. Hope they were left with them. Complete tossers.

Pete
14-05-2013, 01:57 PM
They posted a picture of the tickets in the online basket, with the confirmation email being sent at the bottom.

****ing hammer them!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 01:59 PM

That could have been me who bid the £800, i was outbid for a while but managed to get it for £120k. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Someone is getting a bargain :greengrin
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Ticket/130904504073?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=68328&cmd=ViewItem

Like how he added I'm not a ticket tout. Aye sure.

Beefster
14-05-2013, 02:02 PM
It's an absolute disgrace. A couple of youngsters were trying to sell two tickets outside the east stand at the final last year for a hundred pounds each. This was about 10 minutes before kick off. We had our tickets but I took the opportu ity of telling them exactly what I thought of them. Hope they were left with them. Complete tossers.

I bet someone could have gotten them down to £80 each with a bit of effort.

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Anyone who is caught ticket touting for this game should be banned from ER for life. No real Hibs fan would rip off another to make a swift profit. My old man can't make it and I sold mine for £28 the price I bought it for. Name and shame every last one of the money grabbing *******s.

markom127
14-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Im selling mine, £1000

Nah only joking, if you offered me that id tell you to get tae and walk straight into hampden!:flag:

iwasthere1972
14-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I bet someone could have gotten them down to £80 each with a bit of effort.

Half an hour later then you could have got them both for the price of a hot dog. :greengrin

DH1875
14-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Think I don't get about ticket touts and the law is how come when you look online there's offical websites that can charge double, and more for tickets. I'm not just talking about the final but football in general. How'd these site's get away with it. Shut them down :bsod:.

givescotlandfreedom
14-05-2013, 02:22 PM

AlbertK86
14-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Unbelievable.

I didn't get tickets today as I was at a meeting that I couldn't get out of and my laddie despite trying constantly on phone and online didnt get through.

Same last year.. the phones and online sales were a shambles.

I have no problem in the season ticket holders being looked after first but then when it comes to public sale and the mad scramble I then object when I find out that there are tickets being offered on this livefootballtickets site and at least two others sites whilst real fans miss out.

So much for Hibs looking after their own fans. Surely there must be a better way of stopping the touts getting them and making a killing from the fans.

I am e-mailing Hibs to alert them but am effin ragin.

Before everybody starts shouting that I should get a season ticket I am not in a position to fork out when I can't make it every week due to both work and coaching commitments.

I have been to between 15 - 20 games this season including all the cup games, various away games and am now absolutely spewin that I ain't going unless I win a pair in the ballot for Dundee game. Even then if I only get two there will be a dilemma in which one of my kids gets to come with me

hibeedonald
14-05-2013, 05:58 PM
If Hibs were to buy the ticket for £109, could they not use the seat number on it and find out who was responsible for this?

shezer
14-05-2013, 06:04 PM
£109 is a bargain :devil: Those tickets were on sale before the ST holders got the chance to buy from the club.I wouldn't trust that site at all

gorgie greens
18-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Some knob of a Hibby is trying to sell his spare ticket on eBay,at £30 the now,will make an account up and add a couple of zeros on the end

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2013, 10:53 PM
£30s lower than face value so is this an issue?

gorgie greens
18-05-2013, 10:57 PM
It is when it's got concession on it,and it's not a buy now,it's to fleece money out of guys who are desperate to watch the final

trev the hat
18-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Bid, bid and bid again shameful !!!

cocopops1875
18-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Bored

Pete
18-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Bored

Why are you bored?

Bedtime maybe?

Pete
18-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Bid, bid and bid again shameful !!!

You'll need to go high to secure it!

Touting ****. So glad we can highlight and stop ***** like this.

manx hibee
18-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Some knob of a Hibby is trying to sell his spare ticket on eBay,at £30 the now,will make an account up and add a couple of zeros on the end

Can't believe some people 😡😡
heres what happened to me today knock at the door postie with my special delivery (tkt for final)
in the envelope is another 2 tkts for someone in Edinburgh what would you do ??
KARMA RULES GGTTH

cocopops1875
18-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Why are you bored?

Bedtime maybe?

Pages and pages of this *hite, get a life.
I assure you 100% if you are entitled to a ticket you will have one

cocopops1875
18-05-2013, 11:28 PM
You'll need to go high to secure it!

Touting ****. So glad we can highlight and stop ***** like this.

All good really I would just sell to the last sensible bid pretty sure they would want it

Pete
18-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Pages and pages of this *hite, get a life.
I assure you 100% if you are entitled to a ticket you will have one

It seems to me that those with spare tickets are trying to rip people off.

It's not only immoral, it's also illegal.

Why the **** does it bother you so much if people are trying to stop this going on? If you don't care then leave those who do to get on with it.

cocopops1875
18-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Just bored of the moral crusaders, giving it the big one. Buy a season book, kicks for kids or a Hibernians membership and get a cup final ticket, simple really

Cabbage East
18-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Just bored of the moral crusaders, giving it the big one. Buy a season book, kicks for kids or a Hibernians membership and get a cup final ticket, simple really

Congratulations on completely missing the point.

Pete
18-05-2013, 11:52 PM

I understand that there were plenty of opportunities but what if you didn't buy any of those things? You're now at the mercy of touts who only care about making money out of people's desperation.

Good on the moral crusaders I say and I hope "giving it the big one" becomes more and more common on sites like this if it means the touts find it more difficult.

...and these ebay touts are just thick. The amount of mistakes they make is laughable and they deserve to be outed for their stupidity alone.

Buy it now for £x, sold within minutes!

DH1875
19-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Plenty for sale on gumtree after today. One joker is after £150 for a West stand ticket :faf:. Muppet.

Pete
19-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Plenty for sale on gumtree after today. One joker is after £150 for a West stand ticket :faf:. Muppet.

It's no joke as a Celtic fan would probably pay that.

Megan from Roslin has been good enough to leave her phone number if anyone want's to pay twice the face value for a Hibernian ticket.

DH1875
19-05-2013, 12:35 AM
It is when it's got concession on it,and it's not a buy now,it's to fleece money out of guys who are desperate to watch the final

All the tickets have concession wrote on them :confused:. I'd double check it's not an adults ticket before ripping into the guy. £30 is a good price once you factor in the booking fee and postage costs the guy might have paid.

DH1875
19-05-2013, 12:37 AM

Megan from Roslin has been good enough to leave her phone number if anyone want's to pay twice the face value for a Hibernian ticket.

Don't think there's much demand for tickets TBH. I know a celtic fan who was selling a hibs ticket for £50.

Pete
19-05-2013, 12:46 AM
All the tickets have concession wrote on them :confused:. I'd double check it's not an adults ticket before ripping into the guy. £30 is a good price once you factor in the booking fee and postage costs the guy might have paid.

True. The ones for the west have this.

I almost shat myself when I saw it.:greengrin

Pete
19-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Don't think there's much demand for tickets TBH. I know a celtic fan who was selling a hibs ticket for £50.

Still too much and hopefully the jokers won't have the platform to even achieve that online.

I think last years match had a higher demand but it opened peoples eyes. People are trying it on again and hopefully they get the collective GTF!

Hermit Crab
19-05-2013, 01:07 AM

Anyone willing to pay that would surely attempt to get one in the home end first.

Hermit Crab
19-05-2013, 01:10 AM

Where does show named etc?

Pete
19-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Where does show named etc?

Beside the phone number.

"megan on 079760**866"

I've been kind in taking out Doyle's number.

Hermit Crab
19-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Beside the phone number.

"megan on 079760**866"

I've been kind in taking out Doyle's number.

Not on the mobile version obviously.

Pete
19-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Not on the mobile version obviously.

stick in "cup final" in gumtree edinburgh on your mobile and it's the fourth one down.

cocopops1875
19-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Congratulations on completely missing the point.

Pretty sure I have not missed any point

Pete
19-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Pretty sure I have not missed any point

You might not have missed any but you're choosing to ignore several for some strange reason.

cocopops1875
19-05-2013, 05:32 AM
You might not have missed any but you're choosing to ignore several for some strange reason.

What points am I choosing to ignore ?

Pete
19-05-2013, 05:42 AM
What points am I choosing to ignore ?

It's immoral

It's illegal

Im not really sure what point your argument is based on.

cocopops1875
19-05-2013, 06:06 AM
As I have said for pages I agree with the fact it's illegal, however immoral would depend on an individuals morals, I can say that I've fractured a law or two in my life so who am I to judge someone for something so small.
I have family who want tickets and may or may not get them but they seem to accept that they have no "right" to a ticket and may well buy from a tout should nothing come up (they have also tried all 3 ballot games with no joy).
Summing up there will always be people who provide this "service" and as with any service you need to pay a premium I would pay a tout but then I don't need to as I contribute to my club.
Moral outrage makes me laugh " let those who are without sin cast the first stone "

Pete
19-05-2013, 06:36 AM
As I have said for pages I agree with the fact it's illegal, however immoral would depend on an individuals morals, I can say that I've fractured a law or two in my life so who am I to judge someone for something so small.
I have family who want tickets and may or may not get them but they seem to accept that they have no "right" to a ticket and may well buy from a tout should nothing come up (they have also tried all 3 ballot games with no joy).
Summing up there will always be people who provide this "service" and as with any service you need to pay a premium I would pay a tout but then I don't need to as I contribute to my club.
Moral outrage makes me laugh " let those who are without sin cast the first stone "

I get where you are coming from.

The mistake I made was thinking you had some sort of credible argument in favour of touting.

cocopops1875
19-05-2013, 07:09 AM
I get where you are coming from.

The mistake I made was thinking you had some sort of credible argument in favour of touting.

Again not saying I think it's right and wouldn't do it myself but with anything that's hard to come by if you want it you have to pay for it, or you wait and see if one comes up

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I love the moral outrage some football fans show towards tickets being sold over face value, yet most of them would pay over the odds or what they consider it is worth for pretty much anything else in life that they desperately wanted to own/obtain. If you don't like touts then fair enough but for some people they are the answer.

Beefster
19-05-2013, 07:29 AM
It seems to me that those with spare tickets are trying to rip people off.

It's not only immoral, it's also illegal.

Why the **** does it bother you so much if people are trying to stop this going on? If you don't care then leave those who do to get on with it.

It's immoral

It's illegal

Im not really sure what point your argument is based on.

Selling at face value is illegal yet you seem to be encouraging that. Basically, you've set yourself up as some sort of moral arbiter.

Pete
19-05-2013, 07:33 AM
I love the moral outrage some football fans show towards tickets being sold over face value, yet most of them would pay over the odds or what they consider it is worth for pretty much anything else in life that they desperately wanted to own/obtain. If you don't like touts then fair enough but for some people they are the answer.

You know its illegal.

I've learned that fact and understood why in a matter of days.

All this "providing a service" crap is a load of nonsense!

People provide cheap cars that have clearly been stolen. Hey, that's ok as there's a market!

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2013, 07:40 AM
You know its illegal.

People provide cheap cars that have clearly been stolen. Hey, that's ok as there's a market!

:faf: that's just brilliant.

cocopops1875
19-05-2013, 07:56 AM
You know its illegal.

To be fair how else would I have been able to afford my BMW ?
And you haven't given your thoughts on the legality of selling at face value yet ?

Albanian Hibs
19-05-2013, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=peter douglas;3609281]stick in "cup final" in gumtree edinburgh on your mobile and it's the fourth one

Looks like it has been removed?

TornadoHibby
19-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Serves you right then!! :greengrin :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Serves you right then!! :greengrin :wink:

I enjoyed it, i thought they were very good. :greengrin