PDA

View Full Version : Final ticket distribution

Pages : [1] 2

PatHead
14-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Assuming Hibs get 20,000 tickets. First call to season ticket holders, I assume 2 each. With 8,000 season tickets it is going to be awful tight. In all seriousness what is the fairest distribution?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I have 4 on order, there was a box you had to tick when ordering your semi tickets, in the event of Hibs reaching the final.

Taz_hibee
14-04-2013, 03:40 PM
2 tickets per ST

Hibby70
14-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Be same as last year. St holders only getting one each for 12/13 and 13/14 season tickets.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Will we get an even allocation, yes? Or will celtic get slightly more?

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Be same as last year. St holders only getting one each for 12/13 and 13/14 season tickets.

Agree and the fairest way IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Unlimited for ST holders. I've pre-ordered 9500

LioNeilMessi
14-04-2013, 03:44 PM
It will be 1 per season ticket (one with this seasons and one with nexts).

The Tubs
14-04-2013, 03:52 PM
The 40 or so folk who bought Hibs TV Xtra half season tickets also get some kind of preference.

zlatan
14-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I left after half an hour yesterday so Hibs actually owe me 60 minutes.

007 Mickey Weir
14-04-2013, 04:02 PM
1 For ST 12/13 (8000)
1 for ST 13/14 (8000)

Would leave about 5/6000 to public sale. They need to sell a 3 game package to last 3 games to go into a draw for 2000 off those.

Rest sell as normal.

joe breezy
14-04-2013, 04:06 PM
1 for Hibernians as well after the STs :agree:

Brightside
14-04-2013, 04:08 PM
2 for ST holders, then 1 for anyone else who was at the semi and didnt leave during the first half... its only far. :aok:

HH81
14-04-2013, 04:09 PM
I have 4 on order, there was a box you had to tick when ordering your semi tickets, in the event of Hibs reaching the final.

I got my 10 sorted too and they are been delivered with a signed football, good touch.

rcarter1
14-04-2013, 04:14 PM
After which a Hibometer will be used to assess individuals on a case by case basis. Factors this device will pick up on are

a) depressive or bipolar tendancies - that or an inability to stop smiling (a la Cushings disease).

b) snarl factor when greeted in Swahilli

c) the number of random Hibs results you can remember over the last 50 years. For example what was the score when Hibs played St Mirren at Easter road 1991, in the 90/91 season.

d) The number of minutes attended at yesterdays semi final will be used in tight decisions.

hibeesjoe
14-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Does a kids season ticket let you get any ticket or just a concession?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I got my 10 sorted too and they are been delivered with a signed football, good touch.

:thumbsup: Are you on the open top bus too?

HH81
14-04-2013, 04:17 PM
:thumbsup: Are you on the open top bus too?

Yes but I luckly got the last seats upper front. Think your downstairs?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Yes but I luckly got the last seats upper front. Think your downstairs?

Not bothered, just happy to be on it. :greengrin

Onion
14-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Nice try but still prefer my idea of splitting tickets into 1st and 2nd sittings ie first 30 mins at 1/3rd normal price and next 60 mins at 2/3rd price. Part-timers and those of weak constitution will then be asked to vacate their seat at 0-3 to Celtic, leaving poor Uberfans, masochists and the rest of us to cheer the lads on to a Griffith last minute winner.

HH81
14-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Not bothered, just happy to be on it. :greengrin

Yes guess were very lucky... :-)

Stringer
14-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Prawn Sarnies :wink:

HH81
14-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Prawn Sarnies :wink:

Only on the bus. Cake too.

JennaFletcher
14-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Last year, how quickly did the gen sale sell out? Was anyone able on database to purchase any amount of tickets they wanted?

Purehibee_MYB
14-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Last year, how quickly did the gen sale sell out? Was anyone able on database to purchase any amount of tickets they wanted?

I'm not sure if I was just lucky, but I found it relatively easy, got 2 online after a bit of a wait. Less of a stress this year for me at least as I've already got my season ticket, can't say the same for my brother.

Beefster
14-04-2013, 06:02 PM
There better not be a public sale before my granny, Mum, Auntie Ethel and Mrs Beefster have theirs. None of them have missed a cup final since 2004 (which all of them missed - it was £10k big prize day at the bingo).

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2013, 06:15 PM
The facial recognition system that Hibs installed at the beginning of the season will ensure all regular attendees of Easter Road get a ticket, that's the fairest way.

FranckSuzy
14-04-2013, 06:22 PM
The facial recognition system that Hibs installed at the beginning of the season will ensure all regular attendees of Easter Road get a ticket, that's the fairest way.

:agree: It was used at Hampden at FT as well, so only those who stayed till the end will get a cup final ticket. Sorry :na na:

southfieldhibby
14-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Club members,hibernians and shareholders will get preference before any public sale

FranckSuzy
14-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Club members,hibernians and shareholders will get preference before any public sale

IIRC, this wasn't the case last year. My brother is a shareholder and went down the hospitality route so as to be guaranteed a ticket as he lives overseas.

FranckSuzy
14-04-2013, 06:29 PM

Pretty damn quick :greengrin Then Hibs organised the draw for those who bought Dunfermline tickets.

The Green Goblin
14-04-2013, 06:31 PM
The 40 or so folk who bought Hibs TV Xtra half season tickets also get some kind of preference.

You are right - but I think the number of half season tickets sold was around 63 or more. A decent number and bodes well for selling full season tickets next year.

AlbertK86
14-04-2013, 07:00 PM
I do not have a season ticket due to work and coaching commitments but my son, daughter and I have been to plenty of games this season and the seasons before including yesterday's rollercoaster!!

Last years public sale was a shambles I had two laptops my house and mobiles all trying to connect and failed to get through.

Luckily with two days to go before the game I sourced tickets for my laddie and I

I feel that after ST and shareholders have their allocation those at yesterday's semi should get next priority before a general sale ... Especially after what we suffered yesterday and on that fateful day last May.

As previously mentioned a package for the remaining league games and cup final is also an option that I would definitely take up.

Hopefully the board treat the fans who suffered yesterday fairly

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Assuming Hibs get 20,000 tickets. First call to season ticket holders, I assume 2 each. With 8,000 season tickets it is going to be awful tight. In all seriousness what is the fairest distribution?

What? ..... 12,000 tickets for hospitality and hingers on .... ah deh think sae ...... 23,000 tae us & the smellies, still leaves 6,000 for the suits & celebs.

And by the way ... it doesnt matter if we get 2,000 at home & they get 2,000, 000 if we can sell 23,000 ( nae bother ) then thats what we should get ....... finals are played at a neutral venue for a reason & that should also mean a 50/50 crowd split if at all possible and in this case that is totally possible.

cwilliamson85
14-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I think season tickets (for current season) should get 1. Then season tickets (for next season) should get 1.

Once these have been sorted people with a semi final ticket should get 1 (if you fall into the catagories above (season / new season ticket) then you forfeit your semi final option.

The rest go to a general sale.

HiBremian
14-04-2013, 07:12 PM
You are right - but I think the number of half season tickets sold was around 63 or more. A decent number and bodes well for selling full season tickets next year.

The H.I.B.S. 63 :-)

Be nice if we could meet up before the final.

cwilliamson85
14-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Also with the hassle of last years public sale why can't you queue at the ticket office anymore and buy tickets in person?

AlbertK86
14-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Also with the hassle of last years public sale why can't you queue at the ticket office anymore and buy tickets in person?

Totally agree - Good shout

Onion
14-04-2013, 07:34 PM
IMHO there will be plenty tickets for those that want go, irrespective of how Hibs distribute. Last May, our last 5 months' performances, the fact that it's Celtic and we'll be massive underdogs will keep thousands of fair-weather Hibs fans at home, thinking we will get horsed by Celtic. Matches against the OF are never "family friendly" occasions, they tend to be the reserve of the more hardened Hibs fan. See no reason for anyone to panic about getting a ticket - there will be plenty to go around. We should be more concerned about Celtic fans sitting in Hibs areas - just as they did in 2003.

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I think season tickets (for current season) should get 1. Then season tickets (for next season) should get 1.

Once these have been sorted people with a semi final ticket should get 1 (if you fall into the catagories above (season / new season ticket) then you forfeit your semi final option.

Why should people with a semi ticket get preference? There may be some who went yesterday, who have not set foot in ER all season, so that would be unfair on ER walk up attendees IMO

cwilliamson85
14-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Why should people with a semi ticket get preference? There may be some who went yesterday, who have not set foot in ER all season, so that would be unfair on ER walk up attendees IMO

People who sat through yesterday's game (and stayed till the end) are one of the main reasons we are in the final. Without the support I am sure the team would not have comeback the way it did.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 07:48 PM
People who sat through yesterday's game (and stayed till the end) are one of the main reasons we are in the final. Without the support I am sure the team would not have comeback the way it did.

I agree that the ones who stayed definitely helped the team, but I know lots of people who went yesterday, who have only been to 1/2 games this season

marinello59
14-04-2013, 07:51 PM

We will be talking about that game for decades. It's one of those occasions that only football can provide and the feeling at the end? That was the reward.

leithsansiro
14-04-2013, 07:56 PM
I left after half an hour yesterday so Hibs actually owe me 60 minutes.

Technically, they owe you extra time too...:wink:

ozzie
14-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Once these have been sorted people with a semi final ticket should get 1 (if youo fall into the catagories above (season / new season ticket) then you forfeit your semi final
option.

Not sure how that would work tbh, st could get as many as they wanted for semi so all the tickets would be in there name and there would be nothing to stop all st giving there stubs to others. If a st got 10 semi tickets there is no way of hibs knowing which one was for them.

Gatecrasher
14-04-2013, 08:08 PM
see the I deserve a ticket because..... posts have started already. Hibs have avenues open to those who want to support the club to get themselves a ticket if those are not taken then thats the chance you take. IMO i hope Hibs take the same approach as last year and milk it as much as they can.

Spike Mandela
14-04-2013, 08:12 PM
If only we would stop getting to these pesky semis and finals, it causes nothing but trouble.:wink::cb

zlatan
14-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Technically, they owe you extra time too...:wink:

You're absolutely right. Free ticket for the final for me, plus I should get 1 extra for stress related compensation. Do you want to be my +1?

Reaper
14-04-2013, 08:22 PM
see the I deserve a ticket because..... posts have started already. Hibs have avenues open to those who want to support the club to get themselves a ticket if those are not taken then thats the chance you take. IMO i hope Hibs take the same approach as last year and milk it as much as they can.

Couldnt agree more. ST holders should only get one as they only have one ST. Hibs shud try n sell ST's for next year and then reward members n Hibernians etc. That will encourage folk to buy these things in the future. Thats what all good clubs do.....they cash in where they can and get folk spending money..........PSG didnt sign a 37 year old global superstar just for what he does on the pitch!

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Couldnt agree more. ST holders should only get one as they only have one ST. Hibs shud try n sell ST's for next year and then reward members n Hibernians etc. That will encourage folk to buy these things in the future. Thats what all good clubs do.....they cash in where they can and get folk spending money..........PSG didnt sign a 37 year old global superstar just for what he does on the pitch!

Season ticket holders will only get 1 each for this season. However if they have renewed then can then get 2, 1 for this and next season. Seems fair to me

Nakedmanoncrack
14-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Here's how it was done last year, dont see any reason why it would change this time:

Season Ticket Member Priority Sales
Season Ticket Members will have an exclusive period between Monday 23 April and 5pm Saturday 5 May to apply to purchase tickets.

Season Ticket Members from this season (2011/12) can purchase 1 ticket each.

Season Ticket Members for next season (2012/13) can purchase 1 ticket each.

Existing 11/12 Season Ticket Members who have renewed for season 12/13 can therefore purchase 2 tickets.

marinello59
14-04-2013, 08:37 PM

It makes a change from the usual only a mug would buy a season ticket 'cos they're no worth it threads.

Reaper
14-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Season ticket holders will only get 1 each for this season. However if they have renewed then can then get 2, 1 for this and next season. Seems fair to me

Yeah thats what I was meaning. For Hibs to use it to sell STs for next year. Good oppurtunity for the club.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah thats what I was meaning. For Hibs to use it to sell STs for next year. Good oppurtunity for the club.

It helped grow our season ticket base for this season

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Daft question but I assume you can purchase on behalf of the child season ticket you hold as well as the adult to ensure you get two seats together

Mikey
14-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Daft question but I assume you can purchase on behalf of the child season ticket you hold as well as the adult to ensure you get two seats together

Yes.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Child STs have some purchasing power as adult ones.

Hiber-nation
14-04-2013, 09:06 PM
What? ..... 12,000 tickets for hospitality and hingers on .... ah deh think sae ...... 23,000 tae us & the smellies, still leaves 6,000 for the suits & celebs.

And by the way ... it doesnt matter if we get 2,000 at home & they get 2,000, 000 if we can sell 23,000 ( nae bother ) then thats what we should get ....... finals are played at a neutral venue for a reason & that should also mean a 50/50 crowd split if at all possible and in this case that is totally possible.

We got 20,000 last year so we should get the same this year.

grammyb111
14-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I hope they do it the same kind of way as last year, was fair and a good way for Hibs to earn some more cash.

1 for this season's STs
1 for next season's STs
1 for Members etc (can't remember what schemes they have in place)
Anyone buying a bulk ticket for all the home games from now till end of the season will be entered into a draw for a ticket (in actual fact they would say it's some kind of draw, but in all likelihood if you bought this you'd get a ticket)
General sale (if there were any left)

Child season tickets should only be able to buy a child ticket, it's a farce that the FF lower is practically sold out for season tickets yet is half empty on a Saturday. All those people who bought a child ST to guarantee a final ticket last year, I applaud your ingenuity but that loophole ought to be closed (or at least give the tickets into local schools or something so they're actually used).

007 Mickey Weir
14-04-2013, 09:27 PM
What is the Hibernians?

joe breezy
14-04-2013, 09:38 PM
What is the Hibernians?

A supporters association that gives money to Hibs youth system

To join you new to pay at least £20 a month, I joined this season as I live in Essex so season ticket not practical an still wanted to support the club especially after Sevco situation

jgl07
14-04-2013, 09:56 PM
IMHO there will be plenty tickets for those that want go, irrespective of how Hibs distribute. Last May, our last 5 months' performances, the fact that it's Celtic and we'll be massive underdogs will keep thousands of fair-weather Hibs fans at home, thinking we will get horsed by Celtic. Matches against the OF are never "family friendly" occasions, they tend to be the reserve of the more hardened Hibs fan. See no reason for anyone to panic about getting a ticket - there will be plenty to go around. We should be more concerned about Celtic fans sitting in Hibs areas - just as they did in 2003.

You mean the final between Rangers and Dundee? I think you mean 2001.

Celtic have nothing like the support that they had in the Martin O'Neill era despite the official 'attendance' figures published. I agree it will be less hassle getting a ticket than previous years.

The strange thing was the the match I had the most trouble getting tickets for was the final against Livingston when Hibs had 40,000 plus there.

Beefster
14-04-2013, 09:58 PM

The folk who go to lots of PATG games contribute way more to the club.

After everyone who contributes to the club on an agreed, regular basis (ie ST holders and Hibernians members), everyone else should be treated the same. None of this "I attended one big game so should get priority for another big game" nonsense.

grammyb111
14-04-2013, 10:30 PM
The folk who go to lots of PATG games contribute way more to the club.

After everyone who contributes to the club on an agreed, regular basis (ie ST holders and Hibernians members), everyone else should be treated the same. None of this "I attended one big game so should get priority for another big game" nonsense.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 11:24 PM
2 for ST holders, then 1 for anyone else who was at the semi and didnt leave during the first half... its only far. :aok:

What if. You're a season ticket holder who left early?

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 11:27 PM

Utter pish. So a halftime bollocking, subs and a change of formation had nothing to do with it??

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:35 AM

Nope nope nope. Where you getting this from.
I posted on a thread a few months back re tickets and that some folk couldn't afford a ST for one way or another (work money) but went to loads if games and PATG.

From day one of the new season people should be given some sort of rewards card for attending these games and at the end if the season if we make a final then those with the most points, after ST etc should get first dibs on tickets.

Not this turn up at one game before the end of the season and get a voucher... Any left after these guys have got tickets they go on general sale.

My opinion mind.

marinello59
15-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Nope nope nope. Where you getting this from.
I posted on a thread a few months back re tickets and that some folk couldn't afford a ST for one way or another (work money) but went to loads if games and PATG.From day one of the new season people should be given some sort of rewards card for attending these games and at the end if the season if we make a final then those with the most points, after ST etc should get first dibs on tickets.

Not this turn up at one game before the end of the season and get a voucher... Any left after these guys have got tickets they go on general sale.

My opinion mind.

Surely if they are going to loads of games they can afford a Season ticket? Or am I missing something? It's not as if we have to pay a lump sum up front any more, the interest free payment plan makes it pretty much affordable for everybody. You could say that it isn't worth the money to those who can't make every single game but the ticketing priority is one of the benefits that helps to compensate for that. It's a simple and cheap way of administering things.

Aldo
15-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Surely if they are going to loads of games they can afford a Season ticket? Or am I missing something? It's not as if we have to pay a lump sum up front any more, the interest free payment plan makes it pretty much affordable for everybody. You could say that it isn't worth the money to those who can't make every single game but the ticketing priority is one of the benefits that helps to compensate for that. It's a simple and cheap way of administering things.

Will re phrase that M59... Say they can only get to half the games etc work/family/ finance ... Get my drift... Changed days now with the payment plan etc.

What happens if this person has been to say 9 or so games at ER and then cannot make the package games as has been mentioned.

Is that fair???

Reaper
15-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Will re phrase that M59... Say they can only get to half the games etc work/family/ finance ... Get my drift... Changed days now with the payment plan etc.

What happens if this person has been to say 9 or so games at ER and then cannot make the package games as has been mentioned.

Is that fair???

I think last years distribution process was as fair as the club could make it. They are obliged to look after ST holders as their main source of immediate income. They used it to try and boost ST sales for the following season and they rewarded people who bought scheme tickets like Membership and Hibernians etc. If you cant afford a ST you could always have bought a scheme ticket. What I would say is whether you agree or disagree with it we all know at the start of the season that no matter how many times you PATG it wont guaruantee you a ticket for a instance such as this. I do like you loyalty card idea, however, if they put a points system in place everyone maystop buying a ST if they knew that say paying for 15 games would guaruantee a ticket????? Just my opinion.

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 09:26 AM

I'm a season ticket holder and I left at half time I've already renewed for next season so I'm expecting 2 tickets

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Same as last year please.

Most got tickets and it seemed reasonably fair to me.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Any chance that Hibs will do a half-ticket for the final. You know who you are. :greengrin

GreenCastle
15-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Same as last year makes sense :agree: seems everyone who wanted to get one got one and if your really desperate and want to guarantee a ticket - get yourself a ST now for next year now!

However I have said for years Hibs should do a loyalty scheme like they have at Boots / Tesco etc. Everything you purchase you get a certain number of points for - would make things so much easier although the cost always seems to be brought up when mentioning this scheme.

Surely couldn't be that expensive to put into place :confused:

Rod never misses a chance to get some extra cash in so I would expect a deal to be announced for the remaining home games left - 3 tickets more chance to win in prize draw - 2 tickets - less chance - 1 ticket - least chance etc.

marinello59
15-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Is that fair???

The only system that is fair is the one that matches our own personal circumstances.:greengrin
If the club want to maximise income from reaching the final by providing an incentive to attend our last three league games then fair or not, it's worthwhile. We all knew the score at the start of the season regarding priority.
If some sort of loyalty scheme can be out in place for future seasons that is cost effective then I am all for it. It should involve some degree of upfront commitment though.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm a season ticket holder and I left at half time I've already renewed for next season so I'm expecting 2 tickets

As am I.

GordonHFC
15-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Hows about one big giant game of musical chairs where the last 20,000 sitting get a ticket. Can't see a fairer way than that to be honest.

Bristolhibby
15-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Is it internet only now for general sale or is there a hotline?

Have I heard right that there is no queuing at the ground anymore?

After being a member last year (Why did they stop that?), I am now in with the masses this year.

Cheers

J

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 10:42 AM
The only system that is fair is the one that matches our own personal circumstances.:greengrin
If the club want to maximise income from reaching the final by providing an incentive to attend our last three league games then fair or not, it's worthwhile. We all knew the score at the start of the season regarding priority.
If some sort of loyalty scheme can be out in place for future seasons that is cost effective then I am all for it. It should involve some degree of upfront commitment though.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Is it internet only now for general sale or is there a hotline?

Have I heard right that there is no queuing at the ground anymore?

After being a member last year (Why did they stop that?), I am now in with the masses this year.

Cheers

J

Not true. Tickets can be purchased at Easter rd club shop or the ticket office. Always been the case. I don't recall there ever being a telephone or online sales only for Hibs tickets.

The_Sauz
15-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I think the fairest way to distribute the tickets for the final are as follows:

Season Ticket holders with a Hibs.Net private membership 2 tickets + a pie & hot beverage (complements of Mikey :greengrin)
Season Ticket holders without a Hibs.Net private membership 1 ticket
Season Ticket holders 1 ticket

Hearts fans get a free trip to Burntisland with a chance (should Hibs win the cup) to take a free bungee Jump from the Forth bridge with a rope made with paper-chains :greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I think the fairest way to distribute the tickets for the final are as follows:

Season Ticket holders with a Hibs.Net private membership 2 tickets + a pie & hot beverage (complements of Mickey :greengrin)
Season Ticket holders without a Hibs.Net private membership 1 ticket
Season Ticket holders 1 ticket

Hearts fans get a free trip to Burntisland with a chance (should Hibs win the cup) to take a free bungee Jump from the Forth bridge with a rope made with paper-chains :greengrin

You'll have to get your pie from Mikey in the first 30 mins though or.you will miss out.

The_Sauz
15-04-2013, 11:47 AM
You'll have to get your pie from Mikey in the first 30 mins though or.you will miss out.

He should be handing them out as we enter the stadium:grr:

Beefster
15-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Not true. Tickets can be purchased at Easter rd club shop or the ticket office. Always been the case. I don't recall there ever being a telephone or online sales only for Hibs tickets.

I thought last year's cup final public sale was telephone and Internet only?

Edit: it was.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120508/cup-final-ticket-sale_2262950_2764394

DH1875
15-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Dont know why they didnt do the membership this year. Makes perfect sence for fans who can't make it to ER every game. I dont think just showing up for the semi should get you a ticket. What if its the only game you've been to all year. I had people with me who havent been to a game all year, should they get a ticket before someone who has been 10 or 20 games this season?
I've said this before but I think it's a factor and might not go down well, Can see it being harder to get a ticket this year because half the glory hunters out there were in the other end.

markom127
15-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Evening News says the support is 50/50 and hibs will get the west, north, and south stands

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Dont know why they didnt do the membership this year. Makes perfect sence for fans who can't make it to ER every game. I dont think just showing up for the semi should get you a ticket. What if its the only game you've been to all year. I had people with me who havent been to a game all year, should they get a ticket before someone who has been 10 or 20 games this season?
I've said this before but I think it's a factor and might not go down well, Can see it being harder to get a ticket this year because half the glory hunters out there were in the other end.

I hear what you are saying, it makes me laugh when the EEN runs a story saying Hibs fans face ticket scramble....We will get 22,000 tickets, yet average roughly 10k in home gates.......Where exactly do the extra 12k go on matchdays (yes I know some work, have money issues etc, but 12k?)

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I hear what you are saying, it makes me laugh when the EEN runs a story saying Hibs fans face ticket scramble....We will get 22,000 tickets, yet average roughly 10k in home gates.......Where exactly do the extra 12k go on matchdays (yes I know some work, have money issues etc, but 12k?)

Yup

jabis
15-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Utter pish. So a halftime bollocking, subs and a change of formation had nothing to do with it??

WE are a team.

jabis
15-04-2013, 08:25 PM

As am I.

I'ts the smug vibes that get me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 08:41 PM

I think it was all ST holders that left. The fair weather guys all stayed to back the team.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I think it was all ST holders that left. The fair weather guys all stayed to back the team.

Yeah. Disgraceful eh, they should forfeit their right to a cup final ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah. Disgraceful eh, they should forfeit their right to a cup final ticket.

Harsh. I'd limit them to the one they can actually use though.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:04 PM
ST holders are the life blood of the club so only right they are rewarded.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Harsh. I'd limit them to the one they can actually use though.

Why do you have such a bee in your bunnet about season tickets holders getting 2 tickets? They always have got at least 2 for big matches.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Why do you have such a bee in your bunnet about season tickets holders getting 2 tickets? They always have got at least 2 for big matches.

Why should ST holders decide who can go to the final?

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:14 PM

They don't. It's the club who decide how the tickets are allocated to fans.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Because we are superuberdoopersuperfans

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:18 PM
They don't. It's the club who decide how the tickets are allocated to fans.

They're delegating it to some ST holders.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:19 PM

You're at the lash

PatHead
16-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Would anyone disagree with a second tier of priority, after seasons, being given to anyone who attends the next 3 home games after pre-purchasing a group block.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Would anyone disagree with a second tier of priority, after seasons, being given to anyone who attends the next 3 home games after pre-purchasing a group block.

Thats fair enough but some people might have been to a lot more games than those 3 and cannot make them ones. Unforunatly there has to be a point when there is a cutoff to allocation.

The first fair thing is Seasont tickets after that maybe other schemes fans have been paying into after that whats a good idea for you isnt for me or other way round. I do not think we can start singling out matches from now on in.

Sts are rewarded and thereafter the public sale which I will be in, I have schemes that would suit me but not others the only fair thing is STs and then the best of luck for me an rest of us.

PatHead
16-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Thats fair enough but some people might have been to a lot more games than those 3 and cannot make them ones. Unforunatly there has to be a point when there is a cutoff to allocation.

The first fair thing is Seasont tickets after that maybe other schemes fans have been paying into after that whats a good idea for you isnt for me or other way round. I do not think we can start singling out matches from now on in.

Sts are rewarded and thereafter the public sale which I will be in, I have schemes that would suit me but not others the only fair thing is STs and then the best of luck for me an rest of us.

I understand your feelings and always have a reservation about folk that went to the semi getting priority for the same reason but if you could make say 2 games would you be willing to effectively pay £23 to guarantee a ticket? Gives Hibs a great chance to make money.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I understand your feelings and always have a reservation about folk that went to the semi getting priority for the same reason but if you could make say 2 games would you be willing to effectively pay £23 to guarantee a ticket? Gives Hibs a great chance to make money.

There is nothing wrong with what you are saying and Hibs would make money but some folk who have been to a lot of games might be unable to make those ones you state and IMO there are lots of issues when ceratin matches are selected for things, it would suit me and if Hibs did it great but I think it is as whole for season unfair a bit. Somebody could have gone to 2 games and get a ticket v somebody who couldnt make these later games struggles but went to plenty, we have all these little things that will pop up no matter what club do with schemes like this it will be good for some and annoy others.

I think club should do the ST holders and any other scheme that is ongoing and that will IMO leave a good shout to the rest of us of a few 1000.

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 10:52 AM

I think that sort of thing should be used as an incentive. It would reward regular walk ups who are probably going to these games anyway. Any scheme needs a bit of thought as there will be no doubt that Celtc fans will be desperate for tickets and some will try and get tickets for the Hibs end.

Beefster
16-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Quite right. My Auntie Ethel has better things to do that spend hours on the phone trying to get a ticket.

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 11:52 AM
All speculation until club confirms. Hampden has a 52000 capacity. Think for these sort of games each club usually gets the chance to shift 20k each with the rest going to SFA member clubs, sponsors etc with any of these which are left over going to either of the clubs who need extra tickets.

In this case each club will shift 20k no problem. With regard to Hibs, really depends what the board decide to do. If season ticket holders get two tickets then that takes care of 17k of the 20k? By the time other club schemes are catered for, it does not leave much room for a public sale.

I'm not sure if season tickets holders deserve two tickets; there are arguments for and against. On one hand it serves as an extra bit of loyalty for their support on the other it may mean that many loyal non ST fans miss out as folk getting an ST holder's second ticket may not be massive Hibs fans if they are fans at all.

Perhaps the club could think about the following:-

Priority Group 1 - Season Ticket Holders (12/13 and 13/14) and those who have committed to other schemes - one ticket per person
Priority Group 2 - Non season ticket holders who were at semi
Priority Group 3 - Some sort of package linked to buying tickets for the reamining three home games of the season.

Doing something along the lines of no 3 would surely boost the coffers at games which folk (esp walk up fans) may ordinarily give a miss given there is not a lot at stake in the league now.

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 11:59 AM
BTW, what was the reason there was no linked in incentive with attending the remaining home fixtures last season and any sort of priority on a cup final ticket?

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I think that sort of thing should be used as an incentive. It would reward regular walk ups who are probably going to these games anyway. Any scheme needs a bit of thought as there will be no doubt that Celtc fans will be desperate for tickets and some will try and get tickets for the Hibs end.

Judging by the response here, some Hibs fans will be desperate enough to try and obtain tickets for the Celtic end, as I did in the last cup final between the sides. Four of us were there, and judging by the groans/apathy behind me when the Celtic goals went in, there were a few more.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 12:00 PM
BTW, what was the reason there was no linked in incentive with attending the remaining home fixtures last season and any sort of priority on a cup final ticket?

If my memory serve me right, we didn't have too many homes games after the semi and before the final, but I could be wrong!

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 12:02 PM
All speculation until club confirms. Hampden has a 52000 capacity. Think for these sort of games each club usually gets the chance to shift 20k each with the rest going to SFA member clubs, sponsors etc with any of these which are left over going to either of the clubs who need extra tickets.

In this case each club will shift 20k no problem. With regard to Hibs, really depends what the board decide to do. If season ticket holders get two tickets then that takes care of 17k of the 20k? By the time other club schemes are catered for, it does not leave much room for a public sale.

I'm not sure if season tickets holders deserve two tickets; there are arguments for and against. On one hand it serves as an extra bit of loyalty for their support on the other it may mean that many loyal non ST fans miss out as folk getting an ST holder's second ticket may not be massive Hibs fans if they are fans at all.

Priority Group 1 - Season Ticket Holders (12/13 and 13/14) and those who have committed to other schemes - one ticket per person
Priority Group 3 - Some sort of package linked to buying tickets for the reamining three home games of the season.

Doing something along the lines of no 3 would surely boost the coffers at games which folk (esp walk up fans) may ordinarily give a miss given there is not a lot at stake in the league now.

Some good idea's, but don't think point 2 should be a priority at all!

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Are you saying a season ticket holder for both this and next season would get the same as someone rocking up at the semi final for tehir first time ever?

Personally would have 3 before 2 in your model.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 12:07 PM

These are all fair enough on surface Group 1 100% agree
Groups 2/3 on surface fair enough but we are jumping from Group 1 priority basically people who have spent a few hundred on a ST and therefore been to probably at least every home game to groups 2/3 getting a priority having in group 2s case possibly attending 1 match. All good schemes but could be unfair to folk in other circumstance.

I think it is fair to leave it as group 1 all the rest general sale, you could have been to lots of matches as walk up but were on holiday or are going to be. Hibs could maybe have had a points teer system linked to customer number but again there are folk that have been to a lot of away games and maybe less homes.

I have usually found from being on here for years that most people who go to the games that do not have an ST like me will be ok, I do not disagree with your ideas being good btw. I am not saying this from a pov of knowing somebody who will get me ticket as it stands I will be on phone or in queue with 1000s of others and will need to see how it goes.

I have been in a situation without an ST having attended most of a season home and away I cant fully remember but maybe we got to a final and Hibs decided to reward fans whom went to a certain home game they would get a priority, I couldnt attend that match so it did feel unfair I cannot remember if it was for Livi final.

I would still rather join queue with somebody whom hasnt been to see Hibs and only interested in these games with 4/5k tickets up for grabs than it being diluted then diluted again with priority schemes that may still not be truly fair and join queue with somebody only interested in these matches and have 1/2k tickets up for grabs.

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Judging by the response here, some Hibs fans will be desperate enough to try and obtain tickets for the Celtic end, as I did in the last cup final between the sides. Four of us were there, and judging by the groans/apathy behind me when the Celtic goals went in, there were a few more.

How did you manage to get 4 tickets for the Celtic end? Back then they were genuinely filling a 60,000 capacity Celtic Park and had about 51,000 season ticket holders.

jonty
16-04-2013, 12:22 PM
How did you manage to get 4 tickets for the Celtic end? Back then they were genuinely filling a 60,000 capacity Celtic Park and had about 51,000 season ticket holders.
He put his name down like all the other 51,000 ST holders? :dunno: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2013, 12:45 PM

It's a rather uplifting story!

My Hibs-daft friend, who had business interests in Ireland, had an associate who was an ST holder at Parkhead. This Celtic chap was the leader of a syndicate who held a large batch of Celtic season tickets, on behalf of a mixed and alternating group of people in Ireland who would come across to Parkhead for occasional trips, usually on some kind of rota.

I'm not sure whether my friend had somehow managed to pass himself of as a Celtic fan in this guys eyes, or simply become an entrusted pal, but he volunteered to take on responsibility for distributing four of the tickets. He kept one for himself, and instead of distributing the others amongst the Celtic syndicate, sent the other three back to me in Edinburgh!

There was a bit of a shock reaction, when the four of us, decked out in Hibs gear, arrived at the game and took our seats alongside about a dozen Celtic fans, most of them from Ireland. The expression on his Celtic chum's face was a picture, but my pal simply poo-pooed it, brushing it off as a misunderstanding. His Celtic buddy accepted it with good grace at the time, but they fell out for a spell later, when the boys back in Ireland (who assumed they'd been disappointed as their tickets had gone to other Celtic fans), learned that we had obtained their briefs!

As it was, we had no hassle at the game - though that was probably due to the score.

Killiehibbie
16-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Judging by the response here, some Hibs fans will be desperate enough to try and obtain tickets for the Celtic end, as I did in the last cup final between the sides. Four of us were there, and judging by the groans/apathy behind me when the Celtic goals went in, there were a few more.I spent most of the first half in the celtic end of the south upper then made my way through to our end.

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Are you saying a season ticket holder for both this and next season would get the same as someone rocking up at the semi final for tehir first time ever?

Personally would have 3 before 2 in your model.

No, I am saying ST holders are rightly first in line then non-ST holders who were at the semi. Singling out non-ST holders as any ST holder would get priority regardless of whether they were at semi or not.

Reason I think non STs who were at semi deserve priority over folk who buy a package for the final three games is that they took the time and £ to go to Hampden to support their team before it was even in a final. Those who buy a ticket package are most likely only doing so to get the chance to go to the final.

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2013, 02:37 PM
No, I am saying ST holders are rightly first in line then non-ST holders who were at the semi. Singling out non-ST holders as any ST holder would get priority regardless of whether they were at semi or not.

Reason I think non STs who were at semi deserve priority over folk who buy a package for the final three games is that they took the time and £ to go to Hampden to support their team before it was even in a final. Those who buy a ticket package are most likely only doing so to get the chance to go to the final.

The semi final horse has left the stable. They didn't tell people to keep stubs or track who purchased the tickets which were available in unlimited quantities.

The package idea, on the other hand, rewards walk ups and would be a nice little earner. I'm an irregular walk up, been to 9 games at ER so far this season, bought 23 (I think) tickets for me and my 2 sons, a Hibs Kids membership and 2 strips. Total spend must be £400+ by now. I accept ST holders committing the full season's worth of cash up front deserve first dibs but I think if there's a way to reward other contributors next that also helps the club's income, then why not?

hibIBZ
16-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Reason I think non STs who were at semi deserve priority over folk who buy a package for the final three games is that they took the time and £ to go to Hampden to support
their team before it was even in a final. Those who buy a ticket package are most likely only doing so to get the chance to go to the final.

if we get 20000 for the final and there was 18000+ at the semi how would we get any where near your model having enough tickets bearing in mind people would get a ticket with their st for next season

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Yeah but are you not saying that season ticket holders (both this and next season) would only get one the exact same as some random person turning up for their first ever game last Saturday.

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah but are you not saying that season ticket holders (both this and next season) would only get one the exact same as some random person turning up for their first ever game last Saturday.

Was just a suggestion. Did say earlier that there are arguments for and against ST holders getting two tickets.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 02:57 PM

My sister was at the semi and probably couldn't find ER if asked.

Does she deserve priority? There isn't a chance in hell sh will be getting near a ticket from me if ST holders get 2.

marinello59
16-04-2013, 02:59 PM
My sister was at the semi and probably couldn't find ER if asked.

Does she deserve priority? There isn't a chance in hell sh will be getting near a ticket from me if ST holders get 2.

That's impossible to answer without a picture. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 03:10 PM

Hibs should be rewarding ST holders who put there hands in there pocket after last season and stuck by the club this season.

Time for the club to back the supporters who stick by the club.

marinello59
16-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hibs should be rewarding ST holders who put there hands in there pocket after last season and stuck by the club this season.

There were plenty on here at the start of the season explaining why a season ticket was a waste of time because the team was gash and a waste of money because kick off times etc meant that you could get better value as a walk up. Anything that shows that actually, they are worthwhile, is good.

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Agree and I would be amazed if it was any different to last season particularly with regard to season tickets however given we have 3 home games left in the season I would be trying to build in some final ticket priority for walk ups (maybe only ones currently on database) that attend them all.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Well said

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Same as last year please.

Most got tickets and it seemed reasonably fair to me.

Time for the club to back fans who back the club every season.

ST holders 2 each.

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:19 PM

ST holders 2 each.

Assume it will be 1 for ST this season and 1 for renewal next season.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Exactly this, not so bad value after all eh?

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Assume it will be 1 for ST this season and 1 for renewal next season.

No the cup final is this season not next so reward the folk that backed them after last season's disaster by giving them two with the option of an additional one if they have renewed.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:23 PM

ST holders 2 each.

I agree but why 2 each? 1 for this season and 1 for next fair enough or 2 for just this seasons. I am all for ST rewards and you are by getting a guarnteed ticket and first but getting 2 just for this seasons ST not mean that people who do not back club like you have get a priority also then by knowing an ST?

I personally think anyone who bought a ST this term should get their ticket free but I do not see how giving them 2 makes sense for one ST.

JimBHibees
No the cup final is this season not next so reward the folk that backed them after last season's disaster by giving them two with the option of an additional one if they have renewed.

Given there is I think 8k seasons there isnt enough to give them 3 each. It will be the same as last season one each for existing and renewed.

silverhibee
ST holders are the life blood of the club so only right they are rewarded.

Correct.

2 tickets each for ST holders.

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Correct.

Cant see that happening they will be trying to encourage season ticket sales for next season and rightly so IMO. Personally think last year was fair enough and dont see it changing.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Given there is I think 8k seasons there isnt enough to give them 3 each. It will be the same as last season one each for existing and renewed.

Okay I didn't realise there was 8k ST holders, two each for each of this season's ST holders then, next season can go into the general sale like everyone else as they didn't put any money up front for this seasons cup final team!

hibbypostie
16-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Exactly this, not so bad value after all eh?

:thumbsup:Bang on also my mate would get my spare and he goes to around 8-9 games a season i saw folk at the semi who when i said i never new your were a hibby replied im not just fancied a day out should they get a ticket?? i think not

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Okay I didn't realise there was 8k ST holders, two each for each of this season's ST holders then, next season can go into the general sale like everyone else as they didn't put any money up front for this seasons cup final team!

Why change from last season?

16-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Totally agree. After last Mays horror show, thousands still bought season tickets and stood by the club even after its darkest hour when it could have been so tempting to walk away.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Because I didn't think it was fair that people who had the means to, could just go and buy a ST ticket for the following season and be guaranteed a ticket for that seasons final. Even if it was to be their first game when folk who couldn't afford to but had attended games lost out. I appreciate it was done to sell more ST's but something galled me about it. Just my opinion, doesn't affect me in anyway.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 03:39 PM

Exactly, you want to be at the cup final next season :greengrin then get a ST for then and the club will look after you, the folk who stuck by the club after last season and forked there money out to watch more pish should be entitled to 2 tickets for the final.

F***ing sick of standing up and being counted and getting no rewards for it.

Time to look after the ST holders Mr Petrie.

SteveHFC
16-04-2013, 03:40 PM
I say every ST holder should get at least 3 tickets :greengrin

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Exactly, you want to be at the cup final next season :greengrin then get a ST for then and the club will look after you, the folk who stuck by the club after last season and forked there money out to watch more pish should be entitled to 2 tickets for the final.

F***ing sick of standing up and being counted and getting no rewards for it.

Time to look after the ST holders Mr Petrie.

I do not see how giving you more in order that 1 can be given to somebody whom didnt do what you did ie buy a ST is a reward, again I think not only being first but a discount would have been in order, I do not see how giving you 2,3 or 10 tickets is a reward to you for backing the club.

I would tell Rod to give you a discount I think thats fair at least probably not possible.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Correct.

I agree, and do you know what I think? The public sale may only amount to 2000 to 3000 max. Out of the 20,000 allocation there will be tickets for the players. If we increase out season ticket base from around 8,000 to 9,000, there won't be many left. This maybe the reason why they aren't able to do a 3 game package.
As Hibs have said, get a season ticket if you want to be 100% guaranteed to be at the Final

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I do not see how giving you more in order that 1 can be given to somebody whom didnt do what you did ie buy a ST is a reward, again I think not only being first but a discount would have been in order, I do not see how giving you 2,3 or 10 tickets is a reward to you for backing the club.

I would tell Rod to give you a discount I think thats fair at least probably not possible.

Surely the reward is being able to attend the game with someone you want to.

If I get 2 tickets the first refusal will go to my Grandad who was a regular attender for 60+ years until his health got the better of him he missed last yeats final so deserves the option this year. Failing that it will go to my girlfriend who has been to about 10 games this season.

My reward is not having to sit alone at the final as opposed to sharing it with people special to me.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Surely the reward is being able to attend the game with someone you want to.

If I get 2 tickets the first refusal will go to my Grandad who was a regular attender for 60+ years until his health got the better of him he missed last yeats final so deserves the option this year. Failing that it will go to my girlfriend who has been to about 10 games this season.

My reward is not having to sit alone at the final as opposed to shating it with people special to me.

Thats a fair enough point also, maybe Silver will want to take me :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree but why 2 each? 1 for this season and 1 for next fair enough or 2 for just this seasons. I am all for ST rewards and you are by getting a guarnteed ticket and first but getting 2 just for this seasons ST not mean that people who do not back club like you have get a priority also then by knowing an ST?

I personally think anyone who bought a ST this term should get their ticket free but I do not see how giving them 2 makes sense for one ST.

Why not, i put my money upfront to help with the managers budget at the start of the season along with paying for my son as well, we knew we wouldn't be attending all home games but still tried to help the club by paying money up front to help the club.

We cat amongst the pigeons here, do you think Kevin Thomson who joined the club a few weeks back is entitled to 25 tickets for the final.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Why not, i put my money upfront to help with the managers budget at the start of the season along with paying for my son as well, we knew we wouldn't be attending all home games but still tried to help the club by paying money up front to help the club.

We cat amongst the pigeons here, do you think Kevin Thomson who joined the club a few weeks back is entitled to 25 tickets for the final.

I do not see how getting more tickets to give to somebody who didnt buy an ST is a reward unless lyou are using it like pretty boy but that will not always be case. I do not know about KT ticketing is this true, personally do not see why anyone should get that amount if true is it 25 per player?

3pm
16-04-2013, 04:02 PM

50 for Thommo SH.

Only fair since he's playing for free.

Keith_M
16-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, speaking as a fairweather fan that only ever turns up for the big games, I'm delighted I have twelve tickets already arranged for the South Upper debenture seats.

I shall do the honourable thing and give two to the family members that accompanied me to last year's final and the spare nine will go on sale online to the highest bidders

:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 04:27 PM
See the folk that bought a £25 kids ST last year and never used it. Should they be entitled to buy 2 adult tickets with it?

3pm
16-04-2013, 04:35 PM
See the folk that bought a £25 kids ST last year and never used it. Should they be entitled to buy 2 adult tickets with it?

Yes.

marinello59
16-04-2013, 04:39 PM

Yes.
And that should guarantee them a seat next to you where they can spend the whole game boasting about how easy it was to get tickets. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes.

Shouldn't it be used for kids tickets?

Beefster
16-04-2013, 04:56 PM

If this actually happened, I don't understand what Hibs are playing at, considering everyone had to complete a form and give their client reference.

Having said that, you've been publicising lots of ST/ticket loopholes for a few weeks. There's no point moaning about them whilst letting everyone know about them.

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Because I didn't think it was fair that people who had the means to, could just go and buy a ST ticket for the following season and be guaranteed a ticket for that seasons final. Even if it was to be their first game when folk who couldn't afford to but had attended games lost out. I appreciate it was done to sell more ST's but something galled me about it. Just my opinion, doesn't affect me in anyway.

Fair enough point but there is a big flaw in it. If people have the means to buy a ticket just for a cup final ticket they would be the same people who wouldn't mind paying way over the odds to touts for their ticket. Net result is that those peoples' money goes to touts instead of Hibs. I know I'd rather as many people went out and bought season tickets, in fact sell them out! Does it matter to me who is buying them, not really tbh...

Just a wee bit to add: With the payment plan being interest free next year then people who had to walk up this year due to cost issues have the chance to pay monthly. If the fact that next season's ST holders got a cup final ticket guaranteed sold one more season ticket, that alone would make that policy worthwhile. Ideally we'd have some sort of points system, but even if there was, I would want Hibs to make sure someone who bought a season ticket, whether that be for next year or ten years time got priority over the stramash of a general sale.

HibeeN
16-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Maybe this would be possible if there were concessions available in all areas of Hampden, but there won't be. Any 'kids' sitting in any other stand but the West will need to pay adult prices anyway, so you couldn't really enforce it.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:04 PM

Seems fair enough to me.

Why should someone buying for next season get a ticket for this season, you buy for next season and you get a ticket if we reach the final for a 3rd time. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
16-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Just seen on Hibs twitter they are offering 100 pairs for tickets at the dons game like they done at the pars game last year

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Why not change from last season.

Time for the club to back the supporters who have stuck by with the club by buying ST.

Or what is the point in buying a ST nowadays, it seems that walk-ups get better deals over the last few seasons than folk who have put there money upfront to help the managers budget at the start of the season.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130416/latest-ticket-update_2262950_3146382

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Time for the club to back the supporters who have stuck by with the club by buying ST.

Or what is the point in buying a ST nowadays, it seems that walk-ups get better deals over the last few seasons than folk who have put there money upfront to help the managers budget at the start of the season.

And encourage others to back the club next season. One ticket per season ticket (so two if you're renewing) is absolutely how it should be. Sell some sort of package to go into a draw (like mentioned above with Dunfermline last year and Aberdeen this) to raise money from what a lot of people might see as nothing games, Hibs need to raise as much cash out of this as possible and I hope they do.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 05:17 PM

Think that announcement pretty much guarantees at least some ST holders will get 2.

Otherwise you could have the ridiculous scenario of someone who has only attended the Aberdeen game getting 2 and someone who has parted ith £400 getting one.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I do not see how getting more tickets to give to somebody who didnt buy an ST is a reward unless lyou are using it like pretty boy but that will not always be case. I do not know about KT ticketing is this true, personally do not see why anyone should get that amount if true is it 25 per player?

It would go to a deserving Hibs fan Carlsberg.

Yes 25 a player.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Think that announcement pretty much guarantees at least some ST holders will get 2.

Otherwise you could have the ridiculous scenario of someone who has only attended the Aberdeen game getting 2 and someone who has parted ith £400 getting one.

Maybe get 4 each this time then :-D

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:22 PM
50 for Thommo SH.

Only fair since he's playing for free.

Good shout 3.

Great guy is our Thommo, :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 05:22 PM
If this actually happened, I don't understand what Hibs are playing at, considering everyone had to complete a form and give their client reference.

Having said that, you've been publicising lots of ST/ticket loopholes for a few weeks. There's no point moaning about them whilst letting everyone know about them.

I bought 3 STs in the famous 5 for next season.a few weeks back - little availability for 3 seats together yet when you go on a Saturday the stands next to empty.

Someone told me that the club sold a load of kids STs last year when folk were getting desperate for a cup final ticket.

HH81
16-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I think members of the hibernians should get 2 tickets so i dont have to travel up alone :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:27 PM
And encourage others to back the club next season. One ticket per season ticket (so two if you're renewing) is absolutely how it should be. Sell some sort of package to go into a draw (like mentioned above with Dunfermline last year and Aberdeen this) to raise money from what a lot of people might see as nothing games, Hibs need to raise as much cash out of this as possible and I hope they do.

Why should someone buying a ST for next season get a ticket for this years final. :confused:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Seems like it PB.

2 it is for ST holders for this season.

wee 162
16-04-2013, 05:36 PM
YOU stuck by it, why exactly should that entitle you to get more than 1 seat?

I've got a ST this year and have already renewed for next and the chances are that I'll probably end up being entitled to 2. The second one will end up in the hands of a good Hibby who goes to a decent number of games but for whom a ST isn't remotely sensible as an investment since they are guaranteed to miss games due to the fixtures not suiting him. That's the way it should, and generally does, work imo.

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 05:38 PM

You're still saying someone who has a season ticket this year and already for next gets the same priority as someone who just wandeted along to the semi. Your priority 1 method would only shift 8k so effectively that means priority 2 kicks in straight away.

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Why should someone buying a ST for next season get a ticket for this years final. :confused:

Because it might encourage people who are swithering to go ahead and buy one. As I said above if having that policy sells even one more season ticket than would've otherwise been sold, it's a good idea in my book. Hibs don't get to finals very often :wink: but when they do they should get as much income as possible out of it.

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Because Hibs will try and use it as an incentive to shift more season tickets and thus bringing more money into the club. Is that not obvious? :confused:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Hibs should have made it £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

£20 & £10 still seem a bit steep for a Monday night game.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 05:55 PM
YOU stuck by it, why exactly should that entitle you to get more than 1 seat?

I've got a ST this year and have already renewed for next and the chances are that I'll probably end up being entitled to 2. The second one will end up in the hands of a good Hibby who goes to a decent number of games but for whom a ST isn't remotely sensible as an investment since they are guaranteed to miss games due to the fixtures not suiting him. That's the way it should, and generally does, work imo.

Once again why should someone buying a ST for next season get a ticket for this years final. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Once again why should someone buying a ST for next season get a ticket for this years final. :confused:

To sell more season tickets mate.

wee 162
16-04-2013, 06:01 PM
They shouldn't! But they will.

Logical outcome to get the fairest system should be a loyalty system, but that's never been put in place up to now.

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 06:01 PM

OK here goes.

More season tickets next year ----> More money to the club -----> The ability to pay higher wages----->Better team. Got it? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
16-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but surely this season's ST holders could be made up of people who 'only' bought a ST for this season to get a cup final ticket in 2012. Now, after purchasing it, they will be entited to tickets for 2 finals :devil: Maybe final tickets should only be given to those who renewed after THAT final? :wink:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Because it might encourage people who are swithering to go ahead and buy one. As I said above if having that policy sells even one more season ticket than would've otherwise been sold, it's a good idea in my book. Hibs don't get to finals very often :wink: but when they do they should get as much income as possible out of it.

What are Hibs going to do when we don't reach a final, what will be there spin then to sell more STs.

Time for the club to look after the fans who pay there money upfront at the start of the season to help the manager bring in players and you get the advantages for that season, like 2 tickets for the final.

How simple can it be, you buy a ST at the start of the season and if the club/team make the final then you should be rewarded for that and get a extra ticket for the final, this buying a ST for next season gets you a ticket for this seasons final doesn't make sense, if you support the club and can afford it you will get a ST every season.

Through thick and thin. GGTTH

The Harp
16-04-2013, 06:12 PM
They shouldn't! But they will.

Logical outcome to get the fairest system should be a loyalty system, but that's never been put in place up to now.

What better method of showing your loyalty is there than putting your money up front and buying a season ticket?:hmmm:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Because Hibs will try and use it as an incentive to shift more season tickets and thus bringing more money into the club. Is that not obvious? :confused:

Nope.

Why should anyone buying a ST for next season be entitled to a ticket for this seasons final.

Anyway it looks like ST holders for this season will be getting 2 tickets each for the final.

And if you buy for next season and we make it to another final the same should happen again.

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Nope.

Why should anyone buying a ST for next season be entitled to a ticket for this seasons final.

Anyway it looks like ST holders for this season will be getting 2 tickets each for the final.

And if you buy for next season and we make it to another final the same should happen again.

If they renew for next season they will :wink:

Like has already been mentioned Hibs need to think of ways to maximise revenue from getting to the cup final and if incentivising people to buy a season ticket for next year brings in more money to the club then surely its a good thing?

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but surely this season's ST holders could be made up of people who 'only' bought a ST for this season to get a cup final ticket in 2012. Now, after purchasing it, they will be entited to tickets for 2 finals :devil: Maybe final tickets should only be given to those who renewed after THAT final? :wink:

Or those who have renewed for the past twenty years :wink:

FranckSuzy
16-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Or those who have renewed for the past twenty years :wink:

:agree: :greengrin Yes, it should be on the number of years a ST has been held :wink:

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:26 PM
What are Hibs going to do when we don't reach a final, what will be there spin then to sell more STs.

Time for the club to look after the fans who pay there money upfront at the start of the season to help the manager bring in players and you get the advantages for that season, like 2 tickets for the final.

How simple can it be, you buy a ST at the start of the season and if the club/team make the final then you should be rewarded for that and get a extra ticket for the final, this buying a ST for next season gets you a ticket for this seasons final doesn't make sense, if you support the club and can afford it you will get a ST every season.

There will be a fancy leaflet with pictures of us winning on May 26th!

It is for the very reason that Hibs don't get to many finals that they should exploit the fact they are while they can! It's a no-brainer to me.

Also, it won't be two tickets for current season ticket holders, it will be one for this year's ticket and one for next year's. I don't have a source or anything, but the figures below would suggest as much:

Around 8,000 ST holders for this season - 1 ticket each
Around 8,000 (though I'd hope more, otherwise my thoughts of a ticket for the final being an incentive are a nonsense!) ST holders next year - 1 ticket each
Hibernians members - Around 400 or so? - 1 ticket each
Ballot at remaining home games - 600 tickets

Leaves us with around 3,000 for general sale - No where near enough to give each existing ST holder for this season another ticket.

My hope is the above distribution is how it is, though even better would be we get 3,000 extra ST's sold for next season (which of course we won't, but ideally) and no general sale.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:28 PM
There will be a fancy leaflet with pictures of us winning on May 26th!

It is for the very reason that Hibs don't get to many finals that they should exploit the fact they are while they can! It's a no-brainer to me.

Also, it won't be two tickets for current season ticket holders, it will be one for this year's ticket and one for next year's. I don't have a source or anything, but the figures below would suggest as much:

Around 8,000 ST holders for this season - 1 ticket each
Around 8,000 (though I'd hope more, otherwise my thoughts of a ticket for the final being an incentive are a nonsense!) ST holders next year - 1 ticket each
Hibernians members - Around 400 or so? - 1 ticket each
Ballot at remaining home games - 600 tickets

Leaves us with around 3,000 for general sale - No where near enough to give each existing ST holder for this season another ticket.

My hope is the above distribution is how it is, though even better would be we get 3,000 extra ST's sold for next season (which of course we won't, but ideally) and no general sale.

So the benefit of putting our money up front this season is that we receive the same as folk that didn't!

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 06:31 PM
So the benefit of putting our money up front this season is that we receive the same as folk that didn't!

You also get to pick the best seats 1st

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:33 PM

Well whoopy do that's made my day :wink::greengrin

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:34 PM

No, if you're a renewing ST holder you get two tickets, someone just buying for next year gets one.

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 06:35 PM

Exactly.

Im not really sure what more current season ticket holders seem to be wanting. If you put your money up at the start of the year you are guaranteed a ticket and your choice of the best seat in the house. If you decide to renew for next year you also get another ticket to with as you choose (and again the best seat in the house).

Are current season ticket holders saying they should be given 2 tickets even if they dont renew? Aye right , jog on :greengrin

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:35 PM

And better seats, now that's too much! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:36 PM
No, if you're a renewing ST holder you get two tickets, someone just buying for next year gets one.

The same thing...........

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Exactly.

Im not really sure what more current season ticket holders seem to be wanting. If you put your money up at the start of the year you are guaranteed a ticket and your choice of the best seat in the house. If you decide to renew for next year you also get another ticket to with as you choose (and again the best seat in the house).

Are current season ticket holders saying they should be given 2 tickets even if they dont renew? Aye right , jog on :greengrin

Yes we want it all :greengrin

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Exactly.

I am leaving it to you to argue the case for one ticket per current season ticket and one per renewed/new ticket, I'm bowing out :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I am leaving it to you to argue the case for one ticket per current season ticket and one per renewed/new ticket, I'm bowing out :greengrin

It's not an argument just a friendly discussion on what ST holders truly deserve :greengrin

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:40 PM
The same thing...........

Ok, so the opportunity to pass your spare ticket on to a friend, family member, fancy woman you're trying to impress. If you really want sell it to the highest bidder, that way you can put a cash value on your loyalty :wink:

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Think this debate is redundant anyway as it will be the same arrangement as last year (which was exactly as you state above).

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Think this debate is redundant anyway as it will be the same arrangement as last year (which was exactly as you state above).

And so it should be

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Nope.

On a similar note why should someone without a st be able to get a cup final ticket before the public sale? The club should just ask for 8000 tickets that'd sort out this debate...

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 06:44 PM
It's not an argument just a friendly discussion on what ST holders truly deserve :greengrin

Dammit, I'd just signed up for debating lessons too! Maybe if the aforementioned fancy-lady is suitably impressed with your giving them your spare they might make it worth your while :greengrin

Reaper
16-04-2013, 06:45 PM

I disagree with this. ST holders have ONE ST therefore shud get ONE ticket for the final. Surely thats the advantage along with getting to pick your seat for home games and getting priority for away games like Tynie? The club trying capitalise with the rest is fair play in my book and it gives non ST holders a chance to get a ticket for games like this. If you stop any incentives for PATG then you'll lose those supporters maybe. Never goin to be a 'suits all' solution I suppose.

Benny Brazil
16-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I dont have a season ticket, but am quite happy with whatever arrangements the club come up with and I'll take my chances in a general sale - if I dont get a ticket then hey ho I'll not be too unhappy and will watch in the pub - dont see the point in people getting stressed about it.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 06:46 PM
so people think its wrong if someone spends £400 on a ST for next year and gets a cup final ticket yet they think because someone goes to the semi and spends £15 they should get one. The club dont even get the £15. Its split 4 ways.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Ok, so the opportunity to pass your spare ticket on to a friend, family member, fancy woman you're trying to impress. If you really want sell it to the highest bidder, that way you can put a cash value on your loyalty :wink:

I have too many friends who would willingly take my spares but none of them qualify in my eyes, family members all have their own ST's, the wife would kill me, against my religion to sell tickets over face value...................it's one hell of a dilemma just like last year. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I disagree with this. ST holders have ONE ST therefore shud get ONE ticket for the final. Surely thats the advantage along with getting to pick your seat for home games and getting priority for away games like Tynie? The club trying capitalise with the rest is fair play in my book and it gives non ST holders a chance to get a ticket for games like this. If you stop any incentives for PATG then you'll lose those supporters maybe. Never goin to be a 'suits all' solution I suppose.

So ST holders, including those who renew, should get one but someone who rocks up to the Aberdeen game gets the chance of 2.

How does that work?

I agree current STs should only get one but those of us who have renewed should get a 2nd, like last year.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 06:55 PM
To sell more season tickets mate.

Should have bought a ST at the start of the season then yeah. In no way is that a dig at you DH. :aok:

And if i am being honest i don't think many fans will go for the same option as last years way of doing things regarding the way final tickets were being distributed.

The last couple of seasons the club have done more for walk ups with reduced prices for games, hopefully they change there strategy and start looking after ST holders who put there money in at the start of the season to help with the managers budget to bring players in that he wants at the start of the season.

Only winning that dammed cup will see us sell more STs for next season.

Not by blackmailing folk to buy before the game has even started imo.

Pete
What if you weren't a season ticket holder this season and bought one for next season...but you took up the offer of getting the remaining games of this season for a fixed price?

I done this and was issued with a card so will the system consider me to simply be a season ticket holder the same as those who purchased at the start?

I wonder if people in my boat will be entitled to one or two.

wee 162
What better method of showing your loyalty is there than putting your money up front and buying a season ticket?:hmmm:
None. But quite why that means you need 2 seats I've no idea.

I get why people want what's best for them, but if someone goes to pretty much every home game over a season when they don't have a ST then they are more entitled to a ticket than someones wife/ husband/ boyfriend/ girlfriend who happens to have renewed their ST for next year as far as I'm concerned.

jon paul jones
16-04-2013, 06:57 PM

Good one! Maybe I should 4 tickets because i showed faith and renewed in March, paid in full, before the QF against Killie!
i've been to every cup game this year so bonus for 4th round, 5th round, QF and SF plus this ST and 2013/14 ST.

:woohoo:

and my name isn't K"25"T

grammyb111
16-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I have too many friends who would willingly take my spares but none of them qualify in my eyes, family members all have their own ST's, the wife would kill me, against my religion to sell tickets over face value...................it's one hell of a dilemma just like last year. :greengrin

Read the begging thread from last year! There will be another one this year (surprised it hasn't started already actually) and choose the most deserving person from there. Your benefit from being a holder this year will be that warm feeling when you do a nice thing for a good cause. Alternatively there could be some sort of 'not needing second ticket' raffle with the proceeds above face value of the ticket going to youth development / Dnipro kids or something? That way you're helping out Hibs / charity by giving something that isn't actually costing you any money.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 07:01 PM
What if you weren't a season ticket holder this season and bought one for next season...but you took up the offer of getting the remaining games of this season for a fixed price?

I done this and was issued with a card so will the system consider me to simply be a season ticket holder the same as those who purchased at the start?

I wonder if people in my boat will be entitled to one or two.

You never know you may well be considered similar to a half season ticket, you may have discovered a loophole..................keep it quiet :greengrin

The Harp
16-04-2013, 07:04 PM
All too predictable. Just a pity we don't have 20k+ season ticket holders then we could just all get one each - problem solved.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Read the begging thread from last year! There will be another one this year (surprised it hasn't started already actually) and choose the most deserving person from there. Your benefit from being a holder this year will be that warm feeling when you do a nice thing for a good cause. Alternatively there could be some sort of 'not needing second ticket' raffle with the proceeds above face value of the ticket going to youth development / Dnipro kids or something? That way you're helping out Hibs / charity by giving something that isn't actually costing you any money.

I will give it careful consideration or maybe just leave the tickets for the general sale and feel good about doing it :aok:

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 07:17 PM

Because we are running at a loss and it is a good way of making the club money and hopefully get a few more season ticket holders.

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 07:19 PM
In tandem with the "why does a season ticket (this plus next) holder need two tickets" argument ... why would a ballot holder need two??

There should have been a database loyalty system, anything spent at the club at all contributing towards your points total.
(Note that this would of course EXCLUDE the bazilions spent on QANTAS flights getting back home for a final because
a-qantas don't contribute anything to Hibs
b-qantas have never heard of Hibs)
Unfortunately, there is no loyalty system (although given the yams' experience, that's easy to screw up as well)

Season ticket holders probably should get 2 tickets for the final; this ties in exactly with the reasoning offering ballot-winners 2 tickets ... i.e. you'll want to be able to treat & sit beside your special buddy.
That would work, given our season tickets for this season - if next season's season tickets didn't count.

Hibs have to maximise income ... best way to do that is to get the punters buying those season tickets for next year. To do that - reward them with a final ticket.
Unfortunately, that blows out the water any chance of offering any season ticket holder, for this year or next, 2 tickets.

It's all fair, really ... except I would offer only one ticket per ballot winner, and draw twice as many tickets. I'm not really sure why the ballot winners get to take their special buddy, when a season ticket holder (one season), who goes on his own, can't.

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2013, 07:37 PM
All too predictable. Just a pity we don't have 20k+ season ticket holders then we could just all get one each - problem solved.:wink:

Agree with the sentiment........

HibeeN
16-04-2013, 07:43 PM
In tandem with the "why does a season ticket (this plus next) holder need two tickets" argument ... why would a ballot holder need two??
It's all fair, really ... except I would offer only one ticket per ballot winner, and draw twice as many tickets. I'm not really sure why the ballot winners get to take their special buddy, when a season ticket holder (one season), who goes on his own, can't.

I'd imagine most ST holders sit with other ST holders and will buy their tickets together. A ballot winner who only got one ticket would have nobody to go with.

Of course, as you say, there are ST holders who go on their own (I'm actually one of them) but I think in general it's fair for ballot winners to get two.

Reaper
16-04-2013, 07:45 PM
So ST holders, including those who renew, should get one but someone who rocks up to the Aberdeen game gets the chance of 2.

How does that work?

I agree current STs should only get one but those of us who have renewed should get a 2nd, like last year.

I wudnt disagree with this. Apologies I may have paste the wrong post before I was referring to someone who said a ST for this season shud get you Two cup final tickets. I do disagree with the draw being for two tickets.

Pete
16-04-2013, 07:54 PM
You never know you may well be considered similar to a half season ticket, you may have discovered a loophole..................keep it quiet :greengrin

I'm just a bit gutted I didn't think of doing it for the seven kids tickets I got for the famous five lower!

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I wudnt disagree with this. Apologies I may have paste the wrong post before I was referring to someone who said a ST for this season shud get you Two cup final tickets. I do disagree with the draw being for two tickets.

Fair enough.

Think it may actually be me who picked you up wrong.

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 09:20 PM
If they renew for next season they will :wink:

Like has already been mentioned Hibs need to think of ways to maximise revenue from getting to the cup final and if incentivising people to buy a season ticket for next year brings in more money to the club then surely its a good thing?

One way or another i will end up with 4 anyway. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 09:26 PM

But it will still be a plastic one, am just over the moon so i am. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 09:28 PM
And so it should be

Boooo :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 09:30 PM
On a similar note why should someone without a st be able to get a cup final ticket before the public sale? The club should just ask for 8000 tickets that'd sort out this debate...

Cause they know a ST holder. :wink: :greengrin

lucky
16-04-2013, 09:31 PM
It's only right and proper ST holder's get priority. Also as an incentive to renew or purchase a ST you get a cup final ticket. If you are a ST and renew you get 2. Whilst I have sympathy for walk ups the reality is that this is best way for hibs to maximise our income. As for fans who pick and choose games good luck in the ticket search.

rcarter1
16-04-2013, 09:57 PM
The debate goes on.. I hope this happens every year! I agree broadly with the season ticket allocation, and even the ballot, but is it not possible for the club to search their database for non season ticket holders who have bought tickets for say 10+ games this season and give them a ticket. Its great to give incentives, but there must be some way the club can objectively reward the brave souls (other than seasons who are already rewarded of course), who have paid regularly at the gate to watch a largely dreadful season.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Just imagine if allocation was based on the average home gate!

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 10:07 PM

clubs would just do a celtc ... we'd have been having 18k crowds every home game, with swathes of empty seats ...

Criswell
16-04-2013, 11:25 PM
There is no doubt that there will be many who will get a ticket that perhaps don't deserve one and many that do deserve one and don't get one. That's the way the balls break! The only way you can guarantee a ticket is by buying a st. You still have that opportunity to do so now. I do have sympathy with those who attend frequently on a PATG basis, but for sound reasons a st is impractical. However, you cannot blame the the club for using as many incentives as is possible to encourage people to invest in its most crucial source of revenue. It would be business insanity not to.

the upshot is that st holders, like myself, will be entitled to a spare ticket as I have renewed. I then get to choose who will be the recipient of said ticket. Who is deserving of my generosity? It's difficult, but it is my call. You could argue that that in itself is an incentive.

Pete
17-04-2013, 02:02 AM

Imagine an FA cup final.

United 65% Liverpool 35%

:protest:

Brightside
17-04-2013, 06:48 AM
I'll have 4. Hope this helps. :greengrin

Carheenlea
17-04-2013, 08:40 AM
For the semi, season ticket holders had access to as many tickets as they liked. Not sure if it was the same for the general sale, but I'd suspect it was, and we didn't sell as many tickets as we are likely to receive for Final.
There is just not the same interest in Hibs now, with Final crowds like we saw against Livi and Kilmarnock being a thing of the past for now. A lot of fans have spurned the club since last seasons final disaster, and on Monday night it will be a struggle to get over 10,000 for what should be an attractive fixture against Aberdeen.
Everyone will get a ticket for the Final.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Imagine an FA cup final.

United 65% Liverpool 35%

:protest:

Perfectly acceptable

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 08:57 AM
I'll have 4. Hope this helps. :greengrin

Including my family's season books. A total of 8 tickets.

hibs0666
17-04-2013, 09:07 AM
There is just not the same interest in Hibs now, with Final crowds like we saw against Livi and Kilmarnock being a thing of the past for now. A lot of fans have spurned the club since last seasons final disaster, and on Monday night it will be a struggle to get over 10,000 for what should be an attractive fixture against Aberdeen.
Everyone will get a ticket for the Final.

So why did we sell 17,500 tickets for this year's semi when we sold only 13,500 for last years semi?

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Someone tell me why I shouldn't get to go to the final after going to every game in the cup run so far, I can't make Saturdays due to work but should surely get to go to the final.

I have been to league games when they aren't on Saturdays and i can also confirm I am unbeaten as a fan this season.

GordonHFC
17-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Someone tell me why I shouldn't get to go to the final after going to every game in the cup run so far, I can't make Saturdays due to work but should surely get to go to the final.

I have been to league games when they aren't on Saturdays and i can also confirm I am unbeaten as a fan this season.

You should get to go but I am afraid that someones wife or dad who has seen the club play a handful of times will be there before you.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 11:20 AM
You should get to go but I am afraid that someones wife or dad who has seen the club play a handful of times will be there before you.

Or worse. Someone's relative or friend who has not been to a Hibs game before.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Exactly what annoys me, I have all my tickets in my wallet as good luck charms but I bet I have to rely on hibs ladies giving my sister tickets this year.

Also like to say I was a season ticket holder from age 4 to 15 before my own football changed to saturdays

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Exactly what annoys me, I have all my tickets in my wallet as good luck charms but I bet I have to rely on hibs ladies giving my sister tickets this year.

Also like to say I was a season ticket holder from age 4 to 15 before my own football changed to saturdays

I agree with what you're saying but unfortunately being a former season ticket holder is irrelevant. It's pish I know and hopefully you get sorted.

GordonHFC
17-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I too was a season ticket holder in the 80s and 90s but my circumstances changed when my girls came along. Two of them actively participate in a different sport and compete at a high level. This takes up most of my early mornings and evenings with training and they compete most weekends. I chose to give up going to ER on a regular basis but I still try to get along when I can.

I have no interest in actively seeking a ticket for the final just as it was last year (lucky bugger I hear you say) as I believe that there are others way before me in the pecking order who have paid their money throughout the season.

I do not believe STH should get two tickets, some of which will be given to relatives or friends who just want to say they have been to a cup final and will get there before those who deserve to be there. Your ST guarantees you a ticket for the final it should not guarantee someone else who doesn't deserve one. The guarantee is the perk.

Andy74
17-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't see why Season Ticke holders aren't just allowed as many as they see fit. After what we've had to watch the last few years and the last cup final, to have 8,000 or so renew, they should be able to accept tickets to give to whoever they see fit.

There isn't much of a scramble to join me up the back of the East on a cold Janaury night for league games so tough really when it comes to finals.

The odd extra walk ups, of which there are only a few hundred most weeks, will generally get sorted by those with season tickets. No big deal as far as I can see, The semi allocation sold the same way didn't sell out either.

GordonHFC
17-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't see why Season Ticke holders aren't just allowed as many as they see fit. After what we've had to watch the last few years and the last cup final, to have 8,000 or so renew, they should be able to accept tickets to give to whoever they see fit.

There isn't much of a scramble to join me up the back of the East on a cold Janaury night for league games so tough really when it comes to finals.

The odd extra walk ups, of which there are only a few hundred most weeks, will generally get sorted by those with season tickets. No big deal as far as I can see, The semi allocation sold the same way didn't sell out either.

I sometimes sit up the back row top corner. Very lonely place at times.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree with what you're saying but unfortunately being a former season ticket holder is irrelevant. It's pish I know and hopefully you get sorted.

If I get there I get there, just think hibs should sort the system out for fans like me

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:05 PM
If I get there I get there, just think hibs should sort the system out for fans like me

I take you're buying an Aberdeen ticket so you're in with a chance of getting a final ticket?

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I too was a season ticket holder in the 80s and 90s but my circumstances changed when my girls came along. Two of them actively participate in a different sport and compete at a high level. This takes up most of my early mornings and evenings with training and they compete most weekends. I chose to give up going to ER on a regular basis but I still try to get along when I can.

I have no interest in actively seeking a ticket for the final just as it was last year (lucky bugger I hear you say) as I believe that there are others way before me in the pecking order who have paid their money throughout the season.

I do not believe STH should get two tickets, some of which will be given to relatives or friends who just want to say they have been to a cup final and will get there before those who deserve to be there. Your ST guarantees you a ticket for the final it should not guarantee someone else who doesn't deserve one. The guarantee is the perk.

So why did the club change the rules for the semi-final and give ST holders as many as they wanted. ?

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I take you're buying an Aberdeen ticket so you're in with a chance of getting a final ticket?

I'm going to the game because it isn't a Saturday, I guess I can hope to win one as a bonus.

GordonHFC
17-04-2013, 12:09 PM
So why did the club change the rules for the semi-final and give ST holders as many as they wanted. ?

Coz they know a semi final is not a final.