PDA

View Full Version : Pre final camp

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I remember Collins took the players on a 5? Day training camp just prior to the 2007 final, and although its hard to judge how much it contributed to that outstanding performance v Killie, it definitely did something.

Bearing in mind the players look so jaded at the moment (Cairney, Spoony, McPake most obviously) im thinking it would be a great idea to get the players away somewhere warm to work on fitness conditioning and tactics prior to the final.

Thoughts?

1875HFC
14-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Pat took the lads to Ireland before the final last year, hope he changes his pre-final bonding location

Treadstone
14-04-2013, 09:40 AM
A friend of mine suggested it was a mistake of PF to take the players to Dublin last year during the build up as they wouldn't realise the magnitude of the game. He was right.

weonlywon6-2
14-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I remember Collins took the players on a 5? Day training camp just prior to the 2007 final, and although its hard to judge how much it contributed to that outstanding performance v Killie, it definitely did something.

Bearing in mind the players look so jaded at the moment (Cairney, Spoony, McPake most obviously) im thinking it would be a great idea to get the players away somewhere warm to work on fitness conditioning and tactics prior to the final.

Thoughts?

Is Julian Clary going ??:offski:

Moon unit
14-04-2013, 09:54 AM

Thoughts?
Brilliant idea..we have several weeks to get the squad in the best shape they could ever be . Maybe Uncle Tom could foot the bill? The club really has to have a good go at this one! The remaining games are pretty meaningless, so it's a chance to experiment, give young guys a chance.... But ultimately ensure that they are Ultra fit for the big one!!!

DH1875
14-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Thoughts?

They've got 5 weeks and 5 freindly before the final. I'd give them a week off and then wrap McPake, Leigh and Claros up in cotton wool and only play them in bit parts to keep them fit.