PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Del Boy
13-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Excuse of a centre half.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Him and McPake but always defended by happy clappers on here, he's crap but by no means the only one today

California-Hibs
13-04-2013, 12:28 PM
He's absolutely SH*TE yet many Hibs fans are blind to that and enjoy excepting mediocre players like him, Stevenson, Wothersoon, ah the list goes on and on. Get rid if the lot of them, utterly hopeless, Mcpake too!

pacorosssco
13-04-2013, 12:29 PM
cairney proving why he shouldnt be near team, another rebuild, yae

Fergus52
13-04-2013, 04:24 PM
He's absolutely SH*TE yet many Hibs fans are blind to that and enjoy excepting mediocre players like him, Stevenson, Wothersoon, ah the list goes on and on. Get rid if the lot of them, utterly hopeless, Mcpake too!

hahahahahahaha

SingaporeHibs
13-04-2013, 04:37 PM
i'm sorry to say but this lad does not have it. gets pulled out of position far too often leaving team mates exposed to try and cover with little or no chance. A lot of people only see the covering player trying to get there and failing before blaming the covering player for not getting there when actually Hanlon has caused the issue. I've never been a fan but have watched close really wanting him to prove me wrong but what I've seen is a lad that has a good game overall but more often than not makes a mistake in a game and that mistake tends to lead to a goal. Watch todays game over and you will see an example, overall just not good enough. Given he has had a good Scotland under21 rep, its clear where Scottish football is all wrong

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 04:42 PM
You really are Mr Doom and Gloom tonight. It is spreading over about 10 threads. Any positive views at all?

woodythehibee
13-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Hanlon was superb 2nd half onwards, won everything! Shocking 1st 45 though but could say that for the whole side bar Harris.

Allant1981
13-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Him and mcpake really improved in the 2nd half. God knows what was going on in the 1st half

AlbertK86
13-04-2013, 04:57 PM
It was same old by Hanlon in first half he was weak and got pushed all over the place

Improved massively in 2nd half though ... Needs to do that all the time however

crash
13-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Him and mcpake really improved in the 2nd half. God knows what was going on in the 1st half

Never improved at all,Falkirk faded in the 2nd half and hardly attacked.None of them got close to taylor at any point in the game.even when we were 4-3 up in the last couple of minutes they were posted missing when williams had to make a point blank save from taylor.

sbell1875
13-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Never improved at all,Falkirk faded in the 2nd half and hardly attacked.None of them got close to taylor at any point in the game.even when we were 4-3 up in the last couple of minutes they were posted missing when williams had to make a point blank save from taylor.

Have to disagree entirely. I felt in the 2nd half Hanlon was right up the arse of Taylor plenty of times and forced him back away from goal. 1st half everyone was abysmal but 2nd half everyone barely made a mistake.

California-Hibs
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Exactly! I hate the love in that people have with Hanlon. Can't believe that people don't realize that our defence has leaked goals like nothing elses for years now and he's been at centre half the whole time! Need's emptied pronto! but alas he'll STILL be there in the middle of the defence next season and we'll continue to be soft and leak goals.

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 08:05 PM
As usual Hanlon gets it tight but the list of those involved in the 3 Falkirk goals do not include him.

You could perm any 3 of McGivern (not winning header at 2nd or crap throw in at 1st ), Robertson (completely unaware at edge of box 1st), Cairney (slow and ponderous on and off the ball 2nd and/or 3rd), Clancy (not winning second ball at 2nd), Claros (not picking up at edge of box at 1st).

YetholmHibee
13-04-2013, 08:22 PM
As usual Hanlon gets it tight but the list of those involved in the 3 Falkirk goals do not include him.

You could perm any 3 of McGivern (not winning header at 2nd or crap throw in at 1st ), Robertson (completely unaware at edge of box 1st), Cairney (slow and ponderous on and off the ball 2nd and/or 3rd), Clancy (not winning second ball at 2nd), Claros (not picking up at edge of box at 1st).

You must be blind as a bat!

Hanlon was TERRIBLE - positioning, awareness, passion, heart, intelligence for ALL 3 goals was shocking!

And even the one's that Falkirk missed - where was Hanlon (?)

Paul Hanlon is a ball watcher!!

Please re-watch Hanlon's performance when Falkirk attacked! . . . . even the attacks Falkirk tried & failed.

How many times does Hanlon look like a fish out of water! . . . . time to get rid of him.

California-Hibs
13-04-2013, 08:59 PM
You must be blind as a bat!

Hanlon was TERRIBLE - positioning, awareness, passion, heart, intelligence for ALL 3 goals was shocking!

And even the one's that Falkirk missed - where was Hanlon (?)

Paul Hanlon is a ball watcher!!

Please re-watch Hanlon's performance when Falkirk attacked! . . . . even the attacks Falkirk tried & failed.

How many times does Hanlon look like a fish out of water! . . . . time to get rid of him.

Nail hit firmly on the head from everything you've highlighted here! :agree:

Brightside
13-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Unreal.....Hanlon was quality. Constantly covers 3 positions whilst others players wander all over the park. IF McGivern was going to stay I'd put him in CH next to Hanlon. IF you see him out of position ask why he has tp be out of position. Normally coz Mcpake has missed a tackle and cant track back....

JOD
13-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Gotta say I agree Paul had a shocker.

Only got the better of Taylor when he tired as most of Falkirk's youngster's did.

Pat let him play thru that without changing things which I was screaming about.

It cost us 3 goals but in long term it may a great thing for Hanlon/Hibs.

God Bless Hibernian FC.,

:pray:

HibeeN
13-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I think he's been our best defender this season. He had a terrible game in the first half (as did his fellow defenders) but I thought he improved a lot in the second half. This is only his second game back since returning from his hip injury as well, so I think it's fairer to judge him based on the season as a whole and not just today.

DH1875
13-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Think he was better than McPake today.

AlbertK86
13-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Unreal.....Hanlon was quality. Constantly covers 3 positions whilst others players wander all over the park. IF McGivern was going to stay I'd put him in CH next to Hanlon. IF you see him out of position ask why he has tp be out of position. Normally coz Mcpake has missed a tackle and cant track back....

Totally in no mans land on second and along with Cairney and Clancy was heavily to blame in all three goals

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Hanlon was poor 1st half but 2nd half Taylor didn't get away from him once, when he did he was offside. Whole defence was terrible in 1st had but by no means was hanlon the worst. Clancy was asleep for almost the whole game!

fife hfc
14-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Hanlon was poor first half but was far better second half. He has just come back from a long lay off and is still trying to get back up to speed. Clancy was honking the whole game but another who has been missing for a while recently. Hopefully the back four play together in the remaining five games and start to gel as earlier in the season this back four looked promising.