PDA

View Full Version : In laws at Easter

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Anyone else suffering from this terrible affliction :grr: mother in law been at the Bollah house for 24 hours and im already on the edge of madness.

Ive not looked forward to a trip to Easter Road so much in ages :hilarious

Sylar
29-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Heading home to see both sets of parents over the weekend so I share your pain.

They've already had a bit of a spat between themselves as both had planned to take me and Mrs TSSF out for dinner as a means of celebrating me getting my PhD as neither set has seen us since.

Happy Easter, eh? :rolleyes:

greenlex
29-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Bin the Mrs. Problem solved.:greengrin

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I mean, when did it become the cultural norm for me to open my doors to someone i have nothing in common with? Eat my food, drink my wine, bore me with their ****ing boring stories about why o2 customer service is better than vodaphones for 30 ****ing minutes without pausing for breath :grr:

You wouldnt do it for your bosses parents, so why is it expected for your wife's parents?

Peevemor
29-03-2013, 12:06 PM
I've no problem with my in-laws (we're going there for a family meal on Monday). Their knocking on a bit and the conversation can sometimes be excruciatingly boring, but they're good people.

They're also very handy as I have a key to their place and often doss in one of their spare rooms when I've drunk to much to drive home. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I mean, when did it become the cultural norm for me to open my doors to someone i have nothing in common with? Eat my food, drink my wine, bore me with their ****ing boring stories about why o2 customer service is better than vodaphones for 30 ****ing minutes without pausing for breath :grr:

You wouldnt do it for your bosses parents, so why is it expected for your wife's parents?

Your wife's father has just posted a similar thread on another message board! He rants on about Easter and having to visit his daughter who's husband is a tight git, begrudges them a decent glass of wine and fecks off to the football during the weekend. :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Your wife's father has just posted a similar thread on another message board! He rants on about Easter and having to visit his daughter who's husband is a tight git, begrudges them a decent glass of wine and fecks off to the football during the weekend. :greengrin

:hilarious

Sylar
29-03-2013, 01:29 PM

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Anyone else suffering from this terrible affliction :grr: mother in law been at the Bollah house for 24 hours and im already on the edge of madness.

Ive not looked forward to a trip to Easter Road so much in ages :hilarious

Well I sympathise with you. Whenever the wife told me that her mother was coming over to see us I used to say "Can she no just send a photo instead"?

By the way I love your weather reports on the Match Updates. Keep up the good work Mr Bollah. :aok: