PDA

View Full Version : Question gym memberships

Allant1981
26-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Looking for a wee bit advice, i signed up to a gym in oct 2011 for a 3 yr deal. When i signed up they told me that if i moved from the area i could cancel my membership. I recently moved from the area and phoned to cancel my membership. When i phoned up they said i had to have moved 15 miles or more to cancel without paying. I have only moved 13.7 miles. They are now looking for me to pay the next year and a half if i want to cancel even though nothing was mentioned at the time about distances. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Looking for a wee bit advice, i signed up to a gym in oct 2011 for a 3 yr deal. When i signed up they told me that if i moved from the area i could cancel my membership. I recently moved from the area and phoned to cancel my membership. When i phoned up they said i had to have moved 15 miles or more to cancel without paying. I have only moved 13.7 miles. They are now looking for me to pay the next year and a half if i want to cancel even though nothing was mentioned at the time about distances. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Just tell them you've moved to an area where they don't have a gym or simply you've moved over 15miles away. Are they going to check your new address?

Cancel the DD and forget about it.

Jack
26-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Martin knows :-)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=242797

Jones28
26-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Cancel it through your bank if they are gonna be picky about it

Allant1981
27-03-2013, 09:31 AM
was going to do this but realised that its a bloomin credit agreement which for some reason ive never noticed, looks like i may be stuck with a gum membership for the next year and a half

jabis
27-03-2013, 07:37 PM
buy an excercise bike,go walking,and,do sit-ups.

take 2 tins of low sugar beans,and lift them up and down.

when vegitating(? sp)on the couch,raise your legs(the things hanging off your buttocks)UP and hold them there...........and slowly down.

if it hurts like ****** the next day.....repeat.

cost......£sod all....(£1.78 for the beans,for the pedants.)

:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
30-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Just tell them you've moved to an area where they don't have a gym or simply you've moved over 15miles away. Are they going to check your new address?

Cancel the DD and forget about it.

:agree:

Shocking customer service

Zazu62
30-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I have a habit of joining a gym going for a couple of weeks then gradually lose interest .. Anyone else do this?

sleeping giant
31-03-2013, 08:37 PM
I just spent ages phoning different hotels for prices on gym and swin memberships as my local gym does not have a pool.
I have been with my gym for about 3 years and just found out i can use any excite leisure facilities and get into all the pools for free:greengrin
I've been paying to get into bubbles , bathgate and broxburn pools with the kids the whole time :greengrin
Twat !