PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance split up

JohnStephens91
23-03-2013, 05:41 PM
What are people's opinions? Mine is that they are my favourite band and I was lucky enough to see them 14 times. I'm guessing most will be of the opposite viewpoint.

yeezus.
24-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I really liked the Black Parade when it first came out. Unfortunately I didn't get to see them live - and will always remember them coming on stage before Slayer at Download and being bottled!

JohnStephens91
25-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I really liked the Black Parade when it first came out. Unfortunately I didn't get to see them live - and will always remember them coming on stage before Slayer at Download and being bottled!

I remember that too, it was pretty funny, they just kept on playing and were goading the crowd to do it more I seem to recall. That was the infamous Download where all the 'emo' bands got pelted with bottles and Brendan Urie of Panic! At The Disco got hit in the head with a glass bottle and was knocked out, but he carried on after he came round. My Chemical Romance were always brilliant live, they were very theatrical and seemed like a genuine band for the fans and fed off the energy the fans produced. If you ask me they were very underrated. The set at Reading when they headlined was probably their pinnacle and they played with Brian May too for We Will Rock You and Welcome to the Black Parade.

Here is the opener to the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lleP4Uf10wU

Haymaker
25-03-2013, 01:15 PM

It was after Slayer IIRC which made it worse.

yeezus.
25-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I see the channel Scuzz were doing an "RIP MCR" hour. I have it on record but I'm tempted to order the Black Parade again - brought back a lot of pre-University memories!

Sylar
25-03-2013, 06:47 PM
What are people's opinions? Mine is that they are my favourite band and I was lucky enough to see them 14 times. I'm guessing most will be of the opposite viewpoint.

I loved "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" and "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" but they deteriorated as a band for me when they embraced their sudden popularity and started to meddle with classic rock influences, moving away from what made them great on their first 2 albums. The Black Parade was probably their worst album IMO and everything I've heard them release since has been in the same vein.

They isolated their older fans and started to morph their sound and image to appeal to a new market (which you can't blame them for doing - they were, afterall, trying to maximise their potential fanbase and resultant income) and for me personally, My Chemical Romance died once they released Black Parade.

Shame as when I seen them touring "I Brought You My Bullets..." they were an excellent melodic/hardcore band. They didn't have their best performance when I seen them during their "Three Cheers..." tour but they were a reasonable live act.

yeezus.
25-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I loved "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" and "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" but they deteriorated as a band for me when they embraced their sudden popularity and started to meddle with classic rock influences, moving away from what made them great on their first 2 albums. The Black Parade was probably their worst album IMO and everything I've heard them release since has been in the same vein.

They isolated their older fans and started to morph their sound and image to appeal to a new market (which you can't blame them for doing - they were, afterall, trying to maximise their potential fanbase and resultant income) and for me personally, My Chemical Romance died once they released Black Parade.

Shame as when I seen them touring "I Brought You My Bullets..." they were an excellent melodic/hardcore band. They didn't have their best performance when I seen them during their "Three Cheers..." tour but they were a reasonable live act.

I felt a bit like that with Eminem... When I first started listening to him he was rapping about trailer park trash, drugs and alcohol - I could relate to a lot of the Slim Shady LP and some of the Marshall Mathers LP - however, after that I felt he became too much of a pop star..

Steve-O
26-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Ganting band. Did see them once at Meadowbank supporting Muse though...

Judas Iscariot
29-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Ganting band. Did see them once at Meadowbank supporting Muse though...

:aok: