PDA

View Full Version : Box Sets Worth Watching

derekHFC
19-03-2013, 10:44 AM
What's decent out there at the moment?

I've liked '24', Homeland, Heroes, Prison Break Lost and The Event and I've seen Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but what else is worth watching?

I've heard that Dexter is good and I've recorded 'Touch', but not started watching it yet.

Stick your recommendations here.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2013, 11:05 AM
The West Wing, The Wire, The Sopranos.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2013, 11:06 AM
The Shield, Rescue Me, The Walking Dead, Deadwood, Jericho.

Sylar
19-03-2013, 11:07 AM

I've liked '24', Homeland, Heroes, Prison Break Lost and The Event and I've seen Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but what else is worth watching?

I've heard that Dexter is good and I've recorded 'Touch', but not started watching it yet.

Hustle (BBC) has been quite good - got through the first 3 seasons (relatively short) on Netflix the past few days.

The X Files are my personal classic Box Set.

Dexter is good as is The 4400, Warehouse 13 and Numbers :agree:

Out of interest, did you manage to finish Prison Break? I found it was getting so ridiculous by mid-season 4 that I stopped.

derekHFC
19-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Hustle (BBC) has been quite good - got through the first 3 seasons (relatively short) on Netflix the past few days.The X Files are my personal classic Box Set.Dexter is good as is The 4400, Warehouse 13 and Numbers :agree:Out of interest, did you manage to finish Prison Break? I found it was getting so ridiculous by mid-season 4 that I stopped.Cheers, I'll have a look at a few mentioned.

Prison Break was great in series 1 & 2, but I felt that 3 & 4 were a bit of a let down. I was really disappointed in the ending.

GlesgaeHibby
19-03-2013, 11:48 AM
The Wire, Breaking Bad and The Killing (danish one). The best TV out there IMO.

Hank Schrader
19-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Breaking Bad. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Absolutely outstanding.

hibeenicol
19-03-2013, 12:24 PM
The Wire, Breaking Bad and The Killing (danish one). The best TV out there IMO.

Agree with Breaking bad, it's probably the best TV series I've ever watched. Think I watched all 5 series in 2 weeks. Looking forward to the finale think it's meant to be on in the summer sometime.

Currently watching the walking dead which is good and Vikings which is on in America just now which is worth a watch.

Mon Dieu4
19-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Sons of Anarchy is a great watch

jabis
19-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Hamish Macbeth,great series :agree:

Hank Schrader
19-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Agree with Breaking bad, it's probably the best TV series I've ever watched. Think I watched all 5 series in 2 weeks. Looking forward to the finale think it's meant to be on in the summer sometime.

I have never been a fan of US drama series but I started BB a week ago and I am already on Season 3 episode 3, which will be getting watched tonight with another couple to follow that. Not surprised you smashed the lot in two weeks! Like the subject of its plot it is hugely addictive.

Godsahibby
19-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Big fan of Breaking Bad myself but still can't help laugh at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I

EH6 Hibby
19-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I love Mad Men, I didn't watch it from the start but ended up watching the first 4 series in just over a week. There's only 13 in each series so not as long as some others out there.

Godsahibby
19-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't really watch any "live" tv anymore, if it wasn't for the sport I would get rid of my sky subscription because I download most things. Many have been mentioned above, really liked Sons of Anarchy and pretty gripped by The Walking Dead at the moment.

There is a new thing being advertised that starts soon on Sky 1, Revolution. Watched up to the break of the first season, trailer makes it look really good, it's not watchable very much like Fast Forward.

As for boxsets, if you haven't already seen Band of Brothers I would recommend that, also Life, another thing Damien Lewis is in is quality.

Allant1981
19-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Airwolf

Hanny
19-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Two more votes for The West Wing and Deadwood.

Also, House M.D. with Hugh Laurie is fantastic.

StevesFamau5
19-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Castle. Probably the best crime series out. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Haymaker
19-03-2013, 05:35 PM
The Shield and The Wire are my two favs. Deadwood is great too.

I would vote Sons of Anarchy too but it hasnt ended yet so you'll get stuck waiting for season 6&7 like I am!

alhibby
19-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Download most shows these days and the current favourite is Southland, now on season 5, its excellent. Cop show set in LA.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Rich Man Poor Man

Speedy
19-03-2013, 06:21 PM

Dexter and Breaking Bad are both very good.

Chris.igoe
19-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Spartacus , vengeance. It's brilliant a lot of blood tho

Hibs Class
19-03-2013, 06:39 PM
For documentary box sets I like all the David Attenborough series. Best for me, though, is The Great War and The World at War - both superlative.

easty
19-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm watching series 3 of breaking bad just now. My vote would go to The Sopranos, I was gutted when I finished watching it.

Hanny
19-03-2013, 06:58 PM
For documentary box sets I like all the David Attenborough series. Best for me, though, is The Great War and The World at War - both superlative.

Also along the same lines The Civil War by Ken Burns and narrated by David McCullough. Epic stuff.

Piqué
19-03-2013, 07:20 PM
The Wire and Game of Thrones are probably my top two. Homeland, Spartacus, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Lost, Sopranos, Prison Break are all up there too.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Boardwalk Empire.

My favourite at the moment is The Following, currently showing on Sky Atlantic.

Godsahibby
19-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Maybe deserves a thread of its own but seeing as there are so many Breaking Bad fans reading this thread I thought you might appreciate this...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/breaking-bad-a-front-for-crystal-meth-manufacture-2013031162320

Mon Dieu4
19-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Currently watching the walking dead which is good and Vikings which is on in America just now which is worth a watch.

Im liking the Vikings, Ragnar is the man!!

matty_f
19-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Boardwalk Empire.

Can't believe it took til post 27 for someone to mention Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely brilliant show. :top marks

Homeland was great as well.

Wembley67
19-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Entourage.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Its a bit old now, but, Homicide - Life on the streets was a great programme.

sambajustice
20-03-2013, 08:34 AM
The Sopranos is good.

Life on Mars is good, Ashes to Ashes - good but not as good as LoM

I've heard that Eastbound and Down is quite good and funny.

Like it was mentioned in an earlier post, series' generally get more and more ridiculous as the episodes and seasons roll on. I try to avoid watching a Series because I know its just going to turn into farce and be impossible to follow.

I suppose though, if you buy a box set it would be easier to follow because you can watch as many episodes as you like on the bounce and not lose the place.

Marabou Stork
20-03-2013, 01:50 PM
A couple that havent been mentioned yet:

Oz - Starts out as a really gritty attempt at realism set in a prison, but soon descends into some of the most enjoyable nonsense I've ever seen.

Twin Peaks - The most underrated tv show of all time for me. Not always the easiest watch, but brilliant nonetheless.

Romanzo Criminale - An italian series about a gang of small time criminals who gradually take power. Again it can be laughable at times, but it's really addictive.

Firefly - Just watch it ok.

DH1875
20-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Out of interest, did you manage to finish Prison Break? I found it was getting so ridiculous by mid-season 4 that I stopped.

Cheers, I'll have a look at a few mentioned.

Prison Break was great in series 1 & 2, but I felt that 3 & 4 were a bit of a let down. I was really disappointed in the ending.

:agree::agree::agree:. Prison break was crap in season 3/4.

OZ is a really good shout so I'll second that.

DH1875
20-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Can't believe it took til post 27 for someone to mention Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely brilliant show. :top marks

Homeland was great as well.

Could't get my head around Boardwalk empire and gave up on it after season 1. Thought it really dragged on and on. Much prefer Game of Thrones.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Not a box set as such but the original series of The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan is well worth a watch.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-03-2013, 03:27 PM
The West Wing, The Wire, The Sopranos.

West Wing is amazing if you like politics, probably still alright if you don't.

Sopranos is amasing. End of. The Wire is ok but I personally think its over hyped.

Prison Break is pretty good as well.

Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes are both very good if you prefer something British.

Future17
20-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Would highly recommend:

West Wing (think there's 7 seasons).
Sons of Anarchy (currently 5 seasons, 2 more rumoured).
Stargate (all versions - 10 seasons in SG1 plus 2 feature length episodes, 5 seasons in Atlantis and I think 2 seasons of Universe).
The Shield (can't remember how many seasons, but they're all amazing).
Game of Thrones (2 seasons down, new one starts in under 2 weeks).
The Black Donnellys (1 season only but it's a good 'un).

Currently watching:

Banshee (first season just finished and it was brilliant).
Breaking Bad (I know I'm going to be unpopular on this thread, but I'm mid-season 2 and I've totally gone off it. Moves far too slowly for my liking).
Revolution (not been impressed).
The Following (slowish start but starting to come together now about 8/9 episodes in to season 1 - it could be really good).
Elementary (very enjoyable - season 1 almost finished).
White Collar (pretty light-hearted cop/criminal buddy series - easy watching).
Arrow (Robin Hood meets Batman meets Lost meets The OC - very addictive - almost finished season 1).
Spartacus (almost finished seaon 1 - very enjoyable - lots of blood, even more sex).
Criminal Minds (now in seaon 8 and there's good reason for that - some moments of genuine edge of your seat tension/fear in there).

There's bound to be others which I can't think of just now.

Barman Stanton
20-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Breaking Bad and The Wire both essential viewing. My favourite is still the Sopranos though, half way through the box set for the 2nd time. Just gets better with each series, although the end is a bit of a letdown.

Comedy wise Curb Your Enthusiam is excellent.

--------
20-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Its a bit old now, but, Homicide - Life on the streets was a great programme.

Oh yes - I have all six series and go back to watch them over and over. Brilliant cast and the source of my favourite throwaway line on TV - Meldrick's "And the bear said, You don't really come here for the hunting, do you?"

The Wire - The Killing - Band of Brothers - Generation Kill - Breaking Bad.

And an oldie well worth watching is "I, Claudius".

And has NOBODY mentioned "JUSTIFIED" yet???????????????

marinello59
20-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Breaking Bad and The Wire both essential viewing. My favourite is still the Sopranos though, half way through the box set for the 2nd time. Just gets better with each series, although the end is a bit of a letdown.

Comedy wise Curb Your Enthusiam is excellent.

This thread has come at just the right time as we finished watching The Sopranos last night. Mrs M59 hated the ending, I thought it was perfect.
Boardwalk Empire is next up.

Hibrandenburg
20-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Cheers. Don't normally like yank sitcoms but this is different, hasn't aged either.

Barman Stanton
20-03-2013, 05:30 PM
This thread has come at just the right time as we finished watching The Sopranos last night. Mrs M59 hated the ending, I thought it was perfect.
Boardwalk Empire is next up.

I found the whole last series a bit of a drag. Didn't really like all the dream sequences. Still, that's a small gripe for an amazing price of tv.

pacorosssco
20-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Boardwalk Empire.

Both very good as is breaking bad and hate to say it the good wife. Not a patch on spender and the equaliser

Best box set of all time must be only fools and horses

Willis1875
20-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Watched the 1st series of house of cards with Kevin spacey in it,very decent stuff.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Oz - Starts out as a really gritty attempt at realism set in a prison, but soon descends into some of the most enjoyable nonsense I've ever seen.

Twin Peaks - The most underrated tv show of all time for me. Not always the easiest watch, but brilliant nonetheless.

Romanzo Criminale - An italian series about a gang of small time criminals who gradually take power. Again it can be laughable at times, but it's really addictive.

:agree:

I tried to watch Twin Peaks when it first came out in the early 90's and just couldn't get into it, but a couple of years back it was repeated on the Horror channel so stuck it on my Sky+ series link. It does get a bit silly at times, particularly towards the end of the 2nd series after we find out who killed Laura Palmer, but I thought it was brilliant, very surreal like all of David Lynch's stuff, who is hilarious as the deaf FBI chief. :greengrin

Greentinted
20-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Honourable mention for Murder One (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112086/). Similar format to 24 but following a murder trial from crime scene to verdict.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Honourable mention for Murder One (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112086/). Similar format to 24 but following a murder trial from crime scene to verdict.

Thoroughly enjoyed that when it was on SKY1.

.Sean.
20-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Sopranos and Band of Brothers are the Kings of boxsets! Watched the full 80-odd episodes of the Sopranos in a month earlier in the year when I wasn't working. Got a fair few boxsets in the house, I'll post up what I've got when I'm home.

Homeland will be the next purchase.

frazeHFC
20-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Sopranos, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Heroes that have already been named all class! Rome is worth a watch too, loved that! Got 24 which i will start soon so loads still to watch. Just finished Gavin and Stacey for about the 4th time, love that! :greengrin :thumbsup:

And Dexter!!! Bloody love that, how could i forget!

Also gonna watch Breaking Bad (seems everyone is watching it at Uni just now) and Boardwalk Empire in the future.

HibeeN
21-03-2013, 10:59 AM

This.:thumbsup:And because it only ran for one season it's not too big a commitment so get through it, and there is a film to go along with it (Serenity). Every so often I watch through the series and then the film. Never loses any of its magic or humour. Probably my favourite TV series ever despite it only being one season long.

Would highly recommend:
Game of Thrones (2 seasons down, new one starts in under 2 weeks).

:agree: Love the A Song of Ice and Fire books and Game of Thrones is one of those rare occasions where an adaptation does a particularly good job at bringing it to life. Great characters, action, twists and turns in events. I love the fantasy genre but I think even people that aren't huge fans would still enjoy this - less fantastical elements and more to do with political intrigue.

Geo_1875
21-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Loved Murder One first time around. Bought the box-set with the second series and found that it has dated badly. The second series is almost unwatchable. I'd go for anything in the Law and Order franchise.

Mon Dieu4
21-03-2013, 03:04 PM
This.:thumbsup:And because it only ran for one season it's not too big a commitment so get through it, and there is a film to go along with it (Serenity). Every so often I watch through the series and then the film. Never loses any of its magic or humour. Probably my favourite TV series ever despite it only being one season long.

:agree: Love the A Song of Ice and Fire books and Game of Thrones is one of those rare occasions where an adaptation does a particularly good job at bringing it to life. Great characters, action, twists and turns in events. I love the fantasy genre but I think even people that aren't huge fans would still enjoy this - less fantastical elements and more to do with political intrigue.

i love the books too, some wait for the winds of winter, i want it now!!

Future17
21-03-2013, 03:05 PM

I'd forgotten all about Murder One - loved that as a kid when I wanted to be a lawyer! :greengrin

:agree:

My girlfriend refuses to watch anything that "couldn't actually happen" but was interested to know what Game of Thrones was about. I explained it to her, as best I could, accentuating the non-fantastical elements and she seemed kind of interested. Unfortunately, the next time she saw a clip of it, it was the "dragons and boobies" scene and, for some reason, that put her off. :greengrin

Wilson
21-03-2013, 04:11 PM
My girlfriend refuses to watch anything that "couldn't actually happen" but was interested to know what Game of Thrones was about. I explained it to her, as best I could, accentuating the non-fantastical elements and she seemed kind of interested. Unfortunately, the next time she saw a clip of it, it was the "dragons and boobies" scene and, for some reason, that put her off. :greengrin

I only started watching it recently and was in the midst of season one around the time Richard III skeleton was being dug up in real life.

Without having studied any history I picked up that he was brought over to run 'the north' for the king, his brother, and was supposedly quite successful at it. When his brother died he was meant to be acting as king until the heir to his brothers throne was old enough to take over. He took over for himself and questioned the perentage of the heirs apparent. His usurping the throne in this way was unpopular and found him embroiled in war which didn't end well for him!

Therefore, the idea that Ned Stark would leave the North to take up a role as king's hand and the idea that there would be more pretenders (many more in GoT!) vieing for the throne is firmly rooted in reality. As is the questioning of Geoffrey Baratheon's (pah) parentage. Very interesting viewing for the non-fantastical elements.

Although, I only really watch it for Emelia Clarke - she doesn't strip off nearly enough in it.

Haymaker
21-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Would highly recommend:

Sons of Anarchy (currently 5 seasons, 2 more rumoured).

The Shield (can't remember how many seasons, but they're all amazing).

7 series of SoA are confirmed! :thumbsup:

And 7 series of The Shield although one is quite short (due to the writers strike IIRC).

The Shield leaves you with something for life... WWVMD? :agree:

Haymaker
21-03-2013, 05:04 PM
:agree: Love the A Song of Ice and Fire books

Bloody hard to read at times, I forget who some of the bloody characters are! :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
21-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Bloody hard to read at times, I forget who some of the bloody characters are! :greengrin

some of the characters chapters are a bit of a chore, i keep thinking let me see what the imp is up to

Haymaker
21-03-2013, 05:23 PM
some of the characters chapters are a bit of a chore, i keep thinking let me see what the imp is up to

YES! Exactly! Get on with it and give us what we all want! More imp! :greengrin

Also, the best part of having read the books is that my friends who have started to watch the series dont know if I am winding them up or not...

HibeeN
21-03-2013, 05:42 PM
YES! Exactly! Get on with it and give us what we all want! More imp! :greengrin

Also, the best part of having read the books is that my friends who have started to watch the series dont know if I am winding them up or not...

And more Jaime!! And Arya. And less Jon :zzzzz!:

I usually watch it with my mum, who doesn't read the books, and she sometimes forgets who's who. And she's always trying to guess who will be killed...

I just think the series/books are great and that's almost certainly down to the wide, diverse range of characters - there are so many but none of them are bland or uninteresting, or completely good or evil, which makes the whole story so interesting.

Mon Dieu4
21-03-2013, 06:01 PM
And more Jaime!! And Arya. And less Jon :zzzzz!:

I usually watch it with my mum, who doesn't read the books, and she sometimes forgets who's who. And she's always trying to guess who will be killed...

I just think the series/books are great and that's almost certainly down to the wide, diverse range of characters - there are so many but none of them are bland or uninteresting, or completely good or evil, which makes the whole story so interesting.

Jon doesn't bother me so much, but Danny, Sansa and Brienne send me to sleep

More Imp, Jaime and Ayra please, even now I've forgotten half of what's happened so will have to read the last couple of books just before the winds of winter

danhibees1875
23-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Have really enjoyed 24, Lost and Prison Break (for the first 2 years anyway).

Catch a bit of Castle every now and then which is good, although haven't watched it in order.

Just started The Walking Dead which I have high hopes for. :aok:

The_Todd
23-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Twin Peaks has no equal. Totally original and engaging, though some of the second series story arcs are annoying as hell (anything involving James Hurley, really.)

Anyone attempting Twin Peaks howver should pay attention to every last detail. No skipping episodes or not really concentrating, you need to see them all properly otherwise certain bits will not make sense later. Maybe thats why it was never picked up for a third series - far too much demand placed on the viewer.

Still, it'll never be beaten as far as I'm concerned.

degenerated
24-03-2013, 12:10 AM
The wire surpasses anything else I have ever watched. The sopranos and the shield were both good but not in the same league.
Another that's worth a watch is generation kill, only 7 episodes but really good nonetheless.

yeezus.
24-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I really got into the US version of the Office. Of course, it's not as good as the British version but you can get the first three seasons box set for dirt cheap online.

After season 3, the Americans really take it too far and it becomes less and less believable - still funny though!

The_Todd
25-03-2013, 12:08 AM
I really got into the US version of the Office. Of course, it's not as good as the British version but you can get the first three seasons box set for dirt cheap online.

After season 3, the Americans really take it too far and it becomes less and less believable - still funny though!

I love the US Office. I think I even prefer it to the original, but you're right it's different and less documentary and more sitcom.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2013, 01:14 AM
The wire surpasses anything else I have ever watched. The sopranos and the shield were both good but not in the same league.
Another that's worth a watch is generation kill, only 7 episodes but really good nonetheless.

The Wire is the best TV I have ever watched. Mainly brcause they treat the viewer as though they have a level of intelligence and trust themnto remember what has gone before.

On saying that, and this may sound stupid, I tried to watch it again lately and just couldn't. Seeing great characters like Omar, D'Angelo and Stringer and knowing how it ended up for them was just too tough.

yeezus.
25-03-2013, 09:24 AM
I love the US Office. I think I even prefer it to the original, but you're right it's different and less documentary and more sitcom.

:agree: I think the Dwight Jim storyline was fantastic - and I remember being completely in love with Jenna Fischer (Pam) for many years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2013, 11:20 PM
For anyone with virgin tv I see the first four series of The Shield are available via on demand, well worth a watch.

The_Exile
26-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Firefly - The network it was aired on utterly butchered it, showed the episodes in the wrong order, and then cancelled it for poor ratings!!!!!! But the show is a work of art, everything clicks, script, actors (Nathan Fillion is immense), writing, it's incredible, but it is a space western. Some people can't get past that, but for those who can, a treat awaits. Serenity is the film which ties up the loose ends of the series, although it was originally planned to be a 7 series show by writer Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer writer).

Breaking Bad - Best TV series I've ever seen, dunno how to expand on it, I'm currently 4 eps into the 4th series after 3 weeks,and I'm already gutted as I know it'll all be over soon.

Never seen 'The Sporano's', 'The Wire', '24' or 'Lost', but they are on my "to watch" list!

Hibbylad86
26-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Has been said by Boardwalk Empire is brilliant!

Game of Thrones is good aswell

hibsbollah
26-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Band of Brothers
West Wing
Killing 1, 2 and 3
Sopranos
Rome series 1 (series 2 was rubbish)

From yesteryear
Northern Exposure
Our Friends in the North

Marabou Stork
27-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Just remembered 'community' and 'parks and recreation'.

Ron Swanson is my hero.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111014231321/parksandrecreation/images/3/3a/Swanson_Pyramid_of_Greatness.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111014231321/parksandrecreation/images/3/3a/Swanson_Pyramid_of_Greatness.jpg

Mixu62
28-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Count one more vote for the Soprano's, Deadwood and the West Wing. If American drama series are your thing, Rescue Me is also very good. Dennis Leary's show about post 9/11 firemen in NYC.

Also I really enjoyed the re-make of Battlestar Galactica but then I'm a bit of a sci-fi nerd.

For comedy - the Mighty Boosh. Surreal brit-com at it's best!

frazeHFC
28-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Band of Brothers
West Wing
Killing 1, 2 and 3
Sopranos
Rome series 1 (series 2 was rubbish)

From yesteryear
Northern Exposure
Our Friends in the North

Series 1 was without a shadow of a doubt better, but still think series 2 is worth a watch, if not just to find out what happens more than anything. Only thing i found disappointing with Rome was the battle scenes, could have put more into it and made it more lengthy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Spielberg's Taken is worth a wee look too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Somebody posted Criminal Minds which I would also agree with. There is also a spin off series called Suspect Behaviour which finished its first series with a real cliffhanger, but, unfortunately series 2 has been ditched which is a pity.

derekHFC
13-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Sons of Anarchy is a great watch

Just done the second season of SOA and it is cracking :aok:

Godsahibby
13-05-2013, 11:25 AM
For anyone with a feminine side, got to admit that my guilty pleasure is Greys Anatomy, my mrs got me into it when we met a couple of years ago, had to try and catch up on the 6 seasons there had already been and did it in no time. Great watching. Half expected the characters to get annoying after a while but the story lines make it very addictive.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2013, 02:50 PM
For anyone with a feminine side, got to admit that my guilty pleasure is Greys Anatomy, my mrs got me into it when we met a couple of years ago, had to try and catch up on the 6 seasons there had already been and did it in no time. Great watching. Half expected the characters to get annoying after a while but the story lines make it very addictive.

I'll chuck in a guilty plea for that as well! Alex is the main man! Watched up to the end of series 8 so far, got series 9 downloaded, not got round to watching it yet.

Mon Dieu4
13-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Just done the second season of SOA and it is cracking :aok:

It gets better, keep watching!!

BroxburnHibee
13-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Having watched every episode of 24 I'm delighted to hear a new series is planned

HibsMax
13-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm not reading through all these posts so these might all be duplicates.

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Six Feet Under (only one owned as a boxed set)
Californication
Nurse Jackie

Now I don't have these all as boxed sets but these are shows that I watch onDemand and can't wait to come back on again. Breaking Bad is in its final season. Dexter "might" be in its final season. Six Feet Under is done. Not sure about the others.

Almost anything produced by FX Networks is great.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Another one from FX is American Horror Story, freaky stuff!

derekHFC
14-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Having watched every episode of 24 I'm delighted to hear a new series is planned

Seen that this morning, but its quite disappointing that its only 12 episodes long and they're missing out certain hours. The whole point of the programme is that its a full-day story.