PDA

View Full Version : Virgin media

DH1875
17-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Is their 30mb broadband any good? Using it mainly for surfing the net and online gaming.

speedy_gonzales
19-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Is their 30mb broadband any good? Using it mainly for surfing the net and online gaming.
No complaints from me, I'm on their 60meg service now but have been with them for 13 years since their 512kb days!!
The availability of their service is good, I must be near the holly grail 99.5% availability, I doubt there's many ADSL providers can match that. Their traffic shaping isn't as aggressive at peak times as other providers. They used to claim there was NO shaping whatsoever but they do throttle back a little bit in the evenings.
Surfing the net and gaming doesn't need much more than a 2meg line to be honest, gaming is more reliant on a low ping/network latency but the 30Meg should more than meet your requirements.

DH1875
20-03-2013, 12:59 PM
No complaints from me, I'm on their 60meg service now but have been with them for 13 years since their 512kb days!!
The availability of their service is good, I must be near the holly grail 99.5% availability, I doubt there's many ADSL providers can match that. Their traffic shaping isn't as aggressive at peak times as other providers. They used to claim there was NO shaping whatsoever but they do throttle back a little bit in the evenings.
Surfing the net and gaming doesn't need much more than a 2meg line to be honest, gaming is more reliant on a low ping/network latency but the 30Meg should more than meet your requirements.

Cheers bud :aok:.

Moving house so trying to work put the best deal as had SKY before.

Bighoose
23-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Have to agree with everything Speedy already said.

Have also been with them for 10 years and now also on 60Mb service and no complaints about speed or reliability.

You might get cheaper elsewhere but I would still recommend Virgin Media.