PDA

View Full Version : Random Dress Sense

Sweet Left Peg
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Sitting in college this morning, daydreaming of when the Yams finally go breests upwards, I happened to look down at the shoes that the Indian guy in front of me was wearing and to my amusement, I noticed that they were Adidas golf shoes. Soft spikes, I grant you, but definitely golf shoes nonetheless. I mused on this a while longer and chuckled to myself, but for the life of me I could not work out why he might have chosen to wear golf shoes to college.

A bet? Unlikely. To gain better grip on the pavements walking in? No, it is a lovely mild day here. More comfortable? Possibly, but then again why the need to use golf shoes, shoes designed specifically for wearing on the golf course, instead of trainers, which are generally comfortable too?

"Hmmmmm, I think I need to ask him."

SLP: "Excuse me, why are you wearing golf shoes to college?"

Guy: "These are not golf shoes."

SLP: "Yes they are."

Guy: "No they are not. In India they are called casual shoes."

Now, I have been to India, albeit a few years ago and for only a short time, but I do not recall anyone walking the streets in a pair of golf shoes. No shoes at all, yes. But golf shoes? No.

Perhaps someone who has been to India in the last six years can confirm that I am mistaken. Or is it the latest trend of a burgeoning middle class?

In any case, what is the most random, the funniest or the most puzzling piece of clothing or footwear that you have come across?

EdinMike
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I await the John McGlynn Shirt tie/trackie picture any minute now..

Craig_HFC
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I saw a guy on Sunday (well most of the folk on the same bus to Killie as me did too) at the top of Leith Street/Waterloo Place wearing normal casual clothes but also a pair of black and white spats for shoes.

Was pretty amusing.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Anything 'random' in dress is to be condemned as an unpardonable lapse of style. The collection in one's wardrobe should be assembled with the utmost care. Of course, within this arena of meticulous planning, one also has to allow for the top inspired left-field choice.

But while a look should appear to be 'random' (indeed the most stylish amongst us strive for this effect) it should really be anything but.

Keith_M
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Not so far fetched, actually. In the mid-80s, some of our very own Casuals were wearing Golf Shoes. Apparently, it was trendy for about three weeks in 1986.

Maybe some are reading this thread and would like to own up to this fashion faux-pas? :wink:

Killiehibbie
05-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Not so far fetched, actually. In the mid-80s, some of our very own Casuals were wearing Golf Shoes. Apparently, it was trendy for about three weeks in 1986.

Maybe some are reading this thread and would like to own up to this fashion faux-pas? :wink:
I must've missed seeing those but do remember seeing the ten pin bowling shoes and thinking they're minging.

Wembley67
05-03-2013, 12:51 PM
I must've missed seeing those but do remember seeing the ten pin bowling shoes and thinking they're minging.

They still look the damage :thumbsup:

In my warped opinion anyway :cb

Hibby Gav
05-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I carried on the convo where you left it mate....

[QUOTE=Sweet Left Peg;3525305]Sitting in college this morning, daydreaming of when the Yams finally go breests upwards, I happened to look down at the shoes that the Indian guy in front of me was wearing and to my amusement, I noticed that they were Adidas golf shoes. Soft spikes, I grant you, but definitely golf shoes nonetheless. I mused on this a while longer and chuckled to myself, but for the life of me I could not work out why he might have chosen to wear golf shoes to college.

A bet? Unlikely. To gain better grip on the pavements walking in? No, it is a lovely mild day here. More comfortable? Possibly, but then again why the need to use golf shoes, shoes designed specifically for wearing on the golf course, instead of trainers, which are generally comfortable too?

"Hmmmmm, I think I need to ask him."

SLP: "Excuse me, why are you wearing golf shoes to college?"

Guy: "These are not golf shoes."

SLP: "Yes they are."

SLP : Are you a Merrick?

Guy : All is barry

SLP : Ahhh I understand....carry on

:wink:

Hibby cal
05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Last week I dropped two girls of on slateford rd in my
taxi. They both were wearing dressy kind of tops but were also wearing
Addidas tracksuit bottoms(stripes included on sides) with
high heel shoes. Now that is georgie class !!!!!!!

Sweet Left Peg
05-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Was the name McGlynn by any chance???

Treadstone
05-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Sitting in college this morning, daydreaming of when the Yams finally go breests upwards, I happened to look down at the shoes that the Indian guy in front of me was wearing and to my amusement, I noticed that they were Adidas golf shoes. Soft spikes, I grant you, but definitely golf shoes nonetheless. I mused on this a while longer and chuckled to myself, but for the life of me I could not work out why he might have chosen to wear golf shoes to college.

This look is nothing without the troosers being tucked into white sports socks.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/981838/sports_socks_salesman/

Future17
05-03-2013, 02:37 PM

This can probably be explained away by the time of day Shirley? What time was it?

Keith_M
05-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Awrite Vlad, how's it gaun?

:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
05-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Awrite Vlad, how's it gaun?

:thumbsup:

#allisbarry

darrenmcintosh2
05-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Have a cheeky wee pair of Velcro (yes Velcro) red white and blue deer Parks finest bowling shoes in my wardrobe sacrificed a beat up pair of gazelles for these numbers. Must admit. I looked like a rite nipple when a strolled in to my local nightclub with them on

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-03-2013, 10:59 PM

tempted to google that...

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 01:11 AM
indoor bowling shoes are comfy, and look no bad actually, but it's got to be Merrell, or you've nae class,simply nane:wink: