PDA

View Full Version : Young lad with the burst nose?

.Sean.
12-02-2013, 02:56 AM
As my mate and I left the stadium after about 60 minutes there was a laddie, maybe around 16 17 saying to the steward in the East concourse someone lamped him for some reason... Anyone see what happened?

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Lamped for leaving early?

wearethehibs
12-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Theres a thread on the bounce about it. He was punched by a middle aged man cause his mate said something about part time fans when people were leaving early apparently.

Saw part of the incident. Hope the twat gets caught, sure it was reported to the police.

mmmmhibby
12-02-2013, 09:27 AM
when are some people gonna realise its virtually impossible to avoid getting caught doing anything untoward nowadays at football stadiums, high streets etc. We live in a big brother society.

WHUHibs
12-02-2013, 09:32 AM
when are some people gonna realise its virtually impossible to avoid getting caught doing anything untoward nowadays at football stadiums, high streets etc. We live in a big brother society.

Didn't see the incident but saw the bloodied nose and the guy saying something when he left. Unfortunately nobody stepped in at the time...I can only guess which guy it was but idiots have no place within our support,,,I hope he gets caught and I am sure the guy who was hit can tell them what seat he was in so it shouldn't be too difficult!

1two
12-02-2013, 10:38 AM
There are numerous cameras covering the east (more so than other stands), he will undoubtedly be on film.

Hermit Crab
12-02-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1283892#post1283892

Time For Heroes
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1283892#post1283892
Cheers for that HC, that Chavez guy is a right sausage jockey eh?!

NOLA
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Its been mentioned on twitter so no doubt the bizzies will deal with it now ;)

Hermit Crab
12-02-2013, 11:35 AM

I just think he's at the lash. :fishin:

thehappyhibee
12-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Afternoon guys, I'm ZemmamasBarnet from the Bounce.

If anyone can offer any information whatsoever, could you private message me as I'd like to pass it on to the police / club. I won't mention your name if you'd prefer to remain anonymous however I feel very strongly about tracking this guy down.

I've got a rough description of the culprit, where he sits and that he's a regular so fingers crossed he'll be found and dealt with appropriately. Being pissed off with Hibs is one thing but taking the hump, whether it's at the right or wrong people, belting a young laddie and then scarpering is completely out of order.

Cheers

John

Greendub
12-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear about you brother mate, nobody deserves to be assaulted at the fitbaw

thehappyhibee
12-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear about you brother mate, nobody deserves to be assaulted at the fitbaw

Cheers, I appreciate it and I'll pass the message on.

I know it isn't crime of the century but I'm probably going to bump this thread from time to time. As I say, I'm very keen to find the guy and hopefully someone can provide a name or seat number I can pass on.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Cheers, I appreciate it and I'll pass the message on.

I know it isn't crime of the century but I'm probably going to bump this thread from time to time. As I say, I'm very keen to find the guy and hopefully someone can provide a name or seat number I can pass on.

Can't help with any info mate as I sit in the West but I'm sure this coward will be brought to justice with witnesses CCTV etc. I hope your brother is recovering and not in any way put off attending ER by the actions of this coward. I couldn't even begin to describe my anger if this had happened to my 19 year old son who attends with me.

12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
A grown man punching a teenage boy then quickly heading for the exit - wow what a big hard man he must feel!

Disgusting behaviour, everyone was frustrated last night but that absolutely does not excuse thuggish behaviour like this and morons like this who try to act the big man with pathetic acts like this have no place at Easter Road. Hopefully he's caught and banned for life from Easter Road and the police take action as well.

thehappyhibee
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Can't help with any info mate as I sit in the West but I'm sure this coward will be brought to justice with witnesses CCTV etc. I hope your brother is recovering and not in any way put off attending ER by the actions of this coward. I couldn't even begin to describe my anger if this had happened to my 19 year old son who attends with me.

He'll be back at Easter Road as soon as Hibs are, he's not been put off. He's learned a very valuable lesson as to whom his friends are although I'm sure he'd have preferred to have done that less painfully.

I've got an email fired off to Robbie McGregor at Easter Road. I'm not sure as to what capacity he's employed by the club and he's not in the 'office' until Thursday but I'm reliably informed he's the man to talk to about this type of incident. I'm determined to explore every avenue possible and make sure this boy gets weeded out and faces the music.

essexhibee
14-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Pathetic behaviour. Hopefully the CCTV in the stand will catch the ********.

Was at Peterborough v Leicester were two casuals next to me decided to have a full blown fight. Football brings out the dregs of society at times :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
14-02-2013, 03:09 AM

When i saw this comment i thought it can't be that bad, but having now read the Bounce thread i have to agree with you, 100% twat.

Hope your brother is fine and the guy that done it gets caught. Also pretty poor to hear about his mates dad turning a blind eye!

EdinMike
14-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Think I left at 58 minutes myself, was severely pissed off with the application and the performance that night. And I think that's the earliest i've ever left a Hibs game. Glad I wasn't hooked by a barsteward !

Hope you're brother is ok and get's himself back to ER soon !

007 Mickey Weir
14-02-2013, 07:39 AM
I sit just behind. Didn't see why it happened but it seemed that the young guy made a comment about leaving early or slagging the players. Middle aged guy just lumped him and burst his nose. Middle Ages guy then left. Over pretty quick but young guy was left with a burst nose.

If he is a season ticket holder he will be back next game and can be pointed out.

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 12:26 PM
The CCTV has been "downloaded" according to the police and it'll be reviewed. Hopefully come up with something positive soon.

I'm not a regular visitor to hibs.net so I don't know if there's a gallery section but If anyone has any pictures from the East stand during any game this year, particularly of Section 43 and below where my brother was sat, I'd appreciate a look at them.

Thanks again

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 12:30 PM
The CCTV has been "downloaded" according to the police and it'll be reviewed. Hopefully come up with something positive soon.

I'm not a regular visitor to hibs.net so I don't know if there's a gallery section but If anyone has any pictures from the East stand during any game this year, particularly of Section 43 and below where my brother was sat, I'd appreciate a look at them.

Thanks again

You are just going to have to let it go... it is unfortunate that it happened. However it isn't crime of the century. Scouring pictures in the hope of ID'ing the person... really?

Albanian Hibs
14-02-2013, 12:47 PM
You are just going to have to let it go... it is unfortunate that it happened. However it isn't crime of the century. Scouring pictures in the hope of ID'ing the person... really?

Why should he let it go? So an assault is acceptable?

JIm
14-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Looks like we've found the culprit :wink:

Swedish hibee
14-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Not at all!

We live in a Western world of free speech where we can voice our opinon freely without fear of violence if some don't like what we have to say.. Or so I thought........

I am appalled at the thought of the Hibs family where men, women, OAP's and children come together having a person like this in it. I hope he comes forward himself, as this is NOT what we need at Easter Road.

What a world we live in, if anyone finds this acceptable :bitchy:

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 01:04 PM

What is it going to achieve? The 'man' was out of order and I suspect that he will know about it as will have seen or heard something on here or Bounce. Do you want him to go to court for this? That might get him a £100 fine at most. Do you want a football banning order? I don't know if that could happen? Or is it simply an apology?

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Looks like we've found the culprit :wink:

I still have my boarding pass for the 19:50 flight back up from London that evening... :thumbsup:

JIm
14-02-2013, 01:09 PM
What is it going to achieve? The 'man' was out of order and I suspect that he will know about it as will have seen or heard something on here or Bounce. Do you want him to go to court for this? That might get him a £100 fine at most. Do you want a football banning order? I don't know if that could happen? Or is it simply an apology?

In this day in age people need to be held accountable for their actions.

Punching a kid is not acceptable.

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Yup, really. I'm not on some moral crusade here but I refuse to sit idly by and do nothing. If I can identify him to the police, I will.

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 01:14 PM
In this day in age people need to be held accountable for their actions.

Punching a kid is not acceptable.

I am not saying it is acceptable... I am saying let it go - asking for photos of the stand??? It has been reported to the authorities... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! Turning into Poiriot, Agatha Christie or Columbo is not going to help.

It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Yup, really. I'm not on some moral crusade here but I refuse to sit idly by and do nothing. If I can identify him to the police, I will.

Would you approach this man at the next home game?

edinburghhibee
14-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I can understand we're your coming from woody, and just so we are clear this is unacceptable behaviour at the football, but it's not a child we are talking about here it's a 19 year old who has been assaulted. Think this witch hunt is a bit silly. Let the polis do the work that's what there paid for.

OsloHibs
14-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I am not saying it is acceptable... I am saying let it go - asking for photos of the stand??? It has been reported to the authorities... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! Turning into Poiriot, Agatha Christie or Columbo is not going to help.

It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.

Look at what happened to Deegan after his assult.

Would you still be saying this if it happened to this young lad or even worse, if he fell and omg... well, we do read about this happening.

Assult of any kind is UNNEXCEPTABLE and I am shocked that you can defend his actions.

Ban him and let the courts deal with this moron.

JIm
14-02-2013, 01:26 PM

Let it go - then people do it again.

I'm not saying turn in to Agatha Christie, i'm just saying that the guy needs to be accountable for his actions. He's been big and brave enough to hit the kid, now he should deal with the consequences.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Just read this thread and the one on the bounce.

I'm pretty much on the same page as Chaves tbh. Young man gets skelped due to his mates being erses.
Hopefully they will shut TFU next time. Put it down to a lesson learned and move on.

If you are going to be directing insulting comments towards big angry men then you need the balls to see it through.

I've seen plenty cheeky wee fekers who think they are untouchable who need a good skelp.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 01:55 PM

I'm pretty much on the same page as Chaves tbh. Young man gets skelped due to his mates being erses.
Hopefully they will shut TFU next time. Put it down to a lesson learned and move on.

If you are going to be directing insulting comments towards big angry men then you need the balls to see it through.

I've seen plenty cheeky wee fekers who think they are untouchable who need a good skelp.

Just curious, if your 17 year old laddie was skelped by a big angry man for something one of his mates had said, would you stand by and do nothing and tell your laddie to put it down to experience?

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2013, 01:56 PM

this, absolutely

silverhibee
14-02-2013, 01:57 PM

Has this been reported to the Police. Are they investigating the assault. :aok:

Steve20
14-02-2013, 01:57 PM

The laddie that got punched wasn't making any comments. Even if he did then its no excuse to be skelped.

I find it unbelievable that anyone thinks that the person responsible shouldn't be punished for this.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Just curious, if your 17 year old laddie was skelped by a big angry man for something one of his mates had said, would you stand by and do nothing and tell your laddie to put it down to experience?

Scouse , no i wouldnt stand by and let it happen if i was there.

If i wasn't present , he would be getting told that it was his fault and to get over it.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 01:59 PM
The laddie that got punched wasn't making any comments. Even if he did then its no excuse to be skelped.

I find it unbelievable that anyone thinks that the person responsible shouldn't be punished for this.

Agree, more like minded people than we realise!!!

VickMackie
14-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I've been punched a few times for being a smart arse and also took a few hits for stuff that was nout to do wi me. Just saying. **** happens!

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Scouse , no i wouldnt stand by and let it happen if i was there.

If i wasn't present , he would be getting told that it was his fault and to get over it.

But how was it his fault because one of his mates was ersy? That's my point.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Where did i say the person responsible shouldnt be punished ?

Just think the laddie needs to realise that you don't mess with big angry men.

I also realise that the person who got punched has claimed it wasn't him who said the comments.
I would still tell my laddie it was his fault if it was my son who was in that situation.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:03 PM
But how was it his fault because one of his mates was ersy? That's my point.

Fly wi the craws...........

Said it to my laddie many times.

marinello59
14-02-2013, 02:10 PM

Don't you think it's a bit sad that a man can reach middle age and is still unable to handle a wee bit of winding up from a young laddy without resorting to violence? Really, guys like that shouldn't be at the fitba in the first place. Big angry man? Or pathetic cowhard?

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Don't you think it's a bit sad that a man can reach middle age and is still unable to handle a wee bit of winding up from a young laddy without resorting to violence? Really, guys like that shouldn't be at the fitba in the first place. Big angry man? Or pathetic cowhard?

Can we please nip this in the bud ?
I am NOT for one minute saying Big angry men should be hitting young men at the football.
Not what i have said anywhere !!!

If my boy came home from anywhere saying he had gotten a sair face for being insulting towards a grown man then i would tell him it was his fault for instigating it.

Was the grown man right ? Of course not !

Will the laddie or his pals think twice before being ersy again ? Yes ,i think so.

silverhibee
14-02-2013, 02:14 PM

I know what i would be doing if someone skelped my son at a game. :cb

JimBHibees
14-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Can we please nip this in the bud ?
I am NOT for one minute saying Big angry men should be hitting young men at the football.
Not what i have said anywhere !!!

If my boy came home from anywhere saying he had gotten a sair face for being insulting towards a grown man then i would tell him it was his fault for instigating it.

Was the grown man right ? Of course not !

Will the laddie or his pals think twice before being ersy again ? Yes ,i think so.

but he wasnt

Future17
14-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Fly wi the craws...........

Said it to my laddie many times.

Enjoy visiting your laddie in jail if he ever witnesses a crime.

Beefster
14-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I know what i would be doing if someone skelped my son at a game. :cb

I agree with you. I'd be giving the guy a slap or two in retaliation. I'd also be telling my son's mate to keep his mouth shut in future though.

sleeping giant
14-02-2013, 02:23 PM
but he wasnt

Jim ,

I don't know Zemmasbarnet or his family and i wasn't in the vicinity so i know nothing of the incident apart from what is posted on here and the bounce.

My view is based on how i think i would react IF it was my laddie.

If i was there , yes i would have intervened but i would also have been furious with the laddie.

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Would you approach this man at the next home game?

In order to identify him to the police, yes.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Not nice this lad got a sore one because his mates were the ones shouting abuse. Maybe his mates should keep the trap shut in future and if anyone wants to leave early that's their choice. To many wee ********s at football was only a matter of time before something like this happens.

I got spat on when leaving before the final whistle the time we played Utd at ER and dropped down to Div 1. I honestly don't see the gripe people have of fans leaving early when they know **** all about why they are leaving. The boy shouldn't have hit him but maybe after seeing the way the team played then the abuse he took he snapped in the heat of the moment. I hope the arse that did shout abuse gets skelped if he does it again in the future.

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Again, I am certainly not condoning anything here and the perpetrator needs catching and punishing. However if anyone had punched me when I was 17 or 18, believe me it would not have been the last punch thrown. Now, whether that did not happen because the young man (please note, young man, he is not a kid at 17/18) was brought up not to fight back or whetever reason I don't know. Anyway it has no place at ER in this day and age.

silverhibee
14-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I agree with you. I'd be giving the guy a slap or two in retaliation. I'd also be telling my son's mate to keep his mouth shut in future though.

I would be telling my son to give his mate a slap in the face as well, for one him getting a slap in the face because his mate was being a smart arse, and secondly he is not much of a mate if he just sat there when said son got a slap in the face and he done nothing to help his mate.

You are just not going to stand by and watch your son being assaulted at a football game or anywhere else for that matter, the last thought on my mind would be to get a steward or look for the polis, glad we agree that the guy would be getting a few slaps. :agree: :greengrin

silverhibee
14-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Has it. :aok:

lord bunberry
14-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Not nice this lad got a sore one because his mates were the ones shouting abuse. Maybe his mates should keep the trap shut in future and if anyone wants to leave early that's their choice. To many wee ********s at football was only a matter of time before something like this happens.

I got spat on when leaving before the final whistle the time we played Utd at ER and dropped down to Div 1. I honestly don't see the gripe people have of fans leaving early when they know **** all about why they are leaving. The boy shouldn't have hit him but maybe after seeing the way the team played then the abuse he took he snapped in the heat of the moment. I hope the arse that did shout abuse gets skelped if he does it again in the future.

The lad didn't get a sore one because of anything his mates did he got a sore one because some idiot thinks the way to resolve any sort of conflict is with violence. He should be charged by the police and never allowed to enter er again

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I would be telling my son to give his mate a slap in the face as well, for one him getting a slap in the face because his mate was being a smart arse, and secondly he is not much of a mate if he just sat there when said son got a slap in the face and he done nothing to help his mate.

You are just not going to stand by and watch your son being assaulted at a football game or anywhere else for that matter, the last thought on my mind would be to get a steward or look for the polis, glad we agree that the guy would be getting a few slaps. :agree: :greengrin

:agree: TBH if I saw any young laddie getting a slap from a grown man I would intervene. And if it was my own laddie that was the injured party then.............................................. .

MB62
14-02-2013, 03:12 PM
... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.

After that performance, and the guy leaving early, I reckon he will be disgusted enough that he might not be back. If he does go back, he will probably choose to sit in different part of the stand, there will be plenty empty seats available.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 03:18 PM
The lad didn't get a sore one because of anything his mates did he got a sore one because some idiot thinks the way to resolve any sort of conflict is with violence. He should be charged by the police and never allowed to enter er again

Did his mates not shout abuse at him then and he just randomly hit him? No place for violence at games. But If you scream abuse at other fans you think that's ok? Mental abuse is just as bad as physical.

The Modfather
14-02-2013, 03:19 PM
:agree: TBH if I saw any young laddie getting a slap from a grown man I would intervene.

Whos pockets would you rifle through first Scouse? :devil: :wink:

Swedish hibee
14-02-2013, 03:25 PM
On reading some of the replies to this assult, I am so happy that my own 1 year old son is growing up in a country where violence isn't acceptable in any form.

Hope the lad is ok and will be back at ER next home game :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Whos pockets would you rifle through first Scouse? :devil: :wink:

Eh I could easily get upset at that comment but I wont. :greengrin

To answer your question, my own to find my knuckle duster.
:wink:

lord bunberry
14-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Did his mates not shout abuse at him then and he just randomly hit him? No place for violence at games. But If you scream abuse at other fans you think that's ok? Mental abuse is just as bad as physical.

I'm sorry but if someone shouts abuse at you you either do likewise in return or walk away. Violence is not acceptable. If the young lads were shouting abuse at people then they should have a word with themselves

The Modfather
14-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Eh I could easily get upset at that comment but I wont. :greengrin

To answer your question, my own to find my knuckle duster.
:wink:

I was merely playing on that well worn Stereotype, about you lot from North Gyle :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I was merely playing on that well worn Stereotype, about you lot from North Gyle :greengrin

True, I take many of the techniques learnt in North Gyle back to Old Swan (look that up). :wink:

Russ
14-02-2013, 03:39 PM
but he wasnt

But he WAS. Everyone is taking Zemmamas version of events as gospel when he wasn't even there himself. His brother has told him HIS version of events which are way off the mark. I was very close to the incident and the young guys were being mouthy all game, not least of all at the incident in question. He is NOT some innocent young boy but a mouthy ned who has run home and told mommy and big bro he was picked on for nothing. Doesn't condone violence but nor does it condone some witch hunt on a fellow Hibby.

Sect43
14-02-2013, 03:48 PM
But he WAS. Everyone is taking Zemmamas version of events as gospel when he wasn't even there himself. His brother has told him HIS version of events which are way off the mark. I was very close to the incident and the young guys were being mouthy all game, not least of all at the incident in question. He is NOT some innocent young boy but a mouthy ned who has run home and told mommy and big bro he was picked on for nothing. Doesn't condone violence but nor does it condone some witch hunt on a fellow Hibby.

Didn't look like a ned and certainly didn't run away from where we were.

Your mate worried about being found out?

There are plenty of mouthy children kicking about everyday. Doesn't make it ok for a fully grown adult, in his late 30s, skelping him.

Wonder if he would have fancied his chances against someone in their 20s?

Have a word.

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 03:50 PM

Yes.

wearethehibs
14-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Was just gona say I was near the incident and I didnt actually hear the lads being mouthy to anyone. Certainly not neds ether. I saw from just after the punch and the older guy looked really aggressive. Have a feeling he's not had any in a while.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Always two sides to a story right enough, however enough people have already stated a complete opposite to your view. Were you involved, or do you know the cowardly bully involved?

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 03:59 PM

I was there when a statement was provided to the police and this is the only version of events I've offered.

I can't say he hasn't been mouthing off with his pals but that's certainly not the person I normally go to the games with. It's sods law I was in the West for this particular game.

Russ
14-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Didn't look like a ned and certainly didn't run away from where we were.

Your mate worried about being found out?

There are plenty of mouthy children kicking about everyday. Doesn't make it ok for a fully grown adult, in his late 30s, skelping him.

Wonder if he would have fancied his chances against someone in their 20s?

Have a word.
Not my mate chum, and again he is being referred to as a child, he's old enuff to be married. BTW If you also had a view why didn't you intervene? And ask yourself why no one else did.

Russ
14-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I was there when a statement was provided to the police and this is the only version of events I've offered.

I can't say he hasn't been mouthing off with his pals but that's certainly not the person I normally go to the games with. It's sods law I was in the West for this particular game.
Just maybe he behaves himself when big bro is around. Just putting another slant on it, he definitely gave the older guy a mouthful, as did his pal, don't know where the so called pals dad was, I only saw the pair of them.

wearethehibs
14-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Not my mate chum, and again he is being referred to as a child, he's old enuff to be married. BTW If you also had a view why didn't you intervene? And ask yourself why no one else did.

I wanted to. But Ive learnt the hard way before not to get involved in other peoples battles.

I think the guy was wanting someone to get involved the way he kept looking back up the stand as he walked off

silverhibee
14-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes.

Maybe you should just let them get on with there job then regarding the matter if it is now a police matter. :aok:

Beefster
14-02-2013, 04:50 PM

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of what happened, who do folk keep referring to a 17 year old as a 'child'?

RIP
14-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Since I was auld enough to go to football I've seen and been involved in bother. I'm still mentally recovering from the day back in 1970 when a Brylcreemed Hun pis hed doon my breeks and when I complained be punched me in the gub. I was 13 IIRC

Not been involved in any of that patter recently though - my laddies make sure I behave :greengrin

I stand in the noisy bit of the East and it's quite easy to spot the odd 'ragdie gadgie'. Judging by the lingo of some posters some supporters still like to talk and act hard.

The only physical risk anyone should face at a game in this day and age is dancing about and a hug from a random stranger after a goal

Peace and love brothers and sisters

Russ
14-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of what happened, who do folk keep referring to a 17 year old as a 'child'?

Sensationalism and pity, he's no more a child than the Swansea ' ball boy '.

GoldenEagle
14-02-2013, 05:57 PM
So 30 yo guy skelps a 19 or 17 yo (?) man at fitba and we have several pages about a 'laddie', 'kid' etc getting a burst nose.. Jeezo, how times have changed at ER.. It's a 19 man ffs and I'm reading about big brothers and dads getting involved in finding someone who will in all honesty prob be back in his seat at the next home game.

A wee bit perspective required I think.

DH1875
14-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I wanted to. But Ive learnt the hard way before not to get involved in other peoples battles.

I think the guy was wanting someone to get involved the way he kept looking back up the stand as he walked off

Which just goes to show that this guy is a muppet. We've always had them in our support though. I got into it with a couple of guys at the back of the old east about 8 years ago. They didn't like my weegie accent so thought they'd have a go as I was on my own. Didn't last long but there are some proper twats out there :take that.
I'll say this though, 17/18 years old isn't a laddie or a kid :confused:.

thehappyhibee
14-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Maybe you should just let them get on with there job then regarding the matter if it is now a police matter. :aok:

I took to the forums in the first instance as, being a member of both .net and the bounce, I thought I could find someone who had seen the incident and / or knew the guy who punched my brother and I'm not sure that's something the police would do. I've since spoken to the club and learned that the police have the CCTV footage and are reviewing it so the reality is, there's nothing now that I can do.

All bull****, hearsay and conjecture aside my brother's been assaulted at the football. I'd quite like the police to catch the guy that did it.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2013, 07:04 PM
I took to the forums in the first instance as, being a member of both .net and the bounce, I thought I could find someone who had seen the incident and / or knew the guy who punched my brother and I'm not sure that's something the police would do. I've since spoken to the club and learned that the police have the CCTV footage and are reviewing it so the reality is, there's nothing now that I can do.

All bull****, hearsay and conjecture aside my brother's been assaulted at the football. I'd quite like the police to catch the guy that did it.

Be careful you don't spoil the Police investigation and any subsequent trial with your own attempts to identify the culprit and bring him to justice.

Woody70x2
14-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Be careful you don't spoil the Police investigation and any subsequent trial with your own attempts to identify the culprit and bring him to justice.

This being my point... Let the Police get on with their job. They probably will not spend too much time investigating, lack or resources and priorities and all that, but you have go to let go.

fat freddy
14-02-2013, 07:11 PM
i cant believe this thread is moving onto its fourth page...what a mollycoddled lot the youth have become...i once got a doing off a big hun when i was about 12..he was steamin and i was stupidly wearing a scarf in his presence..i was battered at partick when i was 14 for trying to get back on the bus after a cup defeat....jambos gave me a kicking at 15 cos thats what they done when they caught you in those days...had lots of brushes with violent radges at matches cos radges get violent at the football but i never went greetin to anyone about it...took it on the chin and moved on....it might be a shame for the boy that got a sore puss but **** happens.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 07:16 PM
i cant believe this thread is moving onto its fourth page...what a mollycoddled lot the youth have become...i once got a doing off a big hun when i was about 12..he was steamin and i was stupidly wearing a scarf in his presence..i was battered at partick when i was 14 for trying to get back on the bus after a cup defeat....jambos gave me a kicking at 15 cos thats what they done when they caught you in those days...had lots of brushes with violent radges at matches cos radges get violent at the football but i never went greetin to anyone about it...took it on the chin and moved on....it might be a shame for the boy that got a sore puss but **** happens.

I have a similar history to you, but i cant remember getting a slap from our own support?

Shouldn't have happened. :rolleyes:

Billie Jo
14-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Good luck mate, ignore the mongs on here, as the Scouse boy said let the polis deal with it now.

fat freddy
14-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I have a similar history to you, but i cant remember getting a slap from our own support?

Shouldn't have happened. :rolleyes:

if only...the worst kicking i've ever had was off hibs casuals up the town back in the bad old days...they battered my girlfriend too...and i was wearing a hibs scarf!!...i shouldn't have been a smart arse though and i might have deserved a slap...mind you, 7 or 8 against me and my girl was a bit of a liberty....still never went greetin to the world about it though..different days i suppose.

Billie Jo
14-02-2013, 07:22 PM
This being my point... Let the Police get on with their job. They probably will not spend too much time investigating, lack or resources and priorities and all that, but you have go to let go.

The polis might not spent too much time on it, but why should he let it go, some ****ing neanderthal decided to let his frustration out on some guy.

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2013, 07:30 PM
So 30 yo guy skelps a 19 or 17 yo (?) man at fitba and we have several pages about a 'laddie', 'kid' etc getting a burst nose.. Jeezo, how times have changed at ER.. It's a 19 man ffs and I'm reading about big brothers and dads getting involved in finding someone who will in all honesty prob be back in his seat at the next home game.

A wee bit perspective required I think.

it gets worse, some are calling for life-time bans from ER, 10-year jail sentences, or beheadings, i'm maybe being a bit dramatic :) but....always two sides to a story, the guy that skelped the young laddie deserves to get charged with assault, maybe in future some people will keep their opinions to themselves re: other fans leaving early from a game...it's none of there ****** business if someone chooses to leave at any stage of the game :agree:

p.s. hope it doesn't put the young laddie off attending games in the future

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2013, 07:42 PM
if only...the worst kicking i've ever had was off hibs casuals up the town back in the bad old days...they battered my girlfriend too...and i was wearing a hibs scarf!!...i shouldn't have been a smart arse though and i might have deserved a slap...mind you, 7 or 8 against me and my girl was a bit of a liberty....still never went greetin to the world about it though..different days i suppose.

More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

Smack someone at the fitba then expect to get lifted. Thems the rules and it's good so.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry but if someone shouts abuse at you you either do likewise in return or walk away. Violence is not acceptable. If the young lads were shouting abuse at people then they should have a word with themselves

Not being funny mate but after reading through this thread and hearing a few things from friends. These wee neds were giving it large all game. Now don't get me wrong violence is always a last resort in any situation and should be prevented at all costs. But in the heat of the moment the guy has snapped. That doesn't excuse his actions and he should come forward and apologise. But so should the wee arse's who were shouting abuse. What I wonder is if someone had turned round and told these neds to shut it, I bet they wouldn't and prob confront that person acting hard. It's a tough lesson but maybe one that will shut up these wee idiots because I for one am sick to death of these type of fans. Sorry if this upsets there wee souls or anyone else's. So just to remind folk... No I'm not tolerating violence but I'm also not tolerating these wee dicks.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 07:48 PM
More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

Smack someone at the fitba then expect to get lifted. Thems the rules and it's good so.

Out of interest if you gave verbal back and then got a sore one from these idiots how would you feel? You should be lifted if your abusing another fan when that fan has done nothing but leave early.

fat freddy
14-02-2013, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hiberlin;3506327]More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

i must live in the stone age then...i apologise for my caveman mentality but i was brought up surrounded by violent people in a violent world and i have learnt to shut my puss when required...the young man with the bendy nose and loose tongue has learnt an important lesson and he should thank the guy that whacked him for imparting his knowledge via his clenched fist.

we are now, as expected, on page 4...surely the parable of the bending nose cant reach 5 pages??....this mans nose is reaching biblical proportions...i demand a photograph to accompany the thread.

PETRIE!!!...show us the nose!

judas
14-02-2013, 08:06 PM

True. Not acceptable.

Also very irritating that a kid could not keep his trap shut and turned on a fellow supporter. So we are getting stuffed by a crap team and the lad decides to leave - why not? He has paid his way. Last thing you want is some immature baby slating you.

Storm in a tea cup. Get some hair on your chests bunch o blouses.

lord bunberry
14-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Not being funny mate but after reading through this thread and hearing a few things from friends. These wee neds were giving it large all game. Now don't get me wrong violence is always a last resort in any situation and should be prevented at all costs. But in the heat of the moment the guy has snapped. That doesn't excuse his actions and he should come forward and apologise. But so should the wee arse's who were shouting abuse. What I wonder is if someone had turned round and told these neds to shut it, I bet they wouldn't and prob confront that person acting hard. It's a tough lesson but maybe one that will shut up these wee idiots because I for one am sick to death of these type of fans. Sorry if this upsets there wee souls or anyone else's. So just to remind folk... No I'm not tolerating violence but I'm also not tolerating these wee dicks.

I agree with most of what your saying. If these lads were being mouthy then they are out of order. What I don't agree with is that violence should be used as a last resort. I bet if it was two big hard men that had been abusing the guy he would probably have just walked away. He has hit the boy because he probably knew he wouldn't get hit back. I'm not condoning what the lads may have done as we have all suffered at the hands of these sort of people but he should have dealt with it better

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 08:36 PM
I agree with most of what your saying. If these lads were being mouthy then they are out of order. What I don't agree with is that violence should be used as a last resort. I bet if it was two big hard men that had been abusing the guy he would probably have just walked away. He has hit the boy because he probably knew he wouldn't get hit back. I'm not condoning what the lads may have done as we have all suffered at the hands of these sort of people but he should have dealt with it better

He defo should have walked away. But sadly your last sentence is exactly what we don't want. Why should we suffer abuse from fans at games. I'm going to be totally honest here, if I were attending a game with my son and started getting dogs abuse I'd report it and if it continued because I've seen it happen, the steward will just say be quiet then it starts again because **** all gets done with neds. I'd have no problem smashing one round their jaw. No one and I mean no one deserves abuse. No abuse = no one would have got hit. Blame lies firmly on these idiots for starting it.

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Out of interest if you gave verbal back and then got a sore one from these idiots how would you feel? You should be lifted if your abusing another fan when that fan has done nothing but leave early.

Yes, you're correct. The abuse should have been dealt with by the stewards as that too is out of order and if the other escalates to violence then I'd be fully justified to defend myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a christian and don't believe all that turn the other cheek stuff, I just don't think it's right to twat someone for what if says, I'm bigger than that.

MotherSuperior
14-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Cannot believe some folk think its ok to dish out vigilante violence to youngsters!!!?

For many reasons i think that's the wrong way to deal with a situation.

But also when you take into account that this kicked off in the really steep East stand.

If it escalated into a big brawl someone could have got badly injured or worse.

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2013, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=Hiberlin;3506327]More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

i must live in the stone age then...i apologise for my caveman mentality but i was brought up surrounded by violent people in a violent world and i have learnt to shut my puss when required...the young man with the bendy nose and loose tongue has learnt an important lesson and he should thank the guy that whacked him for imparting his knowledge via his clenched fist.

we are now, as expected, on page 4...surely the parable of the bending nose cant reach 5 pages??....this mans nose is reaching biblical proportions...i demand a photograph to accompany the thread.

Oh that's ok then. Because it's always been that way then it should stay that way.

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes, you're correct. The abuse should have been dealt with by the stewards as that too is out of order and if the other escalates to violence then I'd be fully justified to defend myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a christian and don't believe all that turn the other cheek stuff, I just don't think it's right to twat someone for what if says, I'm bigger than that.

I agree with you. I'm just saying the guy may have been at breaking point? After listening to it all game. It's a shame we have idiots that want to abuse other fans. It's just a game FFS. I've lost my cool at the team many times but I wouldn't scream at other fans that's not on (unless its at Hearts away ene) ;) Hopefully in future these trumpets get delt with right away and nothing more comes of it. The stadium is much better place if you feel safe and not worrying about someone ruining it for you.

ColintonHibs
14-02-2013, 08:52 PM
People dont get hit for no reason. If he's big enough to mouth off to someone he should be big enough to get hit for it. It'll teach him to keep his mouth shut in the future.

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Cannot believe some folk think its ok to dish out vigilante violence to youngsters!!!?

But also when you take into account that this kicked off in the really steep East stand.

I can't believe people are defending the abuse. Like I said if the arse didn't shout abuse at folk nothing would have happened. Neds get away with murder these days and everyone knows it. Also people should stop acting like this was an 8 yr old child. He's a young adult who knows right or wrong.

lord bunberry
14-02-2013, 08:59 PM
He defo should have walked away. But sadly your last sentence is exactly what we don't want. Why should we suffer abuse from fans at games. I'm going to be totally honest here, if I were attending a game with my son and started getting dogs abuse I'd report it and if it continued because I've seen it happen, the steward will just say be quiet then it starts again because **** all gets done with neds. I'd have no problem smashing one round their jaw. No one and I mean no one deserves abuse. No abuse = no one would have got hit. Blame lies firmly on these idiots for starting it.

Again I'm almost in total agreement with you mate but what I disagree with is that violence should be used to resolve this or any other situation

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Again I'm almost in total agreement with you mate but what I disagree with is that violence should be used to resolve this or any other situation

Fair dos mate, I do know what your saying its not nice to turn to violence but some folk I suppose can only handle so much while another person would have walked.

cocopops1875
14-02-2013, 09:06 PM
it gets worse, some are calling for life-time bans from ER, 10-year jail sentences, or beheadings, i'm maybe being a bit dramatic :) but....always two sides to a story, the guy that skelped the young laddie deserves to get charged with assault, maybe in future some people will keep their opinions to themselves re: other fans leaving early from a game...it's none of there ****** business if someone chooses to leave at any stage of the game :agree:

p.s. hope it doesn't put the young laddie off attending games in the future

Is that you Rod ? :greengrin

fat freddy
14-02-2013, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=fat freddy;3506346]
Oh that's ok then. Because it's always been that way then it should stay that way.

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.

i've not...im still radge...fancy a square go?

Thecat23
14-02-2013, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=fat freddy;3506346]

That had me in fits haha.

Hermit Crab
14-02-2013, 09:34 PM
People dont get hit for no reason. If he's big enough to mouth off to someone he should be big enough to get hit for it. It'll teach him to keep his mouth shut in the future.

Are you deliberately trying to get peoples backs up with a comment like that? Or are you a :kbacker: :wink:

marinello59
14-02-2013, 09:42 PM

:faf:

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2013, 09:45 PM

MotherSuperior
14-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I can't believe people are defending the abuse. Like I said if the arse didn't shout abuse at folk nothing would have happened. Neds get away with murder these days and everyone knows it. Also people should stop acting like this was an 8 yr old child. He's a young adult who knows right or wrong.
No one is defending the right for young radges to be allowed to spit verbal abuse at people without consequences.

Like someone mentioned, surely this was a job for the stewards.

Also as i said though, a scrap in the East stand could end up with someone getting badly hurt due to the steepness of the thing.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2013, 10:26 PM
No one is defending the right for young radges to be allowed to spit verbal abuse at people without consequences.

Like someone mentioned, surely this was a job for the stewards.

Also as i said though, a scrap in the East stand could end up with someone getting badly hurt due to the steepness of the thing.

Jeesus christ, i hope we dont score a goal against the gimps, i have seen the carnage that can cause first hand.

heid the baw
14-02-2013, 11:29 PM
And the moral of the story is that "life is no' fair"

darwenhibby
14-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Got to say it really gets on my goat watching folk walking out on the team when they are getting hammered. What ever happened to "w'll support you evermore"
15000 regular townies turning up to watch the team every home game and we might not have to endure people walking out early because we would have more quality players who will win more games.
The people who walk out and those who decide to stay and support the team may not be at cross swords but there again it is Hibs supporters we are talking about after all.

Bristolhibby
15-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Should we not just have a leave early section?

And a watch pish to the end section?

With stewards down the middle.

J

Emerald
15-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Got to say it really gets on my goat watching folk walking out on the team when they are getting hammered. What ever happened to "w'll support you evermore"
15000 regular townies turning up to watch the team every home game and we might not have to endure people walking out early because we would have more quality players who will win more games.
The people who walk out and those who decide to stay and support the team may not be at cross swords but there again it is Hibs supporters we are talking about after all.

I think that is a bit out of order. If you want to have a go at anyone its not the people who do turn up, buy season tickets and make it to a game on a freezing cold Monday night. If you really do want to have a go at anyone its people who don't go at all that should be your target. You have no idea why people leave early, there are all sorts of reasons but at least they turned up in the first place.

On a personal note, my wife and her family come from Darwen and although they have no one left down there now, I've been many many times.

Pete
15-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Couldn't agree more. It's how you learn.

I've never heard so much touchy feely crap in my whole life on this thread. Some people must be deliberately forgetting the way they were brought up with their contradictions.

The boy should go up to the man and offer his hand the next time he sees him and say the whole episode was out of order and he wants it to end.

That's what a man would do.

Time For Heroes
15-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I honestly dont get folk on here. So it happened to them when they were a child/teenager/young adult, so what?! Its not acceptable to go to a football match and get punched. What about the young kids at the game that may have see this happen?
What about other crimes that happen outside football grounds, is it ok for somebody's defence to be "well when I was a kid it happened to me" is that then acceptable?

Beefster
15-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I honestly dont get folk on here. So it happened to them when they were a child/teenager/young adult, so what?! Its not acceptable to go to a football match and get punched. What about the young kids at the game that may have see this happen?
What about other crimes that happen outside football grounds, is it ok for somebody's defence to be "well when I was a kid it happened to me" is that then acceptable?

Won't someone think of the children...

I think folk are getting a wee bit dramatic about this incident. The assaulter was wrong and will probably be punished, the lippy guy was wrong and the lippy guy's Dad was wrong but we've had folk talking about it causing a major incident because of the angle of the East and worrying about the effect on kids.

StevieC
15-02-2013, 11:48 AM
I've just had a chance to read this thread .. and in all honesty probably shouldn't go any near it given the divided opinions and how heated it has been ... but .. :wink:

I won't comment on the incident itself as I never witnessed it and it wouldn't be fair to pass judgement on either party .. but the thread itself has thrown up quite a few interesting points for debate.

Firstly, violence is wrong. Lets make that clear from the outset.

In the past I would have had no qualms about "skelping" someone for being mouthy, but it was still wrong and I'll make no attempt to defend it.
However, publicly abusing someone (for whatever reason) is just as wrong and could, depending on the individual, cause varying levels of mental anguish.

If I was at a game and my son started to verbally abuse someone, there would be no need for them to get "lamped" because they'd already be on the end of a lashing from my tongue. Irrespective of your views on peoples behaviour you don't verbally abuse them in a public place .. in the same way that irrespective of the abuse you receive you do not hit anyone.

I am also pretty sure that there will have been quite a few of us that have been victims (be it however little) of the anti-social behaviour and lack of respect from youngsters today. Maybe it's just us older ones, to whom the social changes are more apparent, that get wound up the most by it .. but I'd be lying if the thought of "skelping" a youngster (late teens) for their "anti-social behaviour" had never crossed my mind.

marinello59
15-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I've just had a chance to read this thread .. and in all honesty probably shouldn't go any near it given the divided opinions and how heated it has been ... but .. :wink:

I won't comment on the incident itself as I never witnessed it and it wouldn't be fair to pass judgement on either party .. but the thread itself has thrown up quite a few interesting points for debate.

In the past I would have had no qualms about "skelping" someone for being mouthy, but it was still wrong and I'll make no attempt to defend it.
However, publicly abusing someone (for whatever reason) is just as wrong and could, depending on the individual, cause varying levels of mental anguish.

If I was at a game and my son started to verbally abuse someone, there would be no need for them to get "lamped" because they'd already be on the end of a lashing from my tongue. Irrespective of your views on peoples behaviour you don't verbally abuse them in a public place .. in the same way that irrespective of the abuse you receive you do not hit anyone.

I am also pretty sure that there will have been quite a few of us that have been victims (be it however little) of the anti-social behaviour and lack of respect from youngsters today. Maybe it's just us older ones, to whom the social changes are more apparent, that get wound up the most by it .. but I'd be lying if the thought of "skelping" a youngster (late teens) for their "anti-social behaviour" had never crossed my mind.
:top marks

EdinMike
15-02-2013, 12:54 PM
...but I'd be lying if the thought of "skelping" a youngster (late teens) for their "anti-social behaviour" had never crossed my mind.

I'm only 25 and I think about skelping some 15-18 year olds ! What with their "tweets" and their "facebooks"

Not in my day !

Jack
15-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Outrageous! Just imagine if a player came into the crowd and skelped a supporter for being lippy?* And I’m just thinking of our own players!!! There would never be a player on the pitch!! And after all the bans we might not be able to field a team for a few seasons!

If the older guy cant control himself without resorting to violence as the first resort then he should avoid situations where that might be a possibility; like in public places and definitely at football matches. He should also seek medical help.

* Manchester United's Eric Cantona has been fined £20,000 and banned from playing football over his kung fu-style attack on a fan.
The club has relegated the French star striker to the bench for nine months for lashing out at a fan in the front row during a game against Crystal Palace.

Thecat23
15-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Outrageous! Just imagine if a player came into the crowd and skelped a supporter for being lippy?* And I’m just thinking of our own players!!! There would never be a player on the pitch!! And after all the bans we might not be able to field a team for a few seasons!

If the older guy cant control himself without resorting to violence as the first resort then he should avoid situations where that might be a possibility; like in public places and definitely at football matches. He should also seek medical help.

* Manchester United's Eric Cantona has been fined £20,000 and banned from playing football over his kung fu-style attack on a fan.
The club has relegated the French star striker to the bench for nine months for lashing out at a fan in the front row during a game against Crystal Palace.

Sorry but I don't go to watch Hibs and expect someone to mouth of at me. The guy who hit the ned shouldn't either.

IWasThere2016
15-02-2013, 01:40 PM

As someone of a similar vintage, I concur about today's youth .. however, the bit in bold is all that matters.

AndyM_1875
15-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Sorry but I don't go to watch Hibs and expect someone to mouth of at me. The guy who hit the ned shouldn't either.

True. However you don't resort to belting someone in the face who is sitting in the same stand as you because someone has said something you don't like. A man in his 30s or 40s punching a teenager is nothing but bullying and thuggery and he deserves everything that's hopefully coming to him (Charged by the police and a Banning Order from Easter Road and all other football grounds). No sympathy for idiots who resort to brain dead actions.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Is that you Rod ? :greengrin

Mikey is the real rod :)

Jack
15-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Nor do I but I might expect as a minimum, if there was any justification whatsoever, the older guy would hit the right someone/‘ned’. Its bloody ridiculous, it’s a disgrace, that some folk see it as OK to lamp someone just because they happen to be in range. This guy appears to be too handy with his fist and none of us are safe if that’s his standard way of dealing with conflict.

Apocalypso
15-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Nor do I but I might expect as a minimum, if there was any justification whatsoever, the older guy would hit the right someone/‘ned’. Its bloody ridiculous, it’s a disgrace, that some folk see it as OK to lamp someone just because they happen to be in range. This guy appears to be too handy with his fist and none of us are safe if that’s his standard way of dealing with conflict.

That's only the account of the victim, and he would say that he was innocent to his family. Nobody gets punched for nothing.

scoopyboy
15-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I know nothing about the incident that took place so I'm not going to comment on it.

What I will say however is kids / youths are far cheekier than we were at the same age.

The cheek I hear kids giving their elders is nothing short of terrible however they know will get away with it because the law is on their side.

They can scratch keys up and down someone's car but if the owner shouts or heaven forbid lifts his hands then they will end up in court and be dealt with.

When I was a laddie we had a village bobby and if he caught you doing something wrong he would give you a hard kick in the backside and that would be the end of it. Did we go for Police brutality? Did we f*** because we knew we were in the wrong. Did we tell our parents? Did we f*** or we would have got another kick up the backside.

I'm not suggesting adults form vigilante groups assaulting cheeky kids but they would never have got away with it in ma day.

We're doomed a tell ye.

Jack
15-02-2013, 09:22 PM
That's only the account of the victim, and he would say that he was innocent to his family. Nobody gets punched for nothing.

I think its been established from a few folk that the guy with the gob :O and the guy with the broken beak :'( are not the same person/ ned/ someone/ whatever.

Apocalypso
15-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I think its been established from a few folk that the guy with the gob :O and the guy with the broken beak :'( are not the same person/ ned/ someone/ whatever.

Depending on who's story you are believing. I don't believe some mad radge decided to start hitting random and innocent people. Such people belong in institutions and usually are in them.

The reality is much more simple.

Hibrandenburg
15-02-2013, 10:20 PM

Really?

fat freddy
15-02-2013, 10:24 PM
and still it runs (the thread, not his nose)...is there no end to this investigation into the nose bending fugitive as he attempts to escape justice at the hands of the .net vigilante mob..its like an never ending game of cluedo with the cast of .net being the clueless contestants and the culprit hiding in the conservatory behind colonel mustard with the candlestick in his bloodsoaked hands..

it appears to be my turn so i'll make a guess based on the fact the culprit always returns to the scene of the crime..
ehhh..is it blackpool hibs with a knuckle duster in the dining room?

Hibrandenburg
15-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I know nothing about the incident that took place so I'm not going to comment on it.

What I will say however is kids / youths are far cheekier than we were at the same age.

The cheek I hear kids giving their elders is nothing short of terrible however they know will get away with it because the law is on their side.

They can scratch keys up and down someone's car but if the owner shouts or heaven forbid lifts his hands then they will end up in court and be dealt with.

When I was a laddie we had a village bobby and if he caught you doing something wrong he would give you a hard kick in the backside and that would be the end of it. Did we go for Police brutality? Did we f*** because we knew we were in the wrong. Did we tell our parents? Did we f*** or we would have got another kick up the backside.

I'm not suggesting adults form vigilante groups assaulting cheeky kids but they would never have got away with it in ma day.

We're doomed a tell ye.

Are you honestly suggesting that being cheeky is reason enough to commit violence and would thus improve our society?

Speedy
15-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Really?

It's one of the daftest statements ever made on here.

Plenty of people get punched for nothing.

fat freddy
15-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Really?

where have you been?...i waited for half an hour at the bike sheds for you..

scoopyboy
15-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Are you honestly suggesting that being cheeky is reason enough to commit violence and would thus improve our society?

Eh no.

What I am saying is that youngsters get away with a helluva lot these days.

I suppose if you caught kids scratching your car or tanning your windows you would go out and congratulate them and give them a bar of chocolate.

Our society is much worse now than when I was a kid and I think it will get worse before it gets better.

When I was younger older guys used to say we don't know how lucky we were not having to do National Service, telling us that would have made us better people and brought us into line. I thought I would have hated it and it was barbaric but now I can see where the old guys were coming from.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 06:09 AM
where have you been?...i waited for half an hour at the bike sheds for you..

I'm not that sort of boy. And anyway I have a girlfriend already.

jon paul jones
16-02-2013, 09:04 AM

Very good point!!!

If a fight does escalate, the club may take the viewpoint that the standing area doesnt work and take a more authoritarian stance again. I genuinely wouldnt go to the games if I was told to sit down and it was enforced by security and culture around me...

One Day
16-02-2013, 09:36 AM
and still it runs (the thread, not his nose)...is there no end to this investigation into the nose bending fugitive as he attempts to escape justice at the hands of the .net vigilante mob..its like an never ending game of cluedo with the cast of .net being the clueless contestants and the culprit hiding in the conservatory behind colonel mustard with the candlestick in his bloodsoaked hands..

it appears to be my turn so i'll make a guess based on the fact the culprit always returns to the scene of the crime..
ehhh..is it blackpool hibs with a knuckle duster in the dining room?

I think the butler did it

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Eh no.

What I am saying is that youngsters get away with a helluva lot these days.

I suppose if you caught kids scratching your car or tanning your windows you would go out and congratulate them and give them a bar of chocolate.

Our society is much worse now than when I was a kid and I think it will get worse before it gets better.

When I was younger older guys used to say we don't know how lucky we were not having to do National Service, telling us that would have made us better people and brought us into line. I thought I would have hated it and it was barbaric but now I can see where the old guys were coming from.
You're right, if I caught someone damaging my property then my reaction is very likely to be different to that of being mouthed off at.

I also share your belief that some form of national service might have been of help in teaching kids manners and respect of others (it was probably my saving grace).

The problem in my opinion lies with parenting. Too many parents leave discipline out of their responsibilities and expect society in particular schools to deal with the problem. This can never work due to at least 2 reasons. 1. Schools are there to educate and not discipline and spend too much valuable time having to correct the mistakes of lackluster parenting when they should be teaching the kids. 2. What's right and what's wrong is about values and this needs to be instilled at a pre school age to be of any value and for strangers to be allowed to discipline other peoples kids is a very dangerous development. We've had this in the part and it leaves kids open to all sorts of abuse as we've witnessed in the past.

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Here's my version of events.

Angry man *walks out*
Punched Boys mate; dinny bother coming back ya prick.
Angry man; what the **** you saying. In the direction of punched boy and punched boys mate.
Punched boy; *stands up* I never said ****all to you. In aggressive tone.
Angry man; shut the **** up. Angry man punches punched boy.

Seen this type of **** a million times.

Really, who cares. As for the namby pamby on here. Violence can, and does, sort people out and keep them from being ***** in future.

The witch hunt on here could see this guy get charged and possibly lose their job all because of a heat of the argument moment with a couple of cheeky idiots.

Jesus H Christ.

scoopyboy
16-02-2013, 01:02 PM
You're right, if I caught someone damaging my property then my reaction is very likely to be different to that of being mouthed off at.

I also share your belief that some form of national service might have been of help in teaching kids manners and respect of others (it was probably my saving grace).

The problem in my opinion lies with parenting. Too many parents leave discipline out of their responsibilities and expect society in particular schools to deal with the problem. This can never work due to at least 2 reasons. 1. Schools are there to educate and not discipline and spend too much valuable time having to correct the mistakes of lackluster parenting when they should be teaching the kids. 2. What's right and what's wrong is about values and this needs to be instilled at a pre school age to be of any value and for strangers to be allowed to discipline other peoples kids is a very dangerous development. We've had this in the part and it leaves kids open to all sorts of abuse as we've witnessed in the past.

Excellent post guv.

thehappyhibee
16-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Angry man *walks out*
Angry man; what the **** you saying. In the direction of punched boy and punched boys mate.

Really, who cares. As for the namby pamby on here. Violence can, and does, sort people out and keep them from being ***** in future.

The witch hunt on here could see this guy get charged and possibly lose their job all because of a heat of the argument moment with a couple of cheeky idiots.

Jesus H Christ.

Unfortunately, the facts don't bear this out.

Long and short of it, boys handed himself in to the club and is to meet with the police on Monday.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Aaron
16-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Long and short of it, boys handed himself in to the club and is to meet with the police on Monday.

Good - you don't hit people. Especially a fellow Hibee.

Time For Heroes
16-02-2013, 02:59 PM

Glad he handed himself in, hopefully justice is served.

sahib
16-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Glad he handed himself in, hopefully justice is served.

I sometimes leave before the end of the game, for various reasons.
If I was accused of being a part-timer by some callow youth I would merely give a cheery rejoinder, to the effect that even part-time support, was more generous than the display merited, adding - young fellow m'lad. Such is the way of the West stand.

clerriehibs
16-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I

I blame the Daily Mail for the growth in nonsensical claims about ending up in court for shouting at someone who is scratching your car :-/

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 07:20 PM

Angry man *walks out*

Jesus H Christ.
'Violence sorts people out'

What a wonderful world you must live in. I've never wished infertility on anyone, but in your case I'll make an exception.

Chibs
16-02-2013, 07:42 PM

What a wonderful world you must live in. I've never wished infertility on anyone, but in your case I'll make an exception.
Can you show me ' violence sorts people out' in VM 's post

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 07:50 PM

Angry man *walks out*

Jesus H Christ.

Can you show me ' violence sorts people out' in VM 's post

There you go!

johnbc70
16-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Violence can, and does, sort people out.

Did you really mean to say this?

Pete
16-02-2013, 08:20 PM

If I was out of order I would rather someone gave me a slap than genuinely wish I was infertile.

That's pretty sick in my opinion and you've sort of knocked yourself off your pedestal.

Beefster
16-02-2013, 08:24 PM

No need.

judas
16-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Wrong choice of words. Violence is not really the answer, but the sanctimony of some on here is cringeworthy. This is not the crime of the century. The young laddies are dicks. The older guy is a dick. Move on. Nothing to see here.

marinello59
16-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Angry man *walks out*

Jesus H Christ.

Did you lack attention as a child? Maybe you didn't get hit enough.

Chibs
16-02-2013, 08:30 PM
There you go!
Wrong.
That is not what you in exclamation marks quoted said poster as posting
I may disagree with what he posted but to have his post distorted I find offensive.
However apologies if I caused any offence.
Now you get back to reading the sun

frazeHFC
16-02-2013, 08:42 PM
It's one of the daftest statements ever made on here.

Plenty of people get punched for nothing.

Exactly, i agree it's a stupid statement. Myself and 2 mates were walking down a road and a guy all of a sudden lamped one of my mates and knocked him to the floor. The guy had done it because he had just been rejected from a club further down the road. Needless to say everyone thought he must have done something to annoy the guy, but he hadn't, was just a random attack. Loads of idiots out there.

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Do you think these young men/young man will still give abuse to people leaving at the next game? In that respect I think that attitude will be sorted out.

I don't condone the guy hitting him but its to be expected if you're giving someone pelters when they're angry.

Unfortunately we don't live in a world where dialogue can sort every situation.

In hindsight, I probably wouldn't post that again because the conversation can't really go anywhere positive!

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 08:58 PM

Erm, okay. :tee hee:

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:12 PM
If I was out of order I would rather someone gave me a slap than genuinely wish I was infertile.

That's pretty sick in my opinion and you've sort of knocked yourself off your pedestal.

Stand by my post. I pity any children who have parents that consider violence to be a legitimate form of discipline. If you consider this sick, then I question your values.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:15 PM
No need.

Well I think so, see previous post.

cocopops1875
16-02-2013, 09:16 PM
It happens at stadiums up and down the country oh and at deathtraps across the city
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124528-fans-fight-amongst-themselves-again/
:greengrin

Dinkydoo
16-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Physically assaulting another person is rarely acceptable, and punching someone after they have given you the verbals does (and rightly so) come with a punishment by the law.

An adult should be able to take a bit of cheek without resorting to violence.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Physically assaulting another person is rarely acceptable, and punching someone after they have given you the verbals does (and rightly so) come with a punishment by the law.

An adult should be able to take a bit of cheek without resorting to violence.
Correct. Short, sharp and to the point.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Wrong.
That is not what you in exclamation marks quoted said poster as posting
I may disagree with what he posted but to have his post distorted I find offensive.
However apologies if I caused any offence.
Now you get back to reading the sun

Read this several times and still don't get what you're on about. I didn't distort anything, I simply highlighted what he posted.

Famous Fiver
16-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I wonder if the chappie who has handed himself in will resort to punching the interviewing officer on the nose if the interview is not going well?

I think not.

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Stand by my post. I pity any children who have parents that consider violence to be a legitimate form of discipline. If you consider this sick, then I question your values.

Where did I say it was legitimate? Merely stating the facts that violence can sort things out.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I wonder if the chappie who has handed himself in will resort to punching the interviewing officer on the nose if the interview is not going well?

I think not.

That thought opens many interesting psychological questions but I fear they would be wasted amongst many.

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 09:47 PM

I think not.

I'm guessing he won't be attending the meeting in an angry state and then goaded by the interviewer until he breaks.

Famous Fiver
16-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Interesting suggestion ' goaded until he breaks'.

Is one of L & B's finest about to find his interviewing technique has not met with our friend's approval?

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Where did I say it was legitimate? Merely stating the facts that violence can sort things out.

Disagree, but maybe if you gave me a thump it would sort me out.

Dinkydoo
16-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm guessing he won't be attending the meeting in an angry state and then goaded by the interviewer until he breaks.

Come on man. I don't think the "boy" is entirely innocent but I also don't believe that the guy who punched him was 'goaded to breaking point' either.

Exaggeration doesn't help justify either argument on this thread.

VickMackie
16-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Disagree, but maybe if you gave me a thump it would sort me out.

:take that

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2013, 10:02 PM
:take that

:tee hee: Ouch!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes nowadays they'd have taken yer iPod and iPhone into the bargain ;)

Pete
16-02-2013, 11:35 PM

You wish infertility on someone, try to justify it then have the cheek to question MY values.

I've heard it all now.

SkintHibby
16-02-2013, 11:43 PM
We're all Hibees, stop arguing FFS!

Vent your frustrations in the direction of the diet skint huns across the city!!!:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2013, 12:12 AM
This thread is .net comedy gold! All we need is for someone to apologise cos they read the thread via The Sun or Daily Record and the pish is complete!

Pete
17-02-2013, 12:50 AM
We're all Hibees, stop arguing FFS!

Vent your frustrations in the direction of the diet skint huns across the city!!!:agree:

Agree. It's being dealt with now and all the stuff being discussed is for non-hibs boards.

I think we can all agree that a large percentage of merricks should be stopped from breeding....and some of them look like they would benefit from a good facial rearranging.

Hibrandenburg
17-02-2013, 09:21 AM
You wish infertility on someone, try to justify it then have the cheek to question MY values.

I've heard it all now.

Agree. It's being dealt with now and all the stuff being discussed is for non-hibs boards.

I think we can all agree that a large percentage of merricks should be stopped from breeding....and some of them look like they would benefit from a good facial rearranging.

Apart from having practically contradicted yourself in consecutive posts you're right. This thread has moved on from the original topic and if continued it would just deteriorate into a tit for tat squabble that should be on one of the other forums.

You want to start it? :devil:

Pete
18-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Apart from having practically contradicted yourself in consecutive posts you're right. This thread has moved on from the original topic and if continued it would just deteriorate into a tit for tat squabble that should be on one of the other forums.

You want to start it? :devil:

No contradiction at all.

One post was referring to human beings while the other was about jambos :-D