PDA

View Full Version : Non-iron shirts for work

Speedy
29-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Does anyone use them?

Are they any good? A mate swears by them but I've heard others say they still need a quick iron.

Any recommendations where I can get some good ones in Edinburgh?

Jay
29-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I bought M&S and BHS ones for the kids. I find if you follow the washing instructions and dont have too full a load in the machine AND hang them up to dry properly (I dont have a tumble dryer) you can get away without ironing them no probs. Unfortunately my machine is always crammed full as is my clothes horse so they still need ironed - although they are defo easier to iron and quicker.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Does anyone use them?

Are they any good? A mate swears by them but I've heard others say they still need a quick iron.

Any recommendations where I can get some good ones in Edinburgh?

They're great, the ones I use are American supplied by the company.

Hanny
29-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I've got one of these M&S Ultimate Non-Iron shirts:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Ultimate-Non-Iron-Cotton-Plain-Shirt/dp/B008HLHJBM?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=2142124031&sr=1-8&qid=1359480647&pf_rd_r=1984GR8YCB80R20XMRE8&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=321381407&pf_rd_s=center-3

Good, thick cotton shirt. A day on the clothes horse after washing and its perfect.

Hibrandenburg
29-01-2013, 09:30 PM

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Ultimate-Non-Iron-Cotton-Plain-Shirt/dp/B008HLHJBM?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=2142124031&sr=1-8&qid=1359480647&pf_rd_r=1984GR8YCB80R20XMRE8&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=321381407&pf_rd_s=center-3

Good, thick cotton shirt. A day on the clothes horse after washing and its perfect.

I've got a Knight job so I still prefer the iron shirts.

Future17
31-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Good decision as you'll be sitting target on a horse made of clothes.

.Sean.
01-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Ironing a shirt is an absolute nightmare. If I'm going out on a Saturday and decide I'm wearing one, I can be at it for 15 minutes easy. The creases never come right out and I end up putting more in!

Pete
01-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Ironing a shirt is an absolute nightmare. If I'm going out on a Saturday and decide I'm wearing one, I can be at it for 15 minutes easy. The creases never come right out and I end up putting more in!

The ironed designer shirt was the first requirement in the mid-nineties mate. The Beatles haircut was a close second.

Maybe the material was different back then but it only took five minutes to get the jeans and shirt done.

Only then could you walk down to the snooker centre on a tuesday night to watch Coventry v Southampton!...never mind the weekend. That's when we were all mad for it!:greengrin

lyonhibs
01-02-2013, 07:50 AM

Get a girlfriend.

Make an absolute arse of ironing a shirt once before a nice meal out, and you'll be sorted in the future.

Trust me :greengrin

Wembley67
01-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Ironing a shirt is piece of pee! Ideally iron it whilst damp and you can't go wrong.

Youth of today :greengrin

Bugger, I've just hit middle age :zzzzz!:

Speedy
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Ironing a shirt is piece of pee! Ideally iron it whilst damp and you can't go wrong.

Youth of today :greengrin

Bugger, I've just hit middle age :zzzzz!:

I don't have any difficulty ironing, just don't particularly enjoy it so tend to do a week or twos worth while watching a game of football.

Need some new shirts though and thought the non-iron ones might be worth a go. Most of my shirts are from Asda as well so the non-iron ones probably look smarter as well :greengrin

Wembley67
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't have any difficulty ironing, just don't particularly enjoy it so tend to do a week or twos worth while watching a game of football.

Need some new shirts though and thought the non-iron ones might be worth a go. Most of my shirts are from Asda as well so the non-iron ones probably look smarter as well :greengrin

T M Lewins usually have a deal on for 5 shirts for £100, fantastic quality AND they iron easily! (and shirt burd is fit)

NYHibby
03-02-2013, 09:31 AM
I have a couple of the Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit non-iron shirts for when I travel. I find that I am able to get almost all of the wrinkles out by hanging the shirt in the hotel bathroom while I shower. The warm stream causes the wrinkles to fall out.

Non-iron shirts aren't going to look perfect right out of the washing machine. I end up either using the shower trick or quickly touching up with the iron. The benefit of non-iron shirts is that this process is faster and easier than a regular shirt.

.Sean.
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
The ironed designer shirt was the first requirement in the mid-nineties mate. The Beatles haircut was a close second.

Maybe the material was different back then but it only took five minutes to get the jeans and shirt done.

Only then could you walk down to the snooker centre on a tuesday night to watch Coventry v Southampton!...never mind the weekend. That's when we were all mad for it!:greengrin
Ironed designer shirts, a Beatles haircut, a love of snooker and getting mad with it... I never realised I was so mid-90's!

DaveF
05-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Get a girlfriend.

Make an absolute arse of ironing a shirt once before a nice meal out, and you'll be sorted in the future.

Trust me :greengrin

Not a perfect plan. I moved from girlfriend to wife and found that she suddenly became ironophobic.

I don't let her anywhere near my shirts. Prefer to do it myself. Properly :greengrin

joe breezy
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM

You work as a knight? Cool, mostly jousting and going on crusades?

Hibrandenburg
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
You work as a knight? Cool, mostly jousting and going on crusades?

Don't know how to answer this one? :confused:

Jay
06-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Not a perfect plan. I moved from girlfriend to wife and found that she suddenly became ironophobic.

I don't let her anywhere near my shirts. Prefer to do it myself. Properly :greengrin

Ha h ha - her plan worked!

Lucius Apuleius
07-02-2013, 04:52 AM
Another trick is just to iron the bits that will show. For instance, wearing a suit and not taking yuor jacket off you just need to iron the front, unless of course it is a 3 piecer then even less to iron. :wink:

Sudds_1
23-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Ha h ha - her plan worked!

I once took pity on Mrs Sudds and helped her with the ironing...........

...she had one blouse that was REALLY crumpled. Took me over half hour to get it ironed out smooth.

It was only then she came in and flipped when she saw it. Apparently it was one of those crumple type blouses they all wear.

Oh how she laughed............not. Seemed oblivious to all my hard effort in getting it that way! :rolleyes: