PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Ivan &/or Claros

ShandonHibee
18-01-2013, 12:16 AM
PF quoted on BBC website as saying he will replace Ivan and if he doesn't sort out the loan extension for Claros soon will look to replace him too. So at least one more signing coming in January. Thoughts?

I think if we don't get Claros extended we will try and get Craig to come early.......not sure who might replace Sproule though but hopefully someone who can get to the byeline and make a decent cross. Not had that for a while at Easter Road.

spike220
18-01-2013, 02:27 AM
PF quoted on BBC website as saying he will replace Ivan and if he doesn't sort out the loan extension for Claros soon will look to replace him too. So at least one more signing coming in January. Thoughts?

I think if we don't get Claros extended we will try and get Craig to come early.......not sure who might replace Sproule though but hopefully someone who can get to the byeline and make a decent cross. Not had that for a while at Easter Road.

Could Kajabi be converted into a midfielder? I seem to remember him making a couple a decent runs when he first arrived.

gegs70
18-01-2013, 02:41 AM
We could with a big striker too (not kuqi)...if we lose claros I think deegan may be deployed as the defensive central midfielder....then bring in Craig early if a deal can be made?

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2013, 03:44 PM
If we can't get Claros, we should try get Nicky Law from Motherwell. Great engine, touch and scores a few goals. Out of contract in the summer aswell.

Hibstrooper
18-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I'd like to see Ivan replaced with someone younger from a lower league that has a bit pace and trickery but still has scope to develop.

QoS seem to be flying so they must have some gems, whether they'd let them go us another question as they are already looking well placed for an assault on the first division title next season (if it exists).

My understanding is that Craig is more a wide player (but not a natural winger) however Taiwo and Deegan are quite similar to Claros so I don't think we need to look for a like-for-like replacement if he goes.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Could Kajabi be converted into a midfielder? I seem to remember him making a couple a decent runs when he first arrived.

Been released now.

Iceman1875
18-01-2013, 06:10 PM
If claros can't be signed, sign Craig early and push the boat out for McCourt at Celtic who I'm sure PF would get the best out of.

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 06:40 PM
McCourt. The creative link between the midfield and the forwards that we've been crying out for.

Aldo
18-01-2013, 06:56 PM
McCourt. The creative link between the midfield and the forwards that we've been crying out for.

Would be an excellent signing IMHO. Could he be the creative link we miss??

Think he's outwith our price bracket though. We can only but dream (or can we)

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Would be an excellent signing IMHO. Could he be the creative link we miss??

Think he's outwith our price bracket though. We can only but dream (or can we)

He looks like the apocryphal 'missing link' with that lank hair and neanderthal faraway stare :greengrin Great player to watch though.