PDA

View Full Version : Monty for the Ryder Cup captaincy in 2014....

3pm
14-01-2013, 05:59 PM
...according to 'sky sources'.

Not for me I must say.

Sylar
14-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Was always likely to happen with it being in Scotland sadly.

I'm the same - not for me. Would much rather see Darren Clarke get it.

PerthHibby
14-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Not for me either, Americans had to do something having lost 7 of the last 9, appointing Watson??

We didn't have to change anything, Paul McGinlay at Gleneagles then Darren Clarke in the states for me.

Only upside is we wont have to listen to his commentary on the matches.:blah::yawn2:

Hainan Hibs
14-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Have to disagree, would love Mr Ryder Cup to captain us again. Would have the crowd fired up and the yanks don't like him.

Golden Bear
14-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Big mistake Monty! He loves the limelight, he was a great player and a great past captain and he should be content to leave it at that.

3pm
14-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Hopefully Rory bumping his gums will make a difference.

Sure Sky said Donald and Poulter went public wanting Paul McGinley as well.

jodjam
14-01-2013, 08:31 PM
I think the captain role is a bit over hyped. Monty had 5 vice captains but the players are used to competing as individuals. Once each game starts the players are in the zone and I'm guessing the words from mrs doubtfire are easily forgotten.

Typical sky crap earlier today when their guy in Abu Dhabi said " Thomas bjorn was in a heated debate. I didn't hear what was said but it shows tensions are running high over the choice of captaincy ".

No it disnae when you had no idea what was said

Bighoose
14-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Wee McGinty to be the Capitano for me and if that means we have to suffer Monty and his slaverings on Tv then so be it.

Altho Monty wtf is pumpfisting?

http://youtu.be/kAS9NWeZ7ZE