PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen band banned from playing at ER by hibs

hibeedonald
12-01-2013, 04:02 PM
http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/209521-dandy-dons-oompah-band-are-banned-from-scottish-cup-tie-at-hibs/

Keith_M
12-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Sounds petty to me.

Frazerbob
12-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Good. Anything that may give the opposition an advantage should be banned If reasonable. From what I can see, they aren't even Dons fans!

HibeeN
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Can kind of see both sides. On the one hand, it seems a bit petty, especially as Hibs fans travel with the Sect 43 drum to away grounds. On the other hand, we are allowing them to bring smaller drums, just not the whole band - which is probably a good thing, as we don't want our own (singular) drum to get drowned out and affect our atmosphere adversely.

marinello59
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Stuff them. The band are not even football fans, they were hired by fans.

down-the-slope
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Difficult one - makes us sound petty when we are working on our own atmosphere and request access for drum at other grounds (although some have refused that)

However there has to be a line - what if we drew Sevco in the cup and they requested to bring a flute band...would that be OK

brog
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Good. Anything that may give the opposition an advantage should be banned If reasonable. From what I can see, they aren't even Dons fans!

:top marks

The_Sauz
12-01-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't mind a drum (like Sect43), but if I what to hear a band, then I would buy a ticket for a concert!

btw..I think it would have been the police that knocked it back :agree:

heretoday
12-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Let them play on the pitch at half-time. Otherwise it's a no-no.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 04:42 PM
good, i dont want to listen to that at the football.

hibs0666
12-01-2013, 05:17 PM
We should be working with their band to make it as much of an occasion as possible.

Sect43
12-01-2013, 05:23 PM
They are hated by the Dons support.

FWIW, Hibs have allowed Red Ultras to carry out a full stand display involving 3,800 waving flags.

Mr White
12-01-2013, 05:39 PM
This'll be a big game for them, us too of course, but they'll be looking for revenge for the semi, paw broon will have his players well up for it. Hibs will need to give a good performance to get through. I'm glad we've bumped their band, it wouldn't have helped us to let them in I think.

basehibby
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I think it displays a petty and scrooge-like attitude to prevent what sounds like a harmless and fun band from adding to the atmosphere at this fixture.

Ringothedog
12-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I think it displays a petty and scrooge-like attitude to prevent what sounds like a harmless and fun band from adding to the atmosphere at this fixture.

You may be right, but I am there to watch a game of football not listen to an effin band especially in the away end. If I want to listen to a band I would go to a concert. The whole point of being at home is to have an advantage, lets keep it that way. The less noise out of their end and the more from our end the better.

shagpile
12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Difficult one - makes us sound petty when we are working on our own atmosphere and request access for drum at other grounds (although some have refused that)

However there has to be a line - what if we drew Sevco in the cup and they requested to bring a flute band...would that be OK

Why not? They can play somewhere between a rendition of 'billy boys' & 'the sash':confused::rolleyes:

marinello59
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
You may be right, but I am there to watch a game of football not listen to an effin band especially in the away end. If I want to listen to a band I would go to a concert. The whole point of being at home is to have an advantage, lets keep it that way. The less noise out of their end and the more from our end the better.

:agree:
It's our ground. If they want to listen to oompah loompah bands thay can bring Jimmy Calderwood back to dance to it at Pittodrie.

scoopyboy
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
They are hated by the Dons support.

FWIW, Hibs have allowed Red Ultras to carry out a full stand display involving 3,800 waving flags.

How many flags does each sheep fan get?

Hainan Hibs
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
I think the club are in the right. They are allowing small drums and a big display which is more than reasonable for the sheep. Trombones and sousaphones at a fitbaw game? Get tae ****.

Hovehibby
12-01-2013, 07:21 PM
let them play. see if they can outsing section 43's drum!

GreenCastle
12-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Any plans for an East Stand display ? Flags at the back of the stand or something different ?

Has an away team ever done a display at ER before ?

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Oompah band from Cumbria...............................hope Hibs told them to **** off back to their own country! :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-01-2013, 07:57 PM
How many flags does each sheep fan get?

Thats what I was thinking. :greengrin

Arch Stanton
12-01-2013, 08:06 PM
They stop me bringing in a bottle of water and now some guy wants to bring in a euphonium?

If I was to be hit by a flying object I know which one I would choose!!

Jonnyboy
12-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Drums have become acceptable though, but a whole band??? Next we'll be told Hertz want to bring the Kaunas Philharmonic :greengrin

scoopyboy
12-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Drums have become acceptable though, but a whole band??? Next we'll be told Hertz want to bring the Kaunas Philharmonic :greengrin

They've no been paid.

No pay no play.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-01-2013, 08:27 PM
They've no been paid.

No pay no play.:greengrin

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
12-01-2013, 08:29 PM
good.
wool weaving Huns.

stoneyburn hibs
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Its a scottish cup tie not a concert , we need everything going for us. Happy they are not allowed to play.

ronaldo7
12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Maybe they could gather outside the South and serenade the real Dons fans into the stadium then **** OFF HOME.

basehibby
12-01-2013, 10:03 PM

You have a point there and I won't be losing any sleep over it, but it does come over as petty and over-officious IMO.

Hibercelona
13-01-2013, 12:58 AM
We have home advantage and should be making the most out of that.

Lets not give the opposition a helping hand in lifting their team at ER for a change.

JohnStephens91
13-01-2013, 01:40 AM
A whole band is a bit extreme for football I think, remember at Starks Park in the league cup about 10 years ago and one of the Raith fans had a trumpet? It was really annoying, drums are good if used sparingly, but a whole band would just be a nuisance.

Saorsa
13-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Well done Hibs, I dinnae want tae listen tae that pish at the fitba.

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-01-2013, 09:30 AM
good.
wool weaving Huns.

Lol ! Too much :-)

Golden Bear
13-01-2013, 09:50 AM
There's a limit. I don't mind the occasional melodic beat of our own drum :rolleyes: but that *loody drum the Motherwell fans had at ER was just a step too far so I'm not sure if I could cope with a friggin band. Help ma boab a man has got to catch up with his sleep sometime!

Well done Hibs!

bigwheel
13-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Seems a bit OTT to me....if its that annoying I'm sure their fans would self police it.....we shouldn't discourage anything that looks to create an atmosphere at the match....

hibbysam
13-01-2013, 11:11 AM
The day I want to sit and listen to a ******g brass band is the day I stop attending ER!! Any of you's used to go to ibrox? Sitting next to that bloody lot and their instruments was bad enough.. But in your own stadium? No thanks.. It's a football game not a gala parade!

Keith_M
13-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I just re-read the story and now realise it's a scaled down version of a Bavarian Oompah band. Having to live in Bavaria and encountered these irritating arschlöcher, all I can say is...

...well done Hibs. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm surprised we are allowing them to have a display at OUR ground, why?:confused:

PS the brass band can do one too.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2013, 11:35 AM
If we are going to ban trumpets in the away support, then we will be as well shutting the South stand for derby games.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-01-2013, 02:34 PM
how about a new Jazz section? maybe a wee bar too ;)

FifeHibernian
13-01-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised we are allowing them to have a display at OUR ground, why?:confused:

PS the brass band can do one too.

Because we're not a bunch of petty losers.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Because we're not a bunch of petty losers.

:faf:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-01-2013, 03:32 PM
how about a new Jazz section? maybe a wee bar too ;)

Nice!

FifeHibernian
13-01-2013, 03:59 PM
:faf:

At least let me live in fantasy land.

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm all for encouraging atmosphere at games .... but not if it will in any way help our opponents. A wee drum is fine, but a band GTF.

I appreciate that it would be nice of Hibs if they were to allow the band in.

Nice gets ye beat 1 - 5 in cup finals ... I thought we had all decided on that. If it makes Hibs look mean and petty ... tough.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Hope that doesn't mean my string quartet and supporting Harp player won't get banned from Pittodrie in retaliation, we were planning a wee cameo session with a piano recital as well.

Ah well just have to revert to plan B and have the Welsh Male voice choir singing Russian funeral marches for 90 minutes instead.

Seriously, nae place for anything on the scale the Sheep propose, a Drum maybe, a triangle or a harmonica perhaps...............

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm all for encouraging atmosphere at games .... but not if it will in any way help our opponents. A wee drum is fine, but a band GTF.

I appreciate that it would be nice of Hibs if they were to allow the band in.

Nice gets ye beat 1 - 5 in cup finals ... I thought we had all decided on that. If it makes Hibs look mean and petty ... tough.

:top marks

down-the-slope
13-01-2013, 05:05 PM
A whole band is a bit extreme for football I think, remember at Starks Park in the league cup about 10 years ago and one of the Raith fans had a trumpet? It was really annoying, drums are good if used sparingly, but a whole band would just be a nuisance.

The day I goto a match and there is only one trumpet will be a joyous one indeed

Well done Hibs, I dinnae want tae listen tae that pish at the fitba.

Victor Meldrew eat yer heart oot...:na na:

This thread is a corker and could become a classic......highlighting the weird, wonderful, sometimes tolerant and often grumpy face of our support :not worth

Diclonius
13-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Correct decision.

er75
16-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Correct decision.

It is most definiately the correct decision. As supporters we should be focussing on whats right for our stadium and not worrying about other teams.....the most recent derby at ER followed by the Celtic game is up there the best atmospheres we have had at the stadium for a long time......

we need to build on our own atmosphere before allowing another club to come and have theirs....

reidy
16-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Supposedly Aberdeen have been band from having a display. Does anyone know if this is true?

Albanian Hibs
16-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Supposedly Aberdeen have been band from having a display. Does anyone know if this is true?

I hope it is true. Dont see why they would have been allowed inthe first place.

Frazerbob
16-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Their "display" is consisting off 2000 balloon to be released as the teams come out and a few streamers. Oooh, scary!

:flag:

Ringothedog
16-01-2013, 09:34 PM

I genuinely hope that they are not allowed to have a display. This an away game for them, lets keep it that way. The harder and more uncomfortable we make them feel the better. This our home game not theirs. When I travel to away games I am never made to feel welcome whether its by opposing fans, stewards or the local constabulary, we are usually stuck in the crappest part of the ground paying top dollar. So **** them!!

Kris1875
16-01-2013, 09:51 PM

I spoke to a sheep mate of mine today and he reckoned they wanted to do a card display but Hibs turned it down . Personally don't see why they should get to , though to be fair to him he didn't want the daft band playing either .

Gatecrasher
17-01-2013, 05:50 AM
I dont see anything wrong with a card display as it will bring some colour and atmosphere to the game. Their one at Hampden last year was good.

marinello59
17-01-2013, 05:56 AM
I dont see anything wrong with a card display as it will bring some colour and atmosphere to the game. Their one at Hampden last year was good.

They were banned from doing anymore at their own ground. If they can't do them at Pittodrie why should we accommodate them? Stuff 'em.

Chuck Rhoades
17-01-2013, 05:58 AM
The display was 3,800 poly waving flags. Hibs gave the all clear to this. However, there was another part of their display they weren't allowed entry to (not found out what yet), so it's rumoured that the Red Ultras have pulled the plug on the whole thing.

As for balloons, streamers etc, they were only encouraging their support to bring these to add to the colour.

marinello59
17-01-2013, 07:23 AM
The display was 3,800 poly waving flags. Hibs gave the all clear to this. However, there was another part of their display they weren't allowed entry to (not found out what yet), so it's rumoured that the Red Ultras have pulled the plug on the whole thing.As for balloons, streamers etc, they were only encouraging their support to bring these to add to the colour.

I would be hugely surprised if Hibs did not take the concerns of the Sheep fans own security guys in to consideration given that this bunch of wannabe Ultras have already been shifted out of the Dick Donald stand at PITtodrie and banned from card displays. If they have indeed got too precious because they can't get everything their own way then the story is not killjoy Hibs but ''Aberdeen Geek Squad throw Girly Strop.''
Our very own Section43 manages to get these things done with the minimum of fuss whilst keeping the vast majority of Hibs fans and the club on their side, something the Red Ultras never managed with their own support.

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2013, 07:13 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/aberdeen-fans-oompah-band-hits-back-after-hibs-ban-1-2750965

Complaints we won't let them in well **** them! And hearts sucking up there arse trying to get one up on us saying they are welcome at tynie bolt! Let's have these sheep dogging ***** at ER!

marinello59
23-01-2013, 07:16 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/aberdeen-fans-oompah-band-hits-back-after-hibs-ban-1-2750965

Complaints we won't let them in well **** them! And hearts sucking up there arse trying to get one up on us saying they are welcome at tynie bolt! Let's have these sheep dogging ***** at ER!

They are not the Aberdeen band, they are a band hired by sheep fans. Maybe we should hire a ''Hibs'' bouncy castle and a petting zoo to bring along to Pittodrie on Saturday and see if they let us in with that.

lyonhibs
23-01-2013, 07:18 AM
The irony being that Aberdeen fans hired these Cumbrian no-marks, who couldnt give 2 hoots about Sheep FC under normal circumstances, to improve their own dire home atmosphere and now the trumpet (how appropriate) player of the band reckons we are feart of them drowning out our home support :confused:

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2013, 07:21 AM
I couldn't care how the band was thought its aberdeen its there band at games! End of the day there not getting in and I love that fact and we will drown them out a ER!

Pretty Boy
23-01-2013, 07:35 AM
**** them.

It's our home game and if we think not letting a bunch of hired musicians in will help us win said game then we are doing the right thing.

If they manage to scrape a replay then they are welcome to ban the drum in the reverse fixture.

Bunch of greeting faced wee lambs.

SaulGoodman
23-01-2013, 07:44 AM
If I'm not allowed to bring in a bottle of juice they shouldn't be allowed to bring in Trombones etc.

Simple.

CB_NO3
23-01-2013, 07:50 AM
The whole thing is cringey. Drums aye, a horn section, eh na. Its football, not the choir. Not our fault they are down to 6-7k fans a week sometimes at their dump of a stadium and they need a band to improve their shan atmosphere.

CB_NO3
23-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Plus they only have one song "stand free, wherever we may be" How boring would that be for 90 mins with a trumpet. Maybe we could have a sort of X Factor theme to see who is the best. Any cello or violin players in section 43?

Sect43
23-01-2013, 07:59 AM
The statement from Hearts is beyond laughable. This is the very same club that contacted Hibs in advance to make them aware that our drum, along with our banners, would not be allowed in.

We managed to get them in anyway and stuck two fingers up to the ****s that night.

They are completely contradicting themselves.

Embarrassment – no class whatsoever.

Hibs have been one of the few clubs in the SPL who has allowed supporters to try different initiatives to enhance the matchday atmosphere. They have been very good to us on that front and the likes of Motherwell and Ross County this season have been allowed various flags/banners/drums into Easter Road.

Correct decision re the orchestra from Hibs, but for the EN to put the spin on it that Hibs aren’t interested in enhancing the matchday atmosphere is ridiculous.

DC_Hibs
23-01-2013, 08:29 AM
And hearts sucking up there arse trying to get one up on us saying they are welcome at tynie bolt!

Considering they have knowingly employed convicted sex offenderS, they are hardly going to turn away paying customers when they are such a financial (and moral) basket case.

What's another couple of trumpets when there's 400,000 of them anyway.

DarrenSQH
23-01-2013, 08:57 AM
I think they could be banned as if we let in the aberdeen band, then in a few years the The Rangers band will want to be let in too to play their tunes as they do in the broomloan.

ZS DOOM
23-01-2013, 11:39 AM
They get paid to do it. **** them

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Well done Hibs.

**** h****s, ****in' roasters

And the **** in the paper (with the trumpet) can stick it where the sun disnae shine before it gets put there for him.

ALF TUPPER
23-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah ..... Keep them out. Baaaaaa ssas

(Sorry not intending to hijack this thread ..,. Section 43 guys - we have 1 drum ? What kind of drum/s ? How much are they ? We not got brass musicians in our own ranks ? )

Sudds_1
23-01-2013, 12:18 PM
lets have a wee jazz band..........wi Pat at the helm..

"Fingers Fenlon and the 43 scallys" :rolleyes:

ALF TUPPER
23-01-2013, 02:07 PM
lets have a wee jazz band..........wi Pat at the helm..

"Fingers Fenlon and the 43 scallys" :rolleyes:

Lolol :-)

Hibercelona
23-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Good, get them to ****! :giruy:

They're saying that we're worried about them drowning us out at ER. Well our support isn't so bad that we have to hire a freakin nonsense band to generate some noise.

It comes as no shock either that hertz would allow trumpets into Tynecastle, as their core support are a bunch of trumpets anyway! :trumpet:

frazeHFC
23-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Drums fair enough sounds great and helps the songs etc etc. But listening to a band (not even their fans) for 90 mins would do my nut in, thank god we banned them. They will be loud with their singing so god knows why they need a band for this game in particular....even if it is the same 2 songs over and over and over.

lyonhibs
23-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Drums fair enough sounds great and helps the songs etc etc. But listening to a band (not even their fans) for 90 mins would do my nut in, thank god we banned them. They will be loud with their singing so god knows why they need a band for this game in particular....even if it is the same 2 songs over and over and over.

2????

Enlighten me. They have "Stand Free" and...............................??

They'll come back with "We're only sheep ****ging b*****s" if prompted, but I'm struggling to remember any other song with more than 1 word ("Aaaaaberdeen, Aberdeen, Aaaaberdeen, Aberdeen repeat ad nauseum doesn't count :greengrin) from the semi-final

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 02:55 PM
2????

They'll come back with "We're only sheep ****ging b*****s" if prompted, but I'm struggling to remember any other song with more than 1 word ("Aaaaaberdeen, Aberdeen, Aaaaberdeen, Aberdeen repeat ad nauseum doesn't count :greengrin) from the semi-finalyou forgot 'come on ye reds', that'd be quite catchy if a band joined in. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
23-01-2013, 02:55 PM
2????

They'll come back with "We're only sheep ****ging b*****s" if prompted, but I'm struggling to remember any other song with more than 1 word ("Aaaaaberdeen, Aberdeen, Aaaaberdeen, Aberdeen repeat ad nauseum doesn't count :greengrin) from the semi-final

Ok you got me, that was the other one. :greengrin

Jones28
23-01-2013, 02:59 PM
So what? Stop moaning, if it was a band of Aberdeen supporters I'd maybe have some sympathy. But it's not, so bugger them

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Glad we have taken this stance.:aok:

Ipox Blue Order used to bug the hell out of me with their silly wee brass band section, playing various medlies of a hun nature.....

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2013, 03:42 PM
If i remember correctly, we were drawn at home? They play by our rules, and we should be showing their club respect but giving them no help other than giving them a stand for their fans, and a changing room for their players.

Home advantage should mean just that.

Spike Mandela
23-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Hibs should invite them in to the Hibs end to play a selection of Hibs ditties if they want. Hibs have no obligation or need to help boost the atmosphere for away supporters. If they don't like it, tough!

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2013, 03:51 PM
If i remember correctly, we were drawn at home? They play by our rules, and we should be showing their club respect but giving them no help other than giving them a stand for their fans, and a changing room for their players.

Agree, we should make Easter Road as intimidating as possible for visiting teams (within reason).....

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Agree, we should make Easter Road as intimidating as possible for visiting teams (within reason).....

:agree: I was amazed we had apparently agreed to let them have some sort of display? We need to create a fortress, and as you say make the place as intimidating as possible within the rules.

O'Rourke3
23-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Aberdeen hire a band from Cumbria? So not supporters and getting paid to play tunes during the game. Why not play music through the PA then? Would they object to us taking our sword swallowers and knife throwers. Cheer the away supporters no end....

DAVE1875
23-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Aberdeen starting to think they're a South American or South African club or something?

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Hibs are doing the right thing here. Its our home game and we have the right to make as much use of the advantage as possible, that doesnt include letting in the Cumbrian big band ( or whatever they are ) disguised as sheep. If some Dons fans have learned the trumbone, fine ..... but paid for support ........ ah dinnae think sae !!!

If they get a replay they can give over half of their slum to Benny Goodman, Glen Miller and the brilliant Artie Shaw. But not at our place.

silverhibee
23-01-2013, 10:29 PM

And the ball boys wasting time. :wink:

joebakerforever
23-01-2013, 10:58 PM
During the 1980s I saw a lower German league match at the Olympic Stadium, Berlin (the most impressive stadium I've been in terms of a historic venue) which was home to the now defunct Blau Weiss.

The visiting supporters had an oompah band which was quite entertaining as they had a varying repertoire and did not play non stop.

Anyway their team was getting a doing and I always remember when they went down 3 - nil, the band struck up the Death March, which showed that the Germans have a good sense of self-deprecating humour :greengrin