PDA

View Full Version : What about Jorge Claros?

keep the faith
07-01-2013, 03:59 PM
With a focus on getting Leigh signed up and a feeling that McGivern may stay, there seems to be a presumption that Claros is ofski.

Is there anything in this? Personally, Im desperate to keep Claros as I thiink he absolutely makes us tick.

Last season he was simply awful, but this year he is a different beast and I think the reason for this is that he needs to be at the centre of things. We need to play everything through him and let him dictate the game. When we do this we are so much better. We went long ball agaimst the yams and Claros was non existent. As a result we were really poor.

For me Claros would be a massive signing and can be our heartbeat - as well as a financial asset if he keeps delivering in this league.

As much as I like and want to keep Griffiths and McGivern, I cant help think that Claros is the one with the potential to play at the real top level. I do hope we are working on this deal too.

muzzhfc
07-01-2013, 04:05 PM
agree that he is improved from last season and i would like to see him stay on, however, id rather griffiths & mcgivern stay. claros is very similar to what we have and i wouldnt be too disapointed if he moved on, providing the wages went on another player

JimBHibees
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
With a focus on getting Leigh signed up and a feeling that McGivern may stay, there seems to be a presumption that Claros is ofski.

Is there anything in this? Personally, Im desperate to keep Claros as I thiink he absolutely makes us tick.

Last season he was simply awful, but this year he is a different beast and I think the reason for this is that he needs to be at the centre of things. We need to play everything through him and let him dictate the game. When we do this we are so much better. We went long ball agaimst the yams and Claros was non existent. As a result we were really poor.

For me Claros would be a massive signing and can be our heartbeat - as well as a financial asset if he keeps delivering in this league.

As much as I like and want to keep Griffiths and McGivern, I cant help think that Claros is the one with the potential to play at the real top level. I do hope we are working on this deal too.

He has done well and personally thought he was very good in Celtc game however personally couldnt see him playing at real top level due to his lack of pace/athleticism.

hibsbollah
07-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I like all three a lot, however in order of urgency/importance id say Griffiths out on his own with McGivern 2nd and Claros just behind. Lewis Stevenson and Taiwo/Deegan could deputise for McGivern and Claros fairly well IMO if the worst happened and they left. Replacing Sparky is a lot harder.

GreenCastle
07-01-2013, 04:18 PM
All 3 players have done very well so far for us this season - all adding something which was missing last season.

Claros while I believe is very similar to Deegan does give us quality and a composure on the ball we have been missing in the middle over the last few seasons - his work rate and reading of the game is also excellent.

I would love for us to keep him and think he will stay - he seems to be more settled now with his wife / girlfriend here and his child over too.

I do think we need more goals from central midfield though if we are to progress though so maybe Fenlon needs to find a system that can bring that.

HH81
07-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Thought i read loan has already been extended till end season?

lucky
07-01-2013, 09:00 PM
It was rumored his club were looking for a fee of £750k for him to sign permanently. If that's the case he is off. Also no one will pay that for him. We may get him till the end of the season on loan then his club will be looking to sell him. I not convinced he can play st a higher level

Bad Habits
07-01-2013, 11:53 PM
It was rumored his club were looking for a fee of £750 k for him to sign permanently. If that's the case he is off. Also no one will pay that for him. We may get him till the end of the season on loan then his club will be looking to sell him. I not convinced he can play st a higher level

I think they wanted that amount for him last January when rangers had him on trial, also he is out of contract in the summer which would significantly lower his price so hopefully talks are in place towards this aim.

Thought i read loan has already been extended till end season?

IIRC he was signed in January on a year long loan

cockneymike
08-01-2013, 06:55 AM
he is out of contract in the summer

Really, where have you read that? Not disputing it, just hadn't heard that anywhere.

Bad Habits
08-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Really, where have you read that? Not disputing it, just hadn't heard that anywhere.

Pretty sure I read it somewhere, I'll try and find a link

Makaveli
08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
A few bits and pieces today from twitter and elsewhere (http://www.diez.hn/Secciones/Legionarios/Jugadores/Jorge-Claros/Noticias/El-futuro-de-Jorge-Claros-es-incierto-en-Hibernian-de-Escocia#.UOyAIYmLIgF) (iffy translations):

In the next three weeks will define the future of Honduran Jorge Claros in Scotland. The player is having an extraordinary season at Hibernian, but is about to run out of contract, which expires on January 31.

For renewal have been some unexpected, which makes it simple signature of "Pitbull" with the club and its European future becomes uncertain.

The Motagua is the owner of the profile and the loan was for one year, which concludes in this market and el Cyclón are looking to sell.

But a problem has arisen, Hibernian wants Claros to stay in the team, but the Scottish side are not financially able to make the final purchase.

A few days ago, the European club made an offer to extend the Motagua Claros contract, but with a loan, which is not an option for the Blues, because they want to be a sale.

"Hibernian are interested in having the player in their ranks, we are evaluating whether it is the best option for the player and the team. We are also considering other offers that have come to make the decision, " Julio Gutierrez, director of the Motagua, told Diario Diez.

He continued: "We accept both offers (sale and loan), what is best for the player, we always like to take care with the player and we get a benefit," said the blue leader.

Beside you miss Jorge contract also two other key players in his scheme: striker Leigh Griffiths and defender Ryan McGivern. So Hibernian coach, Pat Fenlon said: "We want to try to hold on to three of them in January, and they have all been key to the team."

Jorge Claros Hibernian want, but ... Motagua, will look at what the blues request. (?)

Jorge Claros you miss the contract with Hibernian on 31 January. The team has no money to buy it definitely. And just what would Hibernian on loan. / / For Claros they will negotiate with other teams in Europe. "We want the best" — J. Gutierrez

So Hibs want to extend the loan but Motagua are negotiating with other clubs and seem to prefer a sale.

Weird one in that the article says a sale isn't possible for Motagua but the club director says they would accept what's best for the player. Money will talk, I suppose...

leggeto
09-01-2013, 09:11 PM
good engine causing a nusense in the middle but cant pass forward would keep him but:flag: