PDA

View Full Version : Cooncil darts

Hiber-nation
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to watch the BDO for the 1st time in yonks but its hard going. O'Shea v Walton in 1st round so John Boy must have slipped a bit since I last watched it. Anyone got a decent tip?

Tony Green doesn't sound a well man, diagnosed with cancer of the tongue a couple of years ago and he's toiling a bit which is a shame.

DarrenSQH
05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Watched a bit. Anyone from a few weeks ago would pump these guys.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Cannae get into it, Waites looked quite good in the tournament that Barney won IIRC, couldnae even tell you if he is still in it though.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I always watch the BDO, its quite charming really compared to the well oiled corporate machine that is the PDC.

Always love when they go backstage and you still see players downing pints and shorts. Sure it goes on at the PDC too but its kept well hidden.

The scoring is hard going in the early rounds though. After a couple of weeks of 140, 120, 180 your then go to 27, 54 and 100 gets a standing ovation.

Hibbie_Cameron
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Adams is out in the first round to an 18 year old duthc lad.

Utter brutal game of darts but a superb result. Cant stand Adams but no doubt he will remain on screen as a pundit

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Decent 5 setter there between the 2 Dutch youngsters, Dekker beats De Graaf 3-2

Sir David Gray
06-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Decent 5 setter there between the 2 Dutch youngsters, Dekker beats De Graaf 3-2

So that's what old Edwin's up to these days then!

Seems he's not very good at darts either then! :greengrin

I watched a bit of the highlights last night and it was hard going. After watching quite a lot of the PDC darts over the past couple of weeks, this is almost like a different sport that these guys are playing.

Most of these players would struggle to win a set against the likes of Phil Taylor and Michael van Gerwen.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Watched a bit tonight when i got in, but going to bed now, you wont believe it but there's now women playing darts on my telly? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
It was quite late when they came on Gary, so, I would expect them to have already done the dishes from the Sunday lunch. ;-)

Hainan Hibs
07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I've played a grand total of two games of darts and I'm pretty sure I could give the majority of these guys a game.

DaveF
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
It is hard going but as the BDO will never tire of saying so, every world champion bar one (Lewis I think) started life in the BDO.

I read an article on the BBC yesterday which stated that the PDC are looking at a world tour along the lines of Golf with a sustainable number of high profile tournaments supporting 64 players. Then they would have the likes of a challenger tour for the the best of the rest.

The BDO say they are also looking at expansion in Europe.

Something's got to give, surely?

3pm
07-01-2013, 05:43 PM
It is hard going but as the BDO will never tire of saying so, every world champion bar one (Lewis I think) started life in the BDO.

I read an article on the BBC yesterday which stated that the PDC are looking at a world tour along the lines of Golf with a sustainable number of high profile tournaments supporting 64 players. Then they would have the likes of a challenger tour for the the best of the rest.

The BDO say they are also looking at expansion in Europe.

Something's got to give, surely?

PDC already tried to buy them over.

DaveF
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
PDC already tried to buy them over.

Yeah I know and they have said they won't be trying again. My comment was more to do with both of them planning an expansion I just don't see darts as being able to cope and it will become saturated if they both see out their plans.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah I know and they have said they won't be trying again. My comment was more to do with both of them planning an expansion I just don't see darts as being able to cope and it will become saturated if they both see out their plans.

And yet you see yourself coping withut Kit Kats .. have a word! :wink: :greengrin

3pm
08-01-2013, 09:47 PM
This is pish.

hfc rd
08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=AfPkopF5bWo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHJlLe58pNw

Sums it up. :)

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Have they gone, is it safe to turn my telly on again?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Everything about the event/coverage is so amateur compared to Ally Pally, at least the matches have improved a bit now that we've reached the last 8.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Anyone got a decent tip?

Waites is still going strong, could struggle a bit if Bobby George's laddie gets his scoring together in the semi.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Waites beat George 6-1, a tad one sided to say the least!

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2013, 05:51 PM
My eyes my eyes, just turned ESPN on because it was advertising darts, and again it was women darts. :confused:

Next we will be getting the world marbles championships. :rolleyes:

sambajustice
12-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Waites is a cut above everything else in the BDO, apart from maybe Tony O'Shea. Fully expect Waites to move to the PDC, he could be making the quarters regularly and pulling off some big results. The BDO is just honking, they should have let Barry Hearn take over when he offered!

jodjam
13-01-2013, 09:42 AM
It's not the quality of darts that gets on my thrupennies. It's the lack of walk on burds. Scandalous ;)

3pm
13-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Tony O'Shea away for a drink, 5-1 behind. Lets be honest, we empathise.

3pm
13-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Scott Waites just scored 7 with 3 darts.

3pm
13-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Set up is a joke.

Lets get cracking with the PDC Premier League.

DaveF
14-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Waites played well (despite his 7) and deserved his victory as he was head and shoulders above everyone else.

I think his win will stop him moving to the PDC as I think the champ has to defend his title, but Waites seems pretty happy working and keeping his darts as a hobby anyway.

It is crap compared to the PDC setup but the BDO could instantly make it much better by retiring Martin Fitzmaurice and hiring some announcers who don't sound like pre pubescent schoolboys.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't know what the final averages were, but, after 6 sets O'Shea was averaging in the high 70s and Waites was averaging 87.
They would've struggled to get through the first round of the proper World Champs @ Ally Pally.

Oh aye, I've got to say that O'Shea really gets on my bosoms, Silverback you're having a laugh!

DaveF
14-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know what the final averages were, but, after 6 sets O'Shea was averaging in the high 70s and Waites was averaging 87.
They would've struggled to get through the first round of the proper World Champs @ Ally Pally.

Oh aye, I've got to say that O'Shea really gets on my bosoms, Silverback you're having a laugh!

Never checked the averages but Waites has proven that he can mix it with the best in previous GSOD's.

If O'Shea was only in the 70s then Waites didn't have to be anywhere near the top of his games to stroll it.

3pm
14-01-2013, 10:31 PM
86.43 v 81.9.

Pish. The qualifier who played Anderson at Ally Pally hit 94 or 95!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2013, 09:13 AM

I tried to watch this version of darts, but only fleetingly as it just did not keep me entertained long enough. I personally think they should join both organisations, the council tv one is just not interesting or good enough imo.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2013, 10:35 AM
86.43 v 81.9.

Pish. The qualifier who played Anderson at Ally Pally hit 94 or 95!

Dobromyslova managed to average 82.29 in winning the womens final, says it all really.

Hibbie_Cameron
16-01-2013, 06:30 PM
What annoyed me most about the final was how chuffed O'shea seemed to be to get gubbed. He was face was gleaming on stage and i thought he was never gonna move out the way for the Waites presentation. Imagine getting hammered 7-1 in a final and being pleased. I know the 30k cheque would help but that is small consolation for someone who has now lost 7 major finals, including 3 world finals.

Was debating on another forum too about Anastasia.I honestly think she would have a chance at the mens title if she was allowed to compete. I know she played the men in the PDC but would it be allowed in the BDO?