PDA

View Full Version : A prudent point to remember...

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2013, 10:49 PM
In more ways than one..

The Hertz team we faced tonight will arguably be the strongest one we'll see for MANY years to come...

They can't afford Zallyuseless, Taouil, Stevenson, Sutton, Driver etc..

These guys will be gone by the end of January, if not most certainly next season..

They won't be signing players of similar or better quality for a long LONG time!

I'm disappointed at a draw but in the long run, it's a good result!!

I can't see them beating us for a long, long time :aok:

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Even this morning with a clear head, I'm still happy with a point :wink:

BarneyK
04-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I would have taken a point before the match no problem. What troubles me is that we never appear for these matches. Not one player has the bottle to keep the ball, to make passes, to show any kind of bravery in dangerous areas. Too afraid to lose the match we never really try to win it. Yeah we could have nicked a goal but that performance would have still been sub-standard. And yeah we're harder to beat, but our pace moving forward sometimes is snail's pace at best. In those circumstances I'm not sure that we would get the better of them on a regular basis even if they're playing their under 20's for the next few years. Until our mental attitude is right we will never dominate these games.

#FromTheCapital
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Hearts were significantly weakened from the last time we played them and we were arguably stronger.

I'm happy with a point after a dour performance like that although to be fair I thought hearts were murder as well. 2 very average teams. I think last night was a typical edinburgh derby and the type of derby we should get used to for the next few years. Not quite the hammering many on here were predicting us to dish out.

Alfred E Newman
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
]I would have taken a point before the match no problem[/B]. What troubles me is that we never appear for these matches. Not one player has the bottle to keep the ball, to make passes, to show any kind of bravery in dangerous areas. Too afraid to lose the match we never really try to win it. Yeah we could have nicked a goal but that performance would have still been sub-standard. And yeah we're harder to beat, but our pace moving forward sometimes is snail's pace at best. In those circumstances I'm not sure that we would get the better of them on a regular basis even if they're playing their under 20's for the next few years. Until our mental attitude is right we will never dominate these games.

The first sentence and the last sentence of your post sums it up really. That Hibs team last night never looked like they were trying to win the game or even believed they could win the game. That has been the case for too many years now and is the difference between the two clubs and part of the reason that our derby record is so poor..

BarneyK
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
[B]

The first sentence and the last sentence of your post sums it up really. That Hibs team last night never looked like they were trying to win the game or even believed they could win the game. That has been the case for too many years now and is the difference between the two clubs and part of the reason that our derby record is so poor..

:agree: It took the calming influence of Sauzee to come in (in recent times) to redress the balance at all. Other than that, it's usually headless chickens from us.

adhibs
04-01-2013, 10:22 AM
very poor performance but im happy to leave there with a point. Still 6 ahead of a hearts team thats about to fall apart aswell. A couple additions before the dundee game could help us kick on in the rest of the season

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
The performance, in an attacking and footballing sense was poor BUT the fighting spirit and effort was excellent..

We are crying out for a bit of craft and imagination in the side, I have no doubt Pat will be looking to get a player or players in that have the talent and skill to do so..

The team is improving all the time whereas those Orcs are and will only get worse!!!