PDA

View Full Version : spitting at the ball boy

dp00
03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Hearing that a hearts ballboy was spat on by one of our fans ? Anyone confirm ?

kj79
03-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Someone definitely got huckled after something happened down the front.

madgoalie87
03-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Really hope this isnt true but if it is absolute sccum!! Too many people going to games just to play the hard men recently, dont understand why they cant go , enjoy the game and allow other hibs supporters to enjoy it without being subject to their idiotic behavour

hibbysam
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Is true I'm afraid.. Although them throwing a smoke bomb into our crowd isn't much better.. All low life's imo

DaveF
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM

Dearie me. Just how drunk or stupid do you have to be to do somethibg like that?

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Saw the ballboy jump back then someone lifted.

Takes a real hard man to spit on a child.

cabbageandribs1875
03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
richard gordon was saying something about a hibs scarf that had been tossed onto the park, think it landed on top of the net and the ballboy was lifting it off with a pole and holding it as far away as possible from himself incase he touched it :rolleyes: also clancy was gobbed at by a yamboid but the little brave coward that done it ran off when the polis/stewards arrived, i saw some old guy yelling at clancy near the end when he was taking a shy up at the roseburn end, he looked about 70+ years auld, he's maybe been left stagnating in that section since the most vile yamboids used to sit in that section, he must be a pretty bitter old man

IFONLY
03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
What is it with some of our support that makes them behave like animals. Not content with throwing coins and the like at McDonald one of ours spat on the ball boy no once but twice. Total cretin and we can definetly do without his kind.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
What is it with some of our support that makes them behave like animals. Not content with throwing coins and the like at McDonald one of ours spat on the ball boy no once but twice. Total cretin and we can definetly do without his kind.

Said at the game that I doubt I'll be going to Tynecastlr again any time soon. It really does attract the absolute dregs of our support.

The majority of Hibs fans behaved very well tonight but throwing coins/lighters/pies or whatever, spitting on a child (whatever he did or didn't do) and the couple of cretins next to me who kept referring to Taouil as a terrorist and a Paki means I just can't be arsed with it anymore.

deekster
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Not wanted at Easter Road . ****. End off.

hibee92
03-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Hope whatever lowlife it was is punted from ER for life. No room for they kind of 'people' in football.

Nothing short of sc-um

Alfred E Newman
I hope the club make sure the lowlife that did it will never set foot inside Easter Road again.

Newhaven
richard gordon was saying something about a hibs scarf that had been tossed onto the park, think it landed on top of the net and the ballboy was lifting it off with a pole and holding it as far away as possible from himself incase he touched it :rolleyes: also clancy was gobbed at by a yamboid but the little brave coward that done it ran off when the polis/stewards arrived, i saw some old guy yelling at clancy near the end when he was taking a shy up at the roseburn end, he looked about 70+ years auld, he's maybe been left stagnating in that section since the most vile yamboids used to sit in that section, he must be a pretty bitter old man

Section N - NF and fascist breeding ground

ZS DOOM
03-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Absolute ****...

hibs_123
03-01-2013, 09:27 PM
This is all over Twitter and facebook.

Hope its not true.

Pete
03-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Don't know what the firework was all about. People around me were raging.

I wonder if they will be charged for that or their sectarian chanting?

madgoalie87
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Dearie me. Just how drunk or stupid do you have to be to do somethibg like that?

Just stupid through Nd through mate drink isnt an xcuse for that!

stoneyburn hibs
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Said at the game that I doubt I'll be going to Tynecastlr again any time soon. It really does attract the absolute dregs of our support.

The majority of Hibs fans behaved very well tonight but throwing coins/lighters/pies or whatever, spitting on a child (whatever he did or didn't do) and the couple of cretins next to me who kept referring to Taouil as a terrorist and a Paki means I just can't be arsed with it anymore.

Sadly the derby games brings out all the t1ts , who spoil it for many.

McIntosh
03-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Hope whatever lowlife it was is punted from ER for life. No room for they kind of 'people' in football.

Nothing short of sc-um

:top marksQuoted for truth. No place for this and no place for this piece of sh*te at Easter Road.

dp00
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
LBP reporting on twitter that only 2 arrests were made :/

Wembley67
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
LBP reporting on twitter that only 2 arrests were made :/

Never ever believe the football arrest stats that you read, ever.

Sean1875
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Chanting at us that we're ****, before throwing flares into our end and singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood. I'm not defending the actions of the individual who spat at the ball boy (if proved to be true) but this is just a perfect example of Yam Logic.

patlowe
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
I didn't see exactly what happened but the ballboy was definitely struck with something. An absolute disgrace IMO, let alone the fact that McDonald was hit repeatedly with coins. Fair play to the guy for not responding. People that feel the need to behave like that should be banned and I'd have no complaints if we were punished severely for it. If you can't behave like a civilised person then please, stay away from hibs games.

IWasThere2016
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Saw the ballboy jump back then someone lifted.

Takes a real hard man to spit on a child.

Yup. Pathetic behaviour. Shame on whoever it was.

One Day Soon
03-01-2013, 09:48 PM
There were some real idiots around me. Non-stop chanting, 90% of which had nothing to do with football, wasn't funny and which in any other circumstance would have made a normal person get up and walk away never to come back.

As to the ball boy incident it was pretty vile. The kid was doing his job retrieving the ball (I think from one of our fans trying to keep it from being given to their keeper). He grabbed it, threw it to the keeper and headed back to his position. On the way back he was spat at in the face. He looked genuinely shocked and a bit upset. I think witnessing that is one of my lowest moments at any game of any kind.

madgoalie87
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Chanting at us that we're ****, before throwing flares into our end and singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood. I'm not defending the actions of the individual who spat at the ball boy (if proved to be true) but this is just a perfect example of Yam Logic.

The chant was fully justified after what we are talking about happened,

Sudds_1
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
not sure if he spat at the boy..but from where I was looked liked he slapped him.........

....either way, low life and deserved to be lifted.

Capt Mainwaring
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM

Nothing short of sc-um

Correct. Totally out of order. Pathetic low life. hope CCTV root the guy out.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Not having a go at you but I really can't be bothered with this they're as bad as us crap. That's Old Firm nonsense.

If you went to that game tonight and spat at someone , decided to.throw a smoke bomb, coin or whatever then you are a ****bag whether you were wearing green or maroon.

Dinkydoo
03-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Don't know what the firework was all about. People around me were raging.

I wonder if they will be charged for that or their sectarian chanting?

Doubt it, even though Billy Boys was clearly heard via radio.

down-the-slope
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
There were some real idiots around me. Non-stop chanting, 90% of which had nothing to do with football, wasn't funny and which in any other circumstance would have made a normal person get up and walk away never to come back.

As to the ball boy incident it was pretty vile. The kid was doing his job retrieving the ball (I think from one of our fans trying to keep it from being given to their keeper). He grabbed it, threw it to the keeper and headed back to his position. On the way back he was spat at in the face. He looked genuinely shocked and a bit upset. I think witnessing that is one of my lowest moments at any game of any kind.

Chose not to take up my ticket for this after new year there last time and similar behavior.....sad I have been proved correct in not going. Just hope we have not also got a huge bill for damage to reduce Pats budget further :rolleyes:

Sean1875
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Not having a go at you but I really can't be bothered with this they're as bad as us crap. That's Old Firm nonsense.

If you went to that game tonight and spat at someone , decided to.throw a smoke bomb, coin or whatever then you are a ****bag whether you were wearing green or maroon.

Don't get me wrong, the guy that spat at the ball boy is a disgrace to the name of our football club. I'm just highlighting the fact that I fail to see how Hearts fans can try take the moral high ground here, not justifying our fans actions.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, the guy that spat at the ball boy is a disgrace to the name of our football club. I'm just highlighting the fact that I fail to see how Hearts fans can try take the moral high ground here, not justifying our fans actions.

Fair enough.

ChooseLife
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
The smoke bomb that landed at the feet of a 5-6 year old boy was equally disgusting, the police done nothing to find the person who threw it, ignoring the wee guys dad who was furious nothing was getting done, "I don't answer to you" is what the dad was told.

EHH yes you do public servant.:rolleyes:

patlowe
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Fair enough but I don't really care about hearts fans; the fact is that our support is full of idiots.

Sean1875
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Fair enough but I don't really care about hearts fans; the fact is that our support is full of idiots.

"Full of" is pushing it. Aside from the one idiot, I thought our support today from the march to the ground, to the march away from the ground was brilliant.

pacorosssco
03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
you should never spit at another person unless they are a jimmy saville.

two wrongs dont make a right but children(ball boys do missbehave) and two sides and all that

I know hearts fans some very nice people but once through castle grey skull turn into oddious ......... so much so I no longer want to hear their crap. They are not to be pityed.

we are 40 years ahead in evolution, small minded bigots

cwilliamson85
03-01-2013, 10:08 PM
What side did the smoke bomb come from?

Sean1875
03-01-2013, 10:10 PM
What side did the smoke bomb come from?

The Wheatfield stand (right hand side of the Hibs support)

Planet Hibs
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Happened right in front of us, total ****bag who got it tight from most hibbies as he was led away, the amount of utter ersholes there the night was unbelievable. Would never take ma kid to tynie. We were near front and were constantly ducking the coins n half eaten pies.... The only plus for the wee laddie was he Made a few quid picking up the coins !

Jonnyboy
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM

7.45 kick off preceeded by several hours getting tanked up in the Roseburn with a sprinkling of mindless yobbery is the recipe for this outrage. I hope the guilty party gets dealt with severely

hail1875hail
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
wasnt at the game is this what happened when the stewards ran over and the noise from the crowd increased? on telly you only seen a few stewards running over to the right side of the Hibs support before the cameras moved

trev the hat
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM

Offender should have been pointed out to steward/police straight away, same tolerance on here last week re homophobic/racial abuse. If we confront the perpetrator it's nipped in the bud. This is something we tend to suffer & ignore rather than confront, which is very wrong IMO
Far too often incidents are threads on forums rather than being dealt with as it should be as it happens. If they're big enough to dish it out then stand tall when confronted.

HibeeSince85
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Really didn't see some of the bother the rest of you saw. The smoke bomb... surely if it was thrown at us they're in the **** for it? At the time I thought it was to do with the boy that got lifted as they happened close together.

ZS DOOM
03-01-2013, 10:32 PM
It wasn't helped by fannys in the Hibs support who held the ball. Ffs, you were just time wasting for them

patlowe
03-01-2013, 10:33 PM
"Full of" is pushing it. Aside from the one idiot, I thought our support today from the march to the ground, to the march away from the ground was brilliant.

What about all the coins thrown at the hearts keeper? What about the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song that I personally witnessed sung at an Asian family in Glasgow on the way to the semi final? I'm not saying other teams don't have the same problems, we just can't take any sort of moral high ground, ever.

ZS DOOM
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
What about all the coins thrown at the hearts keeper? What about the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song that I personally witnessed sung at an Asian family in Glasgow on the way to the semi final? I'm not saying other teams don't have the same problems, we just can't take any sort of moral high ground, ever.

Wtf has a game last year got to do with today?

Sean1875
03-01-2013, 10:38 PM
You're singling out small groups within a large Hibs support. Watch those people sing the Edinburgh song in ER, how far into the song do you think theyd get before the abuse being thrown at them and them shutting up/getting their collars felt? The coin throwing is a problem that goes along with more or less every football club in the world. Am I justifying it? No i'm not. Should something be done about it? Absolutely. But it is far easier said than done to get rid of these supporters, its just a shame that the police and stewards dont seem as bothered by it as the majority of the Hibs support.

Pete
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM

Far from taking the high ground, maybe people are just adding a bit of balance.

Why the hell is there not a the same outrage towards the throwing of a firework into our end that could have blinded someone? To me that's a lot more serious than spitting.

patlowe
03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
You're singling out small groups within a large Hibs support. Watch those people sing the Edinburgh song in ER, how far into the song do you think theyd get before the abuse being thrown at them and them shutting up/getting their collars felt? The coin throwing is a problem that goes along with more or less every football club in the world. Am I justifying it? No i'm not. Should something be done about it? Absolutely. But it is far easier said than done to get rid of these supporters, its just a shame that the police and stewards dont seem as bothered by it as the majority of the Hibs support.

All fair points.

Dinkydoo
03-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Far from taking the high ground, maybe people are just adding a bit of balance.

Why the hell is there not a the same outrage towards the throwing of a firework into our end that could have blinded someone? To me that's a lot more serious than spitting.

I again seem to be agreeing with your post :)

Find it very strange that Hibs fans are being called out at providing a little balance to a thread 'bashing' our supporters for being fannies. I don't see anyone trying to justify the spitting, but the counter posting to anything negative being said about the yam support is astounding.

SteveHFC
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs1_zps32e3b2d1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs2_zps6efedae2.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs3_zpsa4531887.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs4_zps67070e3d.jpg

hibsbollah
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I didn't see exactly what happened but the ballboy was definitely struck with something. An absolute disgrace IMO, let alone the fact that McDonald was hit repeatedly with coins. Fair play to the guy for not responding. People that feel the need to behave like that should be banned and I'd have no complaints if we were punished severely for it. If you can't behave like a civilised person then please, stay away from hibs games.

:agree: McDonald was pretty good natured about the scarf chucking, had a bit of banter with us.

joe breezy
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I had Hearts fans calling Hibs fans **** on my Facebook wall - I've deleted both of them

I've no time for hearts fans whatsoever

Bad show but to blame a whole support for the actions of a few idiots is pathetic

Miguel
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
My son was a ball boy and if someone had spat on him I would have been raging: people who spit at ball boys are ****.
Was at ER in 87/88 when Celtic fan threw the CS gas grenade: people who endanger other fans are idiots, regardless of club.
But stewarding is a joke in Scotland. Id rather -despite their faults - pay for cops than stewards, who just hide when trouble starts. And you can understand why. Would you put yourself on the line for minimum wage?

Chuck Rhoades
03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
What about the **** ****s who throw the smoke in our end? That alright?

Pete
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
What about the **** ****s who throw the smoke in our end? That alright?

It appears so. We're just ****. That's the message I'm getting from both sets of fans!

No wonder they've been ****ing walking all over us for years.

Saorsa
03-01-2013, 11:02 PM
What about the **** ****s who throw the smoke in our end? That alright?I've read this whole thread and I cannae see where anybody has said that? The person who slapped or spat on that bairn or whatever they did is a cretin.

Pete
03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs1_zps32e3b2d1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs2_zps6efedae2.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs3_zpsa4531887.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/hibs4_zps67070e3d.jpg

What's the point of this. Are we going to start trying to put names to faces? Are we going to get ripped into the guys who are "applauding him", like they are on the hearts fans sites? These people probably didn't even know what had happened yet they are being crucified.

He's being dealt with, unlike the piece of filth that threw a firework.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2013, 11:06 PM
I knew that something had happened at the time but I had no idea what it was as I couldn't see down there from where I was sitting.

If the guy has spat on the ballboy then I hope his details are passed to Hibs and that he is banned for life.

Absolutely no excuse for behaviour like that, it's one of the most vile and disgusting things that you could possibly do to someone.

I'll let Hearts worry about the smoke bomb that was thrown by one of their fans into our stand, we need to take responsibility for what our fans do and take the appropriate action.

Spitting at anyone, let alone a child, is totally unacceptable. I would call the guy an animal but you don't get animals behaving like that!

patlowe
03-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I again seem to be agreeing with your post :)

Find it very strange that Hibs fans are being called out at providing a little balance to a thread 'bashing' our supporters for being fannies. I don't see anyone trying to justify the spitting, but the counter posting to anything negative being said about the yam support is astounding.

But it wasn't just spitting, and I don't think anyone is condoning bad behaviour on the part of hearts fans. It's not about what team's fans did what, at the end of the day it makes no difference. It's about sounding out idiots.

matty_f
03-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Spitting at a laddie is ******* disgusting. :bitchy: I hope the person that did it is suitably dealt with.

As for balance, it's important to remember that there's idiots in every support. It's unrealistic to think that you're going to get thousands of folk together and they're all going to be good guys and gals.

And labeling an entire support as s**m for the actions of one or two is just ridiculous.

Pete
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Utter tripe.

hibsbollah
I knew that something had happened at the time but I had no idea what it was as I couldn't see down there from where I was sitting.

I would call the guy an animal but you don't get animals behaving like that!

Camels? :dunno:

oconnors_strip
Well he is getting named and shamed on Facebook by hearts and hibs fans. Apparently the wrong guy was taken away?

Mon Dieu4
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM

Llamas too, one spat on my brother at East Links Farm but to be fair he was asking for it

Chuck Rhoades
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Whoever done it got lifted, will be charged/fined and given a ban. No more else to say. He'll get what's coming. End of.

SMAXXA
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Dirty **** a disgrace to hibs

HibeeSince85
03-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Some of you are really getting in to your own fans here eh? The boy that spat on the laddie is a phanny but the vast majority were there to contribute to a great support.

legends of 73
03-01-2013, 11:18 PM

How the **** was that chant justified the spitting incident was wrong and hopefully tha cant that did it will get a life ban but to say that their chant was justified beggars belief :confused:

hibsbollah
03-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Llamas too, one spat on my brother at East Links Farm but to be fair he was asking for it

Dolphins too. And spitting cobras. Alpacas.

Sorry Falkirk but you're just wrong:agree:

Pete
03-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Well he is getting named and shamed on Facebook by hearts and hibs fans. Apparently the wrong guy was taken away?

Well who'd have thought it.

It's just tough **** that he's already been named and shamed by the righteous Hearts masses and the hibee helpers.

Right, does anyone have any footage of the Hearts fans who were spitting, throwing coins and pies, throwing fireworks, singing sectarian or homophobic songs?
Are we just waiting for someone else to make a big deal of this and label the whole of the Hearts support vermin and ****?

Sir David Gray
03-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Dolphins too. And spitting cobras. Alpacas.

Sorry Falkirk but you're just wrong:agree:

OK, OK so the boy's a llama! :aok:

hibsbollah
03-01-2013, 11:25 PM
OK, OK so the boy's a llama! :aok:

:hilarious :aok:

TornadoHibby
03-01-2013, 11:35 PM

Social media has many positives to if but when it is used to wrongly vilify an individual for something done by someone else then it is time for enforceable penalties to be introduced for perpitrators of such activity!

At the risk of sounding negative about social media, which I am most definately not, it, SMS and email allows cowards and bullys to say things about others with potentially wide reaching consequences that they could never do so easily or with such effect before the advent of this technology!

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?!

UltrasHibernian
03-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Just seen the boy jump back and from where i was standing looked like he was wiping his face. Shocking way to behave spitting at a young boy is bang out of order.

On the way out the ground a polis officer clapping us as we left saying something like 'well done lads spitting and abusing young lads, very big of use, how about use pick on someone like me' cant mind his exact words but those are similar, was pretty much directed to all hibs fans walking out of the roseburn entrance.

jabis
03-01-2013, 11:44 PM

well said :agree::agree::agree::agree:

we should root out the dic heads.....GET RID.............:grr:

seanraff07
03-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Thought the majority of the Hibs support were good tonight, more consistent singing than them. Well done folks.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM

If the guy has spat on the ballboy then I hope his details are passed to Hibs and that he is banned for life.

Absolutely no excuse for behaviour like that, it's one of the most vile and disgusting things that you could possibly do to someone.

I'll let Hearts worry about the smoke bomb that was thrown by one of their fans into our stand, we need to take responsibility for what our fans do and take the appropriate action.

Spitting at anyone, let alone a child, is totally unacceptable. I would call the guy an animal but you don't get animals behaving like that!

:top marks

matty_f
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Thought the majority of the Hibs support were good tonight, more consistent singing than them. Well done folks.

:agree: I wasn't there but we sounded great on tv.

Dinkydoo
03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
But it wasn't just spitting, and I don't think anyone is condoning bad behaviour on the part of hearts fans. It's not about what team's fans did what, at the end of the day it makes no difference. It's about sounding out idiots.

If its about sounding out idiots then fine; by your own admission, what else was it? How bad were our support?

Malthibby
03-01-2013, 11:49 PM
:top marks

What he said.

jabis
03-01-2013, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3463520]7.45 kick off preceeded by several hours getting tanked up in the Roseburn with a sprinkling of mindless yobbery is the recipe for this outrage.
soooo that's you're excuse :greengrin

dp00
03-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Just seen the boy jump back and from where i was standing looked like he was wiping his face. Shocking way to behave spitting at a young boy is bang out of order.

On the way out the ground a polis officer clapping us as we left saying something like 'well done lads spitting and abusing young lads, very big of use, how about use pick on someone like me' cant mind his exact words but those are similar, was pretty much directed to all hibs fans walking out of the roseburn entrance.

If this is true... And I have no reason to believe its not, these thing need to be passed onto the police

Ozyhibby
03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
A lot of whataboutery going on here. The bloke who spat on the ball boy is an absolute ****bag and deserves everything he gets. Well done the Hibs fans who pointed him out to the stewards. A good kickin' would have been ideal.

thekaratekid
03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Kickback have named two different folk.

jabis
04-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Well who'd have thought it.

It's just tough **** that he's already been named and shamed by the righteous Hearts masses and the hibee helpers.

Right, does anyone have any footage of the Hearts fans who were spitting, throwing coins and pies, throwing fireworks, singing sectarian or homophobic songs?
Are we just waiting for someone else to make a big deal of this and label the whole of the Hearts support vermin and ****?

???????

let's get the **** sorted out in OUR support first,THEN we can slag off hertz.

unless you think kicking the s**t out of another supporter is ok :confused:

Gerard
04-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Football is a beautiful game and should be played and watched in this way. There is no place for thugs period.

Dinkydoo
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
???????

let's get the **** sorted out in OUR support first,THEN we can slag off hertz.

unless you think kicking the s**t out of another supporter is ok :confused:

He was replying to a comment that suggested our named and shamed offender was actually innocently arrested, whilst another Hibs supporter had spat on the ball boy,

dp00
04-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Having looked at the accused twitter , it would appear he knows a few hibs players ...

JollyGreenGiant
04-01-2013, 12:25 AM

I was genuinely worried about what might happen at the game today? But tbh from what I saw the vast majority if Hibs fans were well behaved!

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2013, 01:03 AM

Then the cop was an incompetent fool who should be doing his job rather than inciting trouble from a entire support for the actions of one vile clown. Absolutely ludicrous behavior from somebody responsible for crowd control and public order.

Number69
04-01-2013, 01:15 AM
The boy has already been splattered over Facebook saying he is sorry and tried to apologise to the ball boy.

In short he has given himself up to the long arm of the law.

gegs70
04-01-2013, 01:28 AM
What's the point of this. Are we going to start trying to put names to faces? Are we going to get ripped into the guys who are "applauding him", like they are on the hearts fans sites? These people probably didn't even know what had happened yet they are being crucified.

He's being dealt with, unlike the piece of filth that threw a firework.

I agree the picture perhaps shows people claping but we have no idea if its for the polices actions or simething happening on the pitch. I think this should be left for the police and hibs to take the necesdary action!

JohnStephens91
04-01-2013, 01:56 AM
The guy is a minging dreg of society, spitting on someone is disgusting but spitting in the face of a child is abhorrent. I was in section M and didn't see what happened, all I seen was a group of stewards and police hauling a guy out, hopefully he gets what is coming to him. Ashamed that a Hibs fan would stoop this low, on the whole I thought we were all well behaved, it is unfortunate that the roaster that spat on the wee boy has tarnished our overall behaviour tonight.

leither17
04-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Just looked on the guy who is admitting doing its twitter there he is clearly a schoolboy himself just a stupid wee boy who has got caught up in the moment and regrets it

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 05:44 AM
From Hearts official twitter

@Hearts_1874: Sums up hibs fans, spitting on a wee boy, ****

Real professional.

They later see the error of their ways.

@Hearts_1874: Apologies for saying all hibs fans are ****, it's just disgusting coining and spitting on a wee boy!

whiskyhibby
04-01-2013, 06:09 AM
The boy has already been splattered over Facebook saying he is sorry and tried to apologise to the ball boy.

In short he has given himself up to the long arm of the law.

Not condoning what he has done as its a disgusting thing to do, but if true then fair play to him, not many would have done that

Barney McGrew
04-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Real professional.

@Hearts_1874: Apologies for saying all hibs fans are ****, it's just disgusting coining and spitting on a wee boy!

Regardless of what happened, that's an outrageous thing for them to be saying (and right on the back of their stadium announcer's comments on St Mirren as well)

Hibs should be pulling them up about that.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 07:30 AM

Real professional.

That's not Hearts official Twitter.

marinello59
04-01-2013, 07:32 AM

Just what I was about to post. Making things up isn't going to help.

frazeHFC
04-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Was a horrible thing to do. Spitting on Clancy and chucking a smoke (from what i hear, never saw it myself) into our end is no better though.

#FromTheCapital
04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Every set of fans in the world has complete tossers. Derbies seem to bring the worst of them out. The 7.45pm kick off during the holiday season was always going to be a problem so I'm not surprised that there was incidents.

Although it was a horrible thing to do, Hearts fans have no right to try and take moral highground on this especially after throwing a smoke bomb into our support.

j'adore hibs
04-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Lets face facts , every team have so called fans who are moronic with a drink in them or think their part of some casual resurgence
I was embarrassed at the murrayfield hotel last time out by songs sung by so called hibs fans and likewise get embarrassed by opposite supporters who spout similar pish
It really is about education respect and being a decent human being
If someone has spat at or abused a ball boy then he should be punished likewise those who sing sectarian or racist songs
It's about equal treatment for all not singling out one individual

Chuck Rhoades
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Boy sits near me at Easter Road. Would be surprised to see him at the next home match.

lucky
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
The boy should have not done it. It was disgusting stupid thing to do but he looks like he just a kid himself.

Edit, just read he was 16 and has been arrested for the spitting incident.

lucky
04-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Lets face facts , every team have so called fans who are moronic with a drink in them or think their part of some casual resurgence
I was embarrassed at the murrayfield hotel last time out by songs sung by so called hibs fans and likewise get embarrassed by opposite supporters who spout similar pish
It really is about education respect and being a decent human being
If someone has spat at or abused a ball boy then he should be punished likewise those who sing sectarian or racist songs
It's about equal treatment for all not singling out one individual

100% spot on. Treat others how you wished to be treated.

adhibs
04-01-2013, 09:35 AM
disguisting but im not goin to get too worried by the actions of one person, someone whos only 16 aswell. First time iv been to tynie in years and i thought the hibs fans were fantastic

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM

What is Hearts official twitter?

J

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
What is Hearts official twitter?

J

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts

francobaresi
04-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Social media has many positives to if but when it is used to wrongly vilify an individual for something done by someone else then it is time for enforceable penalties to be introduced for perpitrators of such activity!

At the risk of sounding negative about social media, which I am most definately not, it, SMS and email allows cowards and bullys to say things about others with potentially wide reaching consequences that they could never do so easily or with such effect before the advent of this technology!

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?!

Best post of this thread; what right do we have to crucify someone else's alleged errors, it has been done in the past and look what happened. Best left to the law to decide. Let him who is without sin and all that... Gospel of John :wink:

Johnny Clash
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Spitting is a repulsive thing to do - and to gob on a ball boy should rightly be condemned.

But the regrettable actions of a 16 year old Hibs fan does not give Hearts the moral high ground to slate all Hibs supporters.

Of course, the victim in this instance was a ball boy so that adds to the anger but every time I go to their rancid ground I see Hearts fans gob on Hibs substitutes as they jog past section N (for Neanderthal)! One game Matty Jack was gobbed on by a couple of boneheads waving an Ulster 'No Surrender' flag. He went totally mental at them and just about hauled one of them out before stewards stepped in. Stewards and police incidentally stand and ignore this guaranteed abuse.

When they play at Easter Road you never see their subs covered in spit as they run past the lower West.

So... yes it's awful that a ball boy gets spat at by a young Hibs fan but it's also awful that 'adults' gob on Hibs players!

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts

Cheers

SkintHibby
04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Years ago after a derby at Tynecastle I seen a fat Jambo grown man punch a wee Hibby lassie about 12 in the face.

Both sets of fans have their morons and none has any right to any moral high ground!!!

Peevemor
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Years ago after a derby at Tynecastle I seen a fat Jambo grown man punch a wee Hibby lassie about 12 in the face.

Both sets of fans have their morons and none has any right to any moral high ground!!!

She'd probably just told him where to ram his sweeties and pictures of puppies.

SkintHibby
04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
She'd probably just told him where to ram his sweeties and pictures of puppies.

Mlost vile thing I've ever witnessed at a football match. Thankfully it was spotted by the police and he was huckled away.

hibsmad
04-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Pretty sure I heard the Hearts fans sing "are you Celtic in disguise" when watching on the tv. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on why they chose to sing this? I assume that there was no sectarian singing coming from the Hibs support? It's just that where sectarian singing is concerned, then our lack of it is something that I do enjoy taking the moral high ground over Hearts fans.

As for the spitting then I hope the guy never attends another Hibs game for the rest of his life. He is one idiot though and does not reflect the majority of Hibs fans.

rossevenil
04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Pretty sure I heard the Hearts fans sing "are you Celtic in disguise" when watching on the tv. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on why they chose to sing this? I assume that there was no sectarian singing coming from the Hibs support? It's just that where sectarian singing is concerned, then our lack of it is something that I do enjoy taking the moral high ground over Hearts fans.

As for the spitting then I hope the guy never attends another Hibs game for the rest of his life. He is one idiot though and does not reflect the majority of Hibs fans.

That was about the time the ball boy incident took place so guess their comparing us to them for that?

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 11:40 AM

I just assumed sombody whipped out a tricolour.

Not wanting to get into a flag debate (Plenty of UJs on display), but was there any tricolours in our end?

J

givescotlandfreedom
04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I just assumed sombody whipped out a tricolour.

Not wanting to get into a flag debate (Plenty of UJs on display), but was there any tricolours in our end?

J

There was the usual handful of 13 year old experts on the Irish Nationalist movement who brought some along.

silverhibee
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibs-fan-apologises-after-spitting-on-ballboy-at-edinburgh-derby-1-2718469

silverhibee
04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
That's the story in the EEN today, the front page has a picture of the offender and a picture of the ballboy standing giving the 5-1 sign. :rolleyes:

How did the EEN miss the sectarian singing from the mutants and the smoke bomb thrown in to the Hibs end which is not mentioned in there story, EEN making them out to look like victims here.

Green Fish
04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
All teams have sections of support that are **** that will never change - just some teams have more **** than others!!

Absolutely disgusting what happened to ball boy regardless of what he was doing, don't need folk like that - everyone knows of the bigoted imbeciles that follow the yams.

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
No mention of the grown men (who should know better) gobbing on Deegan and McGirven.

However children spitting on another child is top story.

Not excusing them, but a player being spat on doesn’t appear to be news.

Pete
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM

It happened after the smokebomb incident. Hibs fans who had seen what happened were absolutely fuming and were getting held back by the police.
The guy who chucked it done it as eyes were elsewhere so hearts fans must have just thought we had went mental and the two hucklings and smokebomb were all our own work.

Nice to see the Scotsman paint a balanced picture of events. They're probably going to get away with this..again!

1875HFC
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
The boy who spat on the ball boy was about 10 folk to my left at the very front leant right over and covered the boys face in spit, was vile to see someone doing that to a kid. Equally soon as the boy was getting hauled out we had coins and all sorts raining down on us and cutting hibs fans in the front rows. When telling a police officer he laughed and said "just lick the blood off" and thought the whole thing was amusing - very poor

Mon1875
04-01-2013, 03:20 PM
My friend Luke Clark has been named on Twitter and Kickback as the guy who did this and it is not true. The hassle poor Luke has had today is shocking. Whoever did do it should be ashamed of themselves.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
the wee boy's been washed now. Get over it!

s.a.m
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
My friend Luke Clark has been named on Twitter and Kickback as the guy who did this and it is not true. The hassle poor Luke has had today is shocking. Whoever did do it should be ashamed of themselves.

James McPake‏@JamesMcPake Defo wasn't @lukeclark92 (http://www.hibs.net/lukeclark92) who spat on the ball boy last night people,twitter can be dangerous when things like this happen!

Bostonhibby
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM

And Llamas! I know, one of them spat a foul smelling goo on me, and what did Lothian & Borders finest do about it? F all, I blame Petrie.

Mon1875
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
James McPake‏@JamesMcPake Defo wasn't @lukeclark92 (http://www.hibs.net/lukeclark92) who spat on the ball boy last night people,twitter can be dangerous when things like this happen!

:thumbsup:

Peevemor
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
The reaction on Brokeback is amazing. Whilst I agree that gobbing on the young lad (or anyone for that matter) is despicable, the merricks across there would have you believe that no yam has spat anybody - ever.

However, one of my favourites -

Originally Posted by the zoomer that cals himself Alan Partridge

They go on about paedophiles etc and then one of the displays violence towards a ball boy who was trying to his job?

On top of the Mercer chants they are ******* ****. Don't bother telling me we all have idiots because we wouldn't stoop to that level.

Vermin.

Knob!

Bostonhibby
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
The reaction on Brokeback is amazing. Whilst I agree that gobbing on the young lad (or anyone for that matter) is despicable, the merricks across there would have you believe that no yam has spat anybody - ever.

Knob!

:confused: beginning to wonder if I actually saw the two "fans" who actually got onto the park at tiny to attack Deek and then Neil Lennon, both of whom were doing, er, ahem......."their job".

Don't suppose there is any point in even mentioning that I have a young relative who was spat at by a departing Yam whilst she was standing at the bus stop at the top of London Rd after the League Cup QF game in 2007 - can't have happened as they don't do that sort of thing - they much prefer to do their offending over the internet where they feel safer :wink:

As for spitting on the kid, not acceptable and I hope the club and the law deal with it properly.

silverhibee
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM

Knob!

Aye they didn't sing paedo songs towards Zemmana, and of course there fans don't run on to the pitch to attack Riordan and Lennon and be violent. :casper:

Infact, did the SFA ever punish them for these incidents.

Kenny1875
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM

One of his friends did it as a 'joke'.

degenerated
04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Aye they didn't sing paedo songs towards Zemmana, and of course there fans don't run on to the pitch to attack Riordan and Lennon and be violent. :casper:

Not to forget that it wasn't too long ago that skacel gobbed on Neil lemon and Santana did the same with Danny grainger. This doesn't detract from the shameful behaviour of that clown last night though, that sort of behaviour along with hearts blatant sectarianism has no place in football.

Peevemor
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM

What gets me is that he's more or less suggesting that spitting on somebody is worse than being a paedo. It's probably better not thinking about how his mind works.

degenerated
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
What gets me is that he's more or less suggesting that spitting on somebody is worse than being a paedo. It's probably better not thinking about how his mind works.

Wee airdrie jambo would most definitely agree with him.

They're a weird bunch on hmfcgroomback :agree:

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Given some of what's gone on on brokeback before probably means some do think spitting is worse than a bit casual noncing.

Remember the weirdo who had pictures of child brides on his computer and posted them up to slag Zemamma. Wonder what else he has on his hard drive?

Seedy website.

--------
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM
And Llamas! I know, one of them spat a foul smelling goo on me, and what did Lothian & Borders finest do about it? F all, I blame Petrie.

Fulmars, too. They do a projectile vomiting job of half-digested fish bits and gut juice.

Smells as bad as a Yam.

givescotlandfreedom
04-01-2013, 05:08 PM
It seems that according the Merricks this pretty disgusting act is all that happened yesterday and their lobbing smoke bombs at an infant Hibs fan, spitting on our players and belting out the usual sectarian songs are insignificant when it comes to being on your high horse.
It was a disgusting act but let's not pick and choose what happened yesterday.

Sean1875
04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
"On top of the Mercer chants they are ******* ****. Don't bother telling me we all have idiots because we wouldn't stoop to that level."

Yeah it's not like they sang about Tony Mowbrays wife. Or Scott Browns sister. Or Dean Shiels disability. Oh no wait, hang on..

StevesFamau5
04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
One of his friends did it as a 'joke'.

i saw that name. proof that social networking is dangerous. hardly a joke to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty Boy
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
"On top of the Mercer chants they are ******* ****. Don't bother telling me we all have idiots because we wouldn't stoop to that level."

Yeah it's not like they sang about Tony Mowbrays wife. Or Scott Browns sister. Or Dean Shiels disability. Oh no wait, hang on..

According to one of their own players Twitter accounts there was a few shocking comments aimed at Leighs Griffiths about his kids as well.

Neither side coming out of last night smelling of roses sadly.

leggeto
04-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Just stupid through Nd through mate drink isnt an xcuse for that!

think you would have to be a nasty peice of work to do that before drink is even introduced,he should be given a banning order for that:flag:

Bostonhibby
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Fulmars, too. They do a projectile vomiting job of half-digested fish bits and gut juice.

Smells as bad as a Yam.

Hear what you say Doddie but not sure you are right, have you ever seen a fight between a Llama and a Fulmar? its the only way to settle it in my opinion. If you can find any Youtube evidence that said bird has prevailed before I get back from the pub then please post it and I will pay homage in the morning :wink:

sent from my Blackberry Messenger

capitals_finest
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
The youngster who spat on the ball boy should be ashamed of himself.

It is a shame because the Hibs support was excellent. A yam friend of mine said that was the loudest away support he has ever seen at Tynecastle.

Mikey
05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
The youngster who spat on the ball boy should be ashamed of himself.

It is a shame because the Hibs support was excellent. A yam friend of mine said that was the loudest away support he has ever seen at Tynecastle.

It is a shame as it's really just that one incident, by one person, that's giving the whole Hibs support a bad name. The Hearts fans who gobbed at Clancy and McGivern got away scot free as they didn't hit their target!

CRAZYHIBBY
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
This is rediculous the wee prick was spat on ffs ...big deal . I got spat on at tynecastle in 2001 and I remember the tramps at ibrox gobbing on us a year or two earlier......its disgusting but get over it.

The wee prick was giving the 5.1 sign and being a general smart ass......if id have been a few seats nearer the front id have gobbed on him as well

Cabbage East
05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
:faf:

adhibs
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
This is rediculous the wee prick was spat on ffs ...big deal . I got spat on at tynecastle in 2001 and I remember the tramps at ibrox gobbing on us a year or two earlier......its disgusting but get over it.

The wee prick was giving the 5.1 sign and being a general smart ass......if id have been a few seats nearer the front id have gobbed on him as well

i thought it was disguisting at the time and still do but the hearts reaction is laughable. **** them, theve got no right to try and claim any moralge high ground. unbelieveable that a wee bit salivas gained 100 times more attention than a smoke bomb, which from what ive read hit a wee girl.

edit: il also add the fact that the boy who done it was only 16 adds to how unreal the reactions been. not that age is a complete excuse but hes just a daft wee laddie

leggeto
05-01-2013, 06:46 PM
i thought it was disguisting at the time and still do but the hearts reaction is laughable. **** them, theve got no right to try to try and claim any morale high ground. unbelieveable that a wee bit salivas gained 100 times more attention than a smoke bomb, which from what ive read hit a wee girl.

edit: il also add the fact that the boy who done it was only 16 adds to how unreal the reactions been. not that age is a complete excuse but hes just a daft wee laddie

my thinking aswell,wonder how old the flare thrower was,that place really does bring out the monster in people:flag:

AlbertK86
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
i thought it was disguisting at the time and still do but the hearts reaction is laughable. **** them, theve got no right to try to try and claim any morale high ground. unbelieveable that a wee bit salivas gained 100 times more attention than a smoke bomb, which from what ive read hit a wee girl.

The boy who tweeted the admission is only 13 ... Not 16 as being reported

Still no excuse

GoldenEagle
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
The boy who tweeted the admission is only 13 ... Not 16 as being reported

Still no excuse

It isn't an excuse but it is a factor, the result is now that a 13 YO spat on a 14 YO. It does put a different slant on the whole episode IMO, yes disgusting but any more disgusting than the witch hunt, abuse, threats of violence and the rest that have been posted on line since the incident. I'll let others be the judge of that.

marinello59
05-01-2013, 07:50 PM

So a wee bit of banter from a child would justify you spitting at him? You should just stay away from Fitba grounds. It's really sad that Hibs have idiots like you following us.

AlbertK86
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
So a wee bit of banter from a child would justify you spitting at him? You should just stay away from Fitba grounds. It's really sad that Hibs have idiots like you following us.

Well said mate

Hibby D
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Yup :agree:

leggeto
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM

what a stupid reply:confused::rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM

I assume you're on the wind up?

Capt Mainwaring
05-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Deary me - grow up son. It's ridiculous that we have like you in our fan base.

Hibrandenburg
06-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, even if the perp is 13 and cannot be condoned by any right thinking person. BUT my ****ing word aren't the Press/Yams making a meal of it.

EdinMike
06-01-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm more disgusted by the fact they both have Twitter accounts...

bigwheel
06-01-2013, 08:20 AM
This whole affair, makes me long for the days of a good old fashioned. "square go after the match ! ".....

Gala Foxes
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
If they can identify the culprits clearly then these individuals should be banned from Easter Road for life - total disgrace

Disgusting scenes

Pretty Boy
06-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Well said.

Was worried for a moment when I read a couple of people agreeing with such a ridiculous post.

Just Alf
06-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Well said.

Was worried for a moment when I read a couple of people agreeing with such a ridiculous post.

This

CRAZYHIBBY
06-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Says it all really!

matty_f
06-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Please debate the point without insulting others. I've removed the original post along with those quoted.

#FromTheCapital
06-01-2013, 10:41 AM
All that needs to be said on this matter is that the ballboy shouldn't of been spat on. Hearts fans and the papers shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it but at the end of the day he shouldn't of been spat on. Any other incidents for example the smoke bomb have their own thread. Case closed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Surely it's shouldn't have, sorry, but, that's a wee pet hate of mine. ;-)

#FromTheCapital
06-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Surely it's shouldn't have, sorry, but, that's a wee pet hate of mine. ;-)

Ok il change mine if you remove the comma between "but" and "that's" ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm quietly confident that the comma is situated in its correct position. Not so sure about il though.

Keith_M
06-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm quietly confident that the comma is situated in its correct position.

Well then, you're, wrong.

:wink:

ancient hibee
06-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Well then, you're, wrong.

:wink:

Doubtful second comma in my opinion.But glad to see the correct use of "you're".

Lucius Apuleius
06-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Agree with the ancient one. Doubtful and superfluous second comma in my opinion.

aljo7-0
06-01-2013, 03:21 PM
With the winking smiley, I think it is a sarcastic second comma. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM

So you'd behave like a yob, given the chance? Dearie me