PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net review of the year

heidtheba
24-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok, so we're 51 weeks into 2012, I wondered what people's hibs.net highlights of the year were? This isn't a football results or performance question, more a look at the moments that people enjoyed the most on here. What makes your 'hibs.net highlights'?

I'll kick us off - The transfer deadline thread earlier this season - nothing happened at all but following it on here was hilarious. From discussions about what type of crisp sandwich was the best, to the appeal (in quite specific terms) of the girl on the secret escapes advert...loved it all.

Best 'the football is crap but lets pass the time' match report had to be the one way up north (can't remember who it was against) but the football was so bad that there was about three pages on whether the big yellow vehicle on the bridge you could see from the stadium was a JCB or other.

I also liked the thread about funny chants - my favourite being some chant to a short goalie in Ireland (nothing to do with Hibs iirc) where the opposing fans were shouting 'are you small or far away'.

So, what do the rest of you remember fondly this year?
PS hope I'm not standing on anyones toes with this thread!

Iceman1875
24-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Just a small one, but someone met McGivern in asda earlier this year and was questioning life at Hibs and if he'd like to stay etc... Another Hibs.net member pitches up and says 'what, you asked that? Why didn't you ask do your cuffs match your collar!?' brilliant!

FranckSuzy
24-12-2012, 08:45 PM
My favourite thread was the proposed boycott of the MK Dons game. Superb! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2012, 08:47 PM
HKhibby's political rants always bring a smile to my face.

Gatecrasher
24-12-2012, 08:58 PM
the transfer deadline thread is always a good laugh

tbfhibs
24-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Jimmy jambo

Ell_Chrisso
24-12-2012, 09:31 PM
1-0 all around the world

#FromTheCapital
24-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Financial meltdown and the lets all laugh at hearts thread my personal favourites.

BroxburnHibee
24-12-2012, 09:49 PM
January's transfer deadline day thread was a brilliant start and with the yams and sevcos troubles sandwiched inbetween that and the MK Dons thread it has been a truly memorable year on here. :thumbsup:

Highlight for me was the afore mentioned deadline day thread - comedy gold. :thumbsup:

Take a bow PH :not worth

hfc rd
24-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Easily without doubt the 1-0 thread. The transfer deadline day threads were good as well.

JollyGreenGiant
24-12-2012, 10:20 PM
The John 'bomber' Brown youtube link on the sevco thread, especially the bit where he gets the wee laddie/lassie mixed up!

S.sct
24-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Fartin Army 😃 loved the reaction👍

StevieT
24-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Definitely the boycott of the MK Dons game as the highlight for me.

matty_f
25-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Definitely the boycott of the MK Dons game as the highlight for me.

:agree: it was a belter.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-12-2012, 02:10 AM
January's transfer deadline day thread was a brilliant start and with the yams and sevcos troubles sandwiched inbetween that and the MK Dons thread it has been a truly memorable year on here. :thumbsup:

Highlight for me was the afore mentioned deadline day thread - comedy gold. :thumbsup:

Take a bow PH :not worth

Bowing as we speak.

Jones28
25-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Mk dons thread

The John mcglyn is a f****** roaster thread

Always love the transfer deadline day thread aswell!

MSK
25-12-2012, 08:12 AM
hibsbollah & his weather updates on the matchday threads, adds a funny slant to a thread that sometimes kicks off around five or six hours before a ball is kicked ..:greengrin

VickMackie
25-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Cav and CWG cutting through all the crap and helping a lot of people understand the rangers situation.

R'Albin
25-12-2012, 10:10 AM
hibsbollah & his weather updates on the matchday threads, adds a funny slant to a thread that sometimes kicks off around five or six hours before a ball is kicked ..:greengrin

They're fantastic, and obviously the ones already mentioned, the MK dons thread, the 1-0 thread and obviously the Deadline days threads. I get more excited for the latter than I do Christmas in all honesty.

Oh and a shoutout for the Veet for Men thread on the PM board, absolute gold.

Derek Dougan
25-12-2012, 10:20 AM
The transfer deadline day thread had me in stitches at times. Pedantic my son, take a bow :hibees

Pedantic_Hibee
25-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Regretfully, I start a new job on 21st Jan so I'll have to hand over the reins for January's deadline day. Gutted doesn't do it justice.

nonshinyfinish
25-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Regretfully, I start a new job on 21st Jan so I'll have to hand over the reins for January's deadline day. Gutted doesn't do it justice.

The Mayans were right about the world ending, they were just a few weeks early. I am crushed. :boo hoo:

R'Albin
25-12-2012, 11:37 AM

****. This. Company.

http://thehistoryofwwe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Jim-Cornette.jpg

SteveHFC
25-12-2012, 11:40 AM
For me the best gif used this year was this

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/f1jj0w.gif

Pretty Boy
25-12-2012, 07:26 PM
On the main board the MK Dons v Wimbledon thread was a cracker, as was the transfer deadline day threads. Compliments to Pedantic Hibee for that.

Elsewhere on the board the Ryder Cup thread in other sports was great and the Depression and anxiety thread in the Holy Ground was probably the best thread there has ever been on here.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-12-2012, 07:34 PM
The Depression and anxiety thread in the Holy Ground was probably the best thread there has ever been on here.

Forgot about that thread, If it even helped one person its hats off to all, its quite reassuring that plenty folk know that there is a time and place for having a carry on on this board and another such as this where the standard of the posts was outstanding.

MSK
25-12-2012, 08:37 PM
On the main board the MK Dons v Wimbledon thread was a cracker, as was the transfer deadline day threads. Compliments to Pedantic Hibee for that.

Elsewhere on the board the Ryder Cup thread in other sports was great and the Depression and anxiety thread in the Holy Ground was probably the best thread there has ever been on here.:agree:

Forgot about that thread, If it even helped one person its hats off to all, its quite reassuring that plenty folk know that there is a time and place for having a carry on on this board and another such as this where the standard of the posts was outstanding.:top marks

hibs4thecup1988
25-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Must say 1 of the things that made me join this site was hibsbollahs weather updates on the match day threads. They r absolutely class!! Haha.

Also the threads about the transfer deadline day are great :)

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2012, 11:39 PM

Elsewhere on the board the Ryder Cup thread in other sports was great and the Depression and anxiety thread in the Holy Ground was probably the best thread there has ever been on here.

:agree:

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Cav and CWG cutting through all the crap and helping a lot of people understand the rangers situation.

You actually think we know what we're talking about?

Seriously?

You're more deluded than the most rabid Yam roaster, mate.

:greengrin

spike220
26-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Posters how did they rate in 2012.:cb

Dashing Bob S: 9/10 - My MOM. Some of the best dead pan humor on hibs.net in the first half of the year but faded in and out in the 2nd half. Think he has more to give. (Resembles Griffiths)
Desperate Dan: 7/10 - Good solid shift and involved in a lot of what was going on, but needs to work his Avatar. (Resembles Doyle)
Scot 7_0 (Prague): Played a decisive roll in the 1-0 around the world thread, many argue that he started the whole thing off, this bait was swallowed by our Jambo friends hook and line. Didn’t do anything further of note but just like Deeks he did the business when it mattered. (Resembles WotherSpoon)
Spike220: 4/10 After a starring role in the SC Semifinal thread he shot to infamy for starting the SC final thread. Did his best to redeem himself with the biweekly 'weekly caption competition'. But he may get punted unless he lifts his game. (Resembles Kajabi)
HibsBollah 8/10: One to watch for the future, best pre-match weather updates in Scotland and very useful post match analysis and player ratings. (Resembles Fenlon)
Mikey 8/10 A real behind the scenes work horse and runs some great competitions. (Resembles Claros)
Pretty Boy 7/10 keeps the bed-wetters in check and brings a calm head when needed. Would like to see him start more threads though since I really value what he bring to the table. (Resembles Deegan)
SouthMorrowStu 6/10: The thread on the clubs shops opening hours was never going to win any awards to be honest but a good honest shift. (Resembles Hanlon)
Beefster 7/10" The old war horse always has good insight and info and I like his avatar. Always posts regularly and challenges whoever he feels like whenever he likes. (Resembles Mcpake)
Pendantic_Hibee: 8/10 Peaked with the mammoth transfer deadline thread, which was great fun, but has failed to consistently recapture his form (probably due to the limited number of transfer windows or injury). (Resembles Clancy)

NB: Please note scores are inconclusive and randomly generated. My thoughts are poorly researched and totally biased. Also loads of people have been left out. So please disregard most of my opinion as guff and don’t be offended! Feel free to revise or add your own reviews.

On another note that Hitler Parody on YouTube of the Jambo financial crisis was top draw. Whoever did this is a legend!:greengrin

GGTTH

lucky
26-12-2012, 07:37 AM
The personal stories of 9/11 were a great read. Transfer day was a great thread but the sevco meltdown wins by a mile. The arguments, threats of boycotts against Hibs and everyone else. Then the piss take you tube clips. With financial expertise thrown in for free as well. It is and was a true epic of a thread. I doubt there is anyone on this board who never contributed to it.

Teuchter Hibbie
26-12-2012, 07:54 AM
As a younger poster, I found the "Hands Off Hibs" thread from around a month ago a fantastic read.