PDA

View Full Version : If Hanlon was dropped

SMAXXA
24-12-2012, 08:55 PM
If he got dropped for McPake and McGivern what would peoples reaction be? With Lewis doing well at left back he should keep his place, or does McPake not come back in?

Thoughts?

Edit: Title amended as requested (on my bberry and doesn't look like its been updated??) Ach you get the jist.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2012, 08:56 PM
title could do with being altered:rolleyes:

Mr White
24-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I've got him first goal scorer so I'd be a little miffed.

AlbertK86
24-12-2012, 09:02 PM
If he got dropped for McPake and McGivern what would peoples reaction be? With Lewis doing well at left back he should keep his place, or does McPake not come back in?

Thoughts?

Want McPake and McGivern in centre then Lewis or Hanlon fight it out for LB

SMAXXA
24-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Want McPake and McGivern in centre then Lewis or Hanlon fight it out for LB

I agree, Lewis deserves to keep his place for now tho so bench would be where I would have him at the moment. Mind don't thing Pat was too pleased with James so he might not come back in?

Iceman1875
24-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Just last week I suggested the back four of Clancy, McPake, Mcgivern and Stevenson but was slated for even contemplating dropping Hanlon. IMO, this back four should be given a go.

sbell1875
24-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Other than one or two games I personally think Hanlon has been our best defender. If it was on form it would probably be a back four of Clancy, Hanlon, McGivern, Stevenson.

But, you can never not play your captain so I'd go with Clancy, Hanlon, McPake, McGivern.

SheriffLobo
24-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Why not mix it up and put Lewis or hanlon to right back? People don't like maybury so why not? After all maybury covers the left back position if needed.

AlbertK86
24-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Just last week I suggested the back four of Clancy, McPake, Mcgivern and Stevenson but was slated for even contemplating dropping Hanlon. IMO, this back four should be given a go.

Certainly not from me you weren't

A lot of people blind when in comes to Hanlon. I really want him to come good and toughen up but fear it will never happen.

Has had a few good games ... Especially against the ****s in the cup but is culpable obsolete many goals we lose

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2012, 10:48 PM

I'd not be against giving that back 4 a try, we have tried every other combination.

AlbertK86
24-12-2012, 10:49 PM

A lot of people blind when in comes to Hanlon. I really want him to come good and toughen up but fear it will never happen.

Has had a few good games ... Especially against the ****s in the cup but is culpable obsolete many goals we lose

Sorry predictive text and hashy fingers on phone obsolete should have been for so many !!

Eyrie
24-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Why not mix it up and put Lewis or hanlon to right back? People don't like maybury so why not? After all maybury covers the left back position if needed.

Both are left footed, so they'd be on their weaker foot as well as in an unfamiliar position.

PISTOL1875
24-12-2012, 10:59 PM
In all fairness , Lewis has been playing really well and merits to keep his place. Dropping McGivern would be a mistake and Maybury is the only player we have just now who could play RB , so do you drop Hanlon and replace him with McPake ??

AlbertK86
24-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Has had a few good games ... Especially against the ****s in the cup but is culpable for so many goals we lose

Hashy fingers and predictive text the obsolete was meant to be for so many

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Why not mix it up and put Lewis or hanlon to right back? People don't like maybury so why not? After all maybury covers the left back position if needed.I doubt it would work to be honest. Maybury is no where near as bad as some people seem to think and Hanlon has never done well when played right back IMO.

Russell The Dug
25-12-2012, 03:28 AM
If Paul's dropped I would suggest he stopped modelling his game round Chris Hogg.

scoopyboy
25-12-2012, 07:45 AM

And a helluva lot more blinded by McPake.

Just as well he's a good captain.

marinello59
25-12-2012, 07:48 AM
And a helluva lot more blinded by McPake.

Just as well he's a good captain.

:agree:

Hibstrooper
25-12-2012, 08:01 AM
I think the biggest lost to doing this would be McGivern from left back.

Stevenson has done well past couple of games but I just feel McGivern gives us something extra out there. Not only does he get forward better but he wins every header so playing it out to him is often the move from goal kicks as he will always win it.

RIP
25-12-2012, 09:16 AM
McGivern at defensive midfield. Be en effective role in front of a back four who have been succeptible to the through ball.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2012, 10:26 AM
McGivern at defensive midfield. Be en effective role in front of a back four who have been succeptible to the through ball.We lose a lot more goals to crosses than through balls. McGivern is more useful in defense than he would be in midfield.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2012, 11:30 AM
IMO when they are available, our starting middle centres are Hanlon and McPake. Whereas McPake can play with A.N. Other, I am not so sure that Hanlon is totally confident to do that, yet.

Feed McGraw
25-12-2012, 11:45 AM
If Paul's dropped I would suggest he stopped modelling his game round Chris Hogg.

I`d suggest he improves his concentration levels and stops ball watching so much. Get that sorted and he`ll be fine IMO.

Ultrabee1-0
25-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Mcgivern - mcpake - hanlon - lewy??

Titch
25-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I've got him first goal scorer so I'd be a little miffed.

Me too £5 25/1

SMAXXA
25-12-2012, 10:21 PM
McGivern at defensive midfield. Be en effective role in front of a back four who have been succeptible to the through ball.

What to complement our attacking midfield options? Don t be silly and start making up positions for players to accomodate them, playe them where they are best at which IMO for McGivern is CH. Lets for one be ruthless and say hes best there, he is best there and be done with it.

It didnt do Doyle any harm dropping him so why cant the same apply to Hanlon. JM and RM as our CH's lets try it we have nowt to lose lets be honest.

inglisavhibs
25-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Thoughts?

Edit: Title amended as requested (on my bberry and doesn't look like its been updated??) Ach you get the jist.

What an insane thread. Where are we going to get a better left centre back with our budget. Paul is the only player in recent years who has established himself in the first team coming through our youth system( wotherspoon is trying to get there this season) and has improved a lot this year but still everything is his fault. McGovern who has been a good signing got roasted against Motherwell and had a shocking first twenty minutes against Killie but that's ignored. McPake who again has been a good signing has made far more mistakes than Hanlon this season but again that's ignored. We have a lot more problems than centre back. Despite the improved results we still lack height, strength and pace in midfield and forward areas. Pretty sure the manager is aware of this and if we do have any spare cash in January I hope this is a priority.

SMAXXA
25-12-2012, 11:24 PM
What an insane thread. Where are we going to get a better left centre back with our budget. Paul is the only player in recent years who has established himself in the first team coming through our youth system( wotherspoon is trying to get there this season) and has improved a lot this year but still everything is his fault. McGovern who has been a good signing got roasted against Motherwell and had a shocking first twenty minutes against Killie but that's ignored. McPake who again has been a good signing has made far more mistakes than Hanlon this season but again that's ignored. We have a lot more problems than centre back. Despite the improved results we still lack height, strength and pace in midfield and forward areas. Pretty sure the manager is aware of this and if we do have any spare cash in January I hope this is a priority.

Insane????? You having a laugh? We have a better left centre back with our budget and he is already at the club and had a shocking first 20 minutes against Kili according to you. Regardless how Hanlon came about or Wotherspoon for example it means nothing when players under perform they deserve to be dropped simple as that. You have picked fault with a couple of players yet have failed to comment on Hanlons under par and I would say poor performances recently. I am not saying he aint a good player or wont get better all I am saying is he isnt performing as well as we need at the moment and hasnt done for weeks now IMO so why is not beyond being dropped?

Also for the record I am sure we could have better within our budget, look at Gunning at UTD as an example.

if you have a real think about what you posted as in this is insane thread, you need a reality check, I asked a question and gave my opinon on an issue that is no way insane.

scoopyboy
26-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Insane????? You having a laugh? We have a better left centre back with our budget and he is already at the club and had a shocking first 20 minutes against Kili according to you. Regardless how Hanlon came about or Wotherspoon for example it means nothing when players under perform they deserve to be dropped simple as that. You have picked fault with a couple of players yet have failed to comment on Hanlons under par and I would say poor performances recently. I am not saying he aint a good player or wont get better all I am saying is he isnt performing as well as we need at the moment and hasnt done for weeks now IMO so why is not beyond being dropped?

Also for the record I am sure we could have better within our budget, look at Gunning at UTD as an example.

if you have a real think about what you posted as in this is insane thread, you need a reality check, I asked a question and gave my opinon on an issue that is no way insane.

Not insane by any means but to me you are making Hanlon a scapegoat.

You say his recent poor performances yet he never put a foot wrong against SJ or Hearts, our only two clean sheets in a long time.

People whinge about Hanlon yet JC, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and now PF seem to play him regularly, I suppose it could be argued on here that they know nothing though.

Also interested to know how you know his salary and how it compares to Gunnings.

SMAXXA
26-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Not insane by any means but to me you are making Hanlon a scapegoat.

You say his recent poor performances yet he never put a foot wrong against SJ or Hearts, our only two clean sheets in a long time.

People whinge about Hanlon yet JC, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and now PF seem to play him regularly, I suppose it could be argued on here that they know nothing though.

Also interested to know how you know his salary and how it compares to Gunnings.

By no means am I making him a scapegoat Scoopy not at all, the point I made is that IMO he has underperformed largley this season on the back of an excellent start where I gave him massive credit.

The bit in bold you could say proves a point, 2 clean sheets in a long time yet whos been the constant in our defence (would argue he didnt put a foot wrong against St also)? I am not saying our goals concedeed are all down to him not at all, all I am saying is that he and the defence havnt been great, so why cant we change something and try the other 2 at CH? Maybe that would give him a kick up the erchi or rest ala Doyle and he would come back like he performed at the start of the season.

I dont think it is unreasonable to question his performances and merrits for being in the team.

sauzee=legend
26-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm all for McP and McG to play in the middle, but is it worth it? The partnership might not last long if McG doesn't stay beyond January. If a deal is sorted out for him to stay longer I would defo put McP and McG together.

Hanlon - well I get the feeling when he makes a mistake, error, out of form etc it gets over looked because he is a player brought through the youth ranks and is "one of ours" but if we bought him I'm sure a lot more people would be moaning about him. One thing I don't like about Hanlon, when he plays against a big, strong striker - Hanlon gets bullied about the park where as McG and McP don't IMO.

AlbertK86
26-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm all for McP and McG to play in the middle, but is it worth it? The partnership might not last long if McG doesn't stay beyond January. If a deal is sorted out for him to stay longer I would defo put McP and McG together.

Hanlon - well I get the feeling when he makes a mistake, error, out of form etc it gets over looked because he is a player brought through the youth ranks and is "one of ours" but if we bought him I'm sure a lot more people would be moaning about him. One thing I don't like about Hanlon, when he plays against a big, strong striker - Hanlon gets bullied about the park where as McG and McP don't IMO.

Well said that man

scoopyboy
26-12-2012, 11:06 AM
By no means am I making him a scapegoat Scoopy not at all, the point I made is that IMO he has underperformed largley this season on the back of an excellent start where I gave him massive credit.

The bit in bold you could say proves a point, 2 clean sheets in a long time yet whos been the constant in our defence (would argue he didnt put a foot wrong against St also)? I am not saying our goals concedeed are all down to him not at all, all I am saying is that he and the defence havnt been great, so why cant we change something and try the other 2 at CH? Maybe that would give him a kick up the erchi or rest ala Doyle and he would come back like he performed at the start of the season.

I dont think it is unreasonable to question his performances and merrits for being in the team.

Of course its not.

We will just have to go with what PF decides, for the first game in what seems like an eternity he has all his defenders to choose from.

Brooster
26-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Of course its not.

We will just have to go with what PF decides, for the first game in what seems like an eternity he has all his defenders to choose from.

Fenlon knows his back line should be Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern but he may find it difficult to drop Lewis who had a good game at Killie.

steviehibsleith
26-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Of course its not.

Hey scoopy is Clancy back and in contention for a start, hope so

scoopyboy
26-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey scoopy is Clancy back and in contention for a start, hope so

I think so, not 100% however.

steviehibsleith
26-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I think so, not 100% however.
Ok cheers :aok: