PDA

View Full Version : Suppose Sunday Is A Draw?

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2012, 12:03 AM
...and the money Los Yambolinos make from the replay can save their spotty little booty's for another few weeks - do we boycott the PBS replay knowing 'we can make a difference' to the time of their demise?

Saorsa
30-11-2012, 12:05 AM
...and the money Los Yambolinos make from the replay can save their spotty little booty's for another few weeks - do we boycott the PBS replay knowing 'we can make a difference' to the time of their demise?I dinnae go anyway so it'll make nae odds tae me.

joe breezy
30-11-2012, 12:07 AM
It won't happen, Hibs will win....

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 12:08 AM
We'll put them away on Sunday so the possible repercussions of a replay will be irrelevant.

hibees59
30-11-2012, 12:09 AM
No!

Hibbyradge
30-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Unfortunately, Hearts will win so your scenario won't come to pass.

iwasthere1972
30-11-2012, 12:34 AM
...and the money Los Yambolinos make from the replay can save their spotty little booty's for another few weeks - do we boycott the PBS replay knowing 'we can make a difference' to the time of their demise?

If it goes to a replay then we should show solidarity by both clubs boycotting it. Imagine if we boycott it and the Yams have to give Hibs half the spoils. That would really get up their noses. Even more if we pump them as well.

Boycotting is the way forward.

Hibercelona
30-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm just hoping that Rod hasn't told them to play for a draw to help them out.

It just seems like the sort of thing we'd probably do. :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm just hoping that Rod hasn't told them to play for a draw to help them out.

It just seems like the sort of thing we'd probably do. :rolleyes::faf:

macca70
30-11-2012, 07:22 AM
If it is a draw on Sunday, I hope Rod holds off sending them there half of Sundays gate money until we recoeve half of the replay money from them.

Also, guessing there fans would have to go down to the shop and queue up for replay tickets in this freezing cold, if they can only accept cash.

Anyway, a replay won't happen. We'll pump them at ER on Sunday.

#FromTheCapital
30-11-2012, 08:33 AM
If it is a draw on Sunday, I hope Rod holds off sending them there half of Sundays gate money until we recoeve half of the replay money from them.

Also, guessing there fans would have to go down to the shop and queue up for replay tickets in this freezing cold, if they can only accept cash.

We've effectively already given them a decent share of the money due because we let them sell their tickets weeks ago. There will still be some due but probably not too much after costs etc.

Here's hoping we turn them over on Sunday, its long overdue and this is the best chance we've had in a long time. Although i'm slightly concerned that we're missing 3 of our tougher players in McPake, Deegan and Clancy. We should hopefully have enough to win but its typical hearts luck that we play them with 3 good players out and a month before they will surely lose a lot of players. This being the first time (in a while at least) the scottish cup first round has been played before the new year, in previous years we would be facing them in January and presumably they would have a much weaker squad

YehButNoBut
30-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I can picture this scenario on Sunday, the game is finely poised at 1-1 with 2 minutes to go. Hearts with their customary luck against us (and it is the Scottish Cup) are giving a very dodgy penalty and Zally steps up to take it.

McGlyn starts making gestures for the sidelines telling him to hit it over the bar as they need the cash from a replay, Zally obliges and kicks it so high it ends up in the top row of the FF stand.

Mark my words that's what will happen. :wink:

Peevemor
30-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I can picture this scenario on Sunday, the game is finely poised at 1-1 with 2 minutes to go. Hearts with their customary luck against us (and it is the Scottish Cup) are giving a very dodgy penalty and Zally steps up to take it.

McGlyn starts making gestures for the sidelines telling him to hit it over the bar as they need the cash from a replay, Zally obliges and kicks it so high it ends up in the top row of the FF stand.

Why would he do that? - His wife has a job.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Knowing the SFA, the game will be a week on Friday and the Motherwell game will get moved to the Sunday!

YehButNoBut
30-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Why would he do that? - His wife has a job.

He must have spent her cash by now surely. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
30-11-2012, 09:13 AM

Why would they be kicking towards the FF end in the second half?

:rules:

YehButNoBut
30-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Why would they be kicking towards the FF end in the second half?

:rules:

They won the toss and just did it to annoy us. :wink:

Spike Mandela
30-11-2012, 09:28 AM
A draw is as good as a win for Hearts, a financial Brucey bonus if you like.

Nothing but a Hibs win will do!!!!!!

Part/Time Supporter
30-11-2012, 09:47 AM
A draw is as good as a win for Hearts, a financial Brucey bonus if you like.

Nothing but a Hibs win will do!!!!!!

A rare situation when their usual jubilant reaction to securing a draw at ER would be fully justified.

:greengrin

mim
30-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I dinnae go anyway so it'll make nae odds tae me.

:agree::agree:

Haven't given them a brass farthing for 20 years. :flag:

hibsbollah
30-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Im confused by this thread :dunno:

Surely we want to maximise our impoverished neighbours' income? Let Them Know Its Christmas etc?

CalgaryHibs
30-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Lol
This best quote of day!

Mom the HI-BEES!

VickMackie
30-11-2012, 01:09 PM
A draw may go towards buying sparky. It wouldn't be bad for us either.

yeezus.
30-11-2012, 01:10 PM
It won't happen, Hibs will win....

:agree: 2-0 and I won't have to worry about another trip to that s***hole of a ground.

duffers
30-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't get these sort of threads. I wan't Hearts to go down the pan as much as anybody, but first and foremost, I want to support Hibs.
Hearts would still probably sell this game out, and imagine the reaction of the players when they step out to see only Hearts fans. Not a good one i'd guess.
Or imagine the feeling that you missed out on Hibs turning them over on their own patch. So i would be there......

However, I've got a feeling we will finish this tie off on Sunday :flag:.

Keith_M
30-11-2012, 02:07 PM
If there's a replay, it's NOT a home game to Hearts, in the sense of a league game where they keep all income.

If we boycott (and say that's equivalent to 3,5000 fans less) then BOTH Hibs and Hearts lose out on something like £30,000 each.

I'm not sure that such a small amount of money would be the key to them not going bust... but having NO Hibs fans WOULD make a difference to our own team.

Peevemor
30-11-2012, 02:11 PM
If there's a replay, it's NOT a home game to Hearts, in the sense of a league game where they keep all income.

If we boycott (and say that's equivalent to 3,5000 fans less) then BOTH Hibs and Hearts lose out on something like £30,000 each.

I'm not sure that such a small amount of money would be the key to them not going bust... but having NO Hibs fans WOULD make a difference to our own team.

But can you imagine their pusses if it was a 100% yam crowd but they still had to give us half the dosh? :cb

Keith_M
30-11-2012, 02:15 PM
But can you imagine their pusses if it was a 100% yam crowd but they still had to give us half the dosh? :cb

My worry is more about the effect that it could have on our team. If they get backing from 14,000 fans and our end is empty, what if the psychological edge is just enough to make the difference that helps them win and go through to the next round? I'm sure we'd all be laughing then right enough.

Hibercelona
30-11-2012, 02:17 PM
:faf:

Don't underestimate Rod and his all out Business way of thinking. :wink:

Hearts are our 2nd greatest source of income at ER next to Celtic (not including ourselves of course). If he views a draw as a money spinning opportunity for the club, would he really turn it down?

Just saying... :tin hat:

Franck Stanton
30-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Silly arguments/discussions -- we are going to give them the footballing lesson of their miserable little lives on Sunday. Bring them on. Cannae wait.

:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa:hibees

LancashireHibby
30-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Im confused by this thread :dunno:

Surely we want to maximise our impoverished neighbours' income? Let Them Know Its Christmas etc?

"Buy their cupcakes, let them know it's Christmas time..."

The Sea-gull
30-11-2012, 05:16 PM
If it is a draw, when is the replay?

hibsbollah
30-11-2012, 05:23 PM
"Buy their cupcakes, let them know it's Christmas time..."

It would be nice for Bono, Phil Collins and the like to get together again for the Great Warwinners Bake Off :agree: They could do a new version of 'If id have heard you were coming I'd have baked a cake'.

Apocalypso
30-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Silly arguments/discussions -- we are going to give them the footballing lesson of their miserable little lives on Sunday. Bring them on. Cannae wait.

:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa:hibees

Correct answer ! ! :flag: