View Full Version : Danny Grainger

26-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Injured apparently

Danny Grainger ‏@Dannyg31986 (https://twitter.com/Dannyg31986) Had a scan this afternoon got my results back and it better news than I had expected but still gonna be out 4 a while which im gutted about

jodjam
26-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Good news. Defence is their strength. Hopefully one or both of their central defenders gets a dull one against celtc

26-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Good. He's one of their better players. I'd imagine McGowan would slot into left back with Barr their only senior player left who can play on the right, which is good because he's terrible there.

That said, I seem to remember them playing Ruben Palazuelos completely out of position at left back once against us and he was man of the match. :rolleyes:

26-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Good. He's one of their better players. I'd imagine McGowan would slot into left back with Barr their only senior player left who can play on the right, which is good because he's terrible there.

That said, I seem to remember them playing Ruben Palazuelos completely out of position at left back once against us and he was man of the match. :rolleyes:
You've better tactics than mcglynn, what abt Webster though is he oot.

26-11-2012, 07:51 PM

I'd disagree with that, I think he's gash. Not great defensively and his delivery most of the time is poor.

Still, might mean they are forced to play that young boy McHattie again at left back, I think he struggled against us when he played at Easter Road.

26-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Wonder if this is the usual Yam injury list before we play them, only for their players to be fine...

26-11-2012, 08:02 PM
he did have to go off against Well and they put McGowan LB and Barr RB.

26-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd disagree with that, I think he's gash. Not great defensively and his delivery most of the time is poor.

Still, might mean they are forced to play that young boy McHattie again at left back, I think he struggled against us when he played at Easter Road.

Agree on 1st part but I believe his delivery is a major asset for Yams. Think he's scored most of their recent goals ( 2! ) if he's removed from set pieces then that helps us IMO.

26-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Injured apparently

Danny Grainger ‏@Dannyg31986 (https://twitter.com/Dannyg31986) Had a scan this afternoon got my results back and it better news than I had expected but still gonna be out 4 a while which im gutted about

I'm sure Hearts will be delighted that he's announcing this on twitter. However it may be a smokescreen

26-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Agree on 1st part but I believe his delivery is a major asset for Yams. Think he's scored most of their recent goals ( 2! ) if he's removed from set pieces then that helps us IMO.

He scored thanks to a deflection against st mirren. I'll grudgingly give him credit for his goal against motherwell, but that was a once in a season strike from him. In the games i've seen them this season his free kicks and corners were usually poor. Always looks like he is capable of putting a good ball in, but rarely does.

26-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Who's paying for his treatment?

26-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Who's paying for his treatment?

We are (NHS)

26-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Who's paying for his treatment?They'll need tae have another jumble sale

26-11-2012, 09:11 PM
We are (NHS)

is it possible for me to defer my NIC's for a month or so, just until he's better, everyone else appears to be able to do it :(

26-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Wonder if this is the usual Yam injury list before we play them, only for their players to be fine...

Nah, definitely got a bad one against Motherwell. Amazed they kept him on as long as they did.

26-11-2012, 09:31 PM

I never said he wasn't gash, I just said he was one of their better players. :greengrin

Mark79
26-11-2012, 09:41 PM

Thought the very same.

26-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Good news. Defence is their strength. Hopefully one or both of their central defenders gets a dull one against celtc

26-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I never said he wasn't gash, I just said he was one of their better players. :greengrin

26-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Delighted he will miss out (unless its the usual Hearts injury crisis then they all play) as his set pieces are good, always a danger to us.

26-11-2012, 10:01 PM
To be honest, if we're any good, Danny ****in Grainger won't make a difference. We should do the biz regardless.

26-11-2012, 10:24 PM

Where's the bullseye smiley?

27-11-2012, 12:42 AM
To be honest, if we're any good, Danny ****in Grainger won't make a difference. We should do the biz regardless.

Exactly F them :fenlon

27-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Would be nice if a couple more of their defenders went out injured too. I am sick of the amount of times I've seen Webster and Zaliukas repel practically every single one of our attacks.

27-11-2012, 07:53 AM
he's out for at least 12 weeks.

27-11-2012, 09:04 AM

Thats one player who won't be coming off the Yams payroll in January. :greengrin

27-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Agh but wait:-

From today's Daily Express:- "John Mcglynn is keeping his fingers crossed that Grainger will return for Sunday's Scottish Cup fourth-round clash with Hibs"

This is Yamtime we're on about so in the space of a few hours, twelve weeks has now been changed to five days.

Leishy1995
27-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Agh but wait:-

From today's Daily Express:- "John Mcglynn is keeping his fingers crossed that Grainger will return for Sunday's Scottish Cup fourth-round clash with Hibs"

This is Yamtime we're on about so in the space of a few hours, twelve weeks has now been changed to five days.

Searched twitter, 'Celtic Updates' tweeted "Danny grainger has torn his knee ligaments" He surely cannot be playing this sunday!:thumbsup:

27-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Searched twitter, 'Celtic Updates' tweeted "Danny grainger has torn his knee ligaments" He surely cannot be playing this sunday!:thumbsup:

Lets hope they do play him if he's torn his knee ligaments. Because even the slightest turn could see it go. He would know this and be taking it easy. I'd rather Hearts played an unfit player than one of the young lads who will want to prove a point to the manager.

27-11-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20510342

27-11-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20510342

Well, that's restored my faith in voodoo. :greengrin

27-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, that's restored my faith in voodoo. :greengrin

Just hoping no Yams are sticking pins in a Griffiths doll tomorrow night...

27-11-2012, 01:30 PM
So Danny Grainger is injured, big deal, don't care who they play against us on Sunday, we will still beat them. Bring them on, cannae wait to have a Hibby party.

:hibees:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa

27-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Out for 3 months.

GoldenEagle
29-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Out for rest of season.

29-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Out for rest of season.

So he doesn't even get the chance to move on in January. He'll probably never be paid by them again.

For his sake I hope he's insured.

29-11-2012, 08:44 PM
So he doesn't even get the chance to move on in January. He'll probably never be paid by them again.

For his sake I hope he's insured.

I was just about to post that. If they go "pop" is he without pay until the end of the season, as he won't be fit to play.
SPL need to look at this soon

29-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I was just about to post that. If they go "pop" is he without pay until the end of the season, as he won't be fit to play.

He knew the risks when he joined hearts so tough titties

29-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Out for rest of season.

Yip, on his twitter he's out for 6-9 months.

29-11-2012, 08:59 PM

:agree: They all know the risks when signing on at that place.

29-11-2012, 09:03 PM

Yep, he was happy enough to sign for those muppets so if he finds himself at the back of the (long) queue for wages and they don't come then tough ****.

29-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Mrs McGlynn could give em a tap... heard she works?

29-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Him, Barr, Hamill etc all chased the extra money hearts unfairly offered so no sympathy.

29-11-2012, 09:14 PM

This. GIRFUY Grainger

29-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Mrs McGlynn could give em a tap... heard she works?

V good :thumbsup:

VickMackie
29-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Called a Hibby a wee fanny on Twitter earlier for winding him up.

VickMackie
29-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Yep, he was happy enough to sign for those muppets so if he finds himself at the back of the (long) queue for wages and they don't come then tough ****.

:agree: the money they're making because hearts overspent should have all been tucked away for when they don't get paid.

29-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Up yi Grainger. Hope you enjoy signing on.

30-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Him, Barr, Hamill etc all chased the extra money hearts unfairly offered so no sympathy.

Thank f... :aok:

gackohibs
30-11-2012, 07:33 AM
"Hes one of our top scorers with 3 goals"

Ahahaha

30-11-2012, 08:23 AM
A couple of other of their youngsters apparently took dull yins against Motherwell as well. Holt and that welt McGowan's wee brother (I think).

Don't know if this means anything of course, seeing as Hearts "injury woes" before Derbies often turn out to be utter pish, but it looks like they'll have a very young midfield/attack (such as it is in McGlynn's admirable "Hearts nil" tactics) on Sunday....

30-11-2012, 09:51 AM

They are now saying the good ticket sales and share issue means they could buy players in January !!!!!!!!

30-11-2012, 10:00 AM
A couple of other of their youngsters apparently took dull yins against Motherwell as well. Holt and that welt McGowan's wee brother (I think).

Don't know if this means anything of course, seeing as Hearts "injury woes" before Derbies often turn out to be utter pish, but it looks like they'll have a very young midfield/attack (such as it is in McGlynn's admirable "Hearts nil" tactics) on Sunday....

was on back of EEN. they'll both be involved so why print such pi5h!!

30-11-2012, 10:13 AM

I actually hope McGowan number 2 and Holt do play they are decent but the Celtc game showed how poor their younger players were in terms of defending and following runs.

30-11-2012, 10:33 AM
:fenlon