PDA

View Full Version : Kickback 'Pondlife'

WhileTheChief..
26-11-2012, 01:38 PM
As discribed by Helen Martin in today's EEN.....

Speaking of which, the Jambos Kickback pond life is at it again, harassing and insulting 40 girls, including young married women and mums, who have taken part in the Miss West Lothian beauty pageant fund-raising for the children’s charity River Kids.

Surely there must be nice Hearts fans on there too, who have something better and more important to focus on than writing hurtful, derogatory, nasty and cruel comments about young women doing their bit for a good cause? Of one girl they wrote: “If my girlfriend looked like that I’d kill myself”.

Another saddo with a misguided superiority complex said: “Carrying a few recessive alleles [genes] that lot”. (Obviously he’s never grasped the concept either of irony, or people living in glass houses.)

One girl was said to “look like she’s just been strangled”, another was described as being a “munter” with two years of make-up on.

Kickback could do itself and the club’s reputation a huge favour if it controlled content. Failing which it could always insist those who submitted the rude, bitter, bullying comments enter a Mr Hearts, post their own – doubtless handsome and heart-stopping – pictures online, and see what response they get. Proceeds to River Kids rather than Hearts FC, of course.

Just when they are looking for the good people of Edinburgh to bail them out. Fuds.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Dearie me. Not exactly crime of the century.

Future17
26-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Speaking of which, the Jambos Kickback pond life is at it again, harassing and insulting 40 girls, including young married women and mums, who have taken part in the Miss West Lothian beauty pageant fund-raising for the children’s charity River Kids.

Surely there must be nice Hearts fans on there too, who have something better and more important to focus on than writing hurtful, derogatory, nasty and cruel comments about young women doing their bit for a good cause? Of one girl they wrote: “If my girlfriend looked like that I’d kill myself”.

Another saddo with a misguided superiority complex said: “Carrying a few recessive alleles [genes] that lot”. (Obviously he’s never grasped the concept either of irony, or people living in glass houses.)

One girl was said to “look like she’s just been strangled”, another was described as being a “munter” with two years of make-up on.

Kickback could do itself and the club’s reputation a huge favour if it controlled content. Failing which it could always insist those who submitted the rude, bitter, bullying comments enter a Mr Hearts, post their own – doubtless handsome and heart-stopping – pictures online, and see what response they get. Proceeds to River Kids rather than Hearts FC, of course.

Just when they are looking for the good people of Edinburgh to bail them out. Fuds.

Bit full on for the EEN! :wink:

WhileTheChief..
26-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Nah, but nice to hear them described as such!!

Biff Tannen
26-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Agreed. Clutching at straws there.

Hermit Crab
26-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Lets concentrate on Hibs and not those daftys over the road.

Hainan Hibs
26-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm sure I read a thread regarding that competition on a Hibs website a few years back.

Miss Lothian Beauty Pagent, c'mon FFS :greengrin

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Judge for yourself. :wink:

http://www.misswestlothian.co.uk/gallery.html

They all have double barrel names (which I would think unusual in West Lothian) and by coincidence they all have surnames which are all places in West Lothian.

A few are quite tasty. :wink:

Quite a few aren't.

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm sure every journalist likes to balance a story, so for the record - Helen Martin is, and always has been, a munter. (Will this do)?

wearethehibs
26-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Well out of that list theres only 1 Id probably say no to. That probably says more about me than anything else.

Thecat23
26-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Is this actually real? Not being funny but out of them only 2 I'd say are nice looking. Not saying who but one of them looks more like a stunt man's knee than a "beauty". I wouldn't ride that lot into battle.

Thecat23
26-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Well out of that list theres only 1 Id probably say no to. That probably says more about me than anything else.

:faf:

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Is this actually real? Not being funny but out of them only 2 I'd say are nice looking. Not saying who but one of them looks more like a stunt man's knee than a "beauty". I wouldn't ride that lot into battle.

Absolutely spot on.

Surprised the organisers didn't ask us to do a poll to find the winner.

Eh now that's a thought. :wink:

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 02:36 PM

You should have gone to Specsavers.

Thecat23
26-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Surprised the organisers didn't ask us to do a poll to find the winner.

Eh now that's a thought. :wink:

I'm in my office and it's filled with rotter's that would stroll that comp. I don't want to offend anyone taking part but JEEZO. Won't be hard to pick a winner. The rest can go back on Jeremy Kyle for their fame.

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm in my office and it's filled with rotter's that would stroll that comp. I don't want to offend anyone taking part but JEEZO. Won't be hard to pick a winner. The rest can go back on Jeremy Kyle for their fame.

:faf: :faf:

Hibercelona
26-11-2012, 02:49 PM

For once in the history of that joke of a site..... they actually make a valid point.

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 03:00 PM
This has got to be the equivalent of those folk who audition for X-Factor and can't sing a note. Someone has obviously egged them on by saying how beautiful they are and they've believed them.

Let me be the first to say that I'm out.

Thecat23
26-11-2012, 03:09 PM
This has got to be the equivalent of those folk who audition for X-Factor and can't sing a note. Someone has obviously egged them on by saying how beautiful they are and they've believed them.

Let me be the first to say that I'm out.

Haha exactly!!

lyonhibs
26-11-2012, 03:40 PM
There are some absolute horror shows in there, but there are a fair few that - if you'd have a few admittedly - if they started giving you the eye in a club and weren't dressed like Stevie Wonder and Peter Stringfellow were their personal shoppers, you would quite probably give them a whirl.

Anyone saying otherwise - taking into account the above caveats and assuming they didn't talk very much as the West Lothian accent is the vocal equivalent of Maggie Thatcher naked on a cold day - is a liar IMO.

1two
26-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Call me pondlife, but the posters on JKB have a point

wearethehibs
26-11-2012, 04:00 PM
There are some absolute horror shows in there, but there are a fair few that - if you'd have a few admittedly - if they started giving you the eye in a club and weren't dressed like Stevie Wonder and Peter Stringfellow were their personal shoppers, you would quite probably give them a whirl.

Anyone saying otherwise - taking into account the above caveats and assuming they didn't talk very much as the West Lothian accent is the vocal equivalent of Maggie Thatcher naked on a cold day - is a liar IMO.

Im still sticking with my earlier statement lol

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Well out of that list theres only 1 Id probably say no to. That probably says more about me than anything else.Is it No.14? She was ma favoirite :drool:

Gatecrasher
26-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Listen to all the oil paintings on here, fwiw this competition has been going on for years and its just an excuse for the lasses to get dolled up for the night and get a laugh. I know a few lasses who entered a few years back. Fair play to them I say, it must take guts for a lass to do something like that.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Fair play to them for having a go, nice to see some real lived in faces rather than the usual tango'd plastered effect.

frazeHFC
26-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Judge for yourself. :wink:

http://www.misswestlothian.co.uk/gallery.html

They all have double barrel names (which I would think unusual in West Lothian) and by coincidence they all have surnames which are all places in West Lothian.

A few are quite tasty. :wink:

Quite a few aren't.

Can say that again!

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Listen to all the oil paintings on here, fwiw this competition has been going on for years and its just an excuse for the lasses to get dolled up for the night and get a laugh. I know a few lasses who entered a few years back. Fair play to them I say, it must take guts for a lass to do something like that.

That's guaranteed. Don't think anyone on here is saying that they are an oil painting but when you enter a beauty contest there is a clue in the title.

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Fair play to them for having a go, nice to see some real lived in faces rather than the usual tango'd plastered effect.Aye, there's a few that definitely look like they've been lived in but by what? :greengrin

SRHibs
26-11-2012, 09:26 PM
You are a bunch of horrible *****, seriously. I've raised this point before, but why is it deemed OK to insult and dehumanise people based on their aesthetics, yet most of you would get your panties in a twist over homophobia or racism?

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 09:37 PM
listen tae all the george cloonies oan here eh :rolleyes:

p.s. can i just add that i am in no way whatsoever attracted tae george ****** cloonie :grr: but his name normally crops up in groups of wummin :wink::greengrin

p.p.s. just had a squint at that link, there's about 20 nice looking young lassies imo :confused: others not so pretty, maybe their personalities shine through :agree:

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Can say that again!

Quite a few aren't. :greengrin

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 09:42 PM
listen tae all the george cloonies oan here eh :rolleyes:
I'm nae George Clooney but then I've never entered a beauty contest though :wink: Being a touch :greengrin over weight and a bit thin on top I wouldnae bother. Sorry but if haggered & paggered are going tae enter beauty contests then they'll surely expect some flack.

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm nae George Clooney but then I've never entered a beauty contest though :wink: Being a touch :greengrin over weight and a bit thin on top I wouldnae bother. Sorry but if haggered & paggered are going tae enter beauty contests then they'll surely expect some flack.

i believe personality actually enters the thoughts of some judges in beauty contests nowadays jamie :agree: maybe it's an age thing for me :greengrin been there seen it done it etc etc etc personality/humour is a must :agree:

along wae nice legs :whistle:

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 09:57 PM
i believe personality actually enters the thoughts of some judges in beauty contests nowadays jamie :agree: maybe it's an age thing for me :greengrin been there seen it done it etc etc etc personality/humour is a must :agree:

along wae nice legs :whistle:Tae be fair mate there's a couple that werenae bad (and a few mair that wouldnae look too bad efter a few mair whiskies :greengrin ). I'm just stirring it a bit now TBH :stirrer: :greengrin

Personally I've never understood why people get upset at being called what they are, if people called my fatty or baldy I wouldnae lose any sleep over it, I am. Thicker skins required by some folk.

HH81
26-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Tae be fair mate there's a couple that werenae bad (and a few mair that wouldnae look too bad efter a few mair whiskies :greengrin ). I'm just stirring it a bit now TBH :stirrer: :greengrin

Personally I've never understood why people get upset at being called what they are, if people called my fatty or baldy I wouldnae lose any sleep over it, I am. Thicker skins required by some folk.

Bully.

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Bully.:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Tae be fair mate there's a couple that werenae bad (and a few mair that wouldnae look too bad efter a few mair whiskies :greengrin ). I'm just stirring it a bit now TBH :stirrer: :greengrin

:stirrer: tiz allowed J :cb

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 10:13 PM
:stirrer: tiz allowed J :cbthere's still a good few though that 4 bottles of whisky wouldnae dae anything for in my eyes.

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 10:29 PM
there's still a good few though that 4 bottles of whisky wouldnae dae anything for in my eyes.

after further scrutiny(for investigative purposes) there's 20 nice...and 20 with nice personalities :greengrin

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 10:33 PM
after further scrutiny(for investigative purposes) there's 20 nice...and 20 with nice personalities :greengrin:greengrin

Jack
26-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Good on them for supporting a good cause.

Adonis

Pete
27-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I think most of them are quite nice. There's about five dodgy ones and one in particular who isn't really doing it for me.

Maybe she has cracking chat or a nice body?

Sean1875
27-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Hayley Galloway would get ploughed :aok:

iwasthere1972
27-11-2012, 01:48 AM
It was announced a couple of days ago that the favourite for the prestigious title of Miss West Lothian had to withdraw from the contest due to a prior engagement. Speaking from her home in Blackburn, West Lothian, Miss S Boyle said that she was bitterly disappointed that she had to withdraw but wished all the girls the best of luck. She then swang her hip, raised both thumbs and shouted fandabbydosy.

Peevemor
27-11-2012, 01:56 AM
I think most of them are quite nice. There's about five dodgy ones and one in particular who isn't really doing it for me.

Maybe she has cracking chat or a nice body?

Which is French for pussy. :faf:

Pretty Boy
27-11-2012, 10:38 AM
A few of them are no bad imo.

Couple of 10 pinters as well right enough.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Helen Martin will be able to show her faux moral outrage again in this weeks column. Some quality posts on here though! :-)

Onceinawhile
27-11-2012, 09:36 PM
How come some of the MISS west Lothian contestants have husbands?

Before I read this thread I just assumed that this was visit Scotland's byline.

Visit Scotland: miss west Lothian.

Hibrandenburg
28-11-2012, 10:53 PM

Won't they get sent to Kaunas for that sort of behaviour? :wink:

JohnStephens91
02-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Some look like they've been hit with Homer's make up gun, others look like they are leading a quest with Bilbo Baggins. A few would be ravaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZbsn-u_dM

essexhibee
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Galloway lassie and young Ola would do :aok:

The McCrae though. :faf: Thats gotta be a joke surely is that really the best W.Lothian has to offer?