PDA

View Full Version : Pure gym

bobbyhibs1983
19-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Ok folks.Im looking at joining the pure gym (west) and was wondering if anyone had used this one,and or the other one in ocean termanal ?
was it easy to join/cancel online?
what is the gym like?

any pros-cons and advice most welcomed

jw1410
19-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm a member over at Quartermile, very easy to sign up (might be a week long waiting period before your membership becomes active), easy to cancel and they offer a freeze on your membership if you can't find the time to make it up there enough/going on holiday etc. Which is a lot cheaper than cancelling and signing up again.

In my experience its one of the better gyms I've used, always clean, well maintained equipment, only thing that irks me is it can get awful busy, and the tunes are *****, but thats not a huge deal.

Well worth it I'd say. :top marks

Pretty Boy
19-11-2012, 09:56 AM
For the price you pay It's good value.

However as said above it can get very, very busy. I've started going after I come off back shift at about 11pm and that's the only time I've seen it quiet. I used to go at about 7 in the morning and even then.it was busy.

If your looking to do a lot of free weight work it might also be better to look elsewhere. That area is always mobbed and, imo, the equipment isn't brilliant.

Don't mean to sound so negative as there are plenty pros as well. 24 hour access, a lot of good equipment and when compared to some gyms It's very cheap as well.

Ritchie
19-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Good gym but can be too busy at times - all depends on what you'll be doing at the gym of course. if it's cardio then you'll never be stuck for machines to use but if its free weights and you go at certain times, you can end up waiting for free benches.

i've just joined the new one at Waverley Gate (bottom of waterloo place) for £10.99 a month.... identical to pure gym but closer to my work so i go in the morning when its not busy.

bobbyhibs1983
19-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Ok thank you so far for the replies and pretty boy, please dont worry bout being negitive, i always want a balanced view.I guess being a morning person i would be looking to go in the mornings but i could as easily go after 10pm also.
Again thank youall again for feedback.