PDA

View Full Version : Matt Thornhill

LancashireHibby
16-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Bit of a step down.... (http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/bucks-lifeline-for-hibs-star-11609/)

Spike Mandela
16-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Bit of a step down.... (http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/bucks-lifeline-for-hibs-star-11609/)

Is the Martin McIntosh mentioned the former Hibs player?

frazeHFC
16-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Hibs star? :dunno:

Thought he looked a decent player at first, hope he does well and works his way back up again.

LancashireHibby
16-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes it is.

lyonhibs

He wasn't great - his miss in the 1-0 defeat at Tynecastle was particularly galling - but he was significantly better than the Prit-stick and Pencil Sharpener League North.

Pretty Boy
To think he didn't want to come to the SPL because he thought it was beneath him.

In fairness always thought there was a player in there but he kept it well hidden when he was here.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-11-2012, 01:45 PM

Yes it is.

YUP, and did we really pay 250k for his services back then??

He made over 100 appearances for Stockport before a £250,000 transfer took him back to Scotland with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian in February 2000.[1] Injury and competition for places restricted his opportunities at Hibernian to 18 appearances and he joined Rotherham United on a three-month loan in August 2001.[2

Stevie Reid
16-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Yep, and is for some reason is remembered as being a huddy by some posters on here, when that was never the case. Got sent off against Hearts at Tynie on the last game of the season and never got back in after his suspension. We sold him too soon IMO.

LancashireHibby
16-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Just shy of £14,000 a game. Crikey.

Hibby Bairn
16-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought he was gash (alongside many others of that "era) and the Bostik Superglue Loctite North West Qualifying Wednesday Evening League is about right.

Hopefully he'll be the glue to hold their midfield together and help with dressing room bonding. :aok:

DaveF
16-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep, and is for some reason is remembered as being a huddy by some posters on here, when that was never the case. Got sent off against Hearts at Tynie on the last game of the season and never got back in after his suspension. We sold him too soon IMO.

Each to their own I suppose, but the guy hardly did anything positive for Hibs at all IIRC? I thought (hoped) he could be an asset to us but his best efforts were confined to the treatment table. And maybe a pre season friendly against East Fife.

JimBHibees
16-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Each to their own I suppose, but the guy hardly did anything positive for Hibs at all IIRC? I thought (hoped) he could be an asset to us but his best efforts were confined to the treatment table. And maybe a pre season friendly against East Fife.

Cant disagree did he do anything meaningful for Hibs in any way. Much like the manager that brought him in.

Hiber-nation
16-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Think Steve is speaking about McIntosh as it confused me too!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Fairly dissappointing " former player", thread so far. No self harming, no claims that " he could have done a job for us given time", no in-fighting about not backing our own players.
A we saving it all up for tomorrow when Colin Nish plays for Dundee against us?

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Paul Fenwick came in on the left side of a back 3 with Sauzee and Gary Smith at the start of the next season and played really well so McIntosh never got a look in after that. Definitely no huddy compared to some of the rubbish that's played CH for Hibs e.g. Murdoch and O'Hanlon to name two.

As for Thornhill, The sticky glue league may be too fast paced for him.

DaveF
16-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Ahh, so he is :greengrin

ShanksSaidNo
16-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Where did you get that info from? The bit you attached talked about 2000 and 2001 - you maybe thinkin of the wrong player?

Stevie Reid
16-11-2012, 03:27 PM

:aok:

GreenPJ
16-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Has he been on our books until now?

Stevie Reid
16-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Has he been on our books until now?

Released in January.

tamig
16-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Where did you get that info from? The bit you attached talked about 2000 and 2001 - you maybe thinkin of the wrong player?

McIntosh not Thornhill.

Prof. Shaggy
16-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Released in January.

What? macIntosh was released in January?

Kato
16-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Paul Fenwick came in on the left side of a back 3 with Sauzee and Gary Smith at the start of the next season and played really well so McIntosh never got a look in after that. Definitely no huddy compared to some of the rubbish that's played CH for Hibs e.g. Murdoch and O'Hanlon to name two.

As for Thornhill, The sticky glue league may be too fast paced for him.

McLeish said his intended back three was Fenwick, McIntosh and Smith with Sauzee in midfield.

McIntosh was injured before a derby game and Sauzee filled in and ended up retaining that position.

Diclonius
16-11-2012, 09:15 PM
He wasn't great - his miss in the 1-0 defeat at Tynecastle was particularly galling - but he was significantly better than the Prit-stick and Pencil Sharpener League North.

2-0 loss.

I remember it well, was right after they scored their first, I punched the advertising board below me and had a bruise for about a week after.

KWJ
16-11-2012, 10:00 PM
McIntosh was fighting with Sean Dennis when he arrived to partner Yogi at the back. Both had injuries while Dennis played more games but MM was picked for the Aberdeen semi that was the beginning of the end for both of them.

Pretty sure I saw MM score at Ochilview when we beat Stenhousemuir in the cup.