PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights v Dundee Utd

AugustaHibs
11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
i was at the game but granny is really excited to see them, anyone got any? :flag::flag:

Billy Whizz
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
i was at the game but granny is really excited to see them, anyone got any? :flag::flag:

Sportscene is on at 10.25pm on BBC1

AugustaHibs
11-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Sportscene is on at 10.25pm on BBC1

cheers mate. GGTTH

WestEndHibee
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20291876#asset

:flag::pfgwa:flag::hibees:flag:

Mango Man
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
When does the youtube highlights go up?

hibbytam
12-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Really odd collection of highlights on the bbc website. No Doyle offside goal, which I wanted to see again because I was up the other end and couldn't see if it was offside or not. No passback freekick at the start, which would have been interesting to see how close the united players actually got to the ball before it was struck. I made it about 3 yards at the most. There were some chances towards the end of the game that I felt were more worthy of selection.

Just thought highlights were supposed to be the 'best bits' of the game. That wasn't...

EdinMike
12-11-2012, 02:41 AM
No assault on Jorge either, thought it was a straight red when I first glanced at it. Would have liked to have seen it again.

KWJ
12-11-2012, 03:26 AM
What a first goal that is. 2nd's no bad but the football in the first is sensational.

I'm_cabbaged
12-11-2012, 04:33 AM
What a first goal that is. 2nd's no bad but the football in the first is sensational.

Pity they didn't show the moves from start to finish.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-11-2012, 05:06 AM
It's the same every week.

The BBC highlights are a poor account which never seems to show either team fairly.

They also do a great job of keeping away from the controversial talking points.

Offside goals, off the ball incidents and other such things that make a post match pint so entertaining

We discuss and then you want to see who was right

BBC seem to miss the point of this entirely

IWasThere2016
12-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Really odd collection of highlights on the bbc website. No Doyle offside goal, which I wanted to see again because I was up the other end and couldn't see if it was offside or not. No passback freekick at the start, which would have been interesting to see how close the united players actually got to the ball before it was struck. I made it about 3 yards at the most. There were some chances towards the end of the game that I felt were more worthy of selection.

Just thought highlights were supposed to be the 'best bits' of the game. That wasn't...

Doyle was a yard off.

IWasThere2016
12-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Just counted the Doyle goal has 11 men in possesion involved from RB. Spoon, Claros, Spoon, Lewis, Leigh, Cairney, Doyle, Lewis, Taiwo, Cairney and Doyle - and two zip!

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2012, 06:11 AM
When does the youtube highlights go up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuLiqJp0Ho&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=2&feature=plcp

hibsbollah
12-11-2012, 06:55 AM
The youtube highlights show the Skacel 'butt' and the Ivan intervention.

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/splofficial?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fsplofficial&gl=GB

Nice to see our players sticking up for each other...but Rumours of Pacquoi-Merriweather in the tunnel were obviously Chinese whispers...

The_Sauz
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
First time I have seen the incident with Claros & Him!
Can the SFA do something about it?

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Ridiculous coverage again last night - especially disappointed that they chose not to show what looked to me like a forearm smash by Flood on Claros. Should have been a straight red IMO - obviously a talking point either way, should have been covered.

clerriehibs
12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
It turned into a love-in for rat-face. Pathetic.

Boyle89
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Hello all :). New to here but Im not new to the farce that is the bbc 'highlights'. It seems as if every game I go to the bbc will miss out a key incident, whether its a debateable booking or a decent chance and yesterdays game is no different. There was no flood incident, no skacel incident at the end and most annoyingly no sproule chance! I know we were under the cosh towards the end of the game but it made it look worse then it was and as if we didnt have the ball at all. Not suprised though as it usually happens....

CropleyWasGod
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Hello all :). New to here but Im not new to the farce that is the bbc 'highlights'. It seems as if every game I go to the bbc will miss out a key incident, whether its a debateable booking or a decent chance and yesterdays game is no different. There was no flood incident, no skacel incident at the end and most annoyingly no sproule chance! I know we were under the cosh towards the end of the game but it made it look worse then it was and as if we didnt have the ball at all. Not suprised though as it usually happens....

... all of which begs the question, is that the same for every game? In other words, are we as viewers not getting the full story from all the games?

Golden Bear
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
... all of which begs the question, is that the same for every game? In other words, are we as viewers not getting the full story from all the games?

I honestly think that their approach to the "edited" highlights changed last season when they were accused of being selective and some Players were suspended purely on the strength of TV coverage (Griffiths being a good example)

This season they seem to gloss over contentious incidents and as long as they are consistent with that approach then I can live with it. (although last week I'm sure they could have proved that Goodwin deserved his red card if they really wanted to)

matty_f
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I thought the highlights were garbage. 4 Hibs chances (Griffiths' free kick to the back post that was just missed by Hanlon, the pass-back free kick, then the 2 goals.) IIRC, that was it, which is nonsense. And to spend the summary talking about a player who was on for 10 minutes was bollocks as well.

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
If there was a story yesterday it was that Hibs were top of the league at this stage of the season so soon after the cup final and the 3-0 defeat on the opening day - Skacel and Dundee Utd being reference points for those. But no, as others have mentioned, they just tubed up Skacel and his shirt number choice, didn't even deride him for his actions with Claros.

I also ask myself whether they would have been so subdued about a non OF team being top at this stage of the season had it been Hearts instead of us - I would suggest that there would have been much more fanfare for the Yams.

Regardless, I'm happy for us just to get on with doing what we're doing. **** Hearts, **** Dundee Utd, **** Skacel and **** the BBC.

Haymaker
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
What a finish by Super Leigh! :thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
What a finish by Super Leigh! :thumbsup:

Yep, fantastic strike, so was the cross by Doyle, real quality, however, for me the pass from Cairney to Doyle was inspirational, all in all, a truly great move and goal involving 3 of our best attack-minded players. last season we wouldn't have had the confidence to attempt this move.