PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my Mira 9kw shower

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
It looks like my shower is done so I'm going to purchase like for like or as near as the newer model will be and replace myself. I haven't looked inside the old one yet and was wondering about the cold water supply. Will the fitting be just be a push on fitting and easy to do or require some plumbing skills? I'm pretty competent so have no fears about wiring it like for like but just wonder if the water connection will be as easy?

MSK
07-11-2012, 05:44 AM
It looks like my shower is done so I'm going to purchase like for like or as near as the newer model will be and replace myself. I haven't looked inside the old one yet and was wondering about the cold water supply. Will the fitting be just be a push on fitting and easy to do or require some plumbing skills? I'm pretty competent so have no fears about wiring it like for like but just wonder if the water connection will be as easy?Once you have isolated your current one you will get a better idea when the front panel is removed ...I done similar for a relative a while back & iirc I cut off the water, unscrewed a nut/olive connection & simply re-connected ...suppose it could also depend on age of your shower, could be a flexi pipe push fitting or a copper pipe connection..:agree: