PDA

View Full Version : bikes

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
my nephew has a birthday at the end of the month and i said i would buy him a bike, now it has started world war 3, so to win a family argument my question is

what colour bike is the fastest? i say black!!

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2012, 07:02 PM
my nephew has a birthday at the end of the month and i said i would buy him a bike, now it has started world war 3, so to win a family argument my question is

what colour bike is the fastest? i say black!!

As long a you get "Go Faster" Black you'll have no problem, both light black and dark black are considerably slower!

HibeeN
06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
As long a you get "Go Faster" Black you'll have no problem, both light black and dark black are considerably slower!

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have gone for red?

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have gone for red?

are you out of your mind? Scouse agrees black is the fastest!!

when have you ever seen a red bike beat a black one?

HibeeN
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
are you out of your mind? Scouse agrees black is the fastest!!

when have you ever seen a red bike beat a black one?

Might depend on the conditions. I've heard that red bikes are faster in a prevailing north-westerly wind.

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Might depend on the conditions. I've heard that red bikes are faster in a prevailing north-westerly wind.

now you have added a new dimension to the argument, i might need to get professional weather advice, black with red spots is winning just now

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Now you're just being silly by suggesting that wind could alter the speed of a slow red bike.

HibeeN
06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
now you have added a new dimension to the argument, i might need to get professional weather advice, black with red spots is winning just now

Maybe Hibsbollah can help re: weather, he seems knowledgeable going by the matchday threads

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
see Scouse seems to know his bikes but HibeeN has thrown a total curve ball, does get quite windy about here

hibsbollah
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Maybe Hibsbollah can help re: weather, he seems knowledgeable going by the matchday threads

A headwind can significantly affect the speed, you're quite right. A bitter nor'westerly can slow up a silver bike, which in my opinion is by far the fastest colour.

How do yous lot feel about 'backies'? :dunno:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
A headwind can significantly affect the speed, you're quite right. A bitter nor'westerly can slow up a silver bike, which in my opinion is by far the fastest colour.

Silver is an ok selection but the tires don't really make a motorbike sound when you put a ice lolly stick against it, hmm decisions

Just Alf
06-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Now...... If your nephew had a PINK bike and his mates came cycling up behind him you'll soon see that PINK is obviously the fastest there is! (even in the wind!) .......

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Eh lad a "backie" called a "takey" when I was a snotty nosed scouser bombing around on me chopper. :greengrin

hibsbollah
06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Now...... If your nephew had a PINK bike and his mates came cycling up behind him you'll soon see that PINK is obviously the fastest there is! (even in the wind!) .......

My daughter has a pink bike and it's slow as anything. :confused: Even taking the stabilisers off didn't help

hibsbollah
06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Silver is an ok selection but the tires don't really make a motorbike sound when you put a ice lolly stick against it, hmm decisions

Playing cards on the spokes were better than lolly sticks.

hibsbollah
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Eh lad a "backie" called a "takey" when I was a snotty nosed scouser bombing around on me chopper. :greengrin

Why was it a 'takey':confused:

Was it because Being a Scouser did you take the bike without asking? :greengrin

:greengrin

:tumble:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Playing cards on the spokes were better than lolly sticks.

spokey dokies were better than them all!!

hibsbollah
06-11-2012, 09:08 PM
spokey dokies were better than them all!!

Just :grr:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Just :grr:

Fergus told me and he once worked in a bike factory in Ulan Bator!!

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Why was it a 'takey':confused:

Was it because Being a Scouser did you take the bike without asking? :greengrin

:greengrin

:tumble:

Because you took:greengrin your mates somewhere on the back of your bike, "gis a takey down to the shops lad"........... take me to the shop.............the taking without asking happened in the shop :wink:

hibsbollah
07-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Because you took:greengrin your mates somewhere on the back of your bike, "gis a takey down to the shops lad"........... take me to the shop.............the taking without asking happened in the shop :wink:

:hilarious:

Bradley Wiggins had a yellow bike when he won the tour according to google images. just thought idthrow that out there...

Hibee87
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
The fastest bike is blue, has blue tyres and must say BMX with a velcro bit in the middle of the frame and handlebars! Add in a box of kellogs corn flakes bike cards and your whizzing away :wink:

p.s on a side not I walked past cash converters the other day and caught my eye was a couple of illuminours bikes, althought the were proper speed bikes and not for you nephew they lime green one did look quality