PDA

View Full Version : McGlynn Comments

green glory
26-10-2012, 10:42 AM
@markbenstead: #hearts John McGlynn defended Romanov record at club today - 2 Scottish cup wins in 6 years - some can't get 1 in 111 years... Ouch

McGlynn is a fanny-man. Looking forward to your inevitable sacking in a few months.

Chuck Rhoades
26-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Cannot wait till these ***** go bust.

matty_f
26-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Hibs Scottish Cup record means infinitely more to the Yams than it does us. Did anyone ask him what the sex offender count was under Romanov? Welt.

Cabbage East
26-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Hibs Scottish Cup record means infinitely more to the Yams than it does us. Did anyone ask him what the sex offender count was under Romanov? Welt.

I make it 3 confirmed paedos and several suspected nonces?

Kenny1875
26-10-2012, 10:49 AM
What a fat gimp. He's just done ths coz he knows the Hearts fans hate him so wants to get the on his side. Ugly freak.

green glory
26-10-2012, 10:53 AM
What a fat gimp. He's just done ths coz he knows the Hearts fans hate him so wants to get the on his side. Ugly freak.

Correct. Just playing to the ****bo gallery. I wonder if he had time to wipe Vlad's 'stovies' from his chin before he gave that interview.

Part/Time Supporter
26-10-2012, 10:57 AM
How many trophies has McGlynn won in his illustrious career?

Just asking, likesay.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Who?

johnrebus
26-10-2012, 11:01 AM
If the Hibs support were asked to come up with an identi-kit Hearts manager, then the result would be........., John McGlynn.

No style, no class, no dress sense, fat, ugly,bald, subservient and unintelligible.

And hopeless as a football manager.

Have I missed anything?

:dunno:

GreenOnions
26-10-2012, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=green glory;3389756]@markbenstead: #hearts John McGlynn defended Romanov record at club today - 2 Scottish cup wins in 6 years - some can't get 1 in 111 years... Ouch

McGlynn is a fanny-man. Looking forward to your inevitable sacking in a few mont⁳⁡慦湮⵹慭⹮†潌歯湩⁧潦They've won the same pathetic number of trophies as us over the last fifty years. If Ukio loans and debt for equity swaps are included then those two cups have cost £50 million of money that Hearts haven't earned and have no chance of ever repaying. I think any Scottish club with that level of funding over and above their earnings should be winning at least two trophies. These two cups were simply bought rather than won.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2012, 11:09 AM
@markbenstead: #hearts John McGlynn defended Romanov record at club today - 2 Scottish cup wins in 6 years - some can't get 1 in 111 years... Ouch

McGlynn is a fanny-man. Looking forward to your inevitable sacking in a few months.

Aye, he's feeling the heat. Distraction - the last resort, will probably keep quite a few away fron the real issue for a wee while yet - Tick Tock.

Meantime lets not underestimate the size of this managerial genius's achievements at Raith where he had them dancing in the streets of Raith. Anyone would think he wasn't a multiple cup winner himself.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Seems he is now a **** comedian as well as a **** manager

RoYO!
26-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I remember gaining a bit of comfort on the road back from Hamden on that day and have since responded with this to many hearts fans...

With all that's said and done, SC wins, splitting old firm,decent league performances, would I rather Romanov had taken over hibs.... Well you know the answer!

#FromTheCapital
26-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Sounds like he's bitter about something.

Not much to brag about really, winning 2 cups in 6 years with squads that they would not have been able to dream about if it wasnt for a lithuanian crook who will now ensure that they die a slow painful death. I'd rather win the cup on our own merit instead of simply buying it

GreenOnions
26-10-2012, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=green glory;3389756]@markbenstead: #hearts John McGlynn defended Romanov record at club today - 2 Scottish cup wins in 6 years - some can't get 1 in 111 years... Ouch

McGlynn is a fanny-man. Looking forward to your inevitable sacking in a few mont⁳⁡慦湮⵹慭⹮†潌歯湩⁧潦They've won the same pathetic number of trophies as us over the last fifty years. If Ukio loans and debt for equity swaps are included then those two cups have cost £50 million of money that Hearts haven't earned and have no chance of ever repaying. I think any Scottish club with that level of funding over and above their earnings should be winning at least two trophies. These two cups were simply bought rather than won.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2012, 11:32 AM
McGlynn = truly hearts class

matty_f
26-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Only marginally more intelligent than his usual 'want that one' comment.

Heisenberg
26-10-2012, 11:37 AM
At least he's not resorting to taking bitter swipes at us whilst he watches his club go down the pan :rolleyes: We'll hopefully shut his fat gob up in the New Years derby.

poolman
26-10-2012, 11:42 AM

:not worth That's a beauty Matty

Elephant Stone
26-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Hope this buys him some more time. Amateur manager at a deteriorating club.

.Sean.
26-10-2012, 11:47 AM
If the Hibs support were asked to come up with an identi-kit Hearts manager, then the result would be........., John McGlynn.

No style, no class, no dress sense, fat, ugly,bald, subservient and unintelligible.

Have I missed anything?

Aye. He's a ****. With a capital C.

poolman
26-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Wonder what his twin brother has to say

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zoudty.jpg

Stevie Reid
26-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Worth noting as well that we won a national cup final 5-1 during Mr Romanov's tenure, hammering a team that finished above us in the league in the final, and beating Hearts in the quarter final on our way there. The League Cup of course contains all of the same teams as the Scottish, minus the diddy non league teams (such as the one who had a last minute equaliser wrongly chopped off at Tynecastle in the 4th round this year).

IIRC, the only players in our squad that cost money on that glorious day at Hampden were Sproule (5K) and Zemmama (100K). We won our trophy when we were working our way out of millions of pounds worth of debt. Much bigger achievement than hammering a team (with a fraction of the wage bill) that only escaped relegation on the second last game, with the assistance of the most biased referee imaginable.

english_hibee
26-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else shocked by such blatent unprofessionalism? What a thing for a manager of a football club to come out and say! Althoguh given the way the club is run, anything other than unprofessional would be more of a shockl I guess....

NOLA
26-10-2012, 12:22 PM

they cant afford to sack him in a few months :greengrin

allezsauzee
26-10-2012, 12:28 PM
The boys a walloper and no worth getting wound up over. He'll be back in his rightful position of managing a lower division team soon enough regardless of whether he gets punted from the PBS or not.

Golden Bear
26-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else shocked by such blatent unprofessionalism? What a thing for a manager of a football club to come out and say! Althoguh given the way the club is run, anything other than unprofessional would be more of a shockl I guess....

I'm not shocked in the slightest.

It's exactly the type of comment we've come to expect from a tawdry pathetic club which is owned by an eccentric maniac and Managed by an insecure gibbering gerbil who knows that he's next in line for the executioner.

Biggie
26-10-2012, 12:31 PM
That's unbelievable...I would expect a comment from hibs stating it best for clubs to concentrate on their own clubs activities etc...where would we be if Rodders came out with "we manage our finances well, unlike a certain div 3 club" or "we are comfortable with our heritage without wearing the triclour on our tracksuit collars"....aye lets all start having sly digs at each other....the sooner they go bust the better

bingo70
26-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Should the club respond to this?

There's a lot to be said for having a dignified silence but wonder if this falls into the sticking up for ourselves category?

A bit of a rant about there blatant over spending and a complaint to the SPL about him might not be the worst idea here.

Hibs7
26-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Once a turd always a turd, he will be flushed away just like his $h1ty maroon team.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2012, 12:36 PM

There's a lot to be said for having a dignified silence but wonder if this falls into the sticking up for ourselves category?

A bit of a rant about there blatant over spending and a complaint to the SPL about him might not be the worst idea here.

Behave.

Treadstone
26-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Vlad : "yer sacked"
McGlynn : "what aboot that time I slagged Hibs about the Scottish Cup"
Vlad : "What about it ? "

wazoo1875
26-10-2012, 12:38 PM
The sad thing is that I doubt even Levein or Jimbo Jeff would ever say anything like this to the press. The badly fat bus driver is simply pandering to the stinking pink fuds !!

Never will I enjoy a Derby victory more than the one that's coming soon.

GGTTH and GIRFUY Ya fat yam tramp

marinello59
26-10-2012, 12:41 PM

It's best ignored. The remark wasn't intended for us, it's for the benefit of the maroon hordes who are turning against him.

The_Sauz
26-10-2012, 12:42 PM
@markbenstead: #hearts John McGlynn defended Romanov record at club today - 2 Scottish cup wins bought in 6 years - some can't get 1 in 111 years... Ouch

Fixed it for you :greengrin

bingo70
26-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Behave.

What did I say that suggested I was misbehaving????

The club has been at pains to stress how its got a new attitude now and will stick up for itself, we've just had another manager blatantly take the piss out of us so I think there is an argument to say we should respond.

Golden Bear
26-10-2012, 12:44 PM
The sad thing is that I doubt even Levein or Jimbo Jeff would ever say anything like this to the press. The badly fat bus driver is simply pandering to the stinking pink fuds !!

Never will I enjoy a Derby victory more than the one that's coming soon.

GGTTH and GIRFUY Ya fat yam tramp

:agree:

That's exactly what he's doing.

It's akin to Charles Green's attempts at gaining favouritism with the bigoted masses that blindly follow Sevco FC.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-10-2012, 12:45 PM
He's scared. The end.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2012, 12:47 PM
What did I say that suggested I was misbehaving????

The club has been at pains to stress how its got a new attitude now and will stick up for itself, we've just had another manager blatantly take the piss out of us so I think there is an argument to say we should respond.

The only way this comment would be seen to have taken the piss out of anyone would be if the club did make a statement about it. At the moment he looks like a slavering, desperate amateur who's clinging on for dear life and trying to get stir some popularity amongst their support and with the club who would have sacked him if they had two beans to rub together. If Hibs actually took the time to make a statement about something as petty as this it would be utterly embarrassing and unnecessary.

Golden Bear
26-10-2012, 12:49 PM
The only way this comment would be seen to have taken the piss out of anyone would be if the club did make a statement about it. At the moment he looks like a slavering, desperate amateur who's clinging on for dear life and trying to get stir some popularity amongst their support and with the club who would have sacked him if they had two beans to rub together. If Hibs actually took the time to make a statement about something as petty as this it would be utterly embarrassing and unnecessary.

We'll do our talking on the park. (hopefully)

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 12:49 PM
He's scared. The end.

not half as scared as the mirrors in his house (that his working wife we're doing awright looks after)

JimBHibees
26-10-2012, 12:55 PM

No IMO, the non-entity has made an erse of himself and himself alone and any sane person reading the quote will realise that. Hibs shouldnt dignify that nonsense with any response.

english_hibee
26-10-2012, 12:56 PM

No, I dont think the club should. It'd be lowering ourselves to their level. Keep a dignified silence and do our talking on the pitch. I'm actually quite embarrassed for him tbh, its a cringeworthy attempt at saving his own skin!

hibsmad
26-10-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm not shocked but you are 100% spot on, it is completely unprofessional.

Seriously can you image someone like Sir Alex Ferguson making a similar type comment about Liverpool?

It is things like this that make Hearts look like a small, petty, insignificant club. Their fans though are too thick to understand this and will always continue to believe they are a "big" club.

Spike Mandela
26-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Deflection, nothing more nothing less. Takes the heat of him and his benefactor.

truehibernian
26-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm not shocked but you are 100% spot on, it is completely unprofessional.

Seriously can you image someone like Sir Alex Ferguson making a similar type comment about Liverpool?

It is things like this that make Hearts look like a small, petty, insignificant club. Their fans though are too thick to understand this and will always continue to believe they are a "big" club.

Yes - and he has over the years albeit in a more underhand way. Same with his veiled criticism of Wenger over the years (despite there clearly being a real respect between the two) . The big difference though - SAF has won every cup there is to win and can get away with it.

McGlynn doesn't bother me. Seen him in managerial action and he relies on other coaches and looks like he doesn't have a clue. That suits me fine and I hope Hearts continue to employ him. His comments are banter and nothing more, same as Skacel's number on his shirt.

Best way to clamp them both is beat them both - easy peezy lemon squeezy. :agree:

Jim44
26-10-2012, 02:18 PM
His reference to Hibs cup record is puerile for a person in his position. If Fenlon had made a similar remark about them I would have the same opinion. The important point is his @rse-licking homage to a man who has treated them like dirt and still does. He strikes me as the sort of idiot who blurts out the first thing that comes into his head.

edinburghhibee
26-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Best thing we can do about this and many others from these inbred pricks is on the 3rd of January 2013 get every remark or newspaper article on a wall of our changing room go through them one by one before the game.

Get the boys up for the game and go out and hammer these *****. There finished now, lets give them a good send off.

Sudds_1
26-10-2012, 02:26 PM

nope.......take the silent moral high ground. The merricks would love it if we were publicly seen to have been wound up by that Fanny and would only endear him to them more, lengthening his time in charge............

......wait a minute. :wink: maybe we should complain. :greengrin

Beefster
26-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Whenever a chief Yam is under pressure from the 400,000, he has a cheap dig at Hibs to curry favour. It's the 400,000 that should be up in arms at being played like a fiddle regularly, not us.

hibsmad
26-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes - and he has over the years albeit in a more underhand way. Same with his veiled criticism of Wenger over the years (despite there clearly being a real respect between the two) . The big difference though - SAF has won every cup there is to win and can get away with it.

McGlynn doesn't bother me. Seen him in managerial action and he relies on other coaches and looks like he doesn't have a clue. That suits me fine and I hope Hearts continue to employ him. His comments are banter and nothing more, same as Skacel's number on his shirt.

Best way to clamp them both is beat them both - easy peezy lemon squeezy. :agree:

So he hasn't then :wink:

Ferguson has had plenty to say about other clubs/managers over the years but it is always aimed at taking these other clubs/managers eyes off the prize and therefore benefiting Man Utd. He would never come out and for no reason take the piss out of Liverpool by asking how many titles Liverpool have won over the past twenty years. He has obviously spoken about their record but never as a piss take.

What benefit does McGlynn's comments have for Hearts other than allowing their fans to laugh at us?

The reason they come across as a petty, small club is because no other "big" club would be as obsessed with their city rivals as they are. If they want to be obsessed with beating us then fine - in fact I applaud it - but to be obsessed with laughing at us whenever their club is in the **** is sad.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Let's be honest its just another example of Hearts complete obsession with us. They claim to be the 'big team' but they have to constantly compare themselves to us. The reason? If they tried to compare themselves to the only genuine big team in the SPL they would realise they are on exactly the same level as us, Aberdeen and Dundee United.

McGlynn has used us to try and suck up to the yam hordes, good luck to him, he needs it. The man is an incompetent manager and time will show this, if it hasn't been shown already, if slagging us buys him a fee more weeks then good imo.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Proof ever needed - you can't buy class (in fact Hearts can't buy anything at all!)

hibees 7062
26-10-2012, 03:01 PM
How many trophies has McGlynn won in his illustrious career?

Just asking, likesay.

How many times has he beat Hibs as yams manager , p2 d 1 L1 baldy welt :fenlon

Teuchter Hibbie
26-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Have I missed anything?

:top marks I would also add cheap and uninspiring to that list. Pretty much sums up Hearts as a football club.

Baader
26-10-2012, 04:57 PM
McGlynn should stick to comedy. He has a far better talent for it than he has as a football manager.
The man is useless. Hopefully he stays with the manky mob for a long time.

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 04:59 PM
There wouldn't still be a Hearts without a Hibs.

They thrive off their obsession for us.

basehibby
26-10-2012, 05:47 PM

:rolleyes: spoken like a trully classless Jambo fud - great motivator for the Hibees come the next derby though - I hope Pat is saving up such clippings!

Brizo
26-10-2012, 06:48 PM
No amount of ingratiating himself with the Hibs obsessed merricks will save Uncle Fester when the Great Dictator decides its time for the annual managerial sacking. An illiterate buffoon whose "makeover" only makes him look like a jakey trying to impress the Judge. He truly is Hawrts class.

S.sct
26-10-2012, 07:39 PM

:fenlon yes with this, yam fud....

clerriehibs
26-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Is a yam not a SWEET potato? The lot of them are bitter as about us. Thought we weren't even on their radar? Fuds, the lot of them.

Mon Dieu4
26-10-2012, 07:46 PM
we will have the last laugh when he is on job seekers allowance

The Harp Awakes
26-10-2012, 09:29 PM
An alright bit of banter if you are a fan. Coming from the Manager of their football club though is crass. Can't think of many football managers who would have a go at their rivals like that when he's supposed to be talking about his club. Re-enforces my opinion that hearts seem to be obsessed by us rather than supporting their own club.

Iggy Pope
26-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I remember a guy.......
John Collins his name.

Called the opposition a pub team.

Disnae really matter, how he rates success is up to him. If he wanted to ruffle some feathers then a big score to McGlyn.

Nah. He's either poor at his sums or he's talking about someone else. We have got 1 in 111 years. Every hertz **** knows that.

Jim44
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
The fact of the matter is that Jambos treat the mention of Hibs as a dummy tit or thumb sucking habit. For example,There could be a thread on KB about some problem they are having or at least something unpleasant for them and out of the blue someone will post something like " 5-1 yassssssssssssss!!!" completely unconnected and out of the blue. Then it's back to greetin' and moanin'.:greengrin

Jones28
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
That's hearts class

Hiber-nation
26-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I remember a guy.......
John Collins his name.

Disnae really matter, how he rates success is up to him. If he wanted to ruffle some feathers then a big score to McGlyn.

If he wanted to look even more stupid than usual (which is difficult) then a big score to McGlynn.

Feed McGraw
26-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Even "winning" their tainted trophies can`t stop them being insanely jealous of the Hibs, they always have been and always will be. The Sparryheid ********.

CraigHibee
26-10-2012, 10:30 PM
an amateur manager at an amateur club!

and how many millions did they ***** to win those 2 cups?

you'd think with all the money that romanov allegedly poured into hearts they would be champions of europe, or have a fantastic new stand...oh wait...

no instead, they are teetering on the edge of oblivion and the deluded yams still think this is okay...

it pains me to say this but... i would rather sacrifice a scottish cup win if it saved my team from going millions into debt just to achieve it.... puddle drinking **** the lot of them

Sir David Gray
26-10-2012, 11:26 PM
How sad and pathetic and yet completely unsurprising.

It's the kind of statement that you just expect from that club nowadays.

There's absolutely no way that we should be issuing a statement on the website over this though. I'm all for the club standing up and defending itself when it needs to be done, in circumstances such as the time when Paul McBride accused us on national radio of singing IRA songs or a couple of months ago when Kenny Shiels was basically accusing Paul Cairney of cheating.

This type of nonsense doesn't merit a reaction and the best way to respond would be to ram these comments right up his arse, sideways, by annihilating them on January 3rd.

:giruy:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-10-2012, 11:29 PM
It's best ignored. The remark wasn't intended for us, it's for the benefit of the maroon hordes who are turning against him.

hfc rd
27-10-2012, 12:11 AM
How sad and pathetic and yet completely unsurprising.

It's the kind of statement that you just expect from that club nowadays.

There's absolutely no way that we should be issuing a statement on the website over this though. I'm all for the club standing up and defending itself when it needs to be done, in circumstances such as the time when Paul McBride accused us on national radio of singing IRA songs or a couple of months ago when Kenny Shiels was basically accusing Paul Cairney of cheating.

This type of nonsense doesn't merit a reaction and the best way to respond would be to ram these comments right up his arse, sideways, by annihilating them on January 3rd.

:giruy:

Hit the nail right on the head there.

Hibrandenburg
27-10-2012, 06:55 AM

Just hope that they're keeping that last Scottish Cup polished and nice and shiny. I've a feeling that it will be in our trophy cabinet quite soon.

Sergio sledge
27-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I remember a guy.......
John Collins his name.

IIRC, Collins said that to the players in the dressing room and a journo overheard it and reported it. Totally different. (as long as my memory is correct :wink:)

matty_f
27-10-2012, 07:37 AM
I remember a guy.......
John Collins his name.

First of all, Collins made his comment to his own players and not to the press, unfortunately for him he was overheard.

Secondly, JC has more class in his morning dump than the barely literate Mcglynn has ever had.

Thirdly, Collins has won things as a player and a manager, McGlynn's greatest managerial achievement has been to get his pay on the same month it was due. F*** knows what he won as a player but I'm guessing he's up there with Medals Mackay.

Part/Time Supporter
27-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Just hope that they're keeping that last Scottish Cup polished and nice and shiny. I've a feeling that it will be in our trophy cabinet quite soon.

I just hope they haven't pawned it off.

:greengrin

poolman
27-10-2012, 09:13 AM
First of all, Collins made his comment to his own players and not to the press, unfortunately for him he was overheard.

Secondly, JC has more class in his morning dump than the barely literate Mcglynn has ever had.

Thirdly, Collins has won things as a player and a manager, McGlynn's greatest managerial achievement has been to get his pay on the same month it was due. F*** knows what he won as a player but I'm guessing he's up there with Medals Mackay.

Here's his very impressive record :greengrin

Personal information

Full name
John McGlynn

Date of birth
(1961-12-19) 19 December 1961 (age 50)

Place of birth
Musselburgh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musselburgh), Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)

Playing position
Midfielder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)

Club information

Current club
Heart of Midlothian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.) (Manager (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manager_%28football%29))

Youth career

1979–1980
Bolton Wanderers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolton_Wanderers_F.C.)

Senior career*

Years
Team
Apps†
(Gls)†

1980–1983
Berwick Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwick_Rangers_F.C.)
(2)

1983–1984
Musselburgh Athletic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musselburgh_Athletic_F.C.)

1984–1987
Whitehill Welfare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehill_Welfare_F.C.)

1995–1997

Teams managed

Easthouses Lily (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easthouses_Lily_F.C.)

Heart of Midlothian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.) (caretaker)

2006–2012
Raith Rovers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raith_Rovers_F.C.)

2012–
Heart of Midlothian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).

hibsbollah
27-10-2012, 09:17 AM
What an embarrassment of a club :hilarious

vincipernoi
27-10-2012, 12:22 PM
What an embarrassment of a club :hilarious

not to forget he was their manager in the ubeatable derby

how did that end again?