PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming gigs?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Steve-O
25-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Not seen a thread like this for a while, so what gigs are people going to in the near future?

I am just starting this as I suddenly have a load of gigs to go to that have only materialised over the last 6 weeks or so :greengrin

Tomorrow - The Bootleg Beatles, Wellington

Nov 10 - Coldplay, Auckland

Nov 30 - Calvin Harris, Auckland

Dec 14 - Morrissey, Wellington

March 10 - Future Music Festival, Melbourne - Line up includes The Stone Roses, The Prodigy, Bloc Party, and even PSY GANGNAM STYLE! :greengrin

http://www.futureentertainment.com.au/futuremusicfestival/melbourne/lineup/

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Feb 15th - Deftones.

Thats all I've got planned anytime soon.

danhibees1875
25-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Nov 20th. The Proclaimers - Perth.

:flag:

Calvin
25-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Public Service Broadcasting at the Lemon Tree tonight. Then I've got Twin Atlantic at the Music Hall on Monday (pending my train up from London being punctual). After that it's a barren couple of months until the Christmas Songwriters Club at the Queens Hall on December 22nd (highly recommended).

Got a few tickets for springtime in the last few days. Biffy Clyro in Aberdeen and also Frightened Rabbit in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow.

On another note, Muse were their usual fantastic selves at the SECC last night.

deeks01
25-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Not got many coming up at all which is quite depressing! Got the vaccines at the end of next month although not been impressed with their look recently with the matching denim waistcoats and such like and a lot of their fans are the same and extremely annoying. Wee daft kids who think the vaccines are gods gift to music when they've listened to a grand total of 3 bands in their life. However I've seen them a few times before all that kind of thing started and they always put on a cracking show so I'm looking forward to it anyway!

December I'm off to Manchester for the courteeners come back show with support from the view! Love both bands so I am positively bouncing for it even at this stage! Making a weekend of it as well with a few mates so should be a cracker!

Apart from that nothing major will probably take in 2 or 3 local bands and my mates band a couple of times.

Hopefully a lot of decent gigs will come up at short notice wether it's new bands I get into or tagging along with my mate who has a spare ticket to something a bit different to my usual I don't really care just enjoy having gigs to attend fairly regularly!

Steve-O
25-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Public Service Broadcasting at the Lemon Tree tonight. Then I've got Twin Atlantic at the Music Hall on Monday (pending my train up from London being punctual). After that it's a barren couple of months until the Christmas Songwriters Club at the Queens Hall on December 22nd (highly recommended).

Got a few tickets for springtime in the last few days. Biffy Clyro in Aberdeen and also Frightened Rabbit in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Big fan of Frightened Rabbit then eh? :greengrin

Calvin
25-10-2012, 10:13 AM
December I'm off to Manchester for the courteeners come back show with support from the view! Love both bands so I am positively bouncing for it even at this stage! Making a weekend of it as well with a few mates so should be a cracker!
That'll be great, wish I was going.

Big fan of Frightened Rabbit then eh? :greengrin
You could say that I suppose! :greengrin

Also forgot that I've got tickets for Glasvegas at Aberdeen Garage (I'm looking forward to seeing how that is as a venue) and also for Two Door Cinema Club. Trying to nab a couple for Mumford at the Caird Hall too but it's very pricey.

deeks01
25-10-2012, 10:27 AM
That'll be great, wish I was going.

You could say that I suppose! :greengrin

Also forgot that I've got tickets for Glasvegas at Aberdeen Garage (I'm looking forward to seeing how that is as a venue) and also for Two Door Cinema Club. Trying to nab a couple for Mumford at the Caird Hall too but it's very pricey.

Aye it should be! Had a right time of it trying to get tickets. Had money set aside for it and then the weekend before it had one to many sambucas and came down with a touch of 'weekend millionaire syndrome'. Woke up the next morning with no money in the bank for the ticket and vague memories of spending it on assorted expensive drinks for myself and a few mates. Long story short by the time I next got paid the tickets were sold out and I had to fork out over double the face value for one off eBay. Another lesson learned the hard way!

Seen frightened rabbit only the once myself but they were pretty good! I'm sure they were a support act but can't for the life of me remember who they were supporting. Wouldn't mind seeing them again though as the main act as it were!

Enjoy yourself man!

Calvin
25-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Not to turn this into a match updates thread for my own gig-going, but I just got tickets for Maxïmo Park, Bloc Party, Delphic, Spector and Everything Everything in Manchester in December 4th. Very decent lineup, especially as I'm missing Maxïmo in Glasgow next week. I also have Crystal Castles coming up. Turns out my agenda is more packed than I thought!

Gatecrasher
25-10-2012, 11:41 AM
i'm quite into train just now, do they come to Scotland at all?

Apocalypso
25-10-2012, 04:33 PM
The Cribs
The 10:004's
The Nature Boys all at Haddowfest this Sunday. :na na:

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Jake Bugg in Febuary. Picture House. Trying to get tickets for Slash at the Corn Exchange but they're going for extortianate prices.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Jake Bugg in Febuary. Picture House. Trying to get tickets for Slash at the Corn Exchange but they're going for extortianate prices.

If you find any for Slash at reasonable prices a PM would be appreciated Sean.

Calvin
25-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Quite gutted that they're the act for Sunday but hopefully they'll surprise me!

Magnifique
25-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Yes, playing O2 GLasgow in FEbruary, tickets booked. Was there in may to see em they were fab as we're the support acts Elle king and matt nathanson

Steve-O
26-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Seen the Bootleg Beatles last night. Have to say I was very impressed and it was far better than I even thought it would be. That's coming from someone who's never been a huge fan of The Beatles but last night might've changed my views! Lennon and McCartney in particular were so like the real thing it really was unbelievable! :agree:

H18sry
27-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Alice Cooper Halloween bash on Wednesday at Usher hall
The View at Barrowlands
Kevin Bridges next week at the playhouse

Hiber-nation
27-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Squeeze at 02 Academy 9 December :thumbsup:

BarneyBreslin
27-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Proclaimers @ playhoose in November
Orbital @ picture hoose in December
Inspiral carpets @ liquid room in March

Frazerbob
28-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I have seen hundreds of gigsover the years and have been lucky to see some amazing live bands in their prime....U2, Simple Minds, Iron Maiden, Marillion, Madness, Stone Roses, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, INXS and some 80's band called Depeche Mode once or twice. Hell, I've even seen T'Pau. I have to say, The Killers last night in Aberdeen were right up there with the very best of them. Absolutely outstanding gig. I think I may have a man crush on Brandon Flowers!

.Sean.
28-10-2012, 12:15 PM
If you find any for Slash at reasonable prices a PM would be appreciated Sean.
:aok:

StevesFamau5
28-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Arty at chambre69 at the end of november.
Figital Society club tour with Tritonal at the arches next friday.
A State of Trance 600 in den bosch next april (defo the biggest)
and hopefully Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas for my birthday next year.

yeah i love trance music :D
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Darth Hibbie
28-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Was Slash not at the beginning of the month? Unless he has announced another one. Was gutted to miss it especially as Ginger Wildheart was the support. Seen Slash previously with Velver Revolver and Slash's Snakepit. Seen Ginger in a number of different guises too many times to count (nothing beats his early wildhearts stuff though).

Been to a few gigs over the last couple of months, Terrorvision, Alestorm and Dragonforce. Got the annual Motörhead gig in a couple of weeks.

Trying to convince myself I can justify spending silly money to see Rush as well.

YehButNoBut
28-10-2012, 02:22 PM
The only 2 I have got tickets for are

The Black Keys, SECC, Dec 8th
Biffy Clyro, SECC, April 1st.

Want to get tickets for Download next June 16th but only for the Sunday to see the superb Rammstein but no day tickets on sale yet only full weekend.

Darth Hibbie
28-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Want to get tickets for Download next June 16th but only for the Sunday to see the superb Rammstein but no day tickets on sale yet only full weekend.

I'm waiting to see if Iron Maiden announce anything else in the uk before I decide on Download but will likely only be a day ticket for Maiden. It's usually quite late before day tickets get announced.

Gatecrasher
28-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Quite gutted that they're the act for Sunday but hopefully they'll surprise me!

Yes, playing O2 GLasgow in FEbruary, tickets booked. Was there in may to see em they were fab as we're the support acts Elle king and matt nathanson
Thanks, might see about getting tickets, they are going to be on SS2 in a moment as the pre match entertainment at Wembley

.Sean.
28-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Was Slash not at the beginning of the month? Unless he has announced another one. Was gutted to miss it especially as Ginger Wildheart was the support. Seen Slash previously with Velver Revolver and Slash's Snakepit. Seen Ginger in a number of different guises too many times to count (nothing beats his early wildhearts stuff though).

Been to a few gigs over the last couple of months, Terrorvision, Alestorm and Dragonforce. Got the annual Motörhead gig in a couple of weeks.

Trying to convince myself I can justify spending silly money to see Rush as well.

:rolleyes:

seems it was 7th OCTOBER. Had it in mind it was the 7th December! Stupid me.

bod
28-10-2012, 09:18 PM
adam ant in november
kevin bridge in november
madness in december
milton jones in febuary

Haymaker
28-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Dropkick Murphys in London in January when I am home.

Hoping to catch some NYHC while I live here but no luck so far! :cb

CraigK
29-10-2012, 08:45 AM
If anybody's interested, we have Broken Records (a solo set by Jamie Sutherland) and good hibbies Ballboy playing at the Wee Red Bar in Edinburgh on Saturday 3rd November.

Glory Lurker
29-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Sigur Ros at the SECC on 2 March.

deeks01
30-10-2012, 07:39 AM
So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?

Matty_Jack04
30-10-2012, 07:41 AM
So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?

I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen

deeks01
30-10-2012, 08:02 AM
I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen

I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!

Steve-O
30-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I have seen hundreds of gigsover the years and have been lucky to see some amazing live bands in their prime....U2, Simple Minds, Iron Maiden, Marillion, Madness, Stone Roses, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, INXS and some 80's band called Depeche Mode once or twice. Hell, I've even seen T'Pau. I have to say, The Killers last night in Aberdeen were right up there with the very best of them. Absolutely outstanding gig. I think I may have a man crush on Brandon Flowers!

The Killers are superb live. Managed to see them a few times now - Brisbane in 2004, TITP in 2005, Carling Academy Glasgow in 2006, TITP 2007 and Sydney in 2009. Pretty annoyed they don't seem to be coming to New Zealand next year while they are in Australia doing a few festivals.

Matty_Jack04
30-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!

If you get lucky again don't forget me! :cb Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses

Steve-O
30-10-2012, 09:08 AM
If you get lucky again don't forget me! :cb Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses

Phoning? Get on the t'interweb and time it right. I have only missed out on tickets ONCE ever using the net...if youa re on at 8:59am and hitting refresh, you should get it. I don't think I've ever been successful trying to phone for a ticket in my life.

deeks01
30-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Of course not mate ;)! Ah no luck there like! I expected Brown to be sh*** but with Mani Reni and especially that man god Squire in tow he can't fail to put on a show. I actually think his voice is far better than its been in many years though so you could well be pleasantly surprised if it stays that way till June!

I'd agree with Steve-O above though get on the web don't phone! If you can't get on the web at the right time then give your ticket money to someone trustworthy and have them buy the tickets , you'll have a much better chance that way! :) good luck!

Matty_Jack04
30-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Cheers guys tinternet it is

Hibby_Paul
31-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Only a few for me

Frankie & Heartsrings at Elextric Circus in November.

Early next year:
Jake Bugg in Feb.
Of Monstets and Men
Alt-j

Just back from seeing Cribs headline Haddow fest, that was greAt day.

Also recently saw Whole Lotta Led (Led Zep tribute band) at Picture house and thought they were top notch.

JohnStephens91
01-11-2012, 12:50 AM

I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.

Calvin
01-11-2012, 01:54 AM
I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.
I did it with Frightened Rabbit on their Highland Tour in April. I did Aviemore, Stornoway, Portree, Strathpeffer and Dunoon on consecutive nights, and did it all with just a tent! It was tiring but well worth it!

I would be going to see The Xcerts up here but unfortunately I won't get a Saturday night off work during Christmas night out season.

deeks01
02-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Cheers guys tinternet it is

Did you manage to get yourself a ticket then mate? :)

I struck out myself , serves me right for trusting someone else to get our tickets. Hopefully people don't rip the pish too bad on eBay.

easty
02-11-2012, 08:54 AM

I struck out myself , serves me right for trusting someone else to get our tickets. Hopefully people don't rip the pish too bad on eBay.

keep trying Ticketmaster online mate, I just got mines now, after you'd posted this!

Matty_Jack04
02-11-2012, 09:04 AM

Same here mate unless other folk have came thru looking doubtful though

deeks01
02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
keep trying Ticketmaster online mate, I just got mines now, after you'd posted this!

No can do , not home yet and have zero in the bank at present. I have 80 quid to collect en-route and had my mate told me before 9am this morning he 'wasn't allowed' to get tickets I could have had my cousin pick up that money and use it to buy my ticket. Moral of the story? Never trust a 20 year old stay at home mummy's boy who still gets told he's not allowed to such 'dangerous' events. Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with some people in all honesty.

Anyway well done to anyone who got tickets and I will still see you all there no doubt as I can't go missing this!

deeks01
02-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Same here mate unless other folk have came thru looking doubtful though

No luck! As alluded to above perhaps trusting other folk with such vitally important task was not the best brain wave for either of us. Fingers crossed for you though mate!

Sylar
02-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Lostprophets and We Are The Ocean on Monday at the HMV Picture House

Finch - 10 year reunion gig, performing What It Is To Burn in its entirety - Brixton Academy, London, March next year.

That's all for now!

Carheenlea
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Have a busy November lined up.

Wedding Present - Seamonsters Tour - Liquid Rooms
Moon Duo - Glasgow Art School
The Fall - Glasgow Arches
Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - Pleasance

Then just the one so far for December, God is an Astronaut - Glasgow Oran Mor

seanraff07
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Already bought tickets for:

The View - Barrowlands 17th December
Jake Bugg - Edinburgh Picture House in February
Stone Roses - Glasgow Green 15th June

Also buying a ticket for Complete Stone Roses at Glasow O2 Academy in December, one of the best cover bands around.

Sylar
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Just back in Dundee from the HMV Lostprophets/We Are The Ocean/PureLove gig.

Wasn't overly in the mood for a gig tonight (the hour and a bit long drive really doesn't help) and took a while to get going, not aided by the ridiculous queue to get in...

I despised The Gallows, so I was always going to hate PureLove and sure enough did. We Are The Ocean were also a bit of a disappointment for me, quite clearly missing their former vocalist who recently left them.

I was apprehensive about the Prophets prior to the gig also - I've seen recorded footage of them live and I've never been impressed. I had seen them live before, but it was almost 10 years to the day, when they first toured Fake Sound of Progress. They were brilliant tonight though - note perfect, good energy and a brilliantly mixed playlist which got the crowd behind them from the off. Really enjoyed it in the end, which I wasn't expecting up until they came on the stage!

Haymaker
06-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I despised The Gallows,

A terrible band who never seemed to understand there is such a thing a "bass". All top end and *****! :agree:

deeks01
07-11-2012, 11:59 PM
After much moaning on this thread I actually picked up a ticket for Stone Roses at Glasgow Green on eBay for 85 quid. Not too bad , was expecting to have to take a major hit in order to procure one! Roll on next June it's gonna be some night! Also I got stereophonics tickets and a ticket for the view the night afterwards! Might be seeing the rifles in a few weeks at king tuts as well and I am going to Dumfries to see Steve Craddock sometime in the next few weeks , canny mind the date as its my cousin got me the tickets! This along with Manchester for Courteeners/View and possibly Kilmarnock grand hall for the proclaimers. Busy end to the year after all - happy days!

Sexton
09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster have reformed and touring as the original group. Fingers crossed a few nights are announced for up here. Seen them in the venue a few years back and in the hive about 2 years ago. Fantastic group.

stoneyburn hibs
10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Tickets arrived yesterday for Simple Minds at Newcastle in march , counting down the days to this as im so looking forward to this.

cocopops1875
10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Went to see Carter USM at King Tuts on Thursday im a huge fan and was just buzzing for it Fantasic set which lasted nearly 2 hours also they were supported by the Frank & Walters who were very decent
Then last night I went to the Voodoo Rooms to see Chris Helme (the Seahorses singer) played a great mix of new and old and had a great interaction with the crowd 2 great gigs in 2 days :thumbsup:

Green Man
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I was at Carter as well, it was one of my favourite ever gigs. They seemed to really enjoy it as well, everyone just had a great time. I realised last night it's 20 years since I first saw them!

KingFranck
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Next gig for me is Stiff Little Fingers and Spear of Destiny on same bill at the Picture House. Seen both bands loads of times but never together can't wait.
Inspiral Carpets next March too

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Saw Christy Moore last week, what a performer........

Couple of gigs in November, then Inspiral Carpets and Stone Roses next year....Can't wait....

cocopops1875
10-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I was at Carter as well, it was one of my favourite ever gigs. They seemed to really enjoy it as well, everyone just had a great time. I realised last night it's 20 years since I first saw them!

yeah it did seem fun :greengrin Where did you see them 1st time ?

Hiber-nation
10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Went to see Carter USM at King Tuts on Thursday im a huge fan and was just buzzing for it Fantasic set which lasted nearly 2 hours also they were supported by the Frank & Walters who were very decent
Then last night I went to the Voodoo Rooms to see Chris Helme (the Seahorses singer) played a great mix of new and old and had a great interaction with the crowd 2 great gigs in 2 days :thumbsup:

Seen Chris Helme a couple of times, he was excellent. Never knew he was playing the Voodoo Rooms last night, that is a right bummer.

cocopops1875
11-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Seen Chris Helme a couple of times, he was excellent. Never knew he was playing the Voodoo Rooms last night, that is a right bummer.

Voodoo rooms gets some pretty decent gigs but dont really advertise, my mates a dedicated gig goer so is on top of these things (or they would just pass me by ) saw Miles and Erica of The Wonder Stuff there too Earlier in the year :thumbsup:

Green Man
11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
yeah it did seem fun :greengrin Where did you see them 1st time ?

I saw them at the Livingston Forum in 1992, on the Love Album tour. I also saw them at the Queens Hall in 94 or 95 and the Venue in 96 or 97.

Do you have a tattoo the same as your avatar? If so I saw you there.

MrRobot
11-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Im just back from Warped Tour in London and that was insane!

cocopops1875
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I saw them at the Livingston Forum in 1992, on the Love Album tour. I also saw them at the Queens Hall in 94 or 95 and the Venue in 96 or 97.

Do you have a tattoo the same as your avatar? If so I saw you there.
Haha aye that's me, was at the queens hall gig ( worry bomb tour ) and at the venue gig upto a 6 piece by then great gigs one if my favourite bands

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Went to see the Alabama Shakes the other night.

Stunning... she is like Otis Redding in a dress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0HxNtWEIKhQ

hibbybob
15-11-2012, 05:15 PM
REZILLOS @ Liquid Rooms on 21/12. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Faye will be looking as good as always!

Hibbyradge
19-11-2012, 10:55 AM
REZILLOS @ Liquid Rooms on 21/12. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Faye will be looking as good as always!

Good shout. Thanks for the heads up.

I going to get a ticket! :thumbsup:

Calvin
19-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I want to go and see Andre Rieu at the SECC on the 12th of December but it's the very terrible seats left. If anyone hears of anybody selling a couple then give me a shout! Cheers.

Skanko79
19-11-2012, 03:52 PM
frankie & the heartstrings. weds @ electric circus.

hibbybob
22-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Good shout. Thanks for the heads up.

I going to get a ticket! :thumbsup:

Always a good gig at Christmas. A bit of a tradition. Last year was superb!

Hope you enjoy it - I think they're every bit as good (well almost) as when I first saw them 30+ years ago. Faye just seems to improve with age!!

degenerated
22-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Exploited, threats and gin goblins at Calton studios 1/12

hibbybob
30-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Saw Doctors tonight at HMV Picturehouse tonight.

Always a good night and better away from Glasgow as we don't get all that Celtic ***** at the end!

Magnifique
30-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Saw Doctors tonight at HMV Picturehouse tonight.

Always a good night and better away from Glasgow as we don't get all that Celtic ***** at the end!

ABSOLUTELY gutted, had tickets but had to come down to work in Somerset so had to give tickets.. Been texted to say they were brilliant tonight. Thanks

Steve-O
30-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Black Sabbath in April in Auckland to add to my list :agree:

hibbybob
01-12-2012, 10:09 AM
ABSOLUTELY gutted, had tickets but had to come down to work in Somerset so had to give tickets.. Been texted to say they were brilliant tonight. Thanks

Started off slowly with some strange song choices (Buddy Holly - True love Ways!!!) but really got into the swing after about half an hour.

Strange tho - we got there at 7.50 (tickets said doors open 7.30) and the support had already played and gone. SD's came on at 8pm so quite a few people will have missed a good part of the gig!

Seems that they brought it all forward by an hour but only informed some of those with tickets! Pretty poor!

Frazerbob
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Just bought VIP tickets for James and Echo & The Bunnymen at the O2 Newcastle for the wife's Christmas. She's a huge James fan and I've heard they are very good live. Sound check and a meet and greet included. Echo & Bunnymen have been on my wish list for years so looking forward to it.

Being a HUGE Depeche Mode fan, next year is their latest World tour. Just annouced the European stadium leg so far before they head to the States and South America and back to Europe for winter arena tour. So fa I'm booked up for the opening gig in Tel Aviv, Athens, London O2, Rome Olympic Stadium, Vilius and Minsk. Can not wait, Depeche tours are amazing!

Also got Simple Minds in Aberdeen in April.

Steve-O
02-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Just bought VIP tickets for James and Echo & The Bunnymen at the O2 Newcastle for the wife's Christmas. She's a huge James fan and I've heard they are very good live. Sound check and a meet and greet included. Echo & Bunnymen have been on my wish list for years so looking forward to it.

Being a HUGE Depeche Mode fan, next year is their latest World tour. Just annouced the European stadium leg so far before they head to the States and South America and back to Europe for winter arena tour. So fa I'm booked up for the opening gig in Tel Aviv, Athens, London O2, Rome Olympic Stadium, Vilius and Minsk. Can not wait, Depeche tours are amazing!

Also got Simple Minds in Aberdeen in April.

You should know Depeche Mode personally by now so can you please tell them to include Australia / NZ on these "world" tours? They didn't even come here when supposedly touring the "universe"!! :greengrin

Haymaker
02-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Started off slowly with some strange song choices (Buddy Holly - True love Ways!!!) but really got into the swing after about half an hour.

Strange tho - we got there at 7.50 (tickets said doors open 7.30) and the support had already played and gone. SD's came on at 8pm so quite a few people will have missed a good part of the gig!

Seems that they brought it all forward by an hour but only informed some of those with tickets! Pretty poor!

I have had that before as well, went to see Iron Maiden at Earls Court and Trivvium were supporting. My friend was a HUGE Trivvium fan and didnt want to miss them, even so we turned up at 8pm, 30 mins after doors and the PA was playing the Maiden walk on tune! Still find that weird but it meant maiden played for about 3 solid hours which was great.

YehButNoBut
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Looking forward to The Black Keys on Saturday, and today have added Bruce Springsteen at Hampden June 18th, last "Boss" gig at Hampden 4 years ago was a superb night.

Tickets go on general sale tomorrow at 9am if anyone interested, as do The Specials for the Barrowlands in May.

Frazerbob
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
You should know Depeche Mode personally by now so can you please tell them to include Australia / NZ on these "world" tours? They didn't even come here when supposedly touring the "universe"!! :greengrin

I'll try mate lol. I'd love an excuse to go to Melbourne!

They only came to Scotland for he first time in 24 years on the last tour (afer years of badgering). They seem to play it safe and stick to tried and tested venues in Europe, US and South America. The next tour seems to be less gigs, sticking to the huge stadiums. Easier money I suppose. I very much doubt they will ever venture to Oz. In fact, I would recon this will be their last but one tour.

On another note, I see Simple Minds are currently in Oz. Any idea what size of venues they're playing?

hibbybob
08-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Off to see Squeeze at O2 Academy in Glasgow tomorrow.

Haven't seen Squeeze before so don't know what to expect but so many hits to play!

H18sry
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Off to see Squeeze at O2 Academy in Glasgow tomorrow.

Haven't seen Squeeze before so don't know what to expect but so many hits to play!

At the end of the gig they will be selling "live cd's from the gig" at a stall at the back of the venue :wink:

seanraff07
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM
At Christmas I'm buying tickets for The Fratellis at Barrowlands and Inspiral Carpets at Liquid Rooms.

Anyone else think £40 for The Specials is a rip-off?

Steve-O
11-12-2012, 07:23 AM
I'll try mate lol. I'd love an excuse to go to Melbourne!

They only came to Scotland for he first time in 24 years on the last tour (afer years of badgering). They seem to play it safe and stick to tried and tested venues in Europe, US and South America. The next tour seems to be less gigs, sticking to the huge stadiums. Easier money I suppose. I very much doubt they will ever venture to Oz. In fact, I would recon this will be their last but one tour.

On another note, I see Simple Minds are currently in Oz. Any idea what size of venues they're playing?

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/simple-minds-devo-the-church-australian-tour-2012/

Looks like they're doing a mixture of smaller shows and vineyard shows. I wanted to go to their show in Auckland but couldn't make it happen, and would've also preferred to see them in some indoor place anyway. I know those shows in Melbourne and Sydney are reasonable size - I think that Palais in Melbourne is maybe about the size of the Playhouse.

Haymaker
11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
My favourite band are touring in March - great news to wake up to! :greengrin

Frazerbob
16-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Just got tickets for Hurts at the Garage in Glasgow. Anyone been to a gig there?

hibby rae
16-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Just got tickets for Hurts at the Garage in Glasgow. Anyone been to a gig there?

I saw James Dean Bradfield there a few years ago. It's a good venue.

.Sean.
18-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Jake Bugg and The Courteeners early next year, both at the Picture House. Stone Roses in Glasgow next summer.

Frazerbob
21-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Just added Big Country at The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen to my list. Will be interesting to here the new material.

Hibbyradge
21-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Rezillos tonight!

Cauld Bovril
21-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Live music and DJ`s on the 29th December in Leith. I thought some of you might be up for this post match.
It`s at The Cruz Bar, The Shore and is open from 6pm til 3am.
The bands playing are Frantic Chant, My Electric Love Affair, Tam`s Railways and The Maybes.
All the details are here http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/307402
The sound might be a bit ropey as i`ll be at Easter Road at soundcheck time :flag:

Calvin
22-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Christmas Songwriters' Club at the Queen's Hall tonight featuring such illuminaries (but not limited to) Scott Hutchison, Withered Hand, We See Lights, Adam Stafford and Alan Bisset.

Peevemor
22-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Christmas Songwriters' Club at the Queen's Hall tonight featuring such illuminaries (but not limited to) Scott Hutchison, Withered Hand, We See Lights, Adam Stafford and Alan Bisset.

Is Jambo Jimmy going to be there?

Darth Hibbie
22-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Now got tickets for

Bullet for my Valantine
the Darkness supported by Ginger Wildheart

The ABC had an O2 pre sale for The Wildhearts but no tour has been announced yet.

Just miss the Proclaimers when I am in New York.

Steve-O
22-12-2012, 10:59 PM

Saw Editors there back in the day, is a decent venue yes. I managed to get up on some raised area down the left side, good view with no annoying tall people in front of me! :agree:

YehButNoBut
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Booked a trip to Lisbon & Madrid in April and got tickets for Rammstein in Lisbon on 16th & Madrid on 22nd. :rockin: :rockin:

Haymaker
04-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Booked a trip to Lisbon & Madrid in April and got tickets for Rammstein in Lisbon on 16th & Madrid on 22nd. :rockin: :rockin:

They wont disappoint! :agree:

Betty Boop
24-02-2013, 10:38 AM
My laddie has got us tickets for Fleetwood Mac, at the Hydro, on October 13th. I'm excited ! :greengrin

easty
24-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I was down in Leeds to see the Courteeners on Friday night, it was a great night!

YehButNoBut
24-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Got Slash this Friday at Empress Ballroom in Blackpool. :rockin:

darrenmcintosh2
24-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Any1 from the rosyth area that are in any way connected too The Draymin that know if any upcoming gigs let me know.

Seen them last at the glen pavilion in dunfy. Been ages

Any1 not seen or heard of these guys check them out

Sylar
24-02-2013, 08:43 PM
My favourite band are touring in March - great news to wake up to! :greengrin

Who?

Absolutely awesome live band :agree:

I've just been given a couple of tickets for the Slam Dunk festival at the University of Leeds for this coming May and I'm really looking forward to it - not quite as good a lineup as last year so far but a large number of bands still to be announced. Loved that so many bands I love played such an intimate festival, which really is targeted at quite a niche market in all honesty.

Also have Finch, with support from Mallory Knox at Brixton Academy next month which I'm really looking forward to :agree:

Haymaker
24-02-2013, 09:55 PM
The Bouncing Souls scott. Love 'em.

Sylar
25-02-2013, 08:37 AM
The Bouncing Souls scott. Love 'em.

How I Spent My Summer Vacation and Anchors Aweigh were 2 staples of my high school days - used to listen to them a lot around the same time I was into bands like Millencolin, NOFX and Allister (to name a few).

Was a good era :greengrin

Haymaker
25-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I love all their albums, seen them so many times I cant count! Been a huge fan of NoFx since around 1994, millencolin too! As you say, a great era back then, Fat Wreck and Epitaph sample cds were great!

.Sean.
25-02-2013, 06:44 PM
The Courteeners this Saturday, can't wait!

Frazerbob
26-02-2013, 08:22 AM
The wife has bought me tickets for Deacon Blue at the Albert Hall for my 40th birthday. They just happen to be her favourite band. Cheeky!

The Modfather
26-02-2013, 02:55 PM
The wife has bought me tickets for Deacon Blue at the Albert Hall for my 40th birthday. They just happen to be her favourite band. Cheeky!

Got quite a few coming up in the next 6 months -

Courteeners - Picture House

Amy Macdonald - Picture House

Inspiral Carpets - Liquid Rooms

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - The Wild West

The Modfather - The castle

Stone Roses - London

Velveteen Saints - The Wild West

bod
06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
the Proclaimers ,Glasvegas & roddy somebody @ the Hydro's opening night in October

Forthview
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Black Crowes, Counting Crows, Stone Roses. Quality miix.

Steve-O
07-03-2013, 08:07 AM
This Sunday... :thumbsup:

http://www.futureentertainment.com.au/futuremusicfestival/im/w626/futuremusicfestival/assets/images/aaa_lineup_v3.png

Haymaker
09-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Just saw the Bouncing Souls. It was epic

Oscar T Grouch
14-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Went to see Victorian Trout Conspiracy at the Annex last Thursday, great band and pumping gig, but they did a number half way through the set, I'm sure they said Matt Done was in the audience and started a song about him. Was anyone else there to confirm or deny this? I had had a few pints by the time it happened but my mate was there and heard the same thing:confused:

Also, anyone else going to download this year?

StevesFamau5
15-03-2013, 09:43 PM
This Sunday... :thumbsup:

http://www.futureentertainment.com.au/futuremusicfestival/im/w626/futuremusicfestival/assets/images/aaa_lineup_v3.png

Sooo jealous of the wake your mind stage. Such epic acts.

Steve-O
16-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Sooo jealous of the wake your mind stage. Such epic acts.

Went to see W&W for a while and they were pretty good. Wasn't with other trance lovers though so was dragged away in the end! :greengrin

StevesFamau5
16-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Worst type of people haha. Still looks like one hell of a great festival. Roll on next weekend for Ultra Music festival. Costing me an arm and a leg. But will be worth it :D

Oscar T Grouch
24-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Just back fi the Maiden Scotland gig at the dreadnought in bathgate, ****ing amazing gig, special tribute paid to Clive Burr, absolutely amazing gig!! Bring on the proper gig at Download in the summer, cannae wait!!!

yeezus.
26-03-2013, 06:16 PM
If I win the euro millions tonight, I'd love to go to Download - Rammstein are headlining Sunday!

Sylar
27-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Was at the O2 Brixton Academy on Friday for the 10 Year Reunion of What It Is To Burn tour with Finch, supported by Mallory Knox and Cytota.

Mallory Knox recently released their debut album (Signals) which was pretty damned good and they're every bit as impressive live. Really enjoyed their short set.

Finch took the gig to a whole new level, playing WIITB in its entirety and adding in some of their older EP songs, as well as Worms of the Earth (Underworld soundtrack). Flawless live, superb energy and it brought out every emotion in a superb crowd.

YehButNoBut
27-03-2013, 12:18 PM
If I win the euro millions tonight, I'd love to go to Download - Rammstein are headlining Sunday!

One of the best live acts you will ever see, saw them in Newcastle & Birmingham last year and will see them twice in April this year.

In Lisbon on 16th & Madrid on 21st, can't wait, have they started to sell day only tickets for Download yet?

yeezus.
27-03-2013, 02:51 PM
One of the best live acts you will ever see, saw them in Newcastle & Birmingham last year and will see them twice in April this year.

In Lisbon on 16th & Madrid on 21st, can't wait, have they started to sell day only tickets for Download yet?

Yeah I see £82 listed for Sunday. If I get a job sometime soon I'll be getting a ticket - Stone Sour are there as well!

Frazerbob
02-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Just home from Simple Minds in Aberdeen. Two and a half hour set of timeless classics. Superb gig.

Hurts tomorrow (tonight) in Glasgow have a lot to live up to.

YehButNoBut
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Saw Biffy Clyro at the SECC last night, first time I've seen them live and they were superb.

Seen a few bands at the (rubbish) SECC and they were the best.

Best band ever to come out of Scotland.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/68533_4064659593756_315149783_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/549156_4064660673783_1911727830_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/548985_4064661153795_1616055217_n.jpg

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Saw Biffy Clyro at the SECC last night, first time I've seen them live and they were superb.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/68533_4064659593756_315149783_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/549156_4064660673783_1911727830_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c22.0.133.133/p133x133/548985_4064661153795_1616055217_n.jpg

I predict a 5-pager on that statement alone :greengrin

Calvin
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I saw them at the AECC on Sunday night and yeah, they were as good as ever. Despite only really going for Glitter and Trauma, they had a strong set.

Best band ever to come out of Scotland though!?

YehButNoBut
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I predict a 5-pager on that statement alone :greengrin

Apart from the Bay City Rollers of course.

Always debatable these statements as down to personal taste.

Maybe one for another thread. :greengrin

Hiber-nation
02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Apart from the Bay City Rollers of course.

Always debatable these statements as down to personal taste.

Maybe one for another thread. :greengrin

I'd say Puzzle is possibly the best album by a Scottish band but their new one is just awful.

Frazerbob
03-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Hurts at the Garage in Glasgow last night were absolutely superb. It's a long time since I came away from a gig on such a high. I don't mind admiting to having a bit of a man crush on Theo!

Mark my words, that will be the last time I see this band in such a small venue. They are going to be huge. They're already playing to full arenas around Europe and hopefully the UK will get aboard the bandwagon now.

As a massive Depeche Mode fan, Hurts would be the perfect tour support for the up-coming stadium World tour.

easty
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Hurts at the Garage in Glasgow last night were absolutely superb. It's a long time since I came away from a gig on such a high. I don't mind admiting to having a bit of a man crush on Theo!

Mark my words, that will be the last time I see this band in such a small venue. They are going to be huge. They're already playing to full arenas around Europe and hopefully the UK will get aboard the bandwagon now.

As a massive Depeche Mode fan, Hurts would be the perfect tour support for the up-coming stadium World tour.

I really like Hurts, haven't listened to the second album yet, but the first was very good.

Why would you hope for that they start playing arenas in the uk though? I'd much rather see my favourite bands in smaller venues than in arenas.

Frazerbob
04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I really like Hurts, haven't listened to the second album yet, but the first was very good.

Why would you hope for that they start playing arenas in the uk though? I'd much rather see my favourite bands in smaller venues than in arenas.

Because they deserve it. I agree, it's great to see bands in wee venues. To be up close and get the banter between fans and band is great but you don't get the production levels in the Garage that you do in an arena. They will easily be able to fill an arena stage, in fact they already do in Germany, the Baltics, Poland etc.

Thoroughly recommend the new album. It's a bit less poppy and bit darker than Happiness. Good progression IMO.

Carheenlea
05-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Staying in Belfast tonight and The Outcasts are playing in Auntie Annies just round from hotel. Terri Hooley billed as dj'ing although I don't see any decks.. Enjoyed Good Vibrations earlier this week so a wee bonus to finish the Easter break away. Place is swarming with grizzled old Belfast punks who time has not been kind to it must be said!

Betty Boop
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
The Stones at Hyde Park, Sat 6th July. :flag:

yeezus.
07-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Just thought I'd go for it. Went and bought a Sunday ticket for Download in order to see Rammstein!

Steve-O
10-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Black Sabbath in Auckland in 10 days time. Should be a good 'un.

They are supported by Shihad who are a big name here in NZ (recommend a YouTube of them, some good tunes :agree:)

Just Alf
10-04-2013, 10:24 AM
1D, Newcastle last night

:-(

yeezus.
10-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Rammstein's version of "stripped" is amazing.

Frazerbob
10-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Rammstein's version of "stripped" is amazing.

Haven't heard it, need to look it up.

I've got James in Newcastle on Monday. Then my own personal Depeche Mode tour kicks off in May with Tel Aviv and Athens followed by the O2 in London, Vilnuis & Minsk in July, Belfast, Dublin & Glasgow in November.

YehButNoBut
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM

I've got James in Newcastle on Monday. Then my own personal Depeche Mode tour kicks off in May with Tel Aviv and Athens followed by the O2 in London, Vilnuis & Minsk in July, Belfast, Dublin & Glasgow in November.

2 good links for Rammstein version of Stripped below, official video & good live one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGq4_TIB68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SmZkmLRjQ

Off to Lisbon & Madrid next week and will see Rammstein in both, can't wait.

StevesFamau5
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
1D, Newcastle last night

:-(

My condolences. It's over now. :)

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Do they play the same set list at each concert, or do they vary them?

H18sry
12-04-2013, 07:36 AM

Normally the same set, it's a bit like watching Hibs you turn up and you know what you are going to get. but in the case of a gig you can get a happy sing song. :greengrin

Frazerbob
12-04-2013, 08:25 AM

Last tour they played around 21 or 22 songs each night and around 35 songs over the tour. They tend to mix it up if the play more than one night at the same venue and they make a few changes between the different legs of the tour. They have 10 or so songs that feature in every tour, add 4 or 5 from the album they're promoting and throw in a few suprises.

yeezus.
12-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I've been to a few Wolfe Tones concerts in Aberdeen. They play the same songs in the same order and the place is always littered with Septic fans but it's a decent night out all the same.

Baldy Foghorn
12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Last tour they played around 21 or 22 songs each night and around 35 songs over the tour. They tend to mix it up if the play more than one night at the same venue and they make a few changes between the different legs of the tour. They have 10 or so songs that feature in every tour, add 4 or 5 from the album they're promoting and throw in a few suprises.

Cheers, how many times do you think you have seen them now??? My mate is like you but it is U2 he goes all over the World to see....

.Sean.
12-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Stiff Little fingers and Sham 69 with my old man. not sure on venues or dates but they're both in town. In particular looking forward to seeing S69, was brought up on That's Life :greengrin

pacorosssco
12-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Just home from Simple Minds in Aberdeen. Two and a half hour set of timeless classics. Superb gig.

Hurts tomorrow (tonight) in Glasgow have a lot to live up to.

never got simple minds but went a few years ago in dam(Heineken hall) after being bribed with free ticket and beer and was a great show.

pacorosssco
12-04-2013, 09:48 PM

primal scream

pacorosssco
12-04-2013, 09:51 PM

how do you find the time to fit hibs in:greengrin

pacorosssco
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/line-up/

not a good year for me band wise on festival circuit but for those who like a joint,jaunt even and biffy clyro(sorry not for me) a plukin excellent festival to attend. Oh and having been a great place to see the prodigy.

and for the campers(not me)

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up/thursday

(camping)did it against wishes and apart from usual cleanliness issues a superb experience as small bars in camp site are rocking through the night

also leuven(hibs played there last summer, lovely little place to spend a few days drinking and the home of stellla artois)

Haymaker
12-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Been pretty poor recently but my friend just bought me a Propagandhi + Comeback Kid + Shia Hulud ticket for next wednesday!

Calvin
16-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I've got Chvrches next Wednesday at The Garage, and The Twilight Sad at the Lemon Tree.

However you Edinburgh hombres should definitely go and see Meursault and Withered Hand at the Liquid Room next Friday. Gutted I can't go.

bod
16-04-2013, 06:20 PM
the View @ '20 Rocks' used to be 'the Dog House' in Dundee sat 11th May day before the PBS game
gonna be wild , home town crowd in a very small venue.
really looking forward to this

Frazerbob
16-04-2013, 10:10 PM
James last night at the O2 Academy in Newcastle where superb and took me back to my Floral Riot and Catch days (for punters of my vintage). 2 hour set with a few brand new tracks. So new that Tim Booth had to read the lyrics and the band made a few **** ups. I have to say, it was good to watch a band taking a few risks rather than just playing all the fans' favourites. Going to the sound check was pretty cool as well. They played a few songs and had a 30 minute chat, including inviting an 8 year old boy, who just started learning the drums, up on the stage for a shot of the drums. It was also great to see Echo The Bunnymen at last, who were the support. Very cool, alternative 80's stuff!

So, in recent months I've ssen The Killers, Stone Roses, Simple Minds, Hurts, James, Echo & The Bunnymen, Big Country, Deacon Blue, Emile Sandé, Noel Gallacher's HFB and a few more. All have been very good and some outstanding (Killiers and Hurts in particular). Next up, in just over 3 weeks, it's the headline act. DEPECHE MODE in Tel Aviv & Athens. NOT LONG NOW!!!!

Frazerbob
16-04-2013, 10:12 PM
how do you find the time to fit hibs in:greengrin

Missing the Derby in a few weeks due to being in Israel. Funnily enough, the only other Derby I have ever missed at Tynie, I was also in Tel Aviv for a Depeche gig. We won, the Casper game, so a good omen!

Frazerbob
16-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I've got Chvrches next Wednesday at The Garage, and The Twilight Sad at the Lemon Tree.

However you Edinburgh hombres should definitely go and see Meursault and Withered Hand at the Liquid Room next Friday. Gutted I can't go.

Gutted I'm missing Chvrches tomorrow. Really like their stuff so far. Great to hear a young Scottish electronic band that are making some waves. They are supporting Depeche in a few shows over the summer so will hopefully get to see them. Make sure you give us a review!

Calvin
17-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Gutted I'm missing Chvrches tomorrow. Really like their stuff so far. Great to hear a young Scottish electronic band that are making some waves. They are supporting Depeche in a few shows over the summer so will hopefully get to see them. Make sure you give us a review!
It's a week today; can you make it then? I agree, obviously 'Lies' got a lot of hype but they've followed it up very strongly. The Depeche support gigs are really something for a band that have had only two singles!

Steve-O
17-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Hmmm, they sound pretty good. Hadn't heard of them until this thread so cheers.

Along with heavy metal, indie rock, and trance, I am partial to this type of music as well :agree::greengrin

Sylar
17-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Takedown Festival at Southampton University - May 11th :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 08:51 AM
80s rewind festival at Perth in July.

Frazerbob
17-04-2013, 09:13 AM
It's a week today; can you make it then? I agree, obviously 'Lies' got a lot of hype but they've followed it up very strongly. The Depeche support gigs are really something for a band that have had only two singles!

Ooh, time to swap some shifts around and hopefully get along. Cheers!

Frazerbob
17-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Hmmm, they sound pretty good. Hadn't heard of them until this thread so cheers.

Along with heavy metal, indie rock, and trance, I am partial to this type of music as well :agree::greengrin

If that's Chvrches then they've just announced some dates in Oz. Might be heading to NZ as well?

Haymaker
17-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Takedown Festival at Southampton University - May 11th :thumbsup:

Might be there too!

.Sean.
19-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Anyone at The Strypes at the Liquid Rooms the other night?

hibby rae
20-04-2013, 08:07 AM

Withered Hand is also a Hibee!

hibby rae
20-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Lies is a great song. I'd say they were able to garner a lot of attention at that time because they knew the right people having been in Aereogramme and Twilight Sad. I believe their first gig was a sell out at Glasgow School of Art.

Calvin
20-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Lies is a great song. I'd say they were able to garner a lot of attention at that time because they knew the right people having been in Aereogramme and Twilight Sad. I believe their first gig was a sell out at Glasgow School of Art.
Yes, their first gig. That is unless you were at a Vic Galloway night at the Electric Circus a few months before where they secretly played under the pseudonym 'Shark Week'. Lies remains their best track in my eyes, however Song by Toad's rant about the lunacy of their hype still stands true.

I never had Dan down as a football fan. Goes to show!

cocopops1875
20-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, their first gig. That is unless you were at a Vic Galloway night at the Electric Circus a few months before where they secretly played under the pseudonym 'Shark Week'. Lies remains their best track in my eyes, however Song by Toad's rant about the lunacy of their hype still stands true.

Could not agree more :agree: Shocked and indeed stunned (unless Gordon Ballboy Roped him in ):thumbsup:

hibby rae
20-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Indeed, Spurs is his original team. Was chatting to him at the Xmas Baubles. Don't even remember how we got on to Hibs but we spent a good drunken hour on the subject!

Carheenlea
20-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Enjoying very much right now The Wave Pictures at South Leith Parish Church Halls. Infectious music in a " bring your own bottle" affair as part of Brinksfest. Great music in the heart of Leith.

Sylar
21-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Funeral for a Friend are playing at my work on Thursday night and tickets are only £10 - yes please! :aok:

Steve-O
23-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Review of Black Sabbath the other night: Awesome. Tony Iommi in particularly fine form :agree:

hibby rae
23-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Enjoying very much right now The Wave Pictures at South Leith Parish Church Halls. Infectious music in a " bring your own bottle" affair as part of Brinksfest. Great music in the heart of Leith.

Annoyed I missed that. I didn't see this advertised at all.

hibby rae
24-04-2013, 10:03 AM

I've got my ticket for that!

For those of you who are fans of the Scottish indie scene, follow the link and like the page! We put on indie gigs to raise money for the Sick Kids and we always strive to get the best acts around so in the past we've had Scott Hutchison, Meursault, Ballboy, Broken Records and we're currently planning our next one. We also try to make the gigs as fairly priced as possible and they take place in an intimate setting!

https://www.facebook.com/sickkidsedinburghgigs

YehButNoBut
24-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Rammstein gigs in Lisbon & Madrid were just mental especially the Madrid one, 15,000 mental Spaniards going crazy to a German band, who sing in German.

Just superb, good link here of the full show in Barca last week for anyone wondering what a Rammstein show is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1EKMNHMes

Jones28
24-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Went to see modestep at the O2 in Glasgow in February. Mental.

Other than that not a lot until the summer. Anyone going to BBK in Bilbao? Awesome line up: green day, kings of leon, biffy Clyro and vampire weekend. Depeche mode and the hives too! £75 for 3 days camping tickets!

Skanko79
25-04-2013, 12:15 PM
not a gig as such but of to eastern electrics in august in london. mental line up http://www.easternelectrics.com/

will be djing at one of the afterpartys too :greengrin

Frazerbob
26-04-2013, 07:44 AM

How were Chvrches?

Sylar
26-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Funeral for a Friend are playing at my work on Thursday night and tickets are only £10 - yes please! :aok:

Awesome gig. Surrey Union is pretty small so it was a brilliant, intimate atmosphere with a lively crowd. Support by both Polar and Fly This For Me who were also decent.

FFAF are playing again in the centre of Guildford tonight but I have plans or I'd go see them again.

matty_f
26-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Anyone going to the Stone Roses at Glasgow Green?

Mango Man
26-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Went to see Victorian Trout Conspiracy at the Annex last Thursday, great band and pumping gig, but they did a number half way through the set, I'm sure they said Matt Done was in the audience and started a song about him. Was anyone else there to confirm or deny this? I had had a few pints by the time it happened but my mate was there and heard the same thing:confused:

Also, anyone else going to download this year?

haha, the trumpet/keys player used to be in my band, not many folk like him about. And also my cousin Matt Dunn jams with them, that's who would have got a shout out.

jabis
26-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Neil Young and Crazy Horse comes ever closer :aok:

Haymaker
27-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Awesome gig. Surrey Union is pretty small so it was a brilliant, intimate atmosphere with a lively crowd. Support by both Polar and Fly This For Me who were also decent.

FFAF are playing again in the centre of Guildford tonight but I have plans or I'd go see them again.

My best mate went to the University of Surrey, had a few good nights in the union! Always had gigs on, great place. Another friend used to do DIY punk/hardcore shows nearby too, dont remember those much!

Calvin
27-04-2013, 01:48 AM
How were Chvrches?
Absolutely brilliant. Really looking forward to their album in the Autumn. The Twilight Sad were super the following night too.

Gutted that I'm not going to Brew at the Bog next Saturday so think I'll go to the Big Beach Ball, mainly just for the Jetpacks.

Frazerbob
27-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Absolutely brilliant. Really looking forward to their album in the Autumn. The Twilight Sad were super the following night too.

Gutted that I'm not going to Brew at the Bog next Saturday so think I'll go to the Big Beach Ball, mainly just for the Jetpacks.

My mate runs Snafu and Athenium who are puting on Big Beach Balll. (He's a Hibby too) Tickets are apparently selling well. If you go, make sure to see Little Kicks. They're superb!

Calvin
27-04-2013, 11:36 AM
My mate runs Snafu and Athenium who are puting on Big Beach Balll. (He's a Hibby too) Tickets are apparently selling well. If you go, make sure to see Little Kicks. They're superb!
Of course, I've seen them loads of times and still get Steven in to do acoustic sets in the bar quite often. Still a bit gutted that he stopped doing regular DHC nights, was just about the only time I'd be glad to venture into a nightclub!

Sylar
27-04-2013, 12:57 PM
My best mate went to the University of Surrey, had a few good nights in the union! Always had gigs on, great place. Another friend used to do DIY punk/hardcore shows nearby too, dont remember those much!

It's amazing to be honest - we had FFAF this week, We Are The Ocean are playing next weekend and Kids In Glass Houses, Mallory Knox and Bring Me The Horizon are all set to play here later in the year!

There are a few venues in the town which have regular rock nights and again, host many live acts throughout the year.

Frazerbob
27-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Of course, I've seen them loads of times and still get Steven in to do acoustic sets in the bar quite often. Still a bit gutted that he stopped doing regular DHC nights, was just about the only time I'd be glad to venture into a nightclub!

Steven worked for me at the old Warehouse. Really good guy! Which bar do you work at?

Calvin
27-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Steven worked for me at the old Warehouse. Really good guy! Which bar do you work at?
Yeah sound as! I'm a BrewDog guy myself.

hibby rae
28-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Public Service Broadcasting at the Caves, F***ed Up in Glasgow and Art Brut at the Electric Circus!

Calvin
29-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Public Service Broadcasting at the Caves, F***ed Up in Glasgow and Art Brut at the Electric Circus!

PSB at the Caves will be amazing. I'm seeing them at the Lemon Tree - they were amazing last time up here. F'd up are great too but won't make that; however my holidays are already in for Art Brut. Eddie Argos is a legend and j can't recall them playing Edinburgh since I saw them at The Hive of all places in what must have been 2008!

hibby rae
29-04-2013, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=Calvin;3581482]PSB at the Caves will be amazing. I'm seeing them at the Lemon Tree - they were amazing last time up here. F'd up are great too but won't make that; however my holidays are already in for Art Brut. Eddie Argos is a legend and j can't recall them playing Edinburgh since I saw them at The Hive of all places in what must have been 2008![/QUOT
Hive was the last time they played Edinburgh. It's a shame that the same night Kid Canavarel are playing with ballboy. Saw PSB last time, they were brilliant and I'm really looking forward to F***ed Up, David Comes To Life is a fantastic album.

Calvin
29-04-2013, 11:55 AM
It's a shame that the same night Kid Canavarel are playing with ballboy.
Just noticed that, gutted - Ballboy are one of my favourites.

Mr Grieves
29-04-2013, 01:04 PM
haha, the trumpet/keys player used to be in my band, not many folk like him about. And also my cousin Matt Dunn jams with them, that's who would have got a shout out.

Went to see Victorian trout conspiracy on Saturday, the trumpet player is mental!

What a night, never skanked like that before.

Carheenlea
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
A busy week. Saw Dirty Beaches at Nice n Sleazy on Tuesday, his first visit to Scotland and it was blistering. Really recommend checking him out if you have not done so yet. Clashed with The Fall at ABC and Public Service Broadcasting at Caves, but I think we made the right call.
Specials tonight at The Barrowlands. No Neville Staples this time, and no Jerry Dammers, but it should still be a good one.

hibby rae
11-05-2013, 03:20 PM
A busy week. Saw Dirty Beaches at Nice n Sleazy on Tuesday, his first visit to Scotland and it was blistering. Really recommend checking him out if you have not done so yet. Clashed with The Fall at ABC and Public Service Broadcasting at Caves, but I think we made the right call.
Specials tonight at The Barrowlands. No Neville Staples this time, and no Jerry Dammers, but it should still be a good one.

I was at the PBS gig at the Caves and it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't the best venue for them and the sound was poor. They were a lot better when I first saw them at the Voodoo Rooms.

oramhibee
15-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Don't know if anyone would like them but Bombay Bicycle Club are playing at the HMV Picture House on Friday 7th June. Decent band in my opinion.

StevieT
15-05-2013, 10:17 PM
If anyone is in the Dundee area on Saturday night then The Underground Jam are well worth a look. They are at Beatgenerator Live.

Sylar
16-05-2013, 08:04 AM
If anyone is in the Dundee area on Saturday night then The Underground Jam are well worth a look. They are at Beatgenerator Live.

Where the hell is that? I lived in Dundee for 8 years and I've never heard of that place.

Funeral for a Friend return to Guildford in June - 3rd time seeing them in Guildford in the space of 2 months!

Calvin
16-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Going to see Savages tomorrow night and The XX on Saturday. Should both be interesting to see live.

StevieT
17-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Where the hell is that? I lived in Dundee for 8 years and I've never heard of that place.

Funeral for a Friend return to Guildford in June - 3rd time seeing them in Guildford in the space of 2 months!

Just around the corner from Fat Sam's and next to Clarke's Bar

Frazerbob
17-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Next up for me is Depeche at the 02 in London. 2 nights, Tuesday & Wednesay after the cup final. Hopefully I'll be so blootered from the victory parade the night before it'll be touch and go if I make the flight!

After a triumphant start to the tour in front of 50,000 in Tel Aviv and 40,000 in Athens last week, it'll be good to see them in an indoor venue again, even if it is still huge.

leith62
17-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Next up for me is Depeche at the 02 in London. 2 nights, Tuesday & Wednesay after the cup final. Hopefully I'll be so blootered from the victory parade the night before it'll be touch and go if I make the flight!

After a triumphant start to the tour in front of 50,000 in Tel Aviv and 40,000 in Athens last week, it'll be good to see them in an indoor venue again, even if it is still huge.

How were the DM gigs? Any particular highlights? Good luck getting your flights to London, I'm going to see them in Munich on the Saturday after the final and if we win I don't fancy my changes of making my flight :-)

Frazerbob
17-05-2013, 11:47 PM
How were the DM gigs? Any particular highlights? Good luck getting your flights to London, I'm going to see them in Munich on the Saturday after the final and if we win I don't fancy my changes of making my flight :-)

They were on really good form. Dave in particular was in very high jinx. In Athens he was even signing autographs from the stage, not like him at all. Set list follows the usual format but with 2 or 3 real suprises and a few great remix versions of old favourites.

The venue in Athens was a complete joke though. 40,000 punters entered the park, which is an hours drive from Athens, through one tiny entrance about the size of a double door. I genuinely felt that a major disaster was very close.

Enjoy Munich, you can't beat Depeche in Germany!

Frazerbob
17-05-2013, 11:48 PM
By the way, if you're going to the Glasgow gig in November, get along to Classic Grand after the show.

hibby rae
19-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Going to see Savages tomorrow night and The XX on Saturday. Should both be interesting to see live.

It's a great album, annoyed I missed them this time. Going to see Bleached at the Art School on Tuesday!

Calvin
19-05-2013, 03:57 PM
It's a great album, annoyed I missed them this time.
They were good live, great tempo to them. Not sold on the Berlin crowds though!

However the XX yesterday were just super.

Don't think that I have another gig planned now until Glastonbury now :(

yeezus.
22-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm praying that Morrissey will do another British tour next year. I was gutted that I was working last July when he was in Edinburgh.

This year I'm treating myself to Download! Anyone know if there are buses going from Edinburgh or Glasgow?

MrRobot
23-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Who?

Absolutely awesome live band :agree:

I've just been given a couple of tickets for the Slam Dunk festival at the University of Leeds for this coming May and I'm really looking forward to it - not quite as good a lineup as last year so far but a large number of bands still to be announced. Loved that so many bands I love played such an intimate festival, which really is targeted at quite a niche market in all honesty.

Also have Finch, with support from Mallory Knox at Brixton Academy next month which I'm really looking forward to :agree:

Pierce the Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Memphis May Fire, Tek-One, Yashin and the word alive. Pretty sweet line up.

Just back from seeing sleeping with sirens last light and bring me the horizon a few weeks back.

geordie_hibs
27-05-2013, 09:52 PM
1-6: Pastels - Glasgow CCA
8-6: Camera Obscura - Newcastle Uni
10-6: Neil Young - Newcastle Arena
20-6: Trembling Bells - Newcastle Morden Tower

looks a damn fine month to me....

H18sry
28-05-2013, 07:49 AM
15-6 Stone Roses,The View,Jake Bugg and Primal Scream
22-6 Beady Eye
28-6 Glasvegas

Not a bad month Just a pity The View at the picture house is the same night as Beady Eye.

deeks01
31-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Surprised I haven't seen anyone post about the Mark Knopfler gig at the SECC a few weeks back! One of my icons as a guitarist & he lived up to my expectations , absolutely cracking night! A bit of a change of pace from The View at Dundee the weekend before!

Next two gigs are the stone roses at GlasgowGreen which looks rather like a good day at a festival to me despite being a one off gig! Third time seeing the roses (never thought I'd get to say that) and seen the view loads of times but Jake Bugg will be new for me so hope he is decent live! Hope Primal Scream are as brilliant as I hope they are going to be! After that I have Beady Eye at the 02 ABC in Glasgow. Now that is bound to be some night as well!

Anyone doing the pre/post gig parties for GG? Seems to be loads kicking about!

.Sean.
03-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Kinda buzzing for the Roses now :partyhibb

yeezus.
04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm hoping there will be another Hibby at the Wickerman?

I doubt it though :rolleyes:

Green Man
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Anyone seen stage times for the Roses? I'm guessing it might be an eariler curfew with it being outdoors but I'm a bit concerened about making it back for the last train to Edinburgh.

Mark1875
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Anyone seen stage times for the Roses? I'm guessing it might be an eariler curfew with it being outdoors but I'm a bit concerened about making it back for the last train to Edinburgh.

Think it will be normal 11pm curfew. Doors don't open till late afternoon, 4pm iirc, plus Glasgow green doesn't have moany neighbours to deal with unlike meadowbank and murrayfield.

Dam just posting that makes me sad that the gigs at meadowbank got shelved. Apart from the festival season those were my favourite gigs of the year. Especially the year they had Radiohead/beck on the tues and Muse/MCR and Biffy on the thurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YehButNoBut
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM

The last train to Edinburgh from Queen St is 11:30pm, if you get away before the crowds you should be ok.

deeks01
06-06-2013, 04:42 PM

I'll be at wickerman so you won't be a lone Hibee :thumbsup:

Getting very excited for Glasgow Green next weekend now , scorching day in Glasgow today hope it stays that way for a week.

hibby rae
06-06-2013, 04:43 PM
The last train to Edinburgh from Queen St is 11:30pm, if you get away before the crowds you should be ok.

Buses run from Buchanan St till 3am I believe.

Carheenlea
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I was at the PBS gig at the Caves and it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't the best venue for them and the sound was poor. They were a lot better when I first saw them at the Voodoo Rooms.

That`s a pity, always disappointing when gigs don`t live up to high expectations of previous experiences. Believe me, I know all about it - I`m a Fall fan..:wink:

Last week a few of us enjoyed very much veteran Canadian prog-punk band NoMeansNo at a well filled Electric Circus, a fabulous set full of energy and some light hearted humour. What made the night that even more enjoyable was support by way of young Scottish band Fat Goth. They really were outstanding, and another exciting Scottish band to keep an eye out for. All in all the perfect way to banish those Cup Final blues that loomed for a couple days post Hampden!
Has to be said, the Electric Circus is getting some great artists to play this last year and in the future :agree:

Frazerbob
07-06-2013, 08:03 AM

How were DM in Munich?

Green Man
07-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Yeah I tend not to be too good at getting away sharp from gigs and knowing my mate he'll want to get right down the front :greengrin

As a side note, I've just listened to the new Primal Scream album, it's really good. I'm possibly more excited about seeing them than the Roses.

yeezus.
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I'll be at wickerman so you won't be a lone Hibee :thumbsup:

Getting very excited for Glasgow Green next weekend now , scorching day in Glasgow today hope it stays that way for a week.

Great stuff, if you see a Hibs flag make sure to give me a shout!

leith62
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
How were DM in Munich?

They were great thanks. we were in Munich for about 72 hours and it rained, mostly torrential, for about 66 of those but incredibly it stopped for the three hours we were in the stadium :-) was in the rear standing bit and I'm not the tallest so it was a bit likewatching a video for me at times but the atmosphere was great. really looking forward to Glasgow as it will feel like a tiny venue in comparison. have booked a hotel in Glasgow and definitely going along to the after show thing you mentioned, is it ticket in advance or do you just turn up. cheers.

Frazerbob
07-06-2013, 05:52 PM
They were great thanks. we were in Munich for about 72 hours and it rained, mostly torrential, for about 66 of those but incredibly it stopped for the three hours we were in the stadium :-) was in the rear standing bit and I'm not the tallest so it was a bit likewatching a video for me at times but the atmosphere was great. really looking forward to Glasgow as it will feel like a tiny venue in comparison. have booked a hotel in Glasgow and definitely going along to the after show thing you mentioned, is it ticket in advance or do you just turn up. cheers.

Just turn up, free entry with your gig ticket. It will probably be open pre-gig as well. Most folk I know are staying at Jury's, which is very near Classic Grand. Really looking forward to it, looks like it's going to be a great venue and the indoor arena shows are always better than the big stadium gigs.

deeks01
07-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Great stuff, if you see a Hibs flag make sure to give me a shout!

And if you see a drunkard in a Hibs top be sure and wave:thumbsup:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Frazerbob
08-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Fire at The Hydro today. With it already running behind schedule, there must be a doubt over gigs booked in September, October and November now. A lot of big names due in those first few months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22828292?post_id=692729219_10151481050184220

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Theres a bus from Buchanan Street Bus Station at 2359 too, if you miss the train.

AldoHFC
09-06-2013, 04:50 PM
15-6 Stone Roses,The View,Jake Bugg and Primal Scream
22-6 Beady Eye
28-6 Glasvegas

Not a bad month Just a pity The View at the picture house is the same night as Beady Eye.
Unless you're staying out late in Glasgow you could possibly make The View after Beady Eye, they've been coming on at about 12.50/1 o'clock at their other Propaganda gigs

.Sean.
09-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Had to sell my Roses ticket as i'm moving house on Saturday. Soul destroying :no way:

Haymaker
10-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Going to an all dayer on Bristol on the august bank holiday with tons of cracking bands but headlined by Sick of it All. Just that fact was enough to convince me!

Sylar
10-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Going to an all dayer on Bristol on the august bank holiday with tons of cracking bands but headlined by Sick of it All. Just that fact was enough to convince me!

Deadpunk? Toyed with the idea but going to opt for the UK Vans Warped Tour at Alexandra Palace on the 16th and 17th of November instead.

Billy Talent, Rise Against, Anberlin, Memphis May Fire, Coheed and Cambria and Yellowcard to name but a few.

Haymaker
10-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Deadpunk? Toyed with the idea but going to opt for the UK Vans Warped Tour at Alexandra Palace on the 16th and 17th of November instead.

Billy Talent, Rise Against, Anberlin, Memphis May Fire, Coheed and Cambria and Yellowcard to name but a few.

Yeah, my friend books/promotes for Deadpunk.

Hermit Crab
12-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Help please. How do you get into the front pit at the stone roses? Do you need a special ticket or is it first cone first served,

Green Man
12-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Help please. How do you get into the front pit at the stone roses? Do you need a special ticket or is it first cone first served,

I saw on another forum that you need a VIP ticket to get in the front bit.

Hibby_Paul
12-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Heaton Park gigs last year were first come first served. You got a wristband so could then leave front pit and wander around back etc after and get back in. VIP tickets just have you access to special bars and stuff. When I saw Coldplay at Glasgow green it was same set up.

Might be worth just going early in case that is case as you can then buy drink etc and relax at back then head back in! Perhaps even 2 circles at front if small VIP in operation.

Having seen roses at heaton would def recommend being as close to front as few folk complained who were further back that sound didnt travel well.

Groathillgrump
12-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Elvis Costello this Sunday at the Festival Theatre
Paul Weller at the castle 21st July
The Smyths at Liquid Rooms 31August

That lot are giving my age away eh? :greengrin

hibby rae
12-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Going down to London tomorrow for Springsteen this weekend and my mate's just text to say she's got us a couple of free tickets for Thurston Moore's new band on the friday night!

Steve-O
15-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Heaton Park gigs last year were first come first served. You got a wristband so could then leave front pit and wander around back etc after and get back in. VIP tickets just have you access to special bars and stuff. When I saw Coldplay at Glasgow green it was same set up.

Might be worth just going early in case that is case as you can then buy drink etc and relax at back then head back in! Perhaps even 2 circles at front if small VIP in operation.

Having seen roses at heaton would def recommend being as close to front as few folk complained who were further back that sound didnt travel well.

Didn't you see Coldplay at Bellahouston Park? :wink:

Expecting Rain
15-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Dylan is playing Clyde Auditorium on the 11th, 12th and 13th of November.

grunt
15-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Dylan is playing Clyde Auditorium on the 11th, 12th and 13th of November.Cripes I hope not! I've got a ticket for the 18th. He's playing Clyde Auditorium on the 18th, 19th and 20th of November. :D

Expecting Rain
15-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Cripes I hope not! I've got a ticket for the 18th. He's playing Clyde Auditorium on the 18th, 19th and 20th of November. :D

Oops!

Newhaven
15-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Iron Maiden just announced at the MOR in donnington they'll play at the 02 in London on the 3rd of August.

Calvin
21-06-2013, 05:48 PM
We've got United Fruit, The Little Kicks, Fatherson and The Xcerts playing our AGM tomorrow which should be superb. Then on Tuesday it's the long drive down to Glastonbury. I've never been before and truly cannot wait. Anyone else heading down?

Haymaker
21-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I hope you have plenty of cash with you, Glasto is without doubt the most expensive festival I have been too. However it is complete carnage, I hardly watched the bands, I spent most of the time wandering around the craft areas.

Haymaker
21-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh and got married to some random bird in the biggest mass wedding ever.

Piqué
22-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Avicii in Glasgow on the 17th of August, looking forward to this one.

Green Man
28-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Made a last minute decision to see Glasvegas at the Liquid Room tonight. Saw them there a few years back and really enjoyed it, don't know what their more recent stuff is like.

Hibbyradge
29-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Sigur Ros and King Creosote tickets on their way.

Hibby70
30-06-2013, 07:56 AM

I'm going too. Lineup isn't great but will probably see

Primal Scream
Dreadzone
The Enemy
Bombskare
Ok social club

And after seeing them on Glastonbury, Nile Rodgers and Chic will be good for a the sunny afternoon slot.