PDA

View Full Version : Jay Doyle - Hibs Player

Weir7
23-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Hibs player tweeting his love for weegie unwashed tramps.

Not what I expect Hibs players to be doing. Keep that junk to yourself.

"@Jaydoyle15: So proud of that team #OneLove"

@Jaydoyle15: At the nou camp and all you here is Celtic fans #bestintheworld #youllneverwalkalone"

"@Jaydoyle15: Watching that advert about Celtic history #onelove #glasgowsgreenandwhite"

oyle15: Yaaaaf@@kingdancer #samibhoy"

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Who? :dunno:

Is he an under 19s player?

Jones28
23-10-2012, 09:13 PM
He's a kid ffs, leave him to it

jdships
23-10-2012, 09:23 PM

Exactly !!
Does it matter as long as he is doing the business for Hibs FC on the park ?
:flag:

Broken Gnome
23-10-2012, 09:27 PM
What if he was a supporter of the former Rangers and was lauding their journey to the UEFA final??? :greengrin

Mikey
23-10-2012, 09:29 PM

@Jaydoyle15: At the nou camp and all you here is Celtic fans #bestintheworld #youllneverwalkalone"

"@Jaydoyle15: Watching that advert about Celtic history #onelove #glasgowsgreenandwhite"

Is there a good reason why you logged in at 10:09 (for the first time in nearly a month), posted this nonsense, and logged out again at 10:10?

truehibernian
23-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Exactly !!
Does it matter as long as he is doing the business for Hibs FC on the park ?
:flag:

Which I'm led to believe he's a very very good chance of doing. Very young but very highly rated I'm told. A real poacher.

hibeemikey21
23-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Why even mention this? Unlikely, but could potentially get the lad in bother. Imagine you were the hall monitor type at school.

bingo70
23-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't think its a big deal but won't do any harm to point this thread out to him explaining the potential pitfalls of Twitter.

steakbake
23-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Is there a good reason why you logged in at 10:09 (for the first time in nearly a month), posted this nonsense, and logged out again at 10:10?

Boom!

S.sct
23-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Nothing to see here, move on.

3pm
23-10-2012, 09:44 PM
At least it won't be a surprise when he wants to sign for them.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Why even mention this? Unlikely, but could potentially get the lad in bother. Imagine you were the hall monitor type at school.

I'd have thought that if the club did have an issue with our players posting comments like this on Twitter then he would be getting into trouble regardless of what's posted on here.

As with most employers nowadays, I'm sure Hibs will constantly monitor the social networking pages of our players and deal with anything that they disapprove of as they see fit.

I'm not overly ecstatic at seeing a Hibs player posting comments that are supportive of Celtic or Rangers but I doubt very much that it would be something that the club would be looking to punish him over.

steakbake
23-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I'd have thought that if the club did have an issue with our players posting comments like this on Twitter then he would be getting into trouble regardless of what's posted on here.

As with most employers nowadays, I'm sure Hibs will constantly monitor the social networking pages of our players and deal with anything that they disapprove of as they see fit.

I'm not overly ecstatic at seeing a Hibs player posting comments that are supportive of Celtic or Rangers but I doubt very much that it would be something that the club would be looking to punish him over.

I have serious doubts that every employer monitors social networking. If something comes up as a problem, then they'll pick up on it. However, very doubtful that many employers comb twitter for "wrongthought" crimes.

legends of 73
23-10-2012, 09:57 PM
What's the problem with him supporting his team. Pointless post from the op

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Not a kid for much longer though. He will need to make grown up decisions sooner rather than later.

silverhibee
23-10-2012, 11:24 PM
10 match ban. :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
24-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Young Hibs footballer in "I love football" shocker. String him up! Nice to see a young player with a real passion for his chosen career. Good for him!

Perspectives, eh? :greengrin

EdinMike
24-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Wait..Everyone who plays for Hibs doesn't support them !?

Petrie !!! :grr:

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2012, 05:21 AM

Only reason could be to stir the ****

Pointless thread

hibsmad
24-10-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't see it as a completely pointless thread. Quite simply if a Hibs player, youth player or otherwise, wants to declare so much "love" for one of our competitors then I am happy to be made aware of it. If for no other reason than to know that, should he ever become a first team regular, then he would have no hesitation in making the move west.

Let's face it, he made these comments through twitter which makes them public. Is it really surprising that Hibs supporters are now discussing it on this board.

He's just a kid but calling their fans the "best fans in the world" is basically saying they are better than his own clubs fans. I'm not suggesting he should be disciplined in any way but maybe someone should just have a quiet word in his ear to let him know some of these comments were not all that clever.

Saorsa
24-10-2012, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes:

DarrenSQH
24-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Im more worried that he cant spell the word hear.

Golden Bear
24-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Wait..Everyone who plays for Hibs doesn't support them !?

Petrie !!! :grr:

Exactly.

Hibs recruit their young players from near and far so it stands to reason that the majority of them are not dyed in the wool Hibbies. The lad has obviously not been blessed with a great deal of common sense but it didn't merit someone starting up a thread on what he said.

In fact I don't know why I even responded.

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I suppose the OP would also want Celtic to discipline their captain for publicly supporting Hibs at the cup final.

Steve20
24-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I wonder if people would still not be so bothered if it was Hearts or Rangers that he was saying these things about.

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't see it as a completely pointless thread. Quite simply if a Hibs player, youth player or otherwise, wants to declare so much "love" for one of our competitors then I am happy to be made aware of it. If for no other reason than to know that, should he ever become a first team regular, then he would have no hesitation in making the move west.

Let's face it, he made these comments through twitter which makes them public. Is it really surprising that Hibs supporters are now discussing it on this board.

He's just a kid but calling their fans the "best fans in the world" is basically saying they are better than his own clubs fans. I'm not suggesting he should be disciplined in any way but maybe someone should just have a quiet word in his ear to let him know some of these comments were not all that clever.

I agree i think his comments are a bit silly and i hope he learns to be a bit more tactful in the future

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Have we not got a under 20s match against hearts tonight if so why's one of our players over supporting Celtic in Spain

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Have we not got a under 20s match against hearts tonight if so why's one of our players over supporting Celtic in Spain

I'm pretty sure he meant that the game was "at the Nou Camp" and all you could here [sic] (through the TV coverage) was Celtc fans, not that he was at the game personally.

JimBHibees
24-10-2012, 09:08 AM
What's the problem with him supporting his team. Pointless post from the op

Yep shatt stirring of the highest order. Who cares really?

NOLA
24-10-2012, 09:12 AM
At least it won't be a surprise when he wants to sign for them. "I've supported them since I was a boy" shocker ;)

Hibernia Na Eir
24-10-2012, 09:26 AM
was a Hibs youth player not guilty of lording it up with hun supporters when he was used as ballboy once?

Thecat23
24-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I can't believe some folk are actually moaning about this? If I was playing for say Dundee and Hibs were in Europe I'd be posting about it too. That in no way means I'm not committed to them. In fact I'd prob try harder against Hibs to prove I'm willing to give my all. If anything well done to him for having the balls to admit the team he follows and not be one of those players who does support one of the old firm but denies it till they come calling. Come on guys see the bigger picture here.

Owain_1987
24-10-2012, 10:05 AM
This is a bit a pointless thread! To be honest I love Hibs but can't say I would of been upset to see Celtic get a point last night. It shows that our league is maybe not as bad as everyone makes out.

marinello59
24-10-2012, 10:05 AM
was a Hibs youth player not guilty of lording it up with hun supporters when he was used as ballboy once?

A CHILD once got carried away at a Fitba match and grown men started frothing at the mouth. Pathetic really.

Pretty Boy
24-10-2012, 10:10 AM
You can tell things are going ok on the park when things like this become a big deal to a few, they need something to moan about.

Maybe a quiet wee word in the ear from Hibs but that's it. It's no big deal.

bigwheel
24-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Are players not allowed to support other teams now? He's a kid - having fun on twitter about the team he supports..makes no difference to me - doesn't interfere with his job

oconnors_strip
24-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Will have a word with him about it tonight.......

And tell him he is causing trouble on hibs net!! Lol.

He is a good wee striker and will be firing the goals in this season.

Albanian Hibs
24-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I dont see any problems with this. What age is he though? How can he be classed as a kid?

McKenzie
24-10-2012, 11:07 AM
So because he's a Celtic fan means he shouldn't play for Hibs...really?

hibsmad
24-10-2012, 11:14 AM
So because he's a Celtic fan means he shouldn't play for Hibs...really?

Who said that? What is the point in posting if you are just going to make stuff up.

The op said he should keep his comments to himself. I disagree with this in the main as I find it refreshing to know what club players follow rather than us guessing about who they really support. What I do think is that no player employed by Hibs should be calling other clubs fans the "best fans in the world".

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Would everyone be so forgiving if he was talking about hearts

Thecat23
24-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Would everyone be so forgiving if he was talking about hearts

Wouldn't bother me. I'm sure there are a couple of lads we have who support Hearts. As long as when they wear the green and white of Hibs they give 110% I couldn't care less who they support.

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Wouldn't bother me. I'm sure there are a couple of lads we have who support Hearts. As long as when they wear the green and white of Hibs they give 110% I couldn't care less who they support.

So you would be happy for one of our players to describe the jambos as the best fans in the world

Broken Gnome
24-10-2012, 12:24 PM
So you would be happy for one of our players to describe the jambos as the best fans in the world

He'd get pelters. Don't think anyone would be THAT draft though.

He'd also get far more stick if it was Rangers.

cocopops1875
24-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Hibs don't have staff that can stock the club shop with enough shirts, do you really think we have a social media officer/thought police person ?

Thecat23
24-10-2012, 12:30 PM

If that's what he thought then that's up to him. Like someone else said he would get pelters but not from me. As i stated he gives a 110% in a Hibs shirt he can say he loved Bin Ladden for all i care. Some folk just take these comments a lot more serious and to heart than others.

frazeHFC
24-10-2012, 12:43 PM
If i was playing for another team i would still always love Hibs, and would also be tweeting my delight if we did well.

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 01:27 PM
If that's what he thought then that's up to him. Like someone else said he would get pelters but not from me. As i stated he gives a 110% in a Hibs shirt he can say he loved Bin Ladden for all i care. Some folk just take these comments a lot more serious and to heart than others.

I don't think people are taking his comments to heart. Personally i couldn't care less what team he supports i just think his comments are ill advised

ancient hibee
24-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I thought Celtic were terrific and was hoping they got a draw-does this make me a bad person -will I have to hand in my season ticket?

Frogga
24-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't have a huge problem with it but I'd rather players who are signed on a contract with a club kept this stuff off public media. As I say it doesn't bother me too much but he should be clever enough to know it's not the best way to endear yourself to your own fans.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2012, 07:02 PM
He's a laddie and maybe not as wise as some on here :greengrin

I'm still waiting on the OP answering Mikey's question. It does seem odd to log on, post what he/she posted and then log right off again. He/she could of course have a perfectly valid reason for doing so but I'd like to hear it :wink:

lord bunberry
24-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I thought Celtic were terrific and was hoping they got a draw-does this make me a bad person -will I have to hand in my season ticket?

Yes and i hope you washed your hands after typing that

Sir David Gray
24-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't have a huge problem with it but I'd rather players who are signed on a contract with a club kept this stuff off public media. As I say it doesn't bother me too much but he should be clever enough to know it's not the best way to endear yourself to your own fans.

He's a football player. How clever do you expect him to be? :wink:

Yes and yes again.

Furthermore, you should be getting a 10 year banning order from Easter Road.

Unacceptable to be honest.

:greengrin

Brizo
24-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Wont be the first and wont be the last Hibs player to let slip their OF allegiances. Ivan Sproule anyone. Didnt stop Ivan scoring a famous hat trick against his team and if this lad makes the grade and scores for us aginst his team he can twitterise all he wants.

In an ideal world players would realise that social media conversations are public conversations and that you should think before you tweet. That kind of self awareness is lacking in footballers a lot older and a lot more used to the media world than this young player.

Doesnt bother me what team a player supports or if they make it public knowledge. Prefer that honesty to the fake badge kissing nonsense from players , including died in the wool Hibbies, when we all know they will be off like a speeding bullet if they get a better offer elsewhere.

oconnors_strip
24-10-2012, 09:38 PM
“@Jaydoyle15: @nikki1875 yeah I know didn't mean anything by it al give 110% for hibs everytime I wear the shirt and love playing for the club” there is his reply for you all

3pm
24-10-2012, 10:10 PM
“@Jaydoyle15: @nikki1875 yeah I know didn't mean anything by it al give 110% for hibs everytime I wear the shirt and love playing for the club” there is his reply for you all

Shame the poor wee sod even had to reply. Just a kid.

monktonharp
24-10-2012, 10:18 PM
“@Jaydoyle15: @nikki1875 yeah I know didn't mean anything by it al give 110% for hibs everytime I wear the shirt and love playing for the club” there is his reply for you allmanned up, good lad:aok:

hibsbollah
24-10-2012, 10:20 PM

Not good enough. Get him in front of a Parliamentary Select Committee for a 3 hour grilling. Time to bring back National Service. Hanging's too good for em. Young folk today dinnae ken they're born:fuming:

silverhibee
24-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Wont be the first and wont be the last Hibs player to let slip their OF allegiances. Ivan Sproule anyone. Didnt stop Ivan scoring a famous hat trick against his team and if this lad makes the grade and scores for us aginst his team he can twitterise all he wants.

In an ideal world players would realise that social media conversations are public conversations and that you should think before you tweet. That kind of self awareness is lacking in footballers a lot older and a lot more used to the media world than this young player.

Doesnt bother me what team a player supports or if they make it public knowledge. Prefer that honesty to the fake badge kissing nonsense from players , including died in the wool Hibbies, when we all know they will be off like a speeding bullet if they get a better offer elsewhere.

Deek always kissed the badge because he loved and supported Hibs, it was part of his celebration, and he wasn't of like a speeding bullet at the first offer. :aok:

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/285/405279-1.jpg :greengrin

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41528000/jpg/_41528180_riordan270.jpg :greengrin

.Sean.
25-10-2012, 11:31 AM
What if it was Hearts or Rangers he was shouting about?

I hate Celtic and all they stand for, I don't want to hear of any employees of Hibs willing them on.

truehibernian
25-10-2012, 11:38 AM
What if it was Hearts or Rangers he was shouting about?

I hate Celtic and all they stand for, I don't want to hear of any employees of Hibs willing them on.

He's only 17 sean, we surely can cut the lad some slack - I know it irks some mate but that's what we face now with social media. Players either use it responsibly or not. But plenty players 'support' previous clubs, put tweets out in support of players of other clubs, etc etc.

For what it's worth, I was in close proximity of St Johnstone players prior to an SPL fixture this season - the Celtic game was an earlier kick off and Commons equalised for them (I think it was Ross County) - you'd be surprised how many of them support Celtic and their reactions were euphoric - have to admit it raised an eye brow with me but then you look back and say 'how many times have I reacted when Hibs have scored a winner/equaliser'.

They are human, they support clubs, just like we support Hibernian - I had a few training sessions with Hearts as a youth - shall I go to the naughty step because I still went to Easter Road with my mates at the same time ?

For me there has been a wee over reaction to this, but only my opinion.

Hibercelona
25-10-2012, 11:49 AM
You know whats sad....

People complaining about what somebody types up on some social networking site (which is crap anyway), while posting up whatever they feel like themselves.

Let him tweet (is that what its called?) whatever he likes.

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 11:54 AM
He's only 17 sean, we surely can cut the lad some slack - I know it irks some mate but that's what we face now with social media. Players either use it responsibly or not. But plenty players 'support' previous clubs, put tweets out in support of players of other clubs, etc etc.

For what it's worth, I was in close proximity of St Johnstone players prior to an SPL fixture this season - the Celtic game was an earlier kick off and Commons equalised for them (I think it was Ross County) - you'd be surprised how many of them support Celtic and their reactions were euphoric - have to admit it raised an eye brow with me but then you look back and say 'how many times have I reacted when Hibs have scored a winner/equaliser'.

They are human, they support clubs, just like we support Hibernian - I had a few training sessions with Hearts as a youth - shall I go to the naughty step because I still went to Easter Road with my mates at the same time ?

For me there has been a wee over reaction to this, but only my opinion.

You should have been sent to the corner and made to finish a whole packet of Fishermen Friends. That would have taught you. :greengrin

truehibernian
25-10-2012, 12:03 PM
You should have been sent to the corner and made to finish a whole packet of Fishermen Friends. That would have taught you. :greengrin

Don't fret SH, the ganting silver strip stopped me scoring against Hibs in a 5-a-side tournament although I did score against Celtic - they had a lad who I'm convinced was actually Roy Aitken :greengrin

I did however score a few in a penalty competition at Easter Road, in front of the Dunbar end, before a Hibs v Celtic game. The nearest I came sadly :boo hoo:

Liking that Fishermans Friend punishment though - might try that one out on the bairn :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Making them eat a packet of polos then giving them a can of coke seems to improve their behaviour! gets a bit messy tho! ;-)

silverhibee
25-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Don't fret SH, the ganting silver strip stopped me scoring against Hibs in a 5-a-side tournament although I did score against Celtic - they had a lad who I'm convinced was actually Roy Aitken :greengrin

I did however score a few in a penalty competition at Easter Road, in front of the Dunbar end, before a Hibs v Celtic game. The nearest I came sadly :boo hoo:

Liking that Fishermans Friend punishment though - might try that one out on the bairn :wink:

Well you got further than me TH, :greengrin, many moons ago i watched near enough a whole team from Hutchie Vale be given pro contracts from clubs mostly in Scotland from teams in the SPL, i am sure only one of them is still playing football, there was high hopes for some of them, but either through injuries or just not making the grade most of them were out of football for good by the age of 18, which is sad, you just have to look at the number of young lads at Hibs in the last few years who were tipped to go on and have good careers and are now working 9-5 in a steady job, or not even working at all as all they new was how to play football and have no other skills.

For every young lucky lad who makes it in football there are 100s who don't make it. It can be a cruel game as well. :agree:

Fishermans Friend is a good deterrent, the mention of the nippy sweetie to my son still scares him and he is 18 now. :greengrin

truehibernian
25-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Well you got further than me TH, :greengrin, many moons ago i watched near enough a whole team from Hutchie Vale be given pro contracts from clubs mostly in Scotland from teams in the SPL, i am sure only one of them is still playing football, there was high hopes for some of them, but either through injuries or just not making the grade most of them were out of football for good by the age of 18, which is sad, you just have to look at the number of young lads at Hibs in the last few years who were tipped to go on and have good careers and are now working 9-5 in a steady job, or not even working at all as all they new was how to play football and have no other skills.

For every young lucky lad who makes it in football there are 100s who don't make it. It can be a cruel game as well. :agree:

Fishermans Friend is a good deterrent, the mention of the nippy sweetie to my son still scares him and he is 18 now. :greengrin

Totally agree about that mate - my opinion of youth football has been well documented here and certainly when I played (and you've highlighted one of my previous clubs) the emphasis was on strength, height and physicality. Of course there were technically gifted players, but like you, I've seen some who I thought were quite fantastic players fail to make the grade - some of it purely down to nepotism, who they knew, who their father was, etc, etc. The standard of coaching was absolutely terrible and the leagues were full of fathers living out football fantasies.

I remember playing in a tournament in Germany and although we won it, the difference in attitude from coaches and those watching was stark - the Germans were full of encouragement even when their teams were beaing beaten - always encouraging football. Our coaches were shouting abuse, veins popping out necks, etc etc. Now who has the best record for players and teams ?

I enjoyed my spell at Hutchison Vale - but there was an elitism attached to them and Salveson at the time, and no doubt it continues today, as they were the 'production line' - like you say most in my age group didn't make it, although some did and from time to time I catch up with them. One in particular did well for himself but had to travel round the world before being noticed - and he worked very very hard and deserved all he got. Others ended up in the lower leagues with Stenny, Cowdenbeath, East Fife etc.

I always tell kids nowadays, just enjoy the game and keep playing - not for the money or the possible riches - but because this wonderful, beautiful game we follow is a joy to play if you can play it well, and you eventually reach an age where you do sit down and say 'i wish i could go back a few years and do it all again' (no matter what level you reached). Even in juvenile, junior and lower league football, you'll always have a story to tell and meet some fantastic people along the way, many of whom influence who you are.

It really is a beautiful game :agree: